• filter:
  • 122232425 26
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
AbbaZabba said:   Has anyone got their january rewards yet?
  Yes. They have not been emailed yet, but if you log into your account, they are available for use.

rated:
  Yes. Mine are up.

rated:
  YES

rated:
crap... mine still aren't there. Shows how much I should get in rewards summary but they aren't there. I still have some left from last month. Do I have to use those first?

rated:
AbbaZabba said:   crap... mine still aren't there. Shows how much I should get in rewards summary but they aren't there. I still have some left from last month. Do I have to use those first?

No. You need to use them before they expire, of course, but there is no requirement from Staples re the order in which rewards are used.

rated:
You need to use them before Staples goes out of business. They are closing 225 stores. Dumbest business model ever. Sell office supplies but do it at a price higher than everyone else.

rated:
gooddealie said:   
Silverthunder said:   It's tough to find much at Staples that you can buy at a reasonable price to actually unload these rewards.
Actually... look online and they have quite a lot. Price-match whatever you need to Amazon, and you can get quite a variety of items