Costco not shipping vday flowers...

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
WTF.....

Thank you for your recent order for the Valentine’s Day Roses (item# 563106) from Costco.com.

We have been alerted by FedEx that your floral order has been held by U.S. Customs for inspection. Due to this unforeseen delay, we are unable to guarantee delivery of your order on Monday, February 14th. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Costco will be issuing a full refund on your order within the next 24-48 hours. You will receive a subsequent automated email confirming your refund. Please note, your recipient may still receive their order on Tuesday, February 15th. Should this delivery occur please enjoy the flowers as a token of our appreciation.

We value you as a customer and appreciate your business. If you should have additional questions and/or concerns, please contact customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292.

Sincerely,

Costco.com Customer Service

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is "wtf" here. I don't know if they guaranteed delivery for Valentines day (if they did, then maybe a little bit wtf), but while unfortunate, nothing seems that terribly wrong.

From the text you posted, the delay was clearly out of their control and unexpected. They refunded your money in full, and you still might get the flowers for free anyways. What more should they do? I doubt they can magically create flowers out of thin air and teleport them to you?

You should still be able to just buy flowers normally, (although probably a bit more expensive).

I mean I guess the only argument would be that they aren't doing enough and should be paying you extra money on top of the refund because flowers will cost you more now...but that's pretty far fetched...and probably only something Amazon would do...haha...

Promised for the 14th, shipped by costco.com / vistaflor for the 15th. FedEx stated never a delay - no problem with customs - it was shipped for the 15th, it will be delivered on the 15th...

Mine says delivery expected on the 15th morning

rawrpuff, do you work for Costco?

I don't see how anyone could think this is "no biggie". They promised to deliver something and they're not. They screwed up, cut and dried. Unless there's an act of god -- the reasons for them not living up to their end of the deal are irrelevant. If they knew there was even a remote possibility of the flowers being held-up, then they should have considered that and started the shipment process earlier.

The whole *point* of ordering Valentine's Day roses to have them arrive on Valentine's Day. Costco failed here, plain and simple.

abonet said:   rawrpuff, do you work for Costco?

I don't see how anyone could think this is "no biggie". They promised to deliver something and they're not. They screwed up, cut and dried. Unless there's an act of god -- the reasons for them not living up to their end of the deal are irrelevant. If they knew there was even a remote possibility of the flowers being held-up, then they should have considered that and started the shipment process earlier.

The whole *point* of ordering Valentine's Day roses to have them arrive on Valentine's Day. Costco failed here, plain and simple.

A very unfortunate situation, but handled very well, a very reasonable response tot he situation. They notified those who would be affected when it was know and which even provided a brief time for those who ordered to make alternative arrangements. It is delivering the ordered product and not charging for it. Should they have scheduled Valentine's Day flowers delivery for Friday the 11th? Perhaps customers should also have allowed for some remote possibilities and scheduled advance delivery How much would you reasonably pay for an "absolute guarantee" of specific day delivery e.g. to insure against delay in customs, insure against delay in air/ground transport due to snowstorm, insure against the "package" was damaged in shipping or dropped and stepped-on between the truck and the household. And what do you think would have been reasonable compensation for the delayed delivery?

I got the same thing and I think what is most frustrating is that Costco sent me the following email on the 11th making me think things were OK:

Costco said:
Thank you for your recent order for the Valentine’s Day Roses (item# 563106) from Costco.com.

We have been alerted to the possibility that the FedEx website is showing conflicting information regarding the estimated delivery date for your order. We wanted to reassure you that this item is scheduled to be delivered on Monday, February 14th, 2011.

When tracking your order on the FedEx website, you will find the correct estimated delivery date located in the lower right-hand side of the screen.

We value you as a customer and appreciate your business. If you should have additional questions and/or concerns, please contact customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292.

Sincerely,

Had I known on the 11th I would have gone out and done something else. It's my first Vday with my wife, kind of sucks to say "sorry I got too good of a deal on flowers at Costco so I have nothing to give you now."

Did they handle it right? In the end they refunded my money which is good - they're worth little to nothing to me tomorrow and now I have to go find a last minute replacement. I know Costco didn't screw it up themselves which is why I'll be stopping there first to look for a replacement...

