• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
This week I may have reached the $1K spend for 2016. 
In theory that means I have Premier for 2016 but I thought I read something about "rolling" status-- having to have spent $1K in the previous 12 mo to have Premier for the current month.
Am I mis-remembering?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   This week I may have reached the $1K spend for 2016. 
In theory that means I have Premier for 2016 but I thought I read something about "rolling" status-- having to have spent $1K in the previous 12 mo to have Premier for the current month.
Am I mis-remembering?

Nope. It's rolling 12 month status but if you hit $1k in 2015 assuming your were premier in 2014 then it was the next 12 months anyway based on old rules so I don't think it matters. Change went into effect Feb/Mar of 2015. There are no data points so no one knows how it works in practice and they are thinking about going back to fixed calendar but haven't as yet. It's Staples.

rated:
Did they just change the rules for the store-issued balance coupon? I just partially used a coupon issued in Dec (expiring 1/31), and the balance coupon also expires 1/31...

rated:
I thought its always been like that.  Balance coupons have same expiration as the original Rewards.

rated:
Oops, I think I made a mistake by redeeming it too early. Should have waited til next week. Nevermind

rated:
scripta said:   Oops, I think I made a mistake by redeeming it too early. Should have waited til next week. Nevermind

Should be very easy to cash it out this week.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
my4mainecoons said:   This week I may have reached the $1K spend for 2016. 
Am I mis-remembering?

Nope. It's rolling 12 month status but if you hit $1k in 2015 assuming your were premier in 2014 then it was the next 12 months anyway based on old rules so I don't think it matters. Change went into effect Feb/Mar of 2015. There are no data points so no one knows how it works in practice and they are thinking about going back to fixed calendar but haven't as yet. It's Staples.

Wow, this is the first I'm seeing the rolling 12 month thing. Good news is there's usually a lot of good stuff in January/Feb so re-earning it early on in the year shouldn't be too hard. I'm not quite there yet... only at $401 Premier spend so far this year. But really $500 is good enough for me, the only benefit I use is the double ink recycling. The 5% back in rewards is nice, but 3% will do just fine, probably. (3% in rewards + 5% on credit card covers my tax.)

...and I still have 7 more copies of McAfee to buy this week. 

rated:
I just checked 10 rebates on Rebates HQ.  Different promotions, different dates and they all have the same Parago tracking number.
Are other folks seeing same thing?

Also, on 12-7 I submitted rebates for KIS & 5 ream case purchased on same receipt in store.  Only the KIS rebate is on Parago but both are on Staples Rebates.
Staples site says rebates have been mailed.  Thinking I shouldn't be concerned unless I don't receive both cards, right?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I just checked 10 rebates on Rebates HQ.  Different promotions, different dates and they all have the same Parago tracking number.
Are other folks seeing same thing?

Also, on 12-7 I submitted rebates for KIS & 5 ream case purchased on same receipt in store.  Only the KIS rebate is on Parago but both are on Staples Rebates.
Staples site says rebates have been mailed.  Thinking I shouldn't be concerned unless I don't receive both cards, right?

If you are showing only one rebate @ rebateshq for 2 rebates in the same transaction, modify the URL by 1. It's usually the last character IIRC. Don' know anything about same Parago tracking number.

rated:
Well, that's a first for me. Received a $24 rebate card in the mail today. Was trying to match it up against my list, and could only find one $24 rebate that has the "Your reward has been sent" status, and I received it last week.

Was entering the tracking numbers in the Parago system to check the dates, and realized they had the same tracking number. Compared the rebate cards, and they were the same. Same card number, same CVV, same expiration date. Looks like they accidentally sent this one twice. Very strange.

Assuming the rumored demise of Staples Easy Rebates is not true, I am going to start putting my easy rebate ID/order number as the second line in my address when I submit rebates. Should hopefully make tracking them easier. 

rated:
Hi,I wanted to know,if my brother opened an account ( lives in AZ state),can I ( residing in NJ state ) buy stuff and deposit cartridges on his account and also use his rewards. It's like operating second rewards account with address in different state?

rated:
rajiv02 said:   Hi,I wanted to know,if my brother opened an account ( lives in AZ state),can I ( residing in NJ state ) buy stuff and deposit cartridges on his account and also use his rewards. It's like operating second rewards account with address in different state?
  Yes, but it is best to have Bro sign up in AZ and show some activity. EZ to ship a few items to him to establish validity.

Dejavu 

rated:
rajiv02 said:   Hi,I wanted to know,if my brother opened an account ( lives in AZ state),can I ( residing in NJ state ) buy stuff and deposit cartridges on his account and also use his rewards. It's like operating second rewards account with address in different state?

hi I don't know about different states. But in my case my husband once signed up for his company in his name long after I have "established" my account .(at least 5 years) So different addresses and names and all. But once I messed up having him pay for my purchase. Our accounts got combined 😭 I guess they track credit cards.

rated:
Hmm, Thanks for the headup.I have heard of similar cases where they track the credit card and merge reward accounts

rated:
Did something change or did I just speak with a Rewards idiot?
I purchased >$30 in ink in Aug. 2015 and am good for recycling until end of this month.
On January 9 I purchased >$30 in ink and should be good for another 6 mo. 
Site shows only good through end of Feb. 2016.
I know the site often lags but its been a month.
I called Rewards and spoke with someone who told me that any ink purchases between Aug. and Feb. would not count towards the purchase requirement.
Rep said it would only count if I purchased after end of Feb. date.
So, did I speak with an idiot?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Did something change or did I just speak with a Rewards idiot?
I purchased >$30 in ink in Aug. 2015 and am good for recycling until end of this month.
On January 9 I purchased >$30 in ink and should be good for another 6 mo. 
Site shows only good through end of Feb. 2016.
I called Rewards and spoke with someone who told me that any ink purchases between Aug. and Feb. would not count towards the purchase requirement.
Rep said it would only count if I purchased after end of Feb. date.
So, did I speak with an idiot?

I have not seen anything posted that this has changed. 

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Site shows only good through end of Feb. 2016.

That section of the site has been useless for a long long time. Fortunately, the internal rules about the purchase requirements are still accurate.

rated:
A friend purchased ink last week and her date for recycling advanced as expected.
I ordered through kiosk and paid at register on Jan. 9.
I wonder if the connection that broke kiosk/dot com and rebates affected my purchase being recorded.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   A friend purchased ink last week and her date for recycling advanced as expected.
I wonder if the connection that broke kiosk/dot com and rebates affected my purchase being recorded.

Does the ink purchase show up in your order history on the rewards site?

rated:
metsfan said:   
my4mainecoons said:   A friend purchased ink last week and her date for recycling advanced as expected.

Does the ink purchase show up in your order history on the rewards site?

It shows up under my transaction history when I select all transactions but not when I select ink transactions.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016