Costco laptop return

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
"How long have you had it?"

Is this a common question from CSR when you try to return a laptop to Costco? Why does it matter as long as it's within the 90 days return period?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"How long have you had it?"

"Can't you read the receipt?"

LongDongSilver said:   "How long have you had it?"

Is this a common question from CSR when you try to return a laptop to Costco? Why does it matter as long as it's within the 90 days return period?

1. It's a Conspiracy to trip you up and admit you bought it 6 months ago.
2. Cashier is WAY to lazy to look at the receipt
3. You physically altered the receipt and they can cancel your membership for lying.

idk...maybe for the same reason they ask what kind of taco sauce I would like when I just order a drink at Taco Bell.

same reason radio shacq asks for your phone number

forbin4040 said:   LongDongSilver said:   "How long have you had it?"

3. You physically altered the receipt and they can cancel your membership for lying.

No, the cashier could care less. It's always the manager/supervisor who asks that question during the inspection before approval. Can he refuse the return if you have it for a long time, say 85 days, but it's still within 90 days?

Why is this in deal discussion?

LongDongSilver said:   forbin4040 said:   LongDongSilver said:   "How long have you had it?"

No, the cashier could care less. It's always the manager/supervisor who asks that question during the inspection before approval. Can he refuse the return if you have it for a long time, say 85 days, but it's still within 90 days?
Actually the Cashier CARES. Because that's part of their job performance. TRUST ME ON THIS LJS, if Majors was called out and found out the Returns person did not check for the date, they will be written up. But now you ask a new question, why does Majors ask you that?

Because of #1. They are trying to trip you up and see if you panic.
Add #4 : Because they are being chatty and asking you the date of purchase is the lowest amount of 'friendliess' they have to offer you.
Costco sees fraud attempts EVERY DAY, and sometimes people shoot out key words that alert them to a fraud and to 'look at' the item closer.

And yes there are many reasons to deny you at 85 Days, but most of those involve fraud.

Maybe it was a gift.

Try to be nice to Costco CSRs as I asked one once what percent of customers are nice & they said 10%....

handyguy said:   Maybe it was a gift.

Try to be nice to Costco CSRs as I asked one once what percent of customers are nice & they said 10%....
Heh I remember some guy bringing in a $2000 TV saying he got it as a gift and 'claimed' his best bud paid CASH

Just answer "yesterday" and let the cashier takes a look at the receipt if s/he wants, then s/he will figure out.
85 < 90, they must take it back. Period.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014