iPad 2 Deal Out There? Christmas 2011

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am sure I am going to get lots of red for this but I NEED HELP! Please save me the “there are better tablets out there”. I am looking for a wifi ipad, not particular in size for my wife for xmas. I don’t see any black Friday deals on them anywhere. I have checked craigslist in my area and they all seem to be fake, with no response back (space coast – Orlando area). There are no deals on eBay for ipad 2.
I want the best deal there is to be had taking into account shipping and tax as well.
Deals I have found…
I missed the $40 gift card at target with iPad 2 purchase but still would have cost me $30 in tax. WalMart has $20 off of a smart cover but not quite sure that is what my wife would want and again tax would be added. Direct from apple is good especially for the free engraving but tax still. I am not totally against their refurb which does save $50 but this is a xmas and box is worth something.

The best deal that I can see is $500 at MacMall with ebates or FW CashBack. Free shipping and no tax. There has got to be something better out there. PLEASE HELP!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Because he can't read the next post which shows Microcenter is $50 off right now. And he doesn't know that Apple does N... (more)

forbin4040 (Nov. 21, 2011 @ 8:06p) |

And I change my mind Apple just issued a discount on Ipads...but it's almost the same price as Microcenter.

forbin4040 (Nov. 23, 2011 @ 5:49p) |

Anybody seeing any new deals on an Ipad 2

Target is offering a $75 gift card on a new in store purchase, put I have to pa... (more)

njwlog77 (Dec. 13, 2011 @ 11:02a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Chances are on BF that the Apple Store will have them 10% off.

Currently Microcenter has $50 off on ipad2.

Just like mentioned, you got to make it to a Microcenter store.
Those with one in their area get in on the deal.

$50 off ipad 2 at Microcenter B&M

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1139862/

Microcenter is once again running their $50 off iPad2's sale at their B&M stores. You can also order online for in store pickup.

Don't pay the same price for a refurbished unit. These are brand new units from authorized Apple reseller.

I did see that but none even remotely in the area.

atlanticfisherman said:   Just like mentioned, you got to make it to a Microcenter store.
Those with one in their area get in on the deal.

$50 off ipad 2 at Microcenter B&M

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1139862/

Microcenter is once again running their $50 off iPad2's sale at their B&M stores. You can also order online for in store pickup.

Don't pay the same price for a refurbished unit. These are brand new units from authorized Apple reseller.

270 for 16gb ipad2
http://tecconexs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_26

Fspirt said:   270 for 16gb ipad2

I'm not familar with that- I think that is a european store- are those amounts in US $? Be VERY wary of any great discounts on the ipad2- very often they end up being fake. Only buy from reputable stores. I would get her a new one- refurbs for x-mas gifts for wives are a little tough to pull off well. Your best bet is to wait until BF to see if apple does indeed have a 10% off or anything like that- otherwise just buy it online (to avoid tax) and try to stack it with some CashBack like with fatwallet. Target is giving giftcards with some apple stuff- but like you've found often that just negates the salestax (but you could also use the 5% off target card for more savings). This is generally the case for apple stuff- you aren't gonna find bargain sales for the ipad2.

I would wait, with the competition heating up it the tablet space; apple might cut the prices of Ipad2

http://www.slashgear.com/ipad-2-price-slash-incoming-insists-analyst-15195330/
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/11/14/ipad-demand-is-falling-goldman-sachs-says-demand-for-the-ipad-is-on-the-decline-apple-may-have-to-consider-lowering-ipad-prices-amid-competition/

also, make sure and utilize the topic alerts on this site (and other sites if you want to be thorough). Set it for ipad and ipad2 so you don't miss any deals- they might pop up and you might not see them.

