• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I know there was always a "wink-wink" after "family" by most people but now it seems to be OK:

From their terms (Linked Here):

Sharing Amazon Prime Benefits:
Prime members under a free trial or paid subscription can share their benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 coworkers to shop for the related account.

Note: Additional members do not get streaming video privileges that the primary member gets.

Edit: Added link. Somehow it disappeared.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
That's what I thought it would be.

So ... the OPs "seem to allow non-family sharing (legitimately)" does not apply to 99.... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Oct. 02, 2011 @ 12:12p) |

What you say is true. A few people say they have "heard about" people who have had their accounts canceled. I have yet ... (more)

MisterEd (Oct. 02, 2011 @ 6:44p) |

Edit: nvm

tigi (Dec. 21, 2011 @ 1:03p) |

wow...thats great news! Now to find a friend (or make a friend) with prime!

cnvrtble98 said:   wow...thats great news! Now to find a friend (or make a friend) with prime! I'm always looking for a couple friends with $15.

So do they have to be at the same household or not? And does Amazon enforce this at all anyways?

LordB said:   So do they have to be at the same household or not? And does Amazon enforce this at all anyways?

My girlfriend lives 3 states away. I added her to my Prime account last year sometime. When she orders something, she just uses her current address as the shipping and billing destination. Seems to work okay. (FWIW, I had shipped things from Amazon to her before, so her name and address were already in my Account addressbook when I added her to Prime. Not sure if that matters or not).

They are not joined accounts - I have a 'sister' and 'brother' that live nowhere near me...they each have their own account. They can not see what I buy or any of my private information.

LordB said:   So do they have to be at the same household or not? And does Amazon enforce this at all anyways? No, any household. There is nothing to enforce, read the terms I linked to in my original post.

recently renewed my student prime with the half price offer. but they won't let you add another member to those benefits... ugh...

Hi everyone, If anyone can spare a co-worker addition for prime, I would really appreciate it! I'll owe ya one!

official T&C:

If you sign up for a free trial or paid Prime membership (not including Amazon Student memberships), you may invite up to four eligible household members (living at the same address) to enjoy the shipping benefits of your free trial or paid Prime membership at no extra cost (invitees). (Please note that any member under age 18 may use the Amazon.com Web site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.) If you purchase a Prime membership for use by a business or organization, you may invite up to four eligible coworkers to shop for the related account consistent with these Terms and Conditions.

c3 said:   official T&C:

If you sign up for a free trial or paid Prime membership (not including Amazon Student memberships), you may invite up to four eligible household members (living at the same address) to enjoy the shipping benefits of your free trial or paid Prime membership at no extra cost (invitees). (Please note that any member under age 18 may use the Amazon.com Web site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.) If you purchase a Prime membership for use by a business or organization, you may invite up to four eligible coworkers to shop for the related account consistent with these Terms and Conditions.

The terms I linked to in the OP mention nothing about a business account. Here is the full text:

Sharing Amazon Prime Benefits
Prime members under a free trial or paid subscription can share their benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 coworkers to shop for the related account.To invite family members to share your Amazon Prime membership, sign in to Your Account and click on the link to "Manage Prime Membership." You'll see your current membership details, the status of all members linked to your Amazon Prime membership, and options to add or remove members.Amazon Student members with Amazon Prime benefits will not be able to share their benefits with additional people. Customers who receive their Amazon Prime shipping benefits through Amazon Mom can share their benefits with 1 person within or outside of their household. All existing shared household members will continue to receive shipping benefits if the primary member switches to the Amazon Prime shipping benefits offered by one of these programs, however, the primary member will not be able to add or change shared household members if they move to one of these programs.

I would share but I have the student account and it doesn't work.

why would anyone want someone from the internet to join? you get access to their spending habits, the cc they have on file and most importantly their address? i would only do it for close friends and family

MisterEd said:   The terms I linked to in the OP mention nothing about a business account.

The one you linked is the FAQ. The one I quoted is from the T&C. Since they have no idea who my coworkers are, I don't see how they can really enforce the terms.

Some people have reported their Amazon accounts being terminated for abuse. I would warn against adding people you don't know.

alwayslookinaround said:   why would anyone want someone from the internet to join? you get access to their spending habits, the cc they have on file and most importantly their address? i would only do it for close friends and family WRONG. Nothing is shared. You use your own Amazon account. No connection whatsoever to the "master" account.

c3 said:   MisterEd said:   The terms I linked to in the OP mention nothing about a business account.

The one you linked is the FAQ. The one I quoted is from the T&C. Since they have no idea who my coworkers are, I don't see how they can really enforce the terms.

