• filter:
  • 119202122 23
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
mathfaster said:   
VegasVegan said:   I have a question about instant discounts. Bought a printer (reg $150) with a $50 instant discount and some ink so I could return old carts. On the receipt it shows printer $99 and underneath instant savings $50, Then the ink is listed at full price.

When I went into my rewards it shows that they split the instant savings between the two products ($40 for printer and $10 for ink) and that lowers my ink to less that $30. Is that how it normally works? Or should I call and try to get it adjusted?

† Rewards system is screwed up and that is how it works unfortunately. They cannot adjust the transaction in Rewards. You have 3 choices. 1. Do a return and then rebuy - could screw things up as well. 2. Buy more ink to get over $30 or 3. Contact them every month to get rewards due to Rewards screwed up proration of instant savings.

† LOL isn't #3 a sure sign of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Thanks MathFaster. Lesson learned.

rated:
You are always better off buying the ink as a separate transaction if there is any discount or coupons involved. Keeps life simpler and more predictable.

rated:
I bought a Staples item that came with a rebate. The card is now expired by a month. Any chance customer service will give me a new one?

rated:
walawala324 said:   I bought a Staples item that came with a rebate. The card is now expired by a month. Any chance customer service will give me a new one?
† See this link:†http://articles.courant.com/2013-07-27/business/hc-bottom-line-r...

From a post on that other forum:†"Issue with Staples cardStaples rebate card expired, I know, it was overlooked.

So two days after it expired I emailed asking for it to be reissued and they want $6.50 to do that. Should they charge to reissue an expired card? I can see that for a lost one, but not simply expired."

rated:
walawala324 said:   I bought a Staples item that came with a rebate. The card is now expired by a month. Any chance customer service will give me a new one?
† What was expired, the rebate you got or the offer of the rebate?

rated:
mathfaster said:   So two days after it expired I emailed asking for it to be reissued and they want $6.50 to do that. Should they charge to reissue an expired card? I can see that for a lost one, but not simply expired."Yes, they should - it's not their fault that users can't follow instructions...and there are (some) expenses involved in reissuing a card.

rated:
If one has Premier for the year, any reason to be using one's Rewards card for the rest of the year-- for anything other than ink purchases?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   If one has Premier for the year, any reason to be using one's Rewards card for the rest of the year-- for anything other than ink purchases?
† Obviously for ink cart recycling. IF you want 5% monthly rewards on purchases you would want to use it. Free shipping below $19? for online purchases. Premier special events in the store Purchase tracking via Rewards site for future reference.

rated:
ok.† I guess its still worth something... although I haven't seen a special premier event in-store in a loong time.† Back when they had them it was simply that we got in the store an hour before opening.
I've been receiving snail mail coupons ($10/$20) to address w/o Rewards card and when I use those coupons I haven't been using Rewards card.† Since the purchases are only $20 the 5% isn't a big deal.

rated:
When will augusts' rewards be available?

rated:
chatterbox22 said:   When will augusts' rewards be available?
† Sign out of your Rewards account and read the left side of the page.

rated:
Rewards now expire after 2 months rather than 3. †Has everyone seen this?

rated:
BWS said:   Rewards now expire after 2 months rather than 3. †Has everyone seen this?
Staples announced the new expiration dates late in July and went into effect on 08/01/2014. The rewards earned in August and paid out September are the first impacted by the new expiration dates.

• Rewards expire the last day of the month following the month in which they are issued and cannot be redeemed after the expiration date.

rated:
Hello

I last bought ink on 6.8.2014
Do I need ti buy more this month to keep the 20 ink rewards going?

rated:
I bought 2 laptops in mid August online, did not use the rewards number at the time, can I still add them now for the 5% rewards?
My August rewards are here now.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   Hello

† The requirement to earn recycling rewards with Staples is to have purchased $30 or more of ink/toner in the past 180 days: June 8th + 180 days covers into December so as long as the purchase in June was $30 or more and there have been no returns you are good.

rated:
bpvh said:   
yesidonoitall said:   Hello

† The requirement to earn recycling rewards with Staples is to have purchased $30 or more of ink/toner in the past 180 days: June 8th + 180 days covers into December so as long as the purchase in June was $30 or more and there have been no returns you are good.