$20 to ship but this seems way to good to be true. Would AMEX cover if it was fake?

pennywisepoundfool said:   I would wait, with the competition heating up it the tablet space; apple might cut the prices of Ipad2

http://www.slashgear.com/ipad-2-price-slash-incoming-insists-ana...
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/11/14/ipad-demand-is-falling-goldm...

remember he has to get this for christmas- do you think they will drop it before christmas? I doubt that. Yes they will drop it at some point.

randyfrasman said:   $20 to ship but this seems way to good to be true. Would AMEX cover if it was fake?

did you proceed through checkout? My guess is either this is the price in POUNDS, or its fake. I doubt the largest retailer can buy an ipad2 legitimately from apple for anywhere near this price- so how are they making money? Prove me wrong, but I wouldn't go there.

They are based in MALAYSIA...and somehow they are able to sell apple products for a fraction of their real cost???

Thanks and I think we are on the same page.

wp746911 said:   Fspirt said:   270 for 16gb ipad2

I'm not familar with that- I think that is a european store- are those amounts in US $? Be VERY wary of any great discounts on the ipad2- very often they end up being fake. Only buy from reputable stores. I would get her a new one- refurbs for x-mas gifts for wives are a little tough to pull off well. Your best bet is to wait until BF to see if apple does indeed have a 10% off or anything like that- otherwise just buy it online (to avoid tax) and try to stack it with some CashBack like with fatwallet. Target is giving giftcards with some apple stuff- but like you've found often that just negates the salestax (but you could also use the 5% off target card for more savings). This is generally the case for apple stuff- you aren't gonna find bargain sales for the ipad2.

randyfrasman said:   $20 to ship but this seems way to good to be true. Would AMEX cover if it was fake?

You are going to run into a scam if you see brand new iPad2 selling below $450. Best deal is MicroCenter. If not, Target would be the next best since they offer additional 5% off if using Target CC. Good luck!

If you are tight on money, buy a used one on eBay. Don't fall for a scam. If it's too good to be true, then it is. They want to get hold of you CC #...so they are making false claim of being able to sell iPad2 below the actual cost.

No, it is American Dollars but it has to be a too good to be true. I also read their terms and conditions...
Warranty Disclaimer
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Tecconexs.com. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Tecconexs.com. does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Tecconexs.com. does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.

wp746911 said:   randyfrasman said:   $20 to ship but this seems way to good to be true. Would AMEX cover if it was fake?

did you proceed through checkout? My guess is either this is the price in POUNDS, or its fake. I doubt the largest retailer can buy an ipad2 legitimately from apple for anywhere near this price- so how are they making money? Prove me wrong, but I wouldn't go there.

They are based in MALAYSIA...and somehow they are able to sell apple products for a fraction of their real cost???

I bought an Ipad2 64GB 3g on eBay for $780 - 2% eBay buck = ~$765 free shipping + no tax
Brought it to Apple hoping to exchange for a 16GB 3g one, they told me my ipad was originally bought from Target.
Brought it to Target, get back $830 + 8.65% tax = ~$902 (i dunno what state) in Target GC even though I didnt have a receipt.
Total profit = 902 - 765 = $137
Used that GC to buy a 16GB 3g for $630 + 7.75% (CA tax) with a $137 discount from flipping a 64g 3g and some money left in the Target GC.
It's my story, very YMMV, but the moral is you can find an Ipad2 deal on eBay.

meijer has a deal on thanksgiving. Buy an IPAD2, get $80 off your next purchase. That's the only thing I've seen.

I would jump on this if I could! Not worth the 2k round trip. Not for sale online.

bargainhunter3 said:   meijer has a deal on thanksgiving. Buy an IPAD2, get $80 off your next purchase. That's the only thing I've seen.

