$6 off $12 to AMC Stubs rewards program 1st year

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Apparently, AMC is replacing movie watcher with this new program called stubs. You have to pay a yearly due which for me is not worth it. Says you can get $6 off 1st year when you visit www.amcstubs.com

Member Summary

AMC (21.90kB)
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
but that's not the way the stubs card works. You get a $10 award for every $100 you spend. So there's no way to go fro... (more)

libralibra (May. 06, 2012 @ 8:16p) |

What I mean is that lots of people were using that stubs number to get tickets on Fandango, so the balance kept going up... (more)

dhhamc (May. 07, 2012 @ 2:46a) |

It's worth the $12! I've received well over $12 in free tickets and concession upgrades. No fee when ordering your ticke... (more)

violinomatic (Jun. 29, 2012 @ 8:29a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

Where does it say that your get $6 off 1st year?

Gotta love loyalty programs with a pricetag. Nice job "enhancing" that for me, AMC.

does not list a membership price anywhere

$12 per year from their homepage.

Time for me to go to Century.

Thats not the even the best part, After you spend $100 you get a $10 amc gift certificate. That doesnt even cover most movie theatre amc prices anymore lol So this crap is even more of a joke. My closest AMC, evening shows are $12

This could be of benefit to people that use Fandango to purchase tickets as they waive the ticketing fees for members.

Yea, I'm very unhappy with AMC for this...I don't watch a ton of movies but I really liked Movie Watcher rewards....

ryansteele said:   Yea, I'm very unhappy with AMC for this...I don't watch a ton of movies but I really liked Movie Watcher rewards....Agreed. UA Theatres supposedly has a decent and free rewards program.

I still don't see where does it says that your get $6 off 1st year?

I was upset as well when I got this flier. The rewards when the program first came out were great (and of course movie tickets were a ton cheaper). I want to say I got my first AMC card almost 15 years ago and almost 500 points later they are making it way worse.

Heck the free upgrade to larger popcorn and soda is great. Now just make joining free!

$10 for spending $100 expires in 90 days. Well that sucks.

a. Spend $100 on purchases made at a participating AMC Theatres location and earn a $10 virtual Reward. The $10 virtual reward will appear in the Memberís account. All earned Rewards are valid for 90 days from date of issuance. A Member may redeem his/her earned and unexpired Rewards only at participating AMC Theatres locations in the US by (1) presenting his/her card in connection with a purchase and (2) notifying the AMC employee at the time and point of sale that they want to redeem the Reward. Rewards are not redeemable online.

How is this hot ?? This is a deal discussion at best.

They sent me a free card/year in the mail last week. It says my first year is free

still debating to to it for the first year... before I would purchase tickets via movietickets.com since it was free. Also, our local theater would allow us to use any coupon regardless of when it expired - I still have a couple of free night at the movies which we haven't used.

Now, dunno - we don't get anything from the concessions and most times we go on Sat. mornings ($6). So this will surely suck for us...

Fandango did not work for AMC theaters in St. Louis when I tried.

Fandango did not work for AMC theaters in St. Louis when I tried.

KELSTER said:   They sent me a free card/year in the mail last week. It says my first year is free

Some existing Movie Watcher members got an offer for first year for $6. Others were offered first year free. It was all about recent spending habits with them. There's another thread about all this somewhere here ..

I actually bit on the AMC Stubs program because I probably spend $200+ yearly on movies.

As posted by the OP, normally the annual fee is $12 for AMC Stubs, but because I was an AMC Movie Watchers member, they only charged $6.

Someone found my AMC Stubs card number and apparently posted my AMC Stubs number on another public forum, and they have closed down my card number due to this--- AMC Stubs members get online ticketing fees waived.

AMC refused to credit me for the movies that I had paid for on my own and received credit for and refuses to issue a new Stubs account.

They closed down the account and refuse to credit me $6 for my first annual fee purchase.

AMC has now lost my business forever because of their refusal to realize that someone else improperly used my AMC Stubs number.

Avoid AMC Theatres at all costs.

AMC Stubs Deal Discussion: - due to the membership fee of $12, it makes less sense for those of us who avoid the consession stands. As such, I figure that if one is simply buying the movie tickets (regardless of their price, timings, or point of purchase), the dollar-for-dollar savings are as such:

In one year (calendar date annual anniversary for membership fees):
Spend less than the 100 limit = no savings, obviously.
Spend $200 = 4% savings
Spend $300 = 6% savings
Spend $400 = 7% savings
Spend $500 = 7.6% savings
Spend $600 = 8% savings

I figured $50 a month on movies in the theatres is a good stopping point, in the current economic climate.

So 3 weeks ago we decided to get tickets for HP 7b. Would have been $4 in fees, so decided on joining stubs.

To my surprise, got charged $6 as an ex moviewatcher. Another couple of tickets online and already recouped the membership.

And for the day we didn't buy tickets online, (cars 2 deal), the stubs only line saved a goood 10'

At $12 I would hesitate to do it, but at $6 it is a good deal.

PS, Fandango not working for my amc theater. Only movietickets.

Hi,

For those of you that received a free first year of membership, can you please send me a PM. I'm looking a copy of the email that was sent out to members that were given this offer.

Thanks!

I was given a free 1-year membership ... but still have not received my membership cards (was told in MARCH I'd get them in a few weeks). I've emailed their customer service department over and over again and they call keep telling me they are coming or that they've ordered a new set of cards. It's now going on 4 full months I've not been able to use this "free membership" because I don't have my card.

