• filter:
  • 118192021 22
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thanks.  That's what I did and received a balance coupon back.  Good to know that there is a warning before the transaction completes.

rated:
ANYONE:
If you do not get back what you are supposed to after paying, speak to the manager, he or she will take care of the issue,

rated:
passion124 said:   
c3 said:   If I purchase a $12 item with $5 balance coupon and $10 reward coupon, is the register smart enough to use the $5 balance coupon in full and issue a $3 balance coupon?

If you have the cashier scan the $5 balance coupon first, you will receive a balance coupon..

If cashier scans the $10 reward first, you will not receive a balance coupon.. The register alerts cashier to confirm with customer if it's ok that they forfeit the remaining balance on balance coupon.. In my case when i did this, the cashier cancelled the transaction and re-rang everything and scanned the balance coupon first on the redo.. 

I always "pay" with the Balance Coupon first; let the cashier process the payment and arrive at the new total. Then use rewards for payment with a new balance coupon issued.

rated:
What does everyone here do with receipts? I am trying to avoid creasing them but would like to store for reference anyone got tips?

rated:
davef139 said:   What does everyone here do with receipts? I am trying to avoid creasing them but would like to store for reference anyone got tips?
  RE:
I am trying to avoid creasing them

Keep them flat, you can do it if you cut off the promotions part...
Make a copy...

rated:
davef139 said:   What does everyone here do with receipts? I am trying to avoid creasing them but would like to store for reference anyone got tips?
I keep a month at a time in a large clip (like a clip for potato chip bag) and at the end of the month I roll them up and wrap a rubber band around them.  
Roll them from the bottom up so I can see the date and name of the store -- since I  have a lot of receipts from other stores as well. Toss them in my receipts drawer.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
I keep a month at a time in a large clip (like a clip for potato chip bag) and at the end of the month I roll them up and wrap a rubber band around them.  
Roll them from the bottom up so I can see the date and name of the store -- since I  have a lot of receipts from other stores as well. Toss them in my receipts drawer.

Hmm good idea, I will have to look into ordering some cardboard cores too to make them nice and sturdy. For April I have about 30 receipts from just Staples!

rated:
Fwiw I hold most for 1 month as that's enough for rebate... While I like physical paper receipt, I almost wish they'd default to print offer number only for Ezr, since it does accumulate after a while...

rated:
Cardboard cores?  Use toilet paper cores if you want but that would make them take up more space.
I roll them tightly cuz I want them compact -- and they're pretty solid.
If you only have a dozen or so not a very solid roll but I never have that few

rated:
I always get a "Page Not Found" error whenever I try to buy a Banana Republic/Gap egift card using my $20 Ink Rewards. But the American Eagle Outfitters and the Boston Market egift cards work. FYI

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Cardboard cores?  Use toilet paper cores if you want but that would make them take up more space.
I roll them tightly cuz I want them compact -- and they're pretty solid.
If you only have a dozen or so not a very solid roll but I never have that few

I save each receipt in a large gold plated safe...  So it takes up some room....

rated:
$10/$50 now printing w/ expiration date 6-29-14.

rated:
Seems ominous about the lack of FAR deals since the news of future store closings.   Does anyone recall similar periods of no FAR deals? 

I am due to make the required $30 ink purchase (for the recycling program) around June 20th so I need the FAR deals to recover the $30 expense.

rated:
Stolat said:   Seems ominous about the lack of FAR deals since the news of future store closings.   Does anyone recall similar periods of no FAR deals? 

I am due to make the required $30 ink purchase (for the recycling program) around June 20th so I need the FAR deals to recover the $30 expense.

May and early June can be fallow periods for deals before back-to-school deals start to come into play. People get spoiled. Plenty of weeks in past years with few to no deals. Things can change though, so we shall see if Staples needs to increase sales and profitability changes this BTS season.

rated:
Question about the $30 requirement for ink recycle:

If I bought $100 Amazon gift card and $40 ink, used $30 reward certificate and then credit card, will the $30 be prorated on everything including gift card?

rated:
tomprc said:   Question about the $30 requirement for ink recycle:

If I bought $100 Amazon gift card and $40 ink, used $30 reward certificate and then credit card, will the $30 be prorated on everything including gift card?

It should, but you're playing a dangerous game.

rated:
c3 said:   

I thought rewards can't be used on gift card so the $30 rewards would only go to the $40 ink.  Is it not so?

rated:
niniss said:   
c3 said:   

I thought rewards can't be used on gift card so the $30 rewards would only go to the $40 ink.  Is it not so?

The system will apportion the Rewards across all items on the receipt.  It's a "bug" in their coding because it should NOT allow any Rewards to be applied to those things not allowed by the T&C.  You can do this, but as c3 mentions above, it's not a good idea.  Their audit process has a decent chance of catching it, and if they do, you might get blacklisted, or charged back, etc.  Just behave within the very liberal rules and it won't wreck it for you or the rest of us.  Don't use Rewards or GCs to try to buy GCs.

rated:

Not at purchase time. Rewards prorate when they hit the rewards system. Register restricts the use of coupons/rewards on gift cards. Register does not include amount of gift cards towards any coupon minimums either. It is the one area of register restrictions that is tightly locked down by Staples.

rated:
mathfaster said:   

Not at purchase time. Rewards prorate when they hit the rewards system. Register restricts the use of coupons/rewards on gift cards. Register does not include amount of gift cards towards any coupon minimums either. It is the one area of register restrictions that is tightly locked down by Staples.