Some people have reported their Amazon accounts being terminated for abuse. I would warn against adding people you don't know.

If they terminate they would lose my business. What do they gain by that? I spend multi-thousands of dollars on Amazon every year for my home and my work and my friends and family. Seems like a dumb move to me. Well, they haven't in many years so I won't worry. Lots of other places to shop on the web and lots of other email addresses to use if needed to.

In regard to the OP's solicitation that says, "PM me if interested," FatWallet clarifies with the following policy:

FatWallet.com Moderator said: "Thank you for participating in our community. I would like to take a moment to clarify our policy regarding selling, buying, and trading in our forums. The only thing we allow to be sold, bought, or traded are grocery coupons and one-time-use coupons. If you would like to sell, trade, or request grocery coupons, those activities happen in the Grocery Forum. If you would like to share or request one-time-use coupons, those activities happen in the One-Time-Use Coupons Forum. If you have any questions about this, feel free to send in a Support Ticket. We would be glad to have a conversation around the issue. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact the on-duty moderator to communicate your views. This may help edit a particular topic, or promote informed decisions going forward. Please be sure to include your username, the date and time of disputed deletion, and a link to the topic it was deleted from."

a-max said:   In regard to the OP's solicitation that says, "PM me if interested," FatWallet clarifies with the following policy:

FatWallet.com Moderator said: "Thank you for participating in our community. I would like to take a moment to clarify our policy regarding selling, buying, and trading in our forums. The only thing we allow to be sold, bought, or traded are grocery coupons and one-time-use coupons. If you would like to sell, trade, or request grocery coupons, those activities happen in the Grocery Forum. If you would like to share or request one-time-use coupons, those activities happen in the One-Time-Use Coupons Forum. If you have any questions about this, feel free to send in a Support Ticket. We would be glad to have a conversation around the issue. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact the on-duty moderator to communicate your views. This may help edit a particular topic, or promote informed decisions going forward. Please be sure to include your username, the date and time of disputed deletion, and a link to the topic it was deleted from."

I removed PM ME IF INTERESTED from the original post. So as this poster so eloquently stated please do not do that.

does anyone know:

If i sign up for the Amazon prime trial for 1 month and i SHARED this Amazon prime with an household, can that household sign up for Amazon prime trial immediately after my Amazon prime account expired?

I remember Amazon stating that you have to wait 13 month if you sign up for it. Not sure it apply to household with SHARED Amazon prime account.

wow

wish I have friends

fatxman said:   wish I have friends

real friends or friends with benefits? by that i mean Amazon prime

MisterEd said:   alwayslookinaround said:   why would anyone want someone from the internet to join? you get access to their spending habits, the cc they have on file and most importantly their address? i would only do it for close friends and family WRONG. Nothing is shared. You use your own Amazon account. No connection whatsoever to the "master" account.

Bump for correct information. I am sharing a student account with my GF's brother, and we have our own log in and our own credit Card Store, and when I go to manage prime membership my account says that I am using my GF brother name prime account and that is all the info I have. So its safe to share with someone random on the internet.

whats the details on the student account? my DD is at a University

any one wanna be a prime friend pm me

Hmmm I thought there was some long thread here about Amazon terminated peoples memberships for a few reasons- I remember excess returns was one, and I thought sharing of prime account (changing the address to ship to lots of different people) was another one. I'm assuming they when they say 4 coworkers they also mean at the same address. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't know if I would rush to sign up 4 different people from 4 different states under 1 prime account. Oh and when Amazon fired all those customers many were 'good customers' who were spending several thousands a year with them.

wp746911 said:   I'm assuming they when they say 4 coworkers they also mean at the same address. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't know if I would rush to sign up 4 different people from 4 different states under 1 prime account.

I don't live with any of my coworkers at the same address, so I think it's safe to say that Amazon is ok with 4 people living at 4 addresses

Also, I have worked for companies where I had coworkers in many different states. If I had sent them all an email asking if they wanted to join my Prime account, Amazon would have likely seen all of my coworkers being from states different than my own.

If they said family members, that's one thing.. but coworkers is entirely different.

Also on a related note, how would they know that these "coworkers" don't know each other? In a shared Prime membership situation, we would have each others' email addresses anyway (so we could communicate to get things set up). So any email they sent would easily be forwarded between the 4 of us and we would have a common response. If they said "What is your coworker's favorite color", I'd just email him and ask

cardib said:   whats the details on the student account? my DD is at a University

Amazon.com/student

The student (verified via the .edu email address - note that the account does not have to use that email address - only for verification) can get free PRIME for one year. During that year, PRIME streaming is NOT included. Also, student prime accounts cannot be shared with other household members. After the first year, you'll be offer a half-price membership renewable for up to 3 more years. At that time, you WILL have access to PRIME streaming but still won't be able to share with other household members.

