St. Cloud Memory Foam Mattress at Aldi

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Have anybody tried with this memory foam sold at Aldi foods? I am searching for mattress and found one at Ikea for $500.
This aldi one sells for $220.

Aldi product page:
http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/offers/58_13393_ENU_HTML.htm

Thanks.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The reason it was $169.99 was because it was the last one. (Manager's Special). As Jumi said above, Aldi managers regu... (more)

uly (Mar. 23, 2011 @ 5:57p) |

I purchased the mattress from Aldi last week after sending my Tempur Pedic back. I like the mattress and its a good dea... (more)

mssen615 (Apr. 20, 2011 @ 3:14p) |

Yes I have a memory foam queen size mattress from Aldi, and I love it and loved the price. I was surprised to see it als... (more)

sammie5832 (Apr. 21, 2011 @ 1:09p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

As it is a special buy, it is unlikely anyone has tried it. Aldi will have it for a few weeks and then it will be gone. Generally their special deals are good value. If you are willing to gamble a little wait a few weeks and if they still have some they will likely be marked down and become an even better deal.

Density? This determines price usually. Few memory foam pads come in 8" thicknesses.

its not a pad its a mattress

More information .... make your own decisions :

- "Here are the Aldi special buys for the week of Sunday January 10, 2010 through Saturday January 16, 2010. Bedding Sale: St. Cloud By Sensorpedic Memory Foam Mattress. $219.99 each"

- http://www.homevisions.com/Sensorpedic-8-Foam-Mattress.pro?fpi=6... ($600 retail)

- http://www.shopnbc.com/PRODUCT/?track=-80600&familyid=V76519&tax... (was $451 with shipping)

- http://www.shopnbc.com/PRODUCT/?track=-80600&familyid=V76519&tax... (reviews)

- different brand at WalMart for $165 with lots of positive reviews :
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Slumber-1-8-Memory-Foam-Mattress/10812...

My sister purchased this in Germany, and she loves it.
Came totally compressed in a large bundle. It expands A LOT after opening it.

looks like only 3" of memory foam and the rest is the standard egg carton foam.

I purchased the same from ALDI last year. So far me and my wife like it. I do not have any other expeiance to comapre it but my wife found that it helps for her back pain problems

Can't tell what size it is.

blueiedgod said:   Can't tell what size it is.

"...features a queen size 8" super premium memory foam mattress and super soft luxury damask cover"

heikejohn said:   My sister purchased this in Germany, and she loves it.
Came totally compressed in a large bundle. It expands A LOT after opening it.
Same exact mattress? That would make sense, I understand ALDI is German based.

GACrabill said:   blueiedgod said:   Can't tell what size it is.

"...features a queen size 8" super premium memory foam mattress and super soft luxury damask cover"

Thanks. It was in front of me and I did not see it....

How the Aldi one compares to the Wally one then? Which one is firmer?

yangbin said:   How the Aldi one compares to the Wally one then? Which one is firmer?

I doubt that anyone has ever bought both of them and then tested them.

This may be the best comparison for the quality :

Aldi's :
- sensorPEDIC™ 8" Memory Foam Mattress Features:
- Mattress measures 60" x 80" + 8" and weighs 58 lbs.

WalMart :
- Shipping Weight (in pounds): 39

Based on those numbers, the foam should be considerably more dense (and therefore more firm) on the one at Aldi's.

I stopped at an Aldi this evening and looked at it. The box is approximately 18"W x 18"D x 42"H. The box has a very sturdy handle on top and two wheels on one edge of the bottom so that it can be pulled like a suitcase to your car or up some stairs. There was no weight specification on the box but I don't doubt that it is 58 lbs.

There was a mattress "sample" laying there that was 12"W x 12"D x 8"H. You could press on the sample to check the firmness. I'm guessing that this item at Aldi is definitely worth $55 more than the one at WalMart.

I checked the Wally one on their site. For whatever size (twin to king) I picked, it always shows weight as 39lbs. I guess 39 is for twin, and queen suppose to be heavier than 39.

I've been thinking about buying one from the Aldi down the road. THey have about 8 of them...andd they arent moving..no display...I figure If I wait a couple weeks it will drop 30-50 and might take a gamble.