Also never received my MovieWatcher round-up coupon they promised existing members .... fought for that and they finally sent it to me last week ... with an expiration date of JUNE 30 on it.

Great conversion process. Oh well, I just stopped using AMC Theatres. ::shrugs::

ShadowedBlade said:   I was given a free 1-year membership ... but still have not received my membership cards (was told in MARCH I'd get them in a few weeks). I've emailed their customer service department over and over again and they call keep telling me they are coming or that they've ordered a new set of cards. It's now going on 4 full months I've not been able to use this "free membership" because I don't have my card.

Also never received my MovieWatcher round-up coupon they promised existing members .... fought for that and they finally sent it to me last week ... with an expiration date of JUNE 30 on it.

Great conversion process. Oh well, I just stopped using AMC Theatres. ::shrugs::

Yes - their customer service is horrible. Based on my experience so far, I would never want to pay the full $12/year membership.

I was a MovieWatcher member and received a notice about one free year but I accidentally threw out the paperwork. I've given them my MovieWatcher ID number, so you would think they could just look me up in their system and send me the membership card, but they are saying my offer has been redeeemed and I need to bring proof of the offer to the theater to sign up for free. Makes no sense since!

I was wondering how others were being treated at the AMC Theaters if you elected not to pay them for the Stubs program?

While I was a happy MovieWatcher cardholder since the early 90s, I refuse to pay AMC to collect my demographic information. It is funny how I was never asked for the MovieWatcher card, but I feel badgered to pay to get the Stubs card. Saturday, my wife and I went to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes and th Stubs badgering reached new levels at the concessions stand when I was asked if I had a card. I politely said "No, I'm not interested". The clerk said "You should be, I can sign you up." I flatly said "No, and I'm tired of hearing about it." To which she responded "Well if you get one, we'll stop bugging you to get one."

It has now become a hassle to go to AMC theaters that I just don't want to deal with. Though this theater is walking distance from my home, I will now get in a car and drive to a Regal theater where I don't have put up with this type of treatment.

When you go to the snack bar, simply state "no to all your questions, no to all your questions." AMC is not alone in annoying customers to sign up for these types of programs, you would also get badgered at Borders and other stores. At Costco they badger you to sign up for an Executive Membership, though at least they only badger people that spend more than $2500 per year at Costco and that would benefit financially from the 2% rebate.

Just bought 20 AMC unrestricted tickets on sale at Costco at 2/$11.99. Well of course AMC charges an extra fee on top of those tickets for 3D or iMAX, and they try to make more and more movies 3D and iMAX so they can collect that extra money.

I see more and more people bringing their own food and drinks into the theater to avoid the high concession stand prices. Also soda consumption is less popular than before, so people bring a bottle of water in. We have a very nice 5 year old AMC theater in my city, but for some reason they have never been able to make good popcorn. It was kind of ridiculous to see someone with a hot air popper making their own popcorn in the restroom.

Purchase Membership: $12.00

No discount even when I added my Movie Watcher number.

About 6 months ago, I was also offered a free stubs membership for a year based on my movie watchers membership. I had to talk to customer service at AMC at least 5 different times because I never received my new stubs reward card....The last time I went they told me they could create a card for me there at the theater and that I would get an email later welcoming me to the program....After another two months I finally received an email welcoming me to the new program. I just went online to register my card I've been using and it and errors saying "Enroll Date not found on account, please contact Customer Service." Awesome!

FTTMN said:   About 6 months ago, I was also offered a free stubs membership for a year based on my movie watchers membership. I had to talk to customer service at AMC at least 5 different times because I never received my new stubs reward card....

The quoted part of what you said is what happened to me. I lost about 4 months of my free year because I never got my card.

I tried it and paid only $6 with my movie watcher number. You don't see the charge amount until after you enter all your information and get ready to pay. You enter everything, receive an email to validate your email address, click the link in the email, then pay the $6. Then you get a temporary card to print out and a note that they will mail you your stubs card in 2-4 weeks.

HOLSTUBS6 for $6 offer

But the 12.00 goes toward the 100 so u are that much closer.And it really is a good deal.

if for some reason you do not get your card in the mail (like myself) you can call customer service and get your number. After that all you have to do is provide that number to the ticket or concession stands to receive your discount.

For those with "smart phones" (like Android or iOS or Blackberry), this number can be stored in an app like Key Ring (which is where I store most of my retail loyalty cards).

Key Ring http://keyringapp.com/
CarStar http://mycardstar.com/
Walgo http://walgo.com/

thats true that the rewards earned expire but if you use the rewars to purchase giftcards you can forget about an expiration date. thats what i do! as soon as i get the ten bucks i go to customer service to buy a giftcard! a good way to cheat the sytem! and i really love the upgrades cuz i ask people in line to use my card if they dont have their own for a free upgrade and i benefit from their purchase by earning more rewrds!!! hahaha greatest thing ever! havent really paid for a movie in a while!! damn im good!

Skipping 9 Messages...
It's worth the $12! I've received well over $12 in free tickets and concession upgrades. No fee when ordering your tickets online from Fandango,and free upgrades on popcorn and fountain drinks. You also get $10 AMC Stubs Reward for every $100 you spend at AMC Theaters. Some people feel like this is a rip off, but to each his own. Concession prices are too expensive as it is!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014