BE WARE OF ZIPZOOMFLY.COM!!!

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I recently purchased 2 items with the rebate issued from this company which has the approved processor but they never honor both rebate after a year writing and talking to them. They promised to send the money back but just never got it back!!! I've been wasted my time doing the rebate, writing to them and calling them . Never ever in my life deal with this company again!!!

UPDATE: Anyone got screw from Zipzoomfly.com should gather up and file complaints for our money back!!!!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

ebaker (Feb. 23, 2011 @ 9:21a) |

I'm still waiting for two $15 rebates that I submitted in April 2010.

Vincent (Mar. 08, 2011 @ 6:50p) |

They totally ignored me until I filed a complaint with the Goldengate BBB. For me they only responded after the BBB pull... (more)

ebaker (Mar. 08, 2011 @ 10:00p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Please, I appreciate a good rant. Can you give us a more accurate account of your rebate experience with ZZF?

statician said:   I recently purchased 2 items with the rebate issued from this company.... they never honor both rebate after a year writing and talking to them.
Recently? Or more than a year ago? Choose one. Were the rebates from ZipZoomFly or a third party?

They have been going downhill. Buy any rebate stuff at your own risk.
They haven't paid my rebates from the spring.

Switch over to FW favorite Newegg for better customer experience.

Just like posted back in October, other FWers have noticed it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1032592/

proneax

Broke Member

Date Posted: Oct/06/2010 1:27 PM
Rating: +4

ZipZoomFly is not known for good customer service, however they appear to have ceased all customer service operations entirely, and appear to be fraudulently avoiding payment on numerous rebates, as seen here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

Short story, they will not honor rebates and are not cooperating with the company that administers the rebates they advertise. Their customer service is inaccessible by phone and ignores emails sent about rebates.

So, I would advise not purchasing anything from ZZF if there is a rebate involved and you want to get that money.

------------------------------------------------

proxy101

Date Posted: Oct/06/2010 4:13 PM
Rating: +1

ZZF CSR is absolutely terrible! I bet if you call now (or any time for that matter) all you get is an answering machine. I don't know if its a management change or something, but they used to be pretty decent. Now it's IMO even worst than eCost. After the mess from this last order I had with them, I will never do business with them again!

An assortment of ZZF complaints on resellerratings.com just from December 2010.

Buyer is thinking rebate, like on hard drive deals in the past. Now they just don't honor their own rebates.
One buyer spent much effort and finally got a rebate, but compare to long time FW favorite Newegg that honors its rebates without the customer chasing it down for payment.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

squinky86 2/10 posted Dec-28-2010

Also a victim of rebate fraud. I even filed a BBB case (case #57181936). ZZF simply replied to my case that the rebate was inactive, and that they reserved the right to not honor their rebates. I rebutted, and the case was closed due to lack of a response from ZZF.

------------------------------

zipzoom1 2/10 posted Dec-24-2010

Don't expect to get any rebate from this company. I'm a former employee of this company. If they get the item from their vendor at $100, how can they sell it to you at $90 after the rebate? You think it's a good deal and place the order. By the time you know you can't get the rebate, it's too late to do anything. It's funny to see that BBB is still considering this company a A+ store.

--------------------------------

ebaker
Fort Worth TX 2/10 posted Dec-19-2010

Have 2 unpaid rebates on items bought in April 2010, it's now December. Rebate site says rebate received but payment not authorized by zipzoomfly. I have filed a BBB complaint with Goldengate BBB and they are overdue on their response to the BBB. They are either near bankruptcy or are just crooks

--------------------------------

Baraka17360 2/10 posted Dec-15-2010

In January 2010 I have purchased 10010079 WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black WD7501AALS Hard Drive from ZipZoomFly and properly mailed all the necessary
documents for the promised $15 rebate. Soon received ZipZoomFly Eligibility Confirmation in email: "We received your submission and it is currently being processed".

Though it was written in a promotion document "allow 8-10 weeks for receipt of rebate card", after 7 months I have not received it!!!

I called the contact phone from promotion document many times, they told me that it is
being processed and only in September (!!!) 2010 they eventually said that ZipZoomFly did not respond with authorization.

The recommended URL for checking status of my rebate http://www.status-now.com for 7 months showed the same message: "We have received your submission and it is being processed."

