Stacking Coupons At Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I know you can use up to 5 coupons in a single order at Bed, Bath and Beyond. But does anyone know for sure how the register works if you try to combine 20% off and $5/15? I tried to buy two packs of K-Cups the other day, one was $30 and the other was $13. The cashier told me that I should use 2 20% off coupons and could not use the 20% off on the $30 item and then use the $5/15 because once the coupon was applied to the $30 item, the register would no longer count it towards the purchase amount to qualify for the $5/15. She seemed pretty sure about this so I did not ask her to try scanning the $5 coupon (not sure she would have anyway).

On the other hand, she also told me that if I were to buy 2 of the $13 items, the $5 off coupon would be a better deal than 2 20%'s, which if she knew how to do math she would have realized that 20% of $26 is $5.20 (she did acknowledge that she was not very good at math after I tried to explain it to her for the third time).

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You could have spent $2 more dollars and applied the $5 off 15, but cashier is right, you cannot use it if you didn't spend the $15. And since you used 20% off the $30 item, that item doesn't count in the $15 total.

Thanks.. good point about buying $2.01 more and using the $5 coupon (the cashier did not suggest it). Did not think about that. If I bought 2 of the $12.99 packs, could I use 2 $5 coupons with a $4.02 filler? It's probably a lot easier to find something useful at a higher price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014