† OK, now I wonder why I was thinking it had been 180 days and not 90...
Old age i take it...

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   I bought 2 laptops in mid August online, did not use the rewards number at the time, can I still add them now for the 5% rewards?

Add them now. They will count toward September:

Staples Rewards Center said: Qualifying Purchases made by the Member but for which the Member's account number was not used at the time of the transaction can be added to the Member account if Staples is contacted with the original 17-digit receipt barcode number from the store receipt or order number, and the Memberís account number, at Staples.com or by calling 1-800-793-3320 as promptly as possible after the date of the transaction, but within the current quarter or the two previous calendar quarters only. Only purchases made by the Member may be added to the Memberís account. Purchases are credited upon verification within five days after they are requested. Qualifying Purchases that have been verified are applied to the Memberís account with a transaction date of the date approved. A maximum of 10 purchases may be requested to be credited per day. Qualifying Purchases cannot be transferred, sold or bartered.

rated:
bpvh said:   
yesidonoitall said:   I bought 2 laptops in mid August online, did not use the rewards number at the time, can I still add them now for the 5% rewards?

Staples Rewards Center said: Qualifying Purchases made by the Member but for which the Member's account number was not used at the time of the transaction can be added to the Member account if Staples is contacted with the original 17-digit receipt barcode number from the store receipt or order number, and the Memberís account number, at Staples.com or by calling 1-800-793-3320 as promptly as possible after the date of the transaction, but within the current quarter or the two previous calendar quarters only. Only purchases made by the Member may be added to the Memberís account. Purchases are credited upon verification within five days after they are requested. Qualifying Purchases that have been verified are applied to the Memberís account with a transaction date of the date approved. A maximum of 10 purchases may be requested to be credited per day. Qualifying Purchases cannot be transferred, sold or bartered.

† OK. Will do.

The reason I do not buy using the rewards at the time is for some reason all orders I do get cancelled...
I called and was told by a very stern lady that surely had testicles I am
coded† as a
coupon abuser....

What they do is, take the order, i get an order number, they never hit the card and the order number† never shows an an order I can inquire about. on line..
In others words, no such order....

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
bpvh said:   

† OK. Will do.

The reason I do not buy using the rewards at the time is for some reason all orders I do get cancelled...
coded† as a
coupon abuser....

What they do is, take the order, i get an order number, they never hit the card and the order number† never shows an an order I can inquire about. on line..

† IOW, the tangible signs of being BLACKLISTED for coupon abuse. IF you move that will go away as they use Billing address for blacklisting.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
bpvh said:   

† OK. Will do.

coded† as a
coupon abuser....

† IOW, the tangible signs of being BLACKLISTED for coupon abuse. IF you move that will go away as they use Billing address for blacklisting.

† The workaround is to buy† online not using the rewards card.
All shipments are to the rewards address, but the rewards is added later.
That works.
Store buys using the rewards card are not effected.
9 out of 10 buys are instore, only online when the store does not have the item.....
Also if I let them (the store) order it for me, using the rewards the orders do go thru...

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
mathfaster said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
† OK. Will do.

coded† as a
coupon abuser....

That works.
9 out of 10 buys are instore, only online when the store does not have the item.....
Also if I let them (the store) order it for me, using the rewards the orders do go thru...

Interesting. Never seen that posted as a work around. Yeah, they never blacklist you from store purchases.
††

rated:
mathfaster said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
mathfaster said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
† OK. Will do.

coded† as a
coupon abuser....

That works.

Interesting. Never seen that posted as a work around. Yeah, they never blacklist you from store purchases.
††

† The issue over coupons was, when you could buy them on eBay, apparently they were photoshopped to indicate good on pc's, all were used on the store, but the register printed
GOOD ON FURNITURE
and the store still accepted them.
I hit them hard to resell, 2 or more laptops a day...
Those were all store buys but they did mark my account as COUPON ABUSE for online and I assume phone orders also.

rated:
KATRINA20142012 said:   i wanted to ask if i purchase 3 times so will the offer will be valid
† If you purchase exactly what 3 times will what offer be valid?†

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014