• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I went to Lowes the other day to take a look at a tool that will be a Black Friday deal. I wasn't intending to buy it that day, but one of the employees said they honor prices for 30 days, and when I asked if that includes Black Friday pricing, he said it does. Obviously I'd rather buy now, have use of the tool and get a refund for the difference later, rather than have to deal with the BF crowds.

But I can't seem to find a 30 day price protection policy on Lowes site. This is what I found: Lowes link, which talks about competitor price matching and Lowes online/retail price matching.

So does Lowes actually have a 30 day price protection policy with regards to its own future pricing?

And will they honor that for BF pricing?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No

badboi said:   NoTo which question?

There will be some fine print disclaimer that exempts Black Friday

inda said:   There will be some fine print disclaimer that exempts Black Friday

Probably something like excludes prior sales or similar wording.

MajorDarkside said:   inda said:   There will be some fine print disclaimer that exempts Black Friday

Probably something like excludes prior sales or similar wording.
Black Friday would be a subsequent sale, and the tool I purchased was at regular price this week.

Has anyone seen Lowes 30 day price protection policy? I can't find it on their website.

Since the page you link says "see stores for more details" I am guessing you should ask and see if they have something in print at the store.

The next to the last page of there ad shows the same policy as on the website.

If they have something, you could make a photocopy, or take a picture.

Assuming you find nothing solid. If they said they would honor Black Friday pricing, then refuse to do so, I would ask again, politely stating an employee said they would. Then return the item if they still refuse to do so.

Employees are not a very reliable source of information.

You could do a return/rebuy for the adjustment, but you'd have to do that during the time it's on sale. I found a few posts in forums that said this is how Lowe's handles it. Those posts were not specific to black friday though.

If its like last year, the Lowes BF stuff went on sale for BF prices online the night before. I was able to order all the things I wanted for instore pickup and picked them up at night. When I was checking out, a guy flipped out on an employee because I was able to get the BF deal but it was sold out for him. He went on how unfair it is to buy online.

I had an issue one time on BF where they had a product on sale but only allocated a set number for that price and would not give me the price as advertised because they had already sold the limit at that price. The problem was that they still had the product on the shelf and it was still in the time period of the sale. I thought that was pretty bad. If a sale is on and the product is on the shelf, I should get the sale price. If you only want to sell 15 of them, only put 15 on the shelf.

OK, sounds like it is iffy enough that I probably shouldn't start using the product, as I might need to return it.

The other issue I have is that I'm going to be in another state for Thanksgiving and Black Friday. And I don't want to buy in that state on BF and have to lug it back home. So maybe what I'll do is buy in that state on BF, then return the same physical item with my earlier (and higher priced) receipt. But that would only work if (1) there is enough of the product available by the time I make it to the store on BF, and (2) they will accept a return with a receipt from a Lowes in another state.

miizer said:   OK, sounds like it is iffy enough that I probably shouldn't start using the product, as I might need to return it.

The other issue I have is that I'm going to be in another state for Thanksgiving and Black Friday. And I don't want to buy in that state on BF and have to lug it back home. So maybe what I'll do is buy in that state on BF, then return the same physical item with my earlier (and higher priced) receipt. But that would only work if (1) there is enough of the product available by the time I make it to the store on BF, and (2) they will accept a return with a receipt from a Lowes in another state.

I've taken back purchases from out of state stores including Lowes. For these chain stores, if you can return at a location on the other side of town, you can generally return anywhere in the country. Just keep in mind you are buying and returning on the busiest day of the year. Perhaps returns, wont be that busy yet. What's the plan? Purchase the item at the exit furthest from the main entrance, then return a few minutes later?

StartByServingOthers said:   I've taken back purchases from out of state stores including Lowes. For these chain stores, if you can return at a location on the other side of town, you can generally return anywhere in the country. Just keep in mind you are buying and returning on the busiest day of the year. Perhaps returns, wont be that busy yet. What's the plan? Purchase the item at the exit furthest from the main entrance, then return a few minutes later?Cool, good to know that an out of state return should work.

Yeah, buying on BF will suck, but seems like price matching my recent purchase to BF pricing is questionable, and I want the item in question, so might not be any way around shopping on BF. I suppose I'd buy and do the return a few minutes later, or maybe come back the next day if there's a Lowes near the place I'll be staying Thanksgiving weekend.

Lowes, at least in my area, has been good about having plenty of stock of black friday sale items. I've never been unable to get a Lowes black friday item that I wanted and I never go early. Most items, they have had pallets of them and had them all weekend long and some items have outlasted the weekend, gone back to "regular price" and then been cleared out later for less. Those items that were cleared out for less were not regularly stocked items - they were brought in for black friday and they were not actually a great deal at the BF price.

The only items that I noticed that I thought might sell out were the Bosch tools. They haven't brought in lots of extras in past years, but on the other hand the prices on them are good, but not unbelievable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014