Best deal on 35mm film developing?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a family member (elderly) that refuses to go digital and has now accumulated about 20 rolls of 35mm film that need developing. Called WalMart and th price is sick... Any cheap places to get these rolls developed?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

wal greens still does it, not sure of price

usually Costco had the best price, but its been many years since i've used it

Costco is one, and wal mart is one, any cheaper? I don't think so.

from poster on internet-Snapfish.com. Not necessarily all places are cheap per FW standards, like Walgreens.

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/507222_best-places-to-develop-35m...
The Best Places To Develop 35MM Film in 2011

... recently bought a ESO Rebel TI SLR film camera off of eBay for fifty dollars. The camera is in beautiful shape and takes wonderful pictures. Because of the digital age, finding the right place (at the right price) to develop 35MM film was tougher than I expected. These are the best places I found to develop 35MM film in 2011

Costco-It took me three months of searching, but I finally found out that Costco is the best place to develop your 35MM film. It will only cost you $4.00 to develop a roll of 24 pictures at Costco. They offer 4x6 pictures in glossy or matte, if you have a 35MM film camera, you know this is an incredible price. Costco will also develop your film in 5x7 for a couple dollars more. You will have to be a paid member of Costco to use their film development, but it is worth it if you are a film camera enthusiast. Costco offers one hour film processing

Walgreens-Walgreens is not nearly as cheap as Costco when it comes to 35MM film processing. Walgreens charges 9.99 to develop 24 pictures, but they offer one hour service, good quality photos and will not charge you for messed up photos.
Walgreens is a good option if you do not want to join Costco for a nominal fee.

Snapfish-Snapfish is an online film development company-they also do digital prints, but we are more interested in their film development. Because Snapfish is an online film developer, you have to sign up for their service online. If you want them to develop your pictures, they will send envelopes to your home, you drop the film into the envelopes and send it back. You will need your credit card, address (Snapfish will actually send your pictures to your local Wal-Mart if you prefer) cost is 2.99 and 1.99 shipping per roll of up to 27 pictures. Snapfish is good quality, but will take longer than Costco and Walgreens. Snapfish also lets you prepay and save money, $2.69 per roll for ten or more rolls, 15 rolls at $2.59, 20 rolls at $2.39 and 50 rolls at $1.99 per roll.
These are the best places to develop your 35MM film. I like Costco because they are cheap, great picture development and I use their store for shopping anyway. Walgreens is good if you are in a hurry, donít care how much you pay and donít want to send your pictures through the mail. Snapfish is a good option if you take a ton of pictures and donít mind waiting for them to come through the mail. Snapfish is pretty fast for their type of 35MM film developing service.

seattle film works is great.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014