Is SafeLink legitimate?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have been trying to take advantage of the free cell phone offer for my grandma who has been a recipient of Social Security benefits for last 20 years or so, but when I submit the form on-line it says that they were not able to find her in public records!! This is not palatable to me for obvious reasons.

How credible is this company?

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/state_benefits...

Jaydeep

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Safelink is very credible but when they search the public records for instant qualification they are searching for public assistance program status (food stamps, cash or housing assistance or medicaid [not medicare]).

She will have to qualify by income which is done by sending them the information after you fill out the application. How to apply

I have the very same problem. My father received a letter from SafeLink explaining that he is qualified to enroll. The letter had the correct address and all of the facts were correct. They only needed him to choose a phone plan and supply his birthday and lats 4 digits of of SS#. Guess what? Their system claims that his application data "does not match the public records".

SafeLink may be legit. But their claim that "applicant info does not match public records" is wrong -- and yet it is final & irrefutable! They keep telling us to try again in 60 days. That doesn't do any good. They have no "public record" to see that my father in a member of the Mass Health Care program. It qualifies him for SafeLink, and yet this fact is not a matter of "public" record. It is private.

For him, the program is useless. The guys who pick up the phone in the Phillapines are of no help. They just keep telling him to correct the SS records #they are correct# and try again in 60 days. #It doesn't help--There will be no change to any "records"#.

If anyone has a solution, please write to us at shiyuanjin [at] starbus [dot] com.

Duplicate message deleted
(accidentally posted during account creation)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014