• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

AT&Terrible
Disclaimer
In what could be viewed as yet another bid by AT&T to keep customers from defecting to the Verizon iPhone, the carrier today announced that it will launch tomorrow a new "Mobile to Any Mobile" feature allowing unlimited calling from AT&T phones to other mobile phones in the U.S., regardless of carrier.

The feature, which rolls out tomorrow, requires customers to be on a qualifying voice plan and to have an unlimited messaging plan, which costs $20 per month.
AT&Terrible said: Beginning Thursday, Mobile to Any Mobile will be available to new and existing AT&T customers with a qualifying voice plan who subscribe to unlimited messaging plans. Existing customers with an unlimited messaging plan can activate Mobile to Any Mobile by visiting www.att.com/anymobile. The URL will be available beginning Thursday.

AT&T has been taking a series of steps to combat the threat posed by the Verizon iPhone, tweaking its tethering plans to offer more data capacity and touting its network's ability to handle simultaneous voice and data.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Did you try to call and socially engineer your way into the plan or just go to online account management and not see the... (more)

stevelion (Feb. 11, 2011 @ 3:23p) |

umm, this is not bad.

Here's what I had, FamilyTalk 1400 which gives me A-list. We don't even come close to the 1400 mins... (more)

MoneyMINTR (Mar. 04, 2011 @ 1:29p) |

We get a $9.99 discount on our 700 FamilyTalk (which is usually $69.99), which puts us below the $69.99 cut-off that's r... (more)

harmonicaman (Mar. 08, 2011 @ 2:15a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sounds awesome to me. I have (4) iPhone's on my plan with 1,450 minutes and unlimited text. I have about 4,500 rollover minutes so this should keep me stocked up permanently I have the signup link bookmarked for tomorrow, thanks OP!

Now if we could just get them to do family data plan like they do with messaging.

It's interesting that this requires an unlimited messaging plan. I'm not a big messaging person which means that this would be an increase of $45 monthly since I would need to increase to the $30 unlimited family messaging plan from the minimal plan I am on now.

Thanx OP...We have 5 phones on a family plan and need as much help as we can get to keep the price down. We do have the unlimited messaging for all the phones so hopefully this new add on will be of value...

ginkilla said:   Sounds awesome to me. I have (4) iPhone's on my plan with 1,450 minutes and unlimited text. I have about 4,500 rollover minutes so this should keep me stocked up permanently I have the signup link bookmarked for tomorrow, thanks OP!

we've "only" got two iphones on our plan, one w/ ultd data and one w/ the 200mb plan and family unltd txtting and our bill is still around $165 on the 1400 min package. Do you mind me asking what you pay ginkilla? it's GOT to be a FORTUNE!

Ultimately, ATT and going to continue to roll out "features" that cost them nearly nothing to appease a board and some stock holders. However, I do think that the competition will heat up the rest of this month as the new Verizon iPhone continues to fly off the shelves (esp. if the mass media begins to speculate on how many millions are sold).

Did anyone else notice that Verizon has not said word ONE about how many million units they've moved? I'm GUESSING, but maybe they made some agreement not to say something like "We've sold 60 billion phones" just so appl and att could still have a little more cuddle time left before the data plan blood bath happens. It's GOING to happen, JUST like it did w/ dialup finally going to unltd. Remember AOL discs with 25 free hours?

As a long time VZW customer I was able to pre-order an iphone (if I wanted one). No 1 year contract available (there is on every other VZW phone), no company discount on the phone or the monthly bill, same 2 yr price as ATT, the monthly bill for a single iphone would be more than the same phone on ATT (but has a 5gb data cap VS 2gb on ATT). I passed. I will wait for more favorable terms or until I have to have one (using old iphone on TMO right now).

Hopefully they are not flying off the shelves and both carriers can discount fight it out...

you're right Dwynne, the waiting will net you quite some savings. I'm guessing in 2 years when the only favorable bone they'll have to throw is "new iPhone released" or "12G internet speeds" they'll get a bit more competitive with the features and offerings.

how did you get the old phone working on TMO? Is their data plan pretty awesome? I heard that they started throttling down the users who go over their max?

Tanner said: The feature, which rolls out tomorrow, requires customers to be on a qualifying voice plan and to have an unlimited messaging plan, which costs $20 per month.

I'm curious to see what a "qualifying voice plan" includes. I'm currently on the family 550, but wouldn't be surprised if it's not a qualifying plan. It's probably going to be similar to their A-List feature (which requires a family plan of 1400 minutes or more). No point in paying more to get "free" mobile-to-mobile when I'm already well short of using 550 each month. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Mine is the old iphone and I am on a TMO "my faves" voice plan with $5.95 per month "Tzones" unlimited data (EDGE). Yes, it is slow, but it works everywhere there is no Wifi and is dirt cheap.

Difficult to rep considering we have no details on terms. The one thing I am sure of is that it won't be free.

this is the same thing sprint has been offering for quite some time!

You may have a usable version already with your plan and not know it

Add your favorite peeps to your A-List – then talk to them as much as you want!
Here's the scoop:

Current Individual plans 900+ minutes ($59.99 and over) per month, and
Current FamilyTalk plans 1400+ minutes ($89.99 and over) per month
qualify for A-List 

No extra charge with your qualifying plan 

Add up to 5 numbers on your individual plan 

Add up to 10 numbers on your FamilyTalk plan 

Add any domestic number, on any network – including landline numbers 

Calls to and from your A-List numbers are not charged against your rate
 plan, Mobile to Mobile, or Rollover® minutes. 

Update your list online as often as you want, right from your
 myWireless Account 

thanks for sharing the info...

I just tried. It won't let me sign up without changing unlimited family messaging for individual unlimited. spoke to them they said they dont know all the rules yet try back on the next shift when they are not in

For those of you not anchored to AT&T, Sprint has had unlimited mobile-to-mobile for quite a while on any of their data plans, which come with unlimited messaging.

I still have the medianet plan, unlimited data and msg'ing for $30.... No go for me.

I called them and they signed me up for unlimited mobile to any mobile...it took a long time for them to process coz the CSR had no clue that this plan existed as of today...

For reference...BGR

its easy to sign up online. I logged into my account and I canceled my family unlimited messaging for 30 and added the unlimited messaging with free mobile to any mobile for 30. It was really easy

done.

thanks

550 family plan. No go for me either.

mladyd said:   550 family plan. No go for me either.

Did you try to call and socially engineer your way into the plan or just go to online account management and not see the option? I was thnking of calling and asking them to add M2AM to my account - I'm guessing from the BGR article that that may be the code.

umm, this is not bad.

Here's what I had, FamilyTalk 1400 which gives me A-list. We don't even come close to the 1400 mins/month. Plus we're paying $5/each line for 200 texts. Sometimes we would go over the allotted texts, resulting in a headache.

so, in come this new feature, unlimited mobile to mobile with UNLIMITED texts.

NEW PLAN, drop to 700 Familytalk and remove both $5 messaging plans. A list is now gone. BUT, unlimited mobile to mobile is the best feature because everyone that we call is a wireless line. So in essence we get a similar plan with unlimited texts.

We get a $9.99 discount on our 700 FamilyTalk (which is usually $69.99), which puts us below the $69.99 cut-off that's required for this unlimited mobile to mobile feature.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014