• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello,
Does anyone know of any great deals for newspaper subscriptions
for the Bay area.

Thank you.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was talking to Mercury News subscription dept yesterday and was offered $40.39 for 52 weeks of Sunday thru Friday. I was trying to renew my existing subscription, however (same 6 days but $29.99) and was able to do so.

Hello,
I just called 18008706397,
Checked with customer service, and new subscriptions cost over 140 bucks for Friday-Saturday-Sunda.
What number did you try to get that 41.00 dollar promotion.
Thanks.

Yes, that is their number. I have subscribed off and on for about a million years now, even though now I am now living outside Santa Clara County. I did get this offer by mail for 4 weeks free with renewal but didn't have the info when I called yesterday. You can try? 1-888-282-3203 and ask for Preferred Subscriber Special #401. or go online to www.mercurynews.net/ep2

hth!

If you own an ereader, tablet, even most smartphones, check out Calibre. It provides FREE "subscriptions" to most major publications around the world, in most languages. For me, this feature alone more than justifies the purchase of such a device, provides LOTS of reading material - no time left to read books...

I'd rather read books than read a newspaper. I get most of my news from FW OT!

My wife stopped by the SJ Mercury booth on the way out of the SJ Auto and got a great deal: $70 for 52 weeks, 7-day, home delivery. Offer valid for new and renewals.

Also new subscriptions to Argus, Daily Review and other Bay Area News Group papers were offered at $20 per year. Hurry deal ends tomorrow, January 9, 2011.

kirbydog said:   Yes, that is their number. I have subscribed off and on for about a million years now, even though now I am now living outside Santa Clara County. I did get this offer by mail for 4 weeks free with renewal but didn't have the info when I called yesterday. You can try? 1-888-282-3203 and ask for Preferred Subscriber Special #401. or go online to www.mercurynews.net/ep2

hth!

Thank you Thank you!

I don't know why I keep getting this paper but I had previously been unsuccessful in getting any renewal deal and paid almost $60 for the last 6 months. I called the 888-222-3203 number and asked for the #401 special and they said they would charge me $64 for 6 months and give me 4 weeks free.

I refused that and asked for the $70 Auto Show special and after a brief pause she said she couldn't do that but the best she could do was $64.69 for 52 weeks (weird, hope it's true!) as a 1 off non-recurring deal, with an additional 4 weeks free with auto-renew. I declined the auto-renew but am signed up for the annual subscription. I confirmed this twice with her, but I still hope she wasn't charging me the 6 month rate instead of the 1 year. Thanks OP!

rj123456 said:   kirbydog said:   Yes, that is their number. I have subscribed off and on for about a million years now, even though now I am now living outside Santa Clara County. I did get this offer by mail for 4 weeks free with renewal but didn't have the info when I called yesterday. You can try? 1-888-282-3203 and ask for Preferred Subscriber Special #401. or go online to www.mercurynews.net/ep2

hth!

Thank you Thank you!

I don't know why I keep getting this paper but I had previously been unsuccessful in getting any renewal deal and paid almost $60 for the last 6 months. I called the 888-222-3203 number and asked for the #401 special and they said they would charge me $64 for 6 months and give me 4 weeks free.

I refused that and asked for the $70 Auto Show special and after a brief pause she said she couldn't do that but the best she could do was $64.69 for 52 weeks (weird, hope it's true!) as a 1 off non-recurring deal, with an additional 4 weeks free with auto-renew. I declined the auto-renew but am signed up for the annual subscription. I confirmed this twice with her, but I still hope she wasn't charging me the 6 month rate instead of the 1 year. Thanks OP!
Good job! =) Unfortunately I am consistently getting the West Contra County Times delivered because the delivery person dropped a note to say that the Mercury is dropped off to her too late to start her route so she hopes i don't mind. ummmm...I want to read the Sports in the Mercury for the hockey coverage!! Oh well, I suspect it just isn't meant to be.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014