But in my example, the register shall take $30 reward check I think

rated:
tomprc said:   
mathfaster said:   

But in my example, the register shall take $30 reward check I think

Yes, not a problem as you have >= $30 of non-gift card purchases. However, you are only buying a net $10 of ink. When prorated on the back-end by the rewards system you still won't have $30 of ink purchases. IF that is your intent.

rated:
How's only $10?

Net ink purchase = (100+40-30)/(100+40)*40 =31.43.

rated:
tomprc said:   How's only $10?

Net ink purchase = (100+40-30)/(100+40)*40 =31.43.

100+40 = $140 of purchases. Total discount =$30. 40/140 = 28.6% of discount is applied to the ink. .286 x $30 = $8.57. Net ink purchase is what you have above or $31.43. Guess it pays to do the math. Would have thought it would have been more than $100. I'm wrong. Actually this would be a good week to buy the Visas instead and make money after the fees on $300 of Visas. That way you really prorate rewards to the gift cards.

rated:
My reward account shows my net purchases got over $500 in early May and I should be upgraded to Plus member soon. It didn't happen. I finally contacted the customer service today and got 2 replies. One said I'm not qualified to upgrade because of the purchases of gift card. The other said my net purchases are less than $300.

So I pulled out all my purchases online and did the math in Excel. (The rough amount is over $1k.) After excluding all the gift card purchases and fees, the net amount is $504. The only purchase which is concerning is a special order about $35. I can't recall what that is, and Staples.com kept showing me "page not found" error. Could that be the reason? But the result also makes think whoever sent me the emails didn't do their jobs right.

I called the customer service again and was told they would escalate the issue to some reward team. Have you ever dealt with similar issues before? Would you like to share your experience? 

rated:
jolapo said:   My reward account shows my net purchases got over $500 in early May and I should be upgraded to Plus member soon. It didn't happen. I finally contacted the customer service today and got 2 replies. One said I'm not qualified to upgrade because of the purchases of gift card. The other said my net purchases are less than $300.

So I pulled out all my purchases online and did the math in Excel. (The rough amount is over $1k.) After excluding all the gift card purchases and fees, the net amount is $504. The only purchase which is concerning is a special order about $35. I can't recall what that is, and Staples.com kept showing me "page not found" error. Could that be the reason? But the result also makes think whoever sent me the emails didn't do their jobs right.

I called the customer service again and was told they would escalate the issue to some reward team. Have you ever dealt with similar issues before? Would you like to share your experience? 

$504 is too close. They deduct internally for things like use of mfg coupons, etc. What exactly I never totally understood. The qualifying amount shown in Rewards is at best an approximation. Net spend excludes gift cards, stamps, and a few other things, coupons, rewards, instant savings. Big difference between $300 and $500. I had a similar experience first time I made premier with what they had internally and I had externally but it was more like $40 and not $200.

rated:
Any luck with getting an expired rewards certs (expired june 30) reissued? It was for 10 dollars. It was for a return that was on my desk and didnt see.

rated:
maddybeagle said:   Any luck with getting an expired rewards certs (expired june 30) reissued? It was for 10 dollars. It was for a return that was on my desk and didnt see.
Rewards should scan in-store up to 7 days after expiration, not sure if online has a grace period.  

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
maddybeagle said:   Any luck with getting an expired rewards certs (expired june 30) reissued? It was for 10 dollars. It was for a return that was on my desk and didnt see.
Rewards should scan in-store up to 7 days after expiration, not sure if online has a grace period.  

Thanks. Don't think there is any grace period online since I tried online yesterday and didnt work.

rated:
I don't think there is a grace period either. I had rewards expiring on 6/30, so I bought something on 6/25 in-store. The balance coupon printed out with expiration date of 7/30 (30 day extension). When I tried to use that balance coupon online for the toothbrushes it came up as invalid..

rated:
passion124 said:   I don't think there is a grace period either. I had rewards expiring on 6/30, so I bought something on 6/25 in-store. The balance coupon printed out with expiration date of 7/30 (30 day extension). When I tried to use that balance coupon online for the toothbrushes it came up as invalid..
  There is a problem using balance coupons online these days. I have a still valid balance coupon I tried to use online a week or so ago and it failed. Called 1-800-Staples and they said to phone in the order to use it. It was still valid. Probably try to burn it in-store next week.

rated:
Call and beg. It works.

As long as the expiry date isn't ridiculously far out (like it expired months ago), they usually will issue you a courtesy coupon or equivalent. Mind you, whenever I have asked them for the extension, I've always purchased something with it right away. I doubt they'll give you a new long length of time of time to ponder your next purchase with it.  So be prepared to spend it on something.

rated:
^ Got a courtesy coupon on my second livechat this morning. Calling didnt work. Coupon was only a week expired.

rated:
I have a Visa rebate card that expires 7/31/14 & I have $5 left to spend.

I lost the card, but have the letter. It has the card number on it.

How can I use this? I know Staples requires the CVC from back. Any idea?

rated:
zmaster said:   I have a Visa rebate card that expires 7/31/14 & I have $5 left to spend.

I lost the card, but have the letter. It has the card number on it.

How can I use this? I know Staples requires the CVC from back. Any idea?

Amazon Payments does not use the CVC. Don't think even Amazon requires the CVC. Buy an Amazon gift card?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014