But really, how does US Customs seize a shipment originating from CO?

handichapped said:   

That's funny, because I was thinking the same thing about a shipment from" "CO". The FedEx tracking site said the shipment originated in "Bogota CO". At first glance, I was thinking Colorado -- and I'm in AZ, so I thought "quick and easy shipment". But then I realized that's actually Bogota, Colombia -- where apparently the U.S. gets about 65% of its roses from.

That explains part of the complication, but I'm still annoyed at Costco.

handichapped said:   I got the same thing and I think what is most frustrating is that Costco sent me the following email on the 11th making me think things were OK:

Costco said:

We have been alerted to the possibility that the FedEx website is showing conflicting information regarding the estimated delivery date for your order. We wanted to reassure you that this item is scheduled to be delivered on Monday, February 14th, 2011.

When tracking your order on the FedEx website, you will find the correct estimated delivery date located in the lower right-hand side of the screen.

Sincerely,

Had I known on the 11th I would have gone out and done something else. It's my first Vday with my wife, kind of sucks to say "sorry I got too good of a deal on flowers at Costco so I have nothing to give you now."

Did they handle it right? In the end they refunded my money which is good - they're worth little to nothing to me tomorrow and now I have to go find a last minute replacement. I know Costco didn't screw it up themselves which is why I'll be stopping there first to look for a replacement...

Have a great first anniversary and many more! There are "bumps" in life, and even as it's the "first" anniversary, this one is small, you didn't forget to celebrate. Looking back, you may both have a story to tell. Sure you'll find something for her today and the "extra" flowers tomorrow may very well be worth something to her too.

So sorry to hear about the Customs hangup.

That bit on the FedEx Tracking page from my order did show the 15th with a question mark beside it but it also showed the 14th on the same page.
Wife's V Day flowers showed at 9 AM this morning and she was extremely pleased. She's a certified rosarian and our back yard is an English country garden featuring roses and she did the entire thing...she knows roses. She said these from Costco are the best she's ever received.

*** Ditto to Horizon6's reply closing. They do understand when these things happen.
ProFlowers screwed it up two years ago and I hit the roof as they did not notify beforehand...they did send her a bigger, better bouquet the following day and she saw me getting it done. That incident is why Costco got our business in 2010 and 2011.

Can you sue Costco if you don't get any tonight?

I meant flowers of course. What were you thinking?

horizon6 said: Have a great first anniversary and many more! There are "bumps" in life, and even as it's the "first" anniversary, this one is small, you didn't forget to celebrate. Looking back, you may both have a story to tell. Sure you'll find something for her today and the "extra" flowers tomorrow may very well be worth something to her too.

You're probably right - thanks. I actually swung by Costco at lunch and picked up 2 dozen roses for $34, less than half of what the roses I may/may not receive tomorrow were going to cost me. And as a bonus I might get flowers tomorrow so it all worked out

handichapped said:   horizon6 said: Have a great first anniversary and many more! There are "bumps" in life, and even as it's the "first" anniversary, this one is small, you didn't forget to celebrate. Looking back, you may both have a story to tell. Sure you'll find something for her today and the "extra" flowers tomorrow may very well be worth something to her too.

You're probably right - thanks. I actually swung by Costco at lunch and picked up 2 dozen roses for $34, less than half of what the roses I may/may not receive tomorrow were going to cost me. And as a bonus I might get flowers tomorrow so it all worked out

Best wishes and happy Valentine's Day to both of you!

eliteitc said:   WTF.....

We have been alerted by FedEx that your floral order has been held by U.S. Customs for inspection. Due to this unforeseen delay, we are unable to guarantee delivery of your order on Monday, February 14th. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Costco will be issuing a full refund on your order within the next 24-48 hours. You will receive a subsequent automated email confirming your refund. Please note, your recipient may still receive their order on Tuesday, February 15th. Should this delivery occur please enjoy the flowers as a token of our appreciation.

Sincerely,

Valentine's Day can be about having the right person to spend it with. Those of us lucky to have gotten in on that certainly have gotten "Hot Deals" and then some version of this thread could be in that other FW Forum.

Perhaps there's something else you could be a "Cranky Member" about

I posted in the original deal thread, but since it's moved, this might be the better spot: Fortunately, my flowers all arrived ontime (three on the 11th and one today, as ordered), but none of them arrived with anything written on the card. I typed messages to everyone, but they just got blank cards. Anyone else having that issue?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.