Best Buy Gift Card Refund?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Can I do that? I received two $25 gift cards and would rather spend the money elsewhere. What is their policy?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Great idea...go up to random strangers and ask them to buy gift cards off of you.

respdoc (Dec. 29, 2010 @ 6:37a) |

craigslist them

shansen9256 (Dec. 29, 2010 @ 9:19a) |

Anyone tried Cardwoo.com? They are saying they pay the most.....

claire_boston (Dec. 29, 2010 @ 10:32a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Best Buy Gift Card Terms and Conditions

•Redeemable in any U.S. or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location, or online at BestBuy.com where available, for merchandise or services including Magnolia Home Theater and Geek Squad
•Not redeemable for cash
•Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards replaced only with valid proof of purchase to extent of remaining card balance
•Not a credit or debit card
•Not valid as payment on Best Buy credit card
•Check gift card balance at any U.S. or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location, online at BestBuy.com or call 1-888-716-7994. You'll need to have your card number.
•Receipt will show remaining gift card balance
•No expiration date, no fees
•Reload gift cards at any U.S. or P.R. Best Buy retail location
•Digital coupons are not redeemable toward gift card purchases
•All terms enforced except where prohibited by law

Yeah, I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck redeeming any gift card for cash, sir.

redskins3d said:   PlasticJungle.comI just went through a little bit of their process. For a $25 Best Buy gift card I get $23 and change in an Amazon card. I'm happy with that.

A few questions. They ask for the card number and it's pin and than you have to mail the card in. And they ask for the sales receipt. Why do they need the card, they've got all the info they need to use it online? Sales receipt, I don't have one, it was a gift and I don't really want to tell the giver I'm selling their gift.

Is this company legit, it seems almost too good to be true?

I googled the company and found some user comments about them. It was about 50/50 liked/hated them.

i will give you $40 for your gift cards

I used them and was very happy. You print out a stamped envelope and they send you the money very quickly. I have another card, but it is higher value and don't like the offer they gave me.

You can sell it on e-bay for $45 for both. And you may get around $43 from e-bay.

Personally, I would eBay them.

craigslist them

jangell2 said:   redskins3d said:   PlasticJungle.comI just went through a little bit of their process. For a $25 Best Buy gift card I get $23 and change in an Amazon card. I'm happy with that.

A few questions. They ask for the card number and it's pin and than you have to mail the card in. And they ask for the sales receipt. Why do they need the card, they've got all the info they need to use it online? Sales receipt, I don't have one, it was a gift and I don't really want to tell the giver I'm selling their gift.

Is this company legit, it seems almost too good to be true?

I believe when they resell your card, they'll mail out the actual card so it can be used in store as well as online. If you can find someone planning to make an online purchase, then you might be able to arrange something privately where you don't have to mail the card if you'd prefer not to.

jangell2 said:   I just went through a little bit of their process. For a $25 Best Buy gift card I get $23 and change in an Amazon card. I'm happy with that.From another BB GC "dumping" thread ...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1059713/m1556312...

visor said:   BB sells Kindle gift cards. They are good at Amazon on everything. They come in denominations of $25 each.

give them as a gift to someone else in the future instead of buying something.

speak to customers in the shop who are buying something and ask them if they'll give you cash for your cards

I buy from PlasticJungle all the time. They're good.

Use them to buy Kindle GCs. They're just rebadged Amazon GCs.

fr said:   Use them to buy Kindle GCs. They're just rebadged Amazon GCs.

So are you saying that you can use a Kindle GC at Amazon for anything they sell (including non-Kindle items)?

fr said:   Use them to buy Kindle GCs. They're just rebadged Amazon GCs.

you have proof that they can be spent on anything on Amazon? I'm inclined to call shenanigans unless its in writing somewhere... might just be me tho.

plastic jungle and card pool are both good and I have sold dozens to both however card pool pays in ~1 week when plastic jungle takes 2-3 weeks via check. They now pay via paypal so I don't know if still applicable. Abcgiftcards will beat pj or card pool by 1% but you have to pay postage so for your card prob not worth it.

motsuka said:   plastic jungle and card pool are both good and I have sold dozens to both however card pool pays in ~1 week when plastic jungle takes 2-3 weeks via check. They now pay via paypal so I don't know if still applicable. Abcgiftcards will beat pj or card pool by 1% but you have to pay postage so for your card prob not worth it.Well, I wasn't going to take check from PJ, but an Amazon gc which would be emailed to me.

I'd still be interested in knowing if I can really buy a kindle gift card at BB using a BB gift card?

If you're in California, split them into denominations of less than $10, and according to the CA state law you can cash them out!!

ComputerGreek said:   speak to customers in the shop who are buying something and ask them if they'll give you cash for your cards

Great idea...go up to random strangers and ask them to buy gift cards off of you.

craigslist them

Anyone tried Cardwoo.com? They are saying they pay the most.....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014