As listed on a competitor deal site:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290632989...
Seller: concept_concept_electronics ( Feedback Score Of 9543)

No tax. Under MSRP. Free shipping

Apple iPad 2 (16 GB) Wi-Fi Black Tablet » for $484.99 at eBay

Price: $484.99

The all-new thinner and lighter design makes iPad 2 even more comfortable to hold. It's even more powerful with the dual-core A5 chip, yet has the same 10 hours of battery life.1 With two cameras, you can make FaceTime video calls,2 record HD video and put a twist on your snapshots in Photo Booth. And the iPad Smart Cover attaches magnetically and wakes up, stands up and brightens up your iPad 2.3

How to get this deal:

Add to Shopping cart for $484.99 (Offered by concept_concept_electronics)
Final Price: $484.99 + Free Shipping + No Tax in Most States

neptune192 said:   
It's my story, very YMMV, but the moral is you can find an Ipad2 deal on eBay.

and the other "moral" is outright fraud can get you into quite a bit of trouble.

Used in this case is only saving you $15. No idea how much warranty is left until you receive it.

atlanticfisherman said:   As listed on a competitor deal site:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290632989...
Seller: concept_concept_electronics ( Feedback Score Of 9543)

No tax. Under MSRP. Free shipping

Apple iPad 2 (16 GB) Wi-Fi Black Tablet » for $484.99 at eBay

Price: $484.99

The all-new thinner and lighter design makes iPad 2 even more comfortable to hold. It's even more powerful with the dual-core A5 chip, yet has the same 10 hours of battery life.1 With two cameras, you can make FaceTime video calls,2 record HD video and put a twist on your snapshots in Photo Booth. And the iPad Smart Cover attaches magnetically and wakes up, stands up and brightens up your iPad 2.3

How to get this deal:

Add to Shopping cart for $484.99 (Offered by concept_concept_electronics)
Final Price: $484.99 + Free Shipping + No Tax in Most States

respdoc said:   
and the other "moral" is outright fraud can get you into quite a bit of trouble.

Tell me how is it a fraud???
Target lose no money out of their pocket, except for the 20 minutes their CS staff spent figuring out how to refund >$900 into a GC, they didnt do this alot and had to call manager for help).
eBay seller agreed to sell the Ipad2 at low price.
I got extra money for running around finding a Target that accept exchange without receipt (it was the fourth Target that I visited).

neptune192 said:   respdoc said:   

Tell me how is it a fraud???

Either you're joking or highly intoxicated and not sure which is worse...you doing the act or thinking it's ok.

Doesn't really matter...point is, if it wasn't fraud..you could have walked into the store, told them the truth ("I bought this off of some random guy on the internet") and they would accept the return..no problem. I can guarantee that was not the story you gave.

Eitherway...have fun on that slippery slope.

Best Buy has been offering 50 off open box buys and then an additional 25 in some recent weeks. I got a white wifi 16 gb for 425 plus tax.

i would wait for the ipad 3 this feb 2012!

LetsGoMets1 said:   Chances are on BF that the Apple Store will have them 10% off.

This crazy asshole just PM'd me asking why I left him red.
Get a life.

"Message initiated from your tombstone page.

Hey asshole, why the f**k would you give me red for answering the guys question? BF is the ONLY day of the year Apple puts their products on sale. Are you that stupid or is it that you just cannot afford Apple products. "

mainomega said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   Chances are on BF that the Apple Store will have them 10% off.

This crazy asshole just PM'd me asking why I left him red.
Get a life.

"Message initiated from your tombstone page.

Hey asshole, why the f**k would you give me red for answering the guys question? BF is the ONLY day of the year Apple puts their products on sale. Are you that stupid or is it that you just cannot afford Apple products. "
Because he can't read the next post which shows Microcenter is $50 off right now. And he doesn't know that Apple does NOT put their products on sale, the retailers have to do some underhanded things such as Giving out Gift Cards, or Clearancing out the product to show a sale. I wonder how Microcenter is getting away with it.

And I change my mind Apple just issued a discount on Ipads...but it's almost the same price as Microcenter.

Anybody seeing any new deals on an Ipad 2

Target is offering a $75 gift card on a new in store purchase, put I have to pay sales tax (CA). Anything better out there? thx.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014