• filter:
  • 121222324 25
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
illustratedman said:   Hey guys my premier status is expiring soon. I have netted $100 and odd dollars in purchases toward keeping premier. I mainly care about the 20 ink carts perk. Should I make a $400 push for PLUS or forego the $100 and start over next year? Also if I have to start over when or what date does the year's purchases begin netting result

Only if your $100 in purchases includes recent ink purchase then it might be worth making a push but otherwise I'd wait and start in January 2015.  Also depends if you can liquidate the $400 worth of stuff you'd have to buy in the next week.

rated:
I purchased ink in 3 transactions, 2 on June 22 and the 3rd on June 29.  Staples Rewards shows I can recycle 20 carts this month but it looks like Dec. 26 was 180 days.

Am I correct that I should buy ink first if I want to recycle in December?
Any advantage or disadvantage to waiting until Dec. 31st? 
I actually need a toner cartridge and was waiting for 180 days.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I purchased ink in 3 transactions, 2 on June 22 and the 3rd on June 29.  Staples Rewards shows I can recycle 20 carts this month but it looks like Dec. 26 was 180 days.

Am I correct that I should buy ink first if I want to recycle in December?
Any advantage or disadvantage to waiting until Dec. 31st? 
I actually need a toner cartridge and was waiting for 180 days.

The requirement to recycle is $30 or more in ink/toner purchases in the past 180 days.

The purchases from June 22 would roll off on December 19. The purchase from June 29 would roll of on Dec. 26. So unless the purchase of June 29 was $30 or more, your last day to recycle was December 19.

The advantage to waiting til Dec 31 is to prolong the 180 day look back period to June 29, 2015.

rated:
Quick question on using other peoples rewards. I searched and saw an older post that if codes from 2 different accts. were used they would be merged, but it is OK to use rewards from one acct.?

My friend gave me her rewards that are expiring soon because she can't use them and I wanted to make sure it wouldn't merge our accts. or get me blacklisted for using someone elses rewards. Her rewards will be the only ones I am using.

Thanks in advance for any help.

rated:
VegasVegan said:   Quick question on using other peoples rewards. I searched and saw an older post that if codes from 2 different accts. were used they would be merged, but it is OK to use rewards from one acct.?

My friend gave me her rewards that are expiring soon because she can't use them and I wanted to make sure it wouldn't merge our accts. or get me blacklisted for using someone elses rewards. Her rewards will be the only ones I am using.

Just make sure not to give them your rewards number (or phone number), use her rewards number (or phone number)

rated:
597404 said:   
VegasVegan said:   Quick question on using other peoples rewards. I searched and saw an older post that if codes from 2 different accts. were used they would be merged, but it is OK to use rewards from one acct.?

Just make sure not to give them your rewards number (or phone number), use her rewards number (or phone number)

Thanks. I was going to do it online so I guess it's best to sign into her acct and have it shipped to me. Or use online chat and her rewards #.

rated:
Or order at The Kiosk in the store, and ship to the store.

rated:
Don't know if anyone has been using my page to view all your Staples rebate statuses on one page, but the recent change to the rebate website broke my page. It's back up and working again, though I need to work on the output formatting when I have time. http://www.geekandproud.net/staples/

rated:
Has anybody had this happen to them?
I went to make a purchase a Staples store today, and wanted to use my ink rewards and a gift card to pay for it. I was told that Staples now requires a driver's license for all purchases using Staples Rewards. I didn't have my license on me, and ended up not being able to make the purchase. I'm not sure if this really is a new policu, or if this is something that one particular store has decided to randomly implement. Given the recent data breach, I'm not too sure that I want to give them additional personal info.

Any thoughts on insight?

rated:
F123456 said:   I didn't have my license on me
You don't carry some form of photo ID?

F123456 said:   Given the recent data breach, I'm not too sure that I want to give them additional personal info.
What does data breach have to do with this? It's extremely unlikely that the ID info would be written down. Should be just a visual check.

rated:
F123456 said:   Has anybody had this happen to them?
I went to make a purchase a Staples store today, and wanted to use my ink rewards and a gift card to pay for it. I was told that Staples now requires a driver's license for all purchases using Staples Rewards. I didn't have my license on me, and ended up not being able to make the purchase. I'm not sure if this really is a new policu, or if this is something that one particular store has decided to randomly implement. Given the recent data breach, I'm not too sure that I want to give them additional personal info.

Any thoughts on insight?

From the lack of any other mention of it: Store policy not Staples policy.

rated:
No, I don't *always* have ID on me -- not that that is necessarily relevant. They implied that the register would not let them proceed without entering a license number. Seems very odd.  My point re the data breach is that if they cannot correctly safeguard information that they actually need to process payment, it isn't necessarily prudent to provide them with additional personally identifying data.

rated:
RE:
I was told that Staples now requires a driver's license for all purchases using Staples Rewards. 

Does it not stand to reason a check being used be the person on it should have to satisfy the recipient he is the person the check is for?

rated:

Any thoughts on insight?

This approach toward customers will factor into my decision to buy/not buy the requisite $30.00 worth of ink in the second half of January. 

rated:

Any thoughts on insight?

