• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Staples Price Match Policy Changed

From today (11/18/2011), Staples only price matches to select retailers.

The list of select retailers Staples will price match is as follows: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill, Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, WB Mason, and Xerox.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/programs/customerservice/policy_a...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You apparently don't understand the meaning of YMMV. Depends on store/manager/cashier if one can get it for -$10. So yes... (more)

mathfaster (Nov. 19, 2011 @ 1:07p) |

quick question, if Amazon.com selling a GPS for $150 and Staples for 250 + taxes, what will be my final price if they PM... (more)

upengan78 (Nov. 23, 2011 @ 3:35p) |

Staples will charge tax if they have a physical presence in your state.

bozo007 (Nov. 25, 2011 @ 4:13p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That list is pretty comprehensive. Good to know, as I would not have expected a price match at some of those places. Thanks, OP!

MISTERCHEAP said:   Staples Price Match Policy Changed

The list of select retailers Staples will price match is as follows: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill, Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, WB Mason, and Xerox.

Hope they price match to themselves and between B&M and Online.

Is this the list for online price matching only? or are they referring to both online and brick and mortar?

PM at a Staples store is a gamble sometimes, depending on who the manager is. Seems like they make up their own rules

haramkhor said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Staples Price Match Policy Changed

Huh? If online price is different than b&m you can order in the kiosk...

This isn't so bad.

Green for you...I needed this info. I think I can live with this list.

rsuaver said:   haramkhor said:   Hope they price match to themselves and between B&M and Online.Huh? If online price is different than b&m you can order in the kiosk...Not if it has an IN-STORE only SER.

MISTERCHEAP said:   The list of select retailers Staples will price match is as follows: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill, Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, WB Mason, and Xerox.Surprised that they PM "warehouse clubs" (Costco, Sams). Also, WalMart made it but not Target? No hhgregg either.

Staples owns Quill so no surprise there. Useful PM on some items like coffee when Staples has coffee deals as Quill is cheaper.

How do Staples coupons and rebates contribute to the Staples price?
Listed Staples prices are compared to the listed prices of select retailers to determine price matches. Coupons and rebates are not deducted when calculating a price match but may be used at check out for additional savings.

If Staples sell something at $100 with $60 rebates, and OD sell it at $50 without rebate, can I get it for -$10 from Staples with price match?
$100 - $50 PM - $60 rebates = -$10

binghuo said:   How do Staples coupons and rebates contribute to the Staples price?
Listed Staples prices are compared to the listed prices of select retailers to determine price matches. Coupons and rebates are not deducted when calculating a price match but may be used at check out for additional savings.

If Staples sell something at $100 with $60 rebates, and OD sell it at $50 without rebate, can I get it for -$10 from Staples with price match?

See below. Online probably no as the reps know about the rebate. In-store YMMV.

"Will Staples match another company's price when combined with an instant rebate, mail–in rebate, gift check or gift card,or free or discounted item?

We'll match another company's final price after deducting an instant rebate. If another company offers a product that comes with a mail–in rebate, gift check, gift card or an equivalent, we will only match the price you pay at the point of purchase and will not take the mail–in rebate, gift check, gift card or equivalent into account. If another company offers a product that comes with a free or discounted item and Staples does not carry the free or discounted item, we will only match the price you pay at the point of purchase and will not take the free or discounted item into account."

mathfaster said:   binghuo said:   How do Staples coupons and rebates contribute to the Staples price?

"Will Staples match another company's price when combined with an instant rebate, mail–in rebate, gift check or gift card,or free or discounted item?

We'll match another company's final price after deducting an instant rebate. If another company offers a product that comes with a mail–in rebate, gift check, gift card or an equivalent, we will only match the price you pay at the point of purchase and will not take the mail–in rebate, gift check, gift card or equivalent into account. If another company offers a product that comes with a free or discounted item and Staples does not carry the free or discounted item, we will only match the price you pay at the point of purchase and will not take the free or discounted item into account."