I tried to call ZipZoomFly but could not speak with the real person. I have submitted two complains on their web site, but got no response either.

Then I submitted a complaint to BBB and soon received the answer from Zipzoomfly that "we granted $15.00 rebate check and it will be mailed to Billing address within 2 weeks."

I waited a MONTH (!!!) - no rebate. Submitted the second complaint to BBB, got a new response from Zipzoomfly: "The status and approval of the rebate shall be determined by the rebate center."

It means - by the same center that informed me 2 months that "...ZipZoomFly did not respond with authorization."

It was like the 'war of nerves' - who would give up first?!! I decided not to give up and responded to BBB that I don't accept this solution.

And eventually nearly 11 months later I got the check today 12/15/2010!

NEVER DEAL with ZipZoomFly - the worst experience of my life!

---------------------------------

JimboUS 2/10 posted Dec-13-2010

Avoid this seller at all costs.
Does not honor rebates, does not respond to emails, does not answer customer service phone line, does not return phone calls.

Has cheated me out of a $10 rebate.

Dishonest seller who should be out of business.

Jimlvt 2/10 posted Dec-09-2010

I purchased a WD 500GB hard drive which included a $10 rebate. After following up with their rebate service and getting delayed they finally told me that ZZF was no longer funding the rebate so I contacted ZZF and they indicated they would honor the rebate and send the $10. I am still waiting. They no longer respond to my emails and their customer phone line is a joke. I see many others have had trouble with this company and I would not recommend doing any business with them.
report? Is this review?.. Helpful | Cool

runmas55 2/10 posted Dec-09-2010

Zipzoomfly has ripped me off for the last time. I will never purchase anything from them again. Why are they still in business? I called the rebate center 800-953-3098 multiple times since April about 2 rebates ($15 and $10) but kept getting the runaround. They continued to say that they are waiting to hear from Zipzoomfly. Now, they've taken down rebateaccess website and you can't complain to anyone in person. Scam artists!

vialf 2/10 posted Dec-08-2010

I'm another ripped off rebate customer. After a couple of contacts they said they would credit my paypal. Now no answers to complaints. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS. Put them out of business!!

WasCheated 2/10 posted Dec-08-2010

Store failed on all levels of customer service. Even their rebate handler, Velocity Fulfillment, hates them. After my rebate was approved and acknowledged, they refused to release my funds. I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint as well. Zip Zoom Fly's response was repeatedly that they would send out my check or see that the rebate handler was able to send it....NOTHING ever happened and 7 months later no funds have arrived. They are scam artists.

zzfsucks311 2/10 posted Dec-04-2010

ZZF's rebate program is a scam. My rebate has not been received after eight months. Velocity Fulfillment says it is waiting for authorization from ZipZoomfly.

Thank God someone share their experience with me. Ibought the Hitachi Hard drive (500 GB) and the ASUS 23 inches monitor, never got my rebate back. Buyer be aware! I will not even spend a sec to open up their site in my life again. I don't believe company do business like this.

WOW!!!! Have they gone down that bad?? But i never done a deal with a rebate there before so i can't said how bad it is. But on regular items w/o rebates I always get it on time and great packaging.

They used to have good deals on hard drives with rebates along with other items that FWers bought. Then last year 2010 they stopped caring to pay out rebates. Prior to that they used to be reliable in paying out the rebates.

These deals are the same deals that were found on the FW Hot Deals section, such as $10, $15, $20 rebate off a drive. Instead of like $109 or $119, it would be at $99AR or something of a hot deal price.

Just go to their hard drive section, and they do not keep as much inventory any longer.

Then from just glancing at resellerratings.com, you see a flood of complaints, and easily get pages to click through.

When trying to look up the original rebate at the URL from the rebate form, it eventually leads to something like contact ZZF.
So then, the buyer is out of luck.

After seeing initial postings from FWers as well not getting paid on the hard drive rebates, I switched to the FW deals on Newegg and have gotten the Newegg rebates reliably paid.

Was your rebate sent to this ZipZoomFly address: 39889 Eureka Drive, Newark CA 94560? Wrapables.com is also listed at that same address per Fatwallet's list of retailers. I phoned Wrapables phone number, and it sounds like the same person's voice as on the recorded greeting as zipzoomfly.

