• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Thanks.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what did Costco had to say when you asked them?

You need a AMEX Costco card.
AMEX costco card: Earn 3% back on gasoline

http://www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Costco-...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the plain Costco Executive membership - only purchases done at the front registers count. no gas, no alcohol in some states, no cash card, no
cigarettes, no food court.

http://www.costco.com/Images/Content/Misc/PDF/08EX0629_ServBro.p...

No.

CrazierRus said:   what did Costco had to say when you asked them?

In my experience the absolute worst person to ask about Costco policies is a Costco employee.

You don't get any CashBack on GAS.

From Costco:
Reward is approximately 2% of pre-tax purchases of most merchandise made through: front-end registers and most ancillary business registers at Costco warehouses; and Costco websites in both the U.S. and Canada by U.S. and Canadian residents. In the U.S., Rewards are not calculated: (i) on purchases of cigarettes or tobacco-related products, gasoline, Costco Cash Cards, postage stamps, alcoholic beverages in certain states (including Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Michigan), and at food courts; (ii) on membership fees; (iii) on purchases not recorded through Costco’s front-end registers and transactions done on or through websites not hosted by Costco even if accessed through Costco.com, including all business, consumer, and insurance services, the online photo center, Costco Travel and the My Publisher website; (iv) on miscellaneous fees, deposits and taxes, including sales tax; (v) where prohibited by law or regulation; (vi) on purchases made by anyone other than the account’s primary or primary Household Cardholder; and (w) on certain other categories as determined at Costco’s discretion, which may change without notice.

Edited to add newer link to the brochure that atlanticfisherman provided:
http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Misc/PDF/10EX1222_A_Cos...

costco amex
Disclaimer
You should get a Costco AMEX with its 3% on gas.
They even have the picture on the front page of http://www.costco.com

AMEX Costco:

personal use card:
3% Cash Back for gasoline on annual gasoline purchase up to $3000; 1% thereafter

business use card
4% Cash Back for gasoline on annual gasoline purchase up to $6000; 1% thereafter

•3% - 2% - 1% Cash Back: Receive Cash Back - 3% for restaurants, 2% for travel, 1% everywhere else, including Costco.
•No limit on Cash Back rebate: No limit on Cash Back received
•No annual fee with Costco Membership: No Annual Fee with your paid Costco Membership.
•2 Memberships in 1: The TrueEarnings® Card serves as both your American Express Credit Card and your Costco Membership Card.
•No limit on the Cash Back earned.

thanks everyone. yeah I have the business card and was hoping for 4% + 2%

It used to be 6% for the business card. 2+ years ago.

Nevermind. Someone already posted this, and I missed it.

wangawanga said:   thanks everyone. yeah I have the business card and was hoping for 4% + 2%

You get the 4% on the card, but not the 2% rebate on the Executive program.

Official poop:

Calculation of 2% Reward – Reward is approximately 2% of pre-tax purchases of most merchandise made through: front-end registers and
most ancillary business registers at Costco warehouses; and Costco websites in both the U.S. and Canada by U.S. and Canadian residents. In
the U.S., Rewards are not calculated: (i) on purchases of cigarettes or tobacco-related products, gasoline, Costco Cash Cards, postage stamps,
alcoholic beverages in certain states (including Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Michigan), and at food courts; (ii) on membership
fees; (iii) on purchases not recorded through Costco’s front-end registers and transactions done on or through websites not hosted by Costco
even if accessed through Costco.com, including all business, consumer, and insurance services, the online photo center, Costco Travel and
the My Publisher website; (iv) on miscellaneous fees, deposits and taxes, including sales tax; (v) where prohibited by law or regulation; (vi)
on purchases made by anyone other than the account’s primary or primary Household Cardholder; and (w) on certain other categories as
determined at Costco’s discretion, which may change without notice.

Chris.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014