Still, that does not answer the question if He/She would get it for -$10

rsuaver said:   haramkhor said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Staples Price Match Policy Changed

Huh? If online price is different than b&m you can order in the kiosk...

but if it's an instore only rebate, you won't qualify for it. there are reasons to PM (ie, avoid shipping charges, need item NOW, rebates, etc.)

What if I find a lower price at Staples?

If you find a lower price in one of our stores, catalogs or on Staples.com®, we'll gladly match the lower price. If an item is marked "clearance", the clearance price is only valid for price match while in stock at the location at which the clearance is advertised.

I have to think this thread contributed to the policy.

As long as they still price match to Amazon.com it's still all good. B&M might have a different policy and depends on Store manager.

wildbottom said:   As long as they still price match to Amazon.com it's still all good. B&M might have a different policy and depends on Store manager.

THIS IS THE CORPORATE POLICY, B&M Manager can't have a different policy than what's below. Print out the policy and SHOW THEM if they refuse a price match that's outlined in the corporate policy.

MISTERCHEAP said:   wildbottom said:   As long as they still price match to Amazon.com it's still all good. B&M might have a different policy and depends on Store manager.THIS IS THE CORPORATE POLICY, B&M Manager can't have a different policy than what's below. Print out the policy and SHOW THEM if they refuse a price match that's outlined in the corporate policy.If B&M manager FOLLOWS policy, they should deny a PM to Amazon.com

Which items and services aren't available for price match?

We don't match our store prices to those on other companies' Web sites.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   wildbottom said:   As long as they still price match to Amazon.com it's still all good. B&M might have a different policy and depends on Store manager.THIS IS THE CORPORATE POLICY, B&M Manager can't have a different policy than what's below. Print out the policy and SHOW THEM if they refuse a price match that's outlined in the corporate policy.If B&M manager FOLLOWS policy, they should deny a PM to Amazon.com

Which items and services aren't available for price match?

We don't match our store prices to those on other companies' Web sites.

sorry No Money,

but for purposes of Amazon, I think you are wrong since Amazon is listed and ONLY operates online (no B&M presence). The logic here is....if Staples.com will match Amazon, and the store must match Staples.com, then matching Amazon seems logical.

the line you are quoting would be a store listed that has a B&M presence to match their .com...i.e. Office Max store versus Office Max.com.

MISTERCHEAP said:   but for purposes of Amazon, I think you are wrong since Amazon is listed and ONLY operates online (no B&M presence). The logic here is....if Staples.com will match Amazon, and the store must match Staples.com, then matching Amazon seems logical.

the line you are quoting would be a store listed that has a B&M presence to match their .com...i.e. Office Max store versus Office Max.com.
You can interpret the policy however you want, but your interpretation is NOT the golden rule.

And if you read what you wrote, you are implying that B&M would match any .com (because they have to match Staples.com who would match the .com).

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   but for purposes of Amazon, I think you are wrong since Amazon is listed and ONLY operates online (no B&M presence). The logic here is....if Staples.com will match Amazon, and the store must match Staples.com, then matching Amazon seems logical.

You can interpret the policy however you want, but your interpretation is NOT the golden rule.

And if you read what you wrote, you are implying that B&M would match any .com (because they have to match Staples.com who would match the .com).

I clearly said Amazon operated as an online merchant only and did NOT imply it would apply to any .com. you don't have to agree with my interpretation, but don't put spin my post to serve your needs, I was specific about the Amazon issue.

jomarrod said:   mathfaster said:   binghuo said:   How do Staples coupons and rebates contribute to the Staples price?

Still, that does not answer the question if He/She would get it for -$10

You apparently don't understand the meaning of YMMV. Depends on store/manager/cashier if one can get it for -$10. So yes, the question was answered.

quick question, if Amazon.com selling a GPS for $150 and Staples for 250 + taxes, what will be my final price if they PM Amazon.com? Will it be $150 or 150 + taxes at Staples.com? Amazon's is free shipping and no tax for me.

upengan78 said:   quick question, if Amazon.com selling a GPS for $150 and Staples for 250 + taxes, what will be my final price if they PM Amazon.com? Will it be $150 or 150 + taxes at Staples.com? Amazon's is free shipping and no tax for me.
Staples will charge tax if they have a physical presence in your state.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014