Webpage: http://www.wrapables.com/
Contact Information:
Email:
service@wrapables.com
Voice Phone:
877-411-9600
Address:
39889 Eureka Drive, Newark CA 94560

I don't care about the $25 but I'm pissed the way they played games. Rebate process approved, and they sent me email confirmation that I will get my money back soon, the "SOON" waited many months and I realized it 's dead! Just waste of time to deal with this company. I wish people can get together and file complaints like the news I seen how customer got the credit card company ass that charged customers ( or steal from customers) for protective service customer never ask for. If people don't get together the company will continue to suck your money and stay alive.

Notice of trustee's sale recently recorded (see paste below) for the real estate at 39889 Eureka Drive. Don't know if ZZF owns the building, but it was ZZF's rebate address previously.

...WILL SELL AT PUBLIC AUCTION TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER FOR CASH (payable at time of sale in lawful money of the United States, by cash, a cashier's check drawn by a state or national bank, a check drawn by a state or federal credit union, or a check drawn by a state or federal savings and loan association, savings association, or savings bank specified in section 5102 of the Financial Code and authorized to do business in this state). At: the Fallon Street entrance to the County Courthouse, 1225 Fallon Street, Oakland, CA all right, title and interest conveyed to and now held by it under said Deed of Trust in the property situated in said County, California describing the land therein: PARCEL 2, PARCEL MAP 7552, FILED JULY 20, 2000, BOOK 252 OF PARCEL MAPS, PAGE 48, ALAMEDA COUNTY RECORDS. The street address and other common designation, if any, of the real property described above is purported to be: 39889 Eureka Drive, Newark, CA 94560

TO me it seems like the company likely closing so they can run away from the rebate like what one of the Antec Rebate company did. And if you browse the company, many items are not available so they don't plan to restock goods for sales.

Well... I am in the same boat, having bought a DVD burner in March 2010 and the rebate never paid. The rebate company said ZZF would not release the payment for the rebate. So I called and emailed ZZF, eventually received an email saying they were canceling the rebate and issuing me a check. In other words, never are you going to see the money. I see now on January 5th the BBB removed them as an accredited member, previous rating was an "F".

I had to fight their customer support a few years back about a power supply I purchased. The pinouts for the video card aux power were wrong (as in they didn't even fit - wrong shape). I tried to RMA it but never got the confirmation from ZZF. I called and was told I would get an email with the rest of the instructions and to purchase a second power supply. After two weeks with no response I called my credit card company and filed the proper information to pull the payment. Magically ZZF called me the next day and told me they would be refunding me the money (already had it) and that I needed to return my defective power supply. My reply was they needed to send a pre-paid box as I had already settled my dispute with my credit card company and the only way they would get the defective power supply was with a pre-paid box. Again, magically a pre-paid box showed up a few days later. Last item I ever bought from ZZF. I really miss the googlegear days.

sorry, removing the duplicate post.

If folks want to file a complaint with the State of California:
https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/cru/gencomplaint.php

When enough complaints come in, the attorney general's office will take action. In the mean time, it'll trigger letters from the State which, in my experience, convinces most people to take positive steps.

Their BBB Accreditation was revoked on 01/05/2011.

ZZF has to be the sleaziest online vendor that I have dealt with, period. They played games with a $15 rebate, 11 months later I still don't have it. After a few emails and their attempts at stalling ("on what date did you mail the rebate?"), they claimed that they were going to deposit the rebate amount in my Paypal account. That was on November 1. I emailed them a few times to ask specifically when they would be depositing those funds (yeah right). A few days ago I received an email from them, seemingly out of the blue, apologizing and stating that they were cutting me a check for the $15 that would be going in the mail. At least they're not using cliches -- oh wait, they are. The check's in the mail.
Avoid ZZF at all costs. I'm just glad that this was a small rebate and that I didn't get burned on a big ticket item.

I'm still waiting for two $15 rebates that I submitted in April 2010.

Vincent said:   I'm still waiting for two $15 rebates that I submitted in April 2010.

They totally ignored me until I filed a complaint with the Goldengate BBB. For me they only responded after the BBB pulled their accrediation. Don't let them get away with it. They've screwed a lot of people.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014