• filter:
  • 1 2 34510
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
about ready for another payout. granted, it won't make you rich. but it'll add up to defer shipping or something

rated:
Received this email the other day:

Dear Club Bing Member,

We're writing to let you know that after May 31, 2012, the Club Bing program will be discontinued. You can continue to play games and earn tickets through May 15, 2012. Game play will end May 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. You will still be able to redeem your tickets for prizes through May 31, 2012. Prizes will no longer be available to order after May 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. Please see Club Bing and our updated Terms and Conditions for more information.

Prize selection is limited, so we encourage you to visit the Club Bing Prize Mall early to redeem your tickets for the best selection. Please note that if the prize you selected is no longer available, Club Bing may refund your tickets, or substitute a prize or prizes of comparable or higher value.

As an alternative to Club Bing, we encourage you to check out Bing Rewards and Bing Entertainment.

Bing Rewards: Join Bing Rewards and earn credits when you search with Bing. Credits can be redeemed for Redbox one-night movie rentals, Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards and more.

Bing Entertainment: Play a wide range of free online games on Bing. Choose from word games, puzzles, action games and more.

Thank you for participating in Club Bing,

Microsoft Club Bing

rated:
maybe was just a fluke, but i got 4 extra points for some reason today. i let the auto-searcher run for 22 searches and when i came back to check it i got the 4 extra. ran it some more but it didn't add more. this is on top of the daily 3 extra that's normally allowed

of course YMMV

rated:
ShadowedBlade said:   Received this email the other day:

Dear Club Bing Member,

We're writing to let you know that after May 31, 2012, the Club Bing program will be discontinued. You can continue to play games and earn tickets through May 15, 2012. Game play will end May 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. You will still be able to redeem your tickets for prizes through May 31, 2012. Prizes will no longer be available to order after May 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PDT. Please see Club Bing and our updated Terms and Conditions for more information.

Prize selection is limited, so we encourage you to visit the Club Bing Prize Mall early to redeem your tickets for the best selection. Please note that if the prize you selected is no longer available, Club Bing may refund your tickets, or substitute a prize or prizes of comparable or higher value.

As an alternative to Club Bing, we encourage you to check out Bing Rewards and Bing Entertainment.

Bing Rewards: Join Bing Rewards and earn credits when you search with Bing. Credits can be redeemed for Redbox one-night movie rentals, Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards and more.

Bing Entertainment: Play a wide range of free online games on Bing. Choose from word games, puzzles, action games and more.

Thank you for participating in Club Bing,

Microsoft Club Bing

Bing Rewards for the $5.00 Amazon gift card used to be 275 points for the last few months; now it has been raised to 525 points (hardly time for me to get the $5.00 since it ends on 3/15). What a ripoff? May quit BR over this. I got about $15.00 ($5.00 per month for the 275 points). Now that is out. Really check of BR I'd say...

rated:
Squonk said:   
Bing Rewards for the $5.00 Amazon gift card used to be 275 points for the last few months; now it has been raised to 525 points (hardly time for me to get the $5.00 since it ends on 3/15). What a ripoff? May quit BR over this. I got about $15.00 ($5.00 per month for the 275 points). Now that is out. Really check of BR I'd say...
i don't remember it being 275 points. when i listed it in the OP it was 525 points. the only edit i made to the post was for the date extension. according to the thread title it was a $2.50 gc for 275 points

rated:
Squonk said:   
i just read this again. it ends may 15th, not march

rated:
morecowbell said:   Squonk said:   
i don't remember it being 275 points. when i listed it in the OP it was 525 points. the only edit i made to the post was for the date extension. according to the thread title it was a $2.50 gc for 275 points

Sorry, folks. I was completely wrong, it is 525 for $5.00 and $2.50 for 275. Also, does end in May. My bad...

rated:
Usually takes less than a minute for me. Just pop the search suggestions on the upper left every time it reloads. So you can almost do it as quick as the page loads and you are done. Also the 2 searches seems to just rotate. There are occasional deals so it may be a good idea to build points and just wait.

rated:
For people who don't know if you go to the Discover tab you can earn a few credits just for clicking links and stuff (http://www.bing.com/central/discover?FORM=R5FD#_daily)

rated:
I was told I could use the Amazon gift cards to purchase some apps.

