Cashbaq has shut down

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I just went to comparison shop CashBack sites for a purchase I plan to make and noticed that Cashbaq is gone! I've always preferred fw, of course, but for large differentials, I'll sometimes use other sites.

"Like so many other companies, Cashbaq was hit by the worst recession of our lifetime.
We regret that Cashbaq is unable to continue operations and has shut down.

You can earn Cash Back at other sites including iGive, uPromise, Mr. Rebates, FatWallet, and Ebates."

I don't think I had any money waiting to be cashed out, but I'm not 100% certain. Curious how they handled this. Any experience, anyone?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

edrucker said:   I just went to comparison shop CashBack sites for a purchase I plan to make and noticed that Cashbaq is gone! I've always preferred fw, of course, but for large differentials, I'll sometimes use other sites.

"Like so many other companies, Cashbaq was hit by the worst recession of our lifetime.

You can earn Cash Back at other sites including iGive, uPromise, Mr. Rebates, FatWallet, and Ebates."

I don't think I had any money waiting to be cashed out, but I'm not 100% certain. Curious how they handled this. Any experience, anyone?

If they claimed bankruptcy, you'll never see a dime if you had CashBack pending.

SlamminMOFO said:   edrucker said:   I just went to comparison shop CashBack sites for a purchase I plan to make and noticed that Cashbaq is gone! I've always preferred fw, of course, but for large differentials, I'll sometimes use other sites.

If they claimed bankruptcy, you'll never see a dime if you had CashBack pending.

Not necessarily true. You could potentially have a claim as an unsecured creditor (though that could be worthless or nearly so).

I don't think I personally had anything in my account (and if I did it was no more than a dollar or two), but now there's no way to check. I'm mostly curious whether they are/will send out final payments or if the owners just made off with whatever was left.

I'm wondering that too, I think they were better on AbeBooks (by only 1%) than the others and I went to see where I actually bought my last book. I'm hoping I got my $13 already ($5 signup plus the $4@ Entertainment Book) but I fear not.

=aw

Man I just came across this too. I think I had 12 or so in Entertainment Books waiting...

edrucker said:   SlamminMOFO said:   edrucker said:   I just went to comparison shop CashBack sites for a purchase I plan to make and noticed that Cashbaq is gone! I've always preferred fw, of course, but for large differentials, I'll sometimes use other sites.

Not necessarily true. You could potentially have a claim as an unsecured creditor (though that could be worthless or nearly so).

I don't think I personally had anything in my account (and if I did it was no more than a dollar or two), but now there's no way to check. I'm mostly curious whether they are/will send out final payments or if the owners just madoff with whatever was left.

Lucky me, I lost $50 from these crooks. The only consolation to all of us affected, is I view CashBack as a bonus not the main reason for making a purchase, so that mitigates my fury towards Cashbaq a bit, but then again I would love to see the CEO of cashbaq penniless.

Looks like he may be working at CJ now or is it a coincidence?
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=2426749&authType=OUT_OF_...

jasonlkska said:   Man I just came across this too. I think I had 12 or so in Entertainment Books waiting...
Ditto!!! $#!@

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014