Kohls MVC card valuable for me or for Kohls?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have recently spent over 700$ and now my Kohls charge account turned into MVC. I used this just to buy few e-readers and thats my only buy at Kohls.
Now my account says - "CONGRATULATIONS! You've qualified for MVC status. You can now enjoy exclusive MVC Privileges through February ".

Does anyone know what i get as a MVC customer? Do i get anything more because of this and is this really worth anything to me? I am aware that my card would change to gold Kohls card but i am unaware of what are the other pain/ happiness of being a MVC customer.

Thanks in advance..

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Per Kohl's website:
MVC Exclusive Benefits
You can become a Kohl's Most Valued Customer by spending at least $600 on your Kohl's Charge every year (from February through January). We'll thank you with these exclusive MVC benefits:

•Six times a year, you get to pick your personal sale day plus you'll receive other special savings offers periodically throughout the year. Save as much as $170 annually!****
•The MVC Premier Newsletter is full of useful fashion tips and lifestyle information, and provides valuable savings offers exclusively for you.
We're already known for our great sales … but as an MVC Kohl's Charge customer, you'll be invited to 18 additional savings opportunities every year. You can save up to $170 annually just by shopping with your Kohl's Charge!****
edit-spelling

Thanks a lot. I read through their fine print too but i was unable to understand what that 170$ mean actually. Have you/ someone been able to really save something by using it. When they say that we can pick a day what difference does it really make as i could walk in and do shopping anyways.. I am a beginner and trying to learn really what this card is used for and is MVC a junk title or if it has got any meaning to it.

It is a "special title" ,like you mention, that they give you making you feel like a VIP so that you will go back and spend even more money with them.

FWers know that Fatwallet helps the bargain hunters find the top bargains all year round.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kohl's Credit card -> extra 15%-30% off regular, sale, and clearance prices for savings of about $120 annually.
Kohl's MVC --> extra: Card owners are able to choose up to six special days in the year when they are given their own personal sale day. MVC can save $170 annually.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[As posted on the internet]
http://www.viewpoints.com/Kohls-Credit-Card-reviews

Kohl's MVC card is the best for catching good deals! close

Poochi
Westerville, OH
The Kohl's MVC card is great. I can save an additional 15% 3 times a year and getting the extra 15, 20 or 30% savings is great too. I have always had the best service and returning things are never a hassle. I use the Kohl's card every time I shop at Kohl's and when they have a special percent off or if you spend $50 you get $10 in Kohl's cash, the card is definitely worth it. I have had my card for about 15 years and have never regretted opening the account.

The great thing about the MVC card is that they let you stack your coupons/discounts. You can use the savings when you have a pile of Kohl's Cash, for example, and walk out with free loot and a smile. One time my mom didn't have her card on her and went to customer service and they gave her a piece of paper for the coupon and honored that at the checkout. YMMV.

lgwacbb said:   The great thing about the MVC card is that they let you stack your coupons/discounts. You can use the savings when you have a pile of Kohl's Cash, for example, and walk out with free loot and a smile. One time my mom didn't have her card on her and went to customer service and they gave her a piece of paper for the coupon and honored that at the checkout. YMMV.

Not ymmv you can always get the coupon if there is a general coupon out.

As for the load of discounts etc. believe me Kohls takes that into account when they price their merchandise. Your not getting as good a deal as you might think. That $100 item that is 50% off with your 15% coupon for a final price of $42 would generally be $40 to begin with at other stores (I know the discounts vary, but the general idea that other stores will generally have a similar price holds true even for bigger discounts).

The only advantage to MVC is it does give you additional coupons usually a 15% pick a day coupon that can be used in store. If you do shopping online you can get those same codes places like here and they work even if your not a MVC.

We have been MVC card holders several times over the past 10 years or so. It doesn't cost a customer anything and we have gotten extra discounts on top of sale and even clearance prices. Ex. We bought a Bissel vacuum sale priced $169, used a 30% MVC coupon ( got 30% 4 times in 3 years), got it for $124 with tax. I price checked that vacuum for two years afterwards and never saw it for less than we got it for from Kohl's.

We also got a kitchen aid mixer sale priced, 20 % off and $40 Kohls cash. Some Kohl's were doing $15 Kohls cash for each $50 of purchased items during the Holidays as a promo. So, Kohl's the MVC, extra discounts and sale notices,along with Kohl's cash has served us well. We only use the Kohl's card when we need clothing, small appliances, shoes, outer wear, etc. About every other year we make alist of clothing items, and other things we might need so when the 30% coupons show up, slong with advanced MVC notice, we are ready to go!

Here's my example of a recent MVC. Roomba 400 on sale for $299. It came with a rebate for a free Dirt Dog. I used my 30% off MVC coupon and received Kohl's Cash. Net price: $210 - $40 Kohl's Cash= $170. Dirt Dog retails for $129 on sale, which I received for free.

Wow. You get Extra Coupons with MVC. That's the way keep customers returning.
OP. As long as the Kohls card doesn't hurt you Credit Report, you should keep it. Kohls might have other electronics and gadgets on sale. You get Free Shipping with you Kohls card.

Do you have to spend that much to qualify for MVC status?

mistyflannigan said:   Here's my example of a recent MVC. Roomba 400 on sale for $299. It came with a rebate for a free Dirt Dog. I used my 30% off MVC coupon and received Kohl's Cash. Net price: $210 - $40 Kohl's Cash= $170. Dirt Dog retails for $129 on sale, which I received for free.

30% coupons are not MVC coupons. Every CC user gets a coupon and it can be 15, 20 or 30% and it doesn't matter if your are a MVC or not. The MVC coupons are generally 15% off pick-a-day coupons.

MVC requires $600+ of spending on the Kohls charge. I believe it is a rolling year aka if you spent the $600 at any point within the last 12 months you get it. Not sure if you spend extra if that amount rolls over into the next year. I think it does though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014