This procedure could have been useful about two years ago when the Staples Rewards algorithm permitted many rewards to be stolen and sold on e Bay.

rated:
Very true, re two years ago... Well, I am very glad to hear that this is NOT a widespread policy, and I will plan to visit more customer-friendly Staples stores in the future.

rated:

Any thoughts on insight?

"Rewards and Recycling Rewards are nontransferable and may only be redeemed by the Member."

http://www.staplesrewardscenter.com/SORC/UserManagement/Login/Re...

This enforcement comes up from time to time but not not frequently. Usually is store specific enforcement. How they identify a member I suppose is left to the store to decide.

rated:
Does the 30 dollars in ink purchase have to be "name brand". They carry Staples Remanufactured for my printer.

rated:
mathfaster said:   

Any thoughts on insight?

"Rewards and Recycling Rewards are nontransferable and may only be redeemed by the Member."

http://www.staplesrewardscenter.com/SORC/UserManagement/Login/Re... 

This enforcement comes up from time to time but not not frequently. Usually is store specific enforcement. How they identify a member I suppose is left to the store to decide.

I am well known by most all at the 3 local stores.
However I always buy and of course use my rewards card and when I pay with rewards  the numbers match so even with a  newby never is there an issue

rated:
maddybeagle said:   Does the 30 dollars in ink purchase have to be "name brand". They carry Staples Remanufactured for my printer.
  "Each Member is eligible to receive Ink Recycling Rewards ("Recycling Rewards") on ink recycling, as defined below, performed at Staples stores or online at Staples.com/rewards, if the Member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days."

Nothing in terms about ink having to be a brand name ink.

rated:
DELETE

rated:
Does anyone have any Staples Rewards they wish to sell? I will pay face value for them - Please PM me! Thanks.

rated:
Ick. Looks like they've merged the rewards site with the main Staples website. Anybody know where the coupon wallet is now? I had a in-store coupon I'd like to use...

Nevermind, I'm blind...it is there in the middle of the page.

rated:
This might actually be a good thing. Hopefully they've fully integrated it with purchasing, so we no longer have to wait for 2-5 days for them to update the previously-completely-separate rewards tracking system. One could hope...

rated:
scripta said:   This might actually be a good thing. Hopefully they've fully integrated it with purchasing, so we no longer have to wait for 2-5 days for them to update the previously-completely-separate rewards tracking system. One could hope...
  They have not. Right now (1/21/15) rewards are reporderdly updated till 1/19, but in reality do not reflect purchases placed on 1/17 and after.

rated:
FatMember said:   
scripta said:   This might actually be a good thing. Hopefully they've fully integrated it with purchasing, so we no longer have to wait for 2-5 days for them to update the previously-completely-separate rewards tracking system. One could hope...
  They have not. Right now (1/21/15) rewards are reporderdly updated till 1/19, but in reality do not reflect purchases placed on 1/17 and after.

Good to know this, thanks

rated:
It's tough to find much at Staples that you can buy at a reasonable price to actually unload these rewards. In this thread, people talk about free after rebate items. But, the consensus seems to be that those have died down over the course of time.

My goal is to buy consumables. Preferably food that has some reasonable nutritional value. I guess you just have to wait until something is on sale at your grocery store and then go into Staples and get them to price match, and then unload Staples rewards on it? I just hate having to make store runs for $30 of one food item that is going to take me a year to use up (sometimes have to travel to further Staples because some Staples keep very little food inventory, have to wait for manager over ride, possibly some runaround that they don't price match because blah..). Then there is the problem of them not having in stock...

The issue that I have with unloading the rewards on technology is that a lot of those purchases are a business expense and so it may be reducing my taxable income by using Staples rewards on those.

rated:
I placed 4 kiosk orders on 1/24.  Not delivered yet but the online invoices all show the following:
Item 395319 Jan 2015 S&O Insert
Item 395368 Jan 2015 Tech Trade In
Item 713296 Dec 2014 Naked Wines
in addition to the items I ordered.  Price and quantity on the above is 0.

odd...

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I placed 4 kiosk orders on 1/24.  Not delivered yet but the online invoices all show the following:

odd...

These are the ads they put in the box.

rated:
FatMember said:   
my4mainecoons said:   I placed 4 kiosk orders on 1/24.  Not delivered yet but the online invoices all show the following:

odd...

These are the ads they put in the box.

which may or may not actually be put in the box.

rated:
definitely not in the boxes.  I order cases of paper and they arrive au naturale.

rated:
Just got an update email from Staples concerning new perks for Rewards account. Plus accounts get $25 in free Copy and Print services, and Premier get $50 in free Copy and Print services each year.

rated:
Silverthunder said:   It's tough to find much at Staples that you can buy at a reasonable price to actually unload these rewards.

Actually... look online and they have quite a lot. Price-match whatever you need to Amazon, and you can get quite a variety of items at not a bad price. The key is searching through their expanded online selection. They carry a lot of things that you wouldn't automatically assume Staples would (small appliances, tools, home goods, electronic items...)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015