WIfe is Pregnant and she would probably like the mattress.

hi all! we purchased this mattress from Aldi about two weeks ago. We were skeptical because of the price and the fact that a mattress came in a box! but as soon as you take it out and cut the plastic it fills with life! we let it sit for 24 hours, and it expanded to the eight inches (same size as old mattress) My husband and i love it. completely worth the 200 bucks! Our friends come over and joke about taking snoozes on our new comfy bed! plus, it comes with a 20 year warranty.
i highly suggest this item! My back has never felt so great!

bought it! love it! worth the 200 since comparable others are much more!

Could you please give some details on how the 20 year warranty works? I saw this on the box but it also says details inside.

Sarpol said:   bought it! love it! worth the 200 since comparable others are much more!

Just bought one because my W Store (Westin) mattress was killing my back. It is "fluffing" up now. I hope to use it tonight. I can't wait for a good night's sleep again.

The warranty is 10 years full warranty and the next 10 are pro-rated.

I bought one and it is only 5 inches thick. We opened it up a week ago.Besides the lack of 3 inchers it is OK. I do like the memory foam pillows they sell for $15.

Any more reviews on this mattress? Is it all one solid piece? I had a memory foam mattress from eBay before, it consisted of 4 individual sheets of foam just stacked. They would constantly shift, and I hated this aspect of it. I now use a topper, and it too shifts off of the mattress.

I bought this last week. It fluffed to full size in less than 12 hours, the smell dissipated in 2 days, and it is amazing. It's lower than we are used to (coming from 12" mattress), but VERY nice! We may get a topper just to raise it up, but not really needed. All one piece, and all in a soft, zippered cover.

yangbin said:   Have anybody tried with this memory foam sold at Aldi foods? I am searching for mattress and found one at Ikea for $500.
This aldi one sells for $220.

Aldi product page:
http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/offers/58_13393_ENU_HTML.htm

Thanks.

Bought one yesterday, gave it time to reinflate( they pressure sealthem for easier shipping) . Like it says on the box can resize up-to 8" my was 71/2. Laid oin it today band it felt just like the onee I almost bought aat a home show 4 years ago for $1200.

As far as I'm concerned , it looks aand feels no differant than the $1200 one I almst bought 3 years ago.

I went to Ikea today and saw they were demoing the side cut of their foam mattresses. Looks like all those are made of 2 or 3 sheets, layered up.

blaster668 said:   Any more reviews on this mattress? Is it all one solid piece? I had a memory foam mattress from eBay before, it consisted of 4 individual sheets of foam just stacked. They would constantly shift, and I hated this aspect of it. I now use a topper, and it too shifts off of the mattress.

Thinking of getting 1 since I am not sure how long before the price drops.

Hope you did not buy it. I bought one today priced at $180(+tax of course).

Bought the last one at my local Aldi for $169.99 + tax.

we want to buy one from Aldi... where did you buy yours that it cost $169.99 + tax...??

we want to buy one from Aldi... where did you buy yours that it cost $169.99 + tax...??

MrTazman1 said:   we want to buy one from Aldi... where did you buy yours that it cost $169.99 + tax...??Moot point.
uly said: Bought the last one at my local Aldi for $169.99 + tax.

The reason it was $169.99 was because it was the last one. (Manager's Special). As Jumi said above, Aldi managers regularly mark down older special buys after a few weeks to make room for new stuff.

I purchased the mattress from Aldi last week after sending my Tempur Pedic back. I like the mattress and its a good deal for $200. Compared to the name brand one I would say it runs neck and neck with it for $3500.00 less.

Yes I have a memory foam queen size mattress from Aldi, and I love it and loved the price. I was surprised to see it also came with a 20 year warrenty. It's so comfortable; I sleep better, and within a few weeks the morning back pain I had for months went away. (There was a disclosure in the instructions that said you may experience discomfort for the first 30 day until you spine readjusts properly) The only gripe I have is that it took days to grow to it's full eight inces and it still doesn't look quite as thick as it should be (probably because all the air is sealed out during packaging, but it only took hours to grow enough to sleep on, so I was still able to use it the first day. For the price, you really can't go wrong with this product.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014