Does anyone use UPromise? Is it worth it?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have had a UPromise account for quite some time.

Although I only have a small amount in it, I have not really kept up with it.

The amount in the account will not help pay for my daughter to go to college, but may be able to help my son (who is 2).

Since it does not cost me anything, I think it is worth registering my store cards and debit card.

Is anyone else using it? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've used upromise for many years. I only use it when the rebate is worth it (check evrewards.com) and when it gets to about $150 in rebate, I ask them to send me a check. I don't imagine it will ever be enough to pay toward college - and I'm pretty sure it would only come off the financial aid package anyway, if eligible - but every once in a while there's still good deals, especially with the IDINE. HTH...

I look at it as free money. I'd buy gas at Exxon/Mobil anyway, so why not get a penny back per gallon. I buy groceries anyway, so why not activate the ecoupons for products i expect to purchase. Etc. Rarely use the rebates on online purchases option as I usually get better CashBack rates elsewhere, but sometimes its competitive enough to do.

Keep in mind you can request a check at any time for the accumulated funds. You are not required to use them for education expenses.

gisele2828 said: I've used upromise for many years. I only use it when the rebate is worth it (check evrewards.com) and when it gets to about $150 in rebate, I ask them to send me a check. I don't imagine it will ever be enough to pay toward college - and I'm pretty sure it would only come off the financial aid package anyway, if eligible - but every once in a while there's still good deals, especially with the IDINE. HTH...

Thanks for the information. I never knew we could get a check instead of paying for college. That means it is even better.

What is evrewards.com? Do you check it when you you are looking for rebates?

What is IDINE?

Thanks

If your trying to save money for your kids you should get a free membership and MyCrumb.net. There you will get Cash Back on your purchases at over 1000 top online stores. And you can also make money on referrals when they shop. I have been using this system for 2 years now and have made hundreds on both referrals and my purchases. You should start saving now, because its adds up fast. http://MyCrumb.net one search for great rewards.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.