Some claim you are able to share an account as follows:

* Share the account with another member

The T&C states that if you were sharing an account you will continue to share it, however you will not be able to add new members - only remove them.

nbha said:   wp746911 said:   I'm assuming they when they say 4 coworkers they also mean at the same address. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't know if I would rush to sign up 4 different people from 4 different states under 1 prime account.

I don't live with any of my coworkers at the same address, so I think it's safe to say that Amazon is ok with 4 people living at 4 addresses

Also, I have worked for companies where I had coworkers in many different states. If I had sent them all an email asking if they wanted to join my Prime account, Amazon would have likely seen all of my coworkers being from states different than my own.

If they said family members, that's one thing.. but coworkers is entirely different.

Also on a related note, how would they know that these "coworkers" don't know each other? In a shared Prime membership situation, we would have each others' email addresses anyway (so we could communicate to get things set up). So any email they sent would easily be forwarded between the 4 of us and we would have a common response. If they said "What is your coworker's favorite color", I'd just email him and ask

well you may very well be correct-certainly the terms don't specify that the coworkers have to live at the same address. I guess I just wonder if Amazon intends the coworkers to be at the same address (work address)- if that is the case they did a poor job of spelling that out. I just find it hard to believe that Amazon would take such a hard line on people flip-flopping prime addresses in the past, still limit family members to 1 address, but be ok with 4 different 'coworkers' in 4 different states. I would LOVE it if i could do that- that would make my prime cost $20 or so which is a bargain. I'm just hesitant to hop on board.

wp746911 said:   nbha said:   wp746911 said:   I'm assuming they when they say 4 coworkers they also mean at the same address. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't know if I would rush to sign up 4 different people from 4 different states under 1 prime account.

well you may very well be correct-certainly the terms don't specify that the coworkers have to live at the same address. I guess I just wonder if Amazon intends the coworkers to be at the same address (work address)- if that is the case they did a poor job of spelling that out. I just find it hard to believe that Amazon would take such a hard line on people flip-flopping prime addresses in the past, still limit family members to 1 address, but be ok with 4 different 'coworkers' in 4 different states. I would LOVE it if i could do that- that would make my prime cost $20 or so which is a bargain. I'm just hesitant to hop on board.
Comment redacted ... my error.

MisterEd said:   They absolutely DO NOT limit family members to 1 address.
T&C: "you may invite up to four eligible household members (living at the same address)"

c3 said:   MisterEd said:   They absolutely DO NOT limit family members to 1 address.
T&C: "you may invite up to four eligible household members (living at the same address)"

You are absolutely correct .... I stand (er, sit) corrected. However that doesn't change the fact it hasn't (so far) been a problem for many many people.

c3 said:   official T&C:

...If you purchase a Prime membership for use by a business or organization, you may invite up to four eligible coworkers to shop for the related account consistent with these Terms and Conditions.

A couple of questions:

Does Amazon know if the use is for a business or organization? I ask, because the "invite" option under my managing of membership only allows invites to family members. No mention of co-workers under invitees.

(Perhaps older Amazon Prime members are lumped into family-only invite accounts while newer members are asked if it is to be used in a business or organization? Any recent members notice a difference?)

Back to the quote, it says "shop for the related account" - does this imply one account, one destination (business) address? or one billing credit card?

EDIT: I guess I can answer my own question after a little googling. "Prime members can share their benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 co-workers associated with a common Amazon Corporate Account."

aln said:   Back to the quote, it says "shop for the related account" - does this imply one account, one destination (business) address? or one billing credit card?

EDIT: I guess I can answer my own question after a little googling. "Prime members can share their benefits with up to 4 additional family members living in the same household, or up to 4 co-workers associated with a common Amazon Corporate Account."

So ... the OPs "seem to allow non-family sharing (legitimately)" does not apply to 99.9% of FWers.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   aln said:   Back to the quote, it says "shop for the related account" - does this imply one account, one destination (business) address? or one billing credit card?

So ... the OPs "seem to allow non-family sharing (legitimately)" does not apply to 99.9% of FWers.

What you say is true. A few people say they have "heard about" people who have had their accounts canceled. I have yet to read a post DIRECTLY from anyone that has. That's not to say it doesn't happen. They give away so many free accounts between "student" and "mom" they I am sure they are just as happy to get $80 from anyone.

Edit: nvm

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014