The Refer-A-Friend use to be 25 points per person you refer. Now it's 5 points for each 5 that join.

rated:
ChizzledFrmStone said:   For people who don't know if you go to the Discover tab you can earn a few credits just for clicking links and stuff (http://www.bing.com/central/discover?FORM=R5FD#_daily)this is pretty quick as well. just go to "discover" and then click on the right arrow over the stuff to see if you got all the extra points available for each category

rated:
There was a bunch of new stuff for me to do at discover - I did it a few months ago but was able to get a bunch more points again today from it.

rated:
its actually weird but I am able to get more than 10 points from searches and 3 extra points every day.

I do searches once in morning and get 10 points, then sometime in the evening I do the searches again and get another 10 points. I have been doing this for the last couple of days so its not happening by fluke. I don't know exactly what's happening but maybe the time window for getting 10 points from searches resets every ~12 hours.

Also I logged in with my hotmail account, then did all the searches, then without logging out of my hotmail account, I logged in through my facebook account as well and got few more points.

Hopefully someone else is able to get some more points as well

rated:
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I don't know if this is new, but there are now silver and gold member levels that are very easy to attain. The main benefits are a one time 50 point bonus for achieving silver and a 10% discount on rewards for achieving gold, which means the $5 Amazon certificate costs 475 points instead of 525. These levels are EASILY attainable with a few clicks. I had most of the requirements checked off just based on my normal daily searching.

http://www.bing.com/rewards/levels

rated:
wooben said:   Haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I don't know if this is new, but there are now silver and gold member levels that are very easy to attain. The main benefits are a one time 50 point bonus for achieving silver and a 10% discount on rewards for achieving gold, which means the $5 Amazon certificate costs 475 points instead of 525. These levels are EASILY attainable with a few clicks. I had most of the requirements checked off just based on my normal daily searching.

http://www.bing.com/rewards/levels
yeah, i was able to just go and set a reward as a goal and i fulfilled one of the requirements

thanks for the reminder

rated:
Anyone use a tango card before? How is it? I'm thinking about getting it since it's cheaper than the Amazon card and they say you can turn it into cash.

rated:
few days left, folks

rated:
morecowbell said:   few days left, folks

To confirm, Club Bing is what's ending, not Bing Rewards, right? I was never aware of Club Bing and never saw an e-mail about this.

rated:
morecowbell said:   few days left, folks

To confirm, Club Bing is what's ending, not Bing Rewards, right? I was never aware of Club Bing and never saw an e-mail about this.

rated:
Scrubking said:   Anyone use a tango card before? How is it? I'm thinking about getting it since it's cheaper than the Amazon card and they say you can turn it into cash.

This is on their website (emphasis added):

Tango Card is the only company in the industry that offers this option. You are able to do this regardless of where you live and regardless of the value on your card. We will send you a check for the unused balance on the Tango Card. To redeem the card for cash, just follow these steps

Please register as a member on our site. It's free to do.
Second, click on your Tango Card and select redeem for cash.
The "fine print": It takes us about a month to process a check. We do this to protect against fraudulent use of this service. Unfortunately, fraud has become a major challenge for the industry and this is a requirement for us to protect against improper use of this service.

Once processed we will mail check via USPS which can take another 5-10 business days to reach you.

This feature may only be used once per card - i.e., you must redeem 100% of the remaining value of the card whether it is $3 or $100.

We deduct our admin fee (7%) for this service, plus our postage costs.

