• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Folks,

I got an email this morning stating Staples was changing the Premier Gold Rewards program such that instead of getting 10% or 15% in Rewards, you get an instant 10% off the purchase price of ink, toner & paper. There will be no more rewards for ink, toner & paper.

Here's the text from the email:

*As a Staples Rewards® Premier Gold member, you will receive instant savings on ink, toner and case and ream paper products. When these products are subject to promotions: (i) which reduce the price of a product (such as promotions offering instant savings or coupons), you will receive the lower of the instant savings or the promotional price; and (ii) which give you additional Rewards (such as promotions offering double Rewards), we will match that promotional price with a combination of instant discount and Rewards. You are responsible for paying the applicable sales tax. Staples Rewards are issued monthly, but only if the value of the Reward is at least $5. Balances of less than $5 expire at the end of the calendar year.

**Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 20 per calendar month per customer, and receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. We will recycle additional cartridges but Rewards will only be issued for 20 per calendar month per customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. Additional accounts will be cancelled. Staples® reserves the right to change the Staples Rewards program at any time without notice. For full program details, visit Staples.com/Gold10.

On what products or purchases do I earn Staples Rewards?

"As a Staples Rewards Premier Gold member, you can earn 10% back in Staples Rewards on all Copy & Print purchases. This applies to any purchase by phone at 1-888-333-3199, online at Staples.com/CopyandPrint or in any Staples U.S. store.

Premier Gold members can recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 20 per calendar month, and get $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued monthly, separately from your other benefits."

Hope this helps,
Glen

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the heads up.

interesting information... this makes the cheap paper deals ($1-$2 still, I hope) even better...

thanks for the heads up, OP

From OP's text:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/perm/12026_SAMbenefits_megatest/g10.html

Note that this is Premier Gold, not the Premier "Black" that most people have.

gfriedman1 said:   Folks,

I got an email this morning stating Staples was changing the Premier Gold Rewards program such that instead of getting 10% or 15% in Rewards, you get an instant 10% off the purchase price of ink, toner & paper. There will be no more rewards for ink, toner & paper.

*As a Staples Rewards® Premier Gold member, you will receive instant savings on ink, toner and case and ream paper products. When these products are subject to promotions: (i) which reduce the price of a product (such as promotions offering instant savings or coupons), you will receive the lower of the instant savings or the promotional price; and (ii) which give you additional Rewards (such as promotions offering double Rewards), we will match that promotional price with a combination of instant discount and Rewards............................................

Sounds like if the item has more than 10%, they will give you 10% off the price at the time of purchase, plus give you rewards equal to the extra amount.
So there are still some rewards for ink, paper & toner.

jimates said:   gfriedman1 said:   Folks,

*As a Staples Rewards® Premier Gold member, you will receive instant savings on ink, toner and case and ream paper products. When these products are subject to promotions: (i) which reduce the price of a product (such as promotions offering instant savings or coupons), you will receive the lower of the instant savings or the promotional price; and (ii) which give you additional Rewards (such as promotions offering double Rewards), we will match that promotional price with a combination of instant discount and Rewards............................................

Sounds like if the item has more than 10%, they will give you 10% off the price at the time of purchase, plus give you rewards equal to the extra amount.
So there are still some rewards for ink, paper & toner.

It is unclear to me. It seems that there are 2 different situations: (i) and (ii).

In (i) -- where there is a promotion (with only instant savings or coupons), you will get *either* the promotional price OR the 10% instant savings ???

Out of curiousity, since I just hit the premier black spend of $1,000, what do you need to spend to get Gold status?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014