• filter:
  • 117181920 21
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Did a quick search and didn't find it. Can you consolidate Staples gift cards in store or over the phone? I am trying to get around the 5 card limit online. TIA!

rated:
tbird1706 said:   Did a quick search and didn't find it. Can you consolidate Staples gift cards in store or over the phone? I am trying to get around the 5 card limit online. TIA!

The only way is to buy big ticket item in store them return it. Refund will go back on one card. Don't abuse this method, please.

rated:
I'm about $50 away from getting to Plus for Staples Rewards and don't have anything I actually need there.

If I buy a $50 Panera or Chili's gift card to reach $500 in spending for the year will I be qualified for Plus then?

Thanks

rated:
BWS said:   I'm about $50 away from getting to Plus for Staples Rewards and don't have anything I actually need there.

If I buy a $50 Panera or Chili's gift card to reach $500 in spending for the year will I be qualified for Plus then?

Thanks

no

rated:
Hi all. New to the forum. Am I correct in assuming that achieving Premier Gold status really isn't all that great. You basically get 10% off ink/paper and that's it. I used to earn the 5% rewards on all items, but since January I haven't received any rewards. I called and the nice lady said once I achieved Premier Gold status, the 5% ends and you just get 10% off your ink/paper each order. Thoughts?

rated:
sethjustin said:   Hi all. New to the forum. Am I correct in assuming that achieving Premier Gold status really isn't all that great. You basically get 10% off ink/paper and that's it. I used to earn the 5% rewards on all items, but since January I haven't received any rewards. I called and the nice lady said once I achieved Premier Gold status, the 5% ends and you just get 10% off your ink/paper each order. Thoughts?
  RE:
I called and the nice lady said once I achieved Premier Gold status, the 5% ends

Call again, Staples is like the USPS, each person asked will give you a different answer.
I am premier, I buy ink every 6 months to satisfy the 20 emptys for $2 each every month.
I buy loads of laptops, got $1000.00s in rewards for all.....including the ink and little knick knacks (brick a brack)

But find out why you have not been receiving the  5%

Is your rewards due over $10 a month?

From Staples rewards policy
Rewards earned will be issued online monthly at staplesrewards.com when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly Rewards balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. Rewards are issued online to Members within approximately 30 days after the end of the month when the required minimum has been earned in the month. If the $10 minimum has been met for the calendar quarter, any balances of less than $10 will be issued online to Members within approximately 30 days after the end of the calendar quarter.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
sethjustin said:   Hi all. New to the forum. Am I correct in assuming that achieving Premier Gold status really isn't all that great. You basically get 10% off ink/paper and that's it. I used to earn the 5% rewards on all items, but since January I haven't received any rewards. I called and the nice lady said once I achieved Premier Gold status, the 5% ends and you just get 10% off your ink/paper each order. Thoughts?
  RE:
I called and the nice lady said once I achieved Premier Gold status, the 5% ends

Call again, Staples is like the USPS, each person asked will give you a different answer.
I am premier, I buy ink every 6 months to satisfy the 20 emptys for $2 each every month.
I buy loads of laptops, got $1000.00s in rewards for all.....including the ink and little knick knacks (brick a brack)

Rewards earned will be issued online monthly at staplesrewards.com when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly Rewards balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. Rewards are issued online to Members within approximately 30 days after the end of the month when the required minimum has been earned in the month. If the $10 minimum has been met for the calendar quarter, any balances of less than $10 will be issued online to Members within approximately 30 days after the end of the calendar quarter.

Ok, so i just called and spoke to a rewards customer service rep.  He told me that once I hit 'Premier Gold' status, I no longer get the 5% back in rewards.  In fact, what I get is 10% off instantly on any product through Staples.  So, I guess that's ok - it was just more fun to receive the rewards monthly and decide how you were going to spend them.  -ha-  I appreciate your response. 

note:  Couldn't I just get a new acct/ and a new rewards # and start over? 

rated:
sethjustin said:   
Ok, so i just called and spoke to a rewards customer service rep.  He told me that once I hit 'Premier Gold' status, I no longer get the 5% back in rewards.  

Staples Rewards program tiers... directly from the source.

rated:
sethjustin said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
  RE:

Ok, so i just called and spoke to a rewards customer service rep.  He told me that once I hit 'Premier Gold' status, I no longer get the 5% back in rewards.  In fact, what I get is 10% off instantly on any product through Staples.  So, I guess that's ok - it was just more fun to receive the rewards monthly and decide how you were going to spend them.  -ha-  I appreciate your response. 

note:  Couldn't I just get a new acct/ and a new rewards # and start over? 

RE:
  In fact, what I get is 10% off instantly on any product through Staples.   

Wow, I wish I did.... that is double the current 5% we all get.

RE:
Couldn't I just get a new acct/ and a new rewards # and start over? 

It may work for a while, they have ways of finding out if you already have an account

rated:
labboypro said:   Staples Rewards program tiers... directly from the source.
Premier Gold is not covered in the chart.

rated:
c3 said:   
labboypro said:   Staples Rewards program tiers... directly from the source.
Premier Gold is not covered in the chart.

Link to
Premier Gold
please

rated:
Well, it was too good to be true. From what I can tell, you only get the 10% off on paper/ink/printing. In doing that, you sacrifice the 5% savings in every other category. I tried several different products, and they all rang up at the stated price w/o the 10% off. So the rep misled me. Does anyone at the Staples Rewards program know what's going on? I'm beginning to believe the answer is a big fat 'NO'. I guess the 'Premier Gold' program is steered more towards those of us who spend the most on paper/toner. But I'm still of the belief that once I hit the 'Gold' status, I lost out.

rated:
sethjustin said:   Well, it was too good to be true. From what I can tell, you only get the 10% off on paper/ink/printing. In doing that, you sacrifice the 5% savings in every other category. I tried several different products, and they all rang up at the stated price w/o the 10% off. So the rep misled me. Does anyone at the Staples Rewards program know what's going on? I'm beginning to believe the answer is a big fat 'NO'. I guess the 'Premier Gold' program is steered more towards those of us who spend the most on paper/toner. But I'm still of the belief that once I hit the 'Gold' status, I lost out.
  If you are Gold don't you get an account manager? I was under the impression that before they converted you to Gold you had a choice to accept the status or decline it. 

rated:
mathfaster said:   
sethjustin said:   Well, it was too good to be true. From what I can tell, you only get the 10% off on paper/ink/printing. In doing that, you sacrifice the 5% savings in every other category. I tried several different products, and they all rang up at the stated price w/o the 10% off. So the rep misled me. Does anyone at the Staples Rewards program know what's going on? I'm beginning to believe the answer is a big fat 'NO'. I guess the 'Premier Gold' program is steered more towards those of us who spend the most on paper/toner. But I'm still of the belief that once I hit the 'Gold' status, I lost out.
  If you are Gold don't you get an account manager? I was under the impression that before they converted you to Gold you had a choice to accept the status or decline it. 

I do have a dedicated account manger.  I didn't receive any notice before I went to Gold status - I think once you go past the dollar amt, you are opted into the program.   One of the odd things is that I've been 'Premier Gold' for over 2 1/2 years, but it was only in November 2013 that I stopped getting the 5% on other categories.  I tried to explain that to the rewards rep, but to no avail. 

rated:
What in the world in Staples thinking to stop giving the 5% rewards?

rated:
mathfaster said:   
BWS said:   I'm about $50 away from getting to Plus for Staples Rewards and don't have anything I actually need there.

Thanks

no

ROFL -- if gift cards applied towards plus / premier, there wouldn't be a need to buy all the FAR crap every week  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014