Here's an interesting tidbit, you can redeem the Tango Cash for Amazon GCs too. I'm not sure what the exchange rate or the catch is, but if someone else has used it, I'd appreciate some insight.

rated:
You buy the Tango card from Bing and they'll email you a $5 Tango GC

You register the $5 Tango GC on Tango's website and then place the order for $5 Amazon -- it takes them a day to process your order and email you the Amazon GC

Before it probably wasn't worth the hassle to save 2 pts (Amazon was 525 pts and Tango was 523 pts) but with gold discount its 475 for Amazon and 470 for Tango so saving 5 pts may or may not be worth it for someone if they don't mind waiting a day for Tango to process the order

Haven't cashed out a Tango card so don't know about that

rated:
Looks like MSFT is trying to re-invigorate the live.com discounts. Oh how do I miss the 30% off eBay discounts. Nothing like hitting F5 until you hit the eBay discount lottery! I bought some *high ticket* items during those days...

rated:
last day. probably.

rated:
hm. i seem to be getting points for searches (using search bot listed in OP) still

rated:
With the launch of the new Bing (beta), you now can earn an extra three points/day for sharing three searches on your social networking account.

rated:
I wonder if all the points will transfer to the "new" version...and if it will be worthwhile

rated:
Search and Earn. Get 1 credit per 2 searches up to 20 credits/day. Ends 6/30.

rated:
got 10 bonus points for doing this the last 6 months. YMMV of course - but you might wanna look to see if you got the offer

(i hit the arrow next to my username, then went down and scrolled to the right to search for bonus points i hadn't done yet)

rated:
jatan1986 said:   You buy the Tango card from Bing and they'll email you a $5 Tango GC

You register the $5 Tango GC on Tango's website and then place the order for $5 Amazon -- it takes them a day to process your order and email you the Amazon GC

Before it probably wasn't worth the hassle to save 2 pts (Amazon was 525 pts and Tango was 523 pts) but with gold discount its 475 for Amazon and 470 for Tango so saving 5 pts may or may not be worth it for someone if they don't mind waiting a day for Tango to process the order

Haven't cashed out a Tango card so don't know about that

I've redeemed for a Tango Card 2 months running, and cashed it out.

When you cash out a Tango Card, unlike the Groupon $5 cert and other certs, it takes a month for them to convert the Tango Card to a check.

When you do "cash out" the Tango card, they charge a bogus "administration" fee, so that when you do finally receive the check a month after processing, the check is reduced to $4.21, instead of receiving a check for $5.00 --- there's no way to avoid this fee, and I've received the same check amount every time.

rated:
is it me, or is it giving like 15/day now

rated:
morecowbell said:   is it me, or is it giving like 15/day nowChanges every month

rated:
morecowbell said:   is it me, or is it giving like 15/day now15+1 per day, plus 1 for the month.

rated:
got a total of 9 points today

rated:
Got 18 points (15 search, 3 click the picture info squares)...

rated:
weird - it's claiming i got 15 points today. maybe i did half last night when i didn't realize or something

rated:
The Amazon $2.50 GC is only 250 pts, and the $5 GC is only 475 pts if you are GOLD.

That equals a free $5 Amzon GC each month just for logging in and doing the auto searches each day.

rated:
morecowbell said:   weird - it's claiming i got 15 points today. maybe i did half last night when i didn't realize or somethingIt updates randomly. If you over-click/over-search, it might even "give" you more than 15, but later adjusts back. Sometimes, as in your case, it will add less but again, later adjust.

rated:
Anyone having trouble redeeming their Tangocard dollars for a Target physical giftcard? It looks like the only option now is email delivery, which means an e-giftcard, which can only be used online? I prefer a gc i can use in-store.

rated:
In the roughly 2 months since I signed up, I've already received 2 $5 Amazon GC's and I'm one day's searches away from a 3rd.

This is obvious (but we all have those overlooking the obvious 'doh' moments, right? RIGHT?) but, once you've earned enough points, you still have to redeem one reward before you earn Gold status so it's worth it to squander a few (usually 5-20) points on a sweepstakes entry to immediately get the lower Gold status rate on a GC or other reward.

rated:
NightSpirit said:   In the roughly 2 months since I signed up, I've already received 2 $5 Amazon GC's and I'm one day's searches away from a 3rd.

This is obvious (but we all have those overlooking the obvious 'doh' moments, right? RIGHT?) but, once you've earned enough points, you still have to redeem one reward before you earn Gold status so it's worth it to squander a few (usually 5-20) points on a sweepstakes entry to immediately get the lower Gold status rate on a GC or other reward.

That's a good call on a sweepstakes entry. I didn't think of that and just ordered a gift card straight away.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014