• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Anyone have any tips to share? I'm looking to plan a trip to Sesame Place. I've heard Burger King and McDonald's sometimes have coupons. Anyone seen those coupons there this year?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

i've bought tickets on eBay cheaper then i could get with a coupon code.

also could get points/Cash Back by going through a program that offers eBay as a shop site.

There are plenty of fresh stacks of the coupons at the participating partners now that schools is out.
Don't buy anything at a place that doesn't have the coupons.
The coupons help lead travelers on the road to the park.

There are plenty of partners to choose from on the sesame place website: Pepsi, Burger King, McDonalds, WaWa, Rite Aid

I'm a frequenter at sesame place in Langhorne, PA. Hope my experience helps.

2 day tickets are good values. They go for $56 vs. ~$40 for one day tickets. I had done quite a bit of research and found that the $56 two day ticket is the best value you can have.

Its a water park - so bring swim-gear instead of purchasing over-priced stuff. I have a feeling that they don't emphasize the "water park" part intentionally - to make you buy overpriced gear from them. Stuff I will think you may need are
1. Waterproof pouch (for credit cards, car keys etc).
2. Waterproof camera or waterproof camera bag/case.
3. Shoes that you can get into water with. Crocs (or cheaper knock-offs) usually work for me.
4. Swimsuit.
5. Swim pants for the kids (this is a little kids park - so I am assuming you have one or more of them).

Lockers are $20 to rent for a day. We try to keep everything in the car and go there with the bare minimum necessary to save on this.

Food is extremely overpriced and of poor quality. We usually take a couple of hours break and go out to eat. There are plenty of good restaurants around for which you can buy restaurant.com certificates.

Parking is - as you have guessed - expensive. General parking is $15, Preferred is $18 and VIP is $25. If you reach there after the park opens - be prepared to walk half a mile or more from general parking spot to the gate. I personally find the preferred parking to be much better value. If you need to make some trips to the car - then look at VIP parking since it is right outside the gate and you don't need to rent a $20 locker if you have this since you may as well keep everything in the car.

If you think you might come back to sesame place once again in this season (it's a great park for the kids) - then look into season pass. At $95 - they may be a good value for you. We have the $125 pass for one of the kids since that gets her (i.e. us) $15 parking credit on every visit (general is free, preferred - $3, VIP - $10).

Hotels close to sesame place are expensive when the park is open. If you are okay with driving 15/20 miles - then you can get some exceptionally good deals either in Philadelphia or in new jersey.

If you have kids - you will enjoy sesame place. It is a really good park.

In case you get bored at Sesame place and need some bigger thrill rides - Six Flags is not too far away with its scary coasters.

Sesame place often have free concerts. You still need to buy a $0 ticket from their website and reserve your place anyway. Last time we were there - there was some band (who apparently feature at the Disney Channel) playing. I'm not sure if this is a season pass holder thing or not. 'nyway - check out their website.

I forgot to touch on the topic of hotels:
Sheraton Bucks county is right across the park and is a very good hotel. We've stayed with them once this year so far and have nothing but good review to offer.

Hyatt Regency Princeton is about 20 miles from the park. However, we stay here very frequently (2 trips so far this year with reservations already done for two more) since this happens to be in my top 5 favorite hotels. I'm their loyalty member and hence special deals and upgrades are a little easier to come by. Their atrium is alive and well late into the night and the vibe there is really good. There will frequently be events (marriage, prom etc) in their ballroom and much of the activity there spills into the atrium. If you are getting upgraded - try to get a room on the 2nd floor with balcony facing the atrium. I prefer those over the suites.

There are some good hotels in the Bensalem area of Philadelphia. This is about 10-15 miles from the park.
Philly downtown obviously have a lot of hotels. Beware though that their quality vary a lot - even within the same star level. So be careful if you plan to do any sort of opaque hotel booking. I've stayed with the Hotel Latham in Phily downtown in the past and quite liked their old world "historic" look. However, wifey was not so very excited about it.

How to find good deals on these hotels specifically, and other hotel/airfare etc in general is a vast topic and is not something we can hope to deal with here. I've started learning the tricks for the past 2 years from the flyertalk forum and the frugal travel guy blog. I still consider myself to be at the beginner/intermediate in this area compared to the gurus. However, I'm already able to travel for very cheap (including the hotel stays mentioned here). I wish to reach the level of expertise some day where I can make all my international travel very cheap (if not free) as well.

The point is - these hotels may look very expensive at first sight (unless you are a flyertalk guru) - but there are ways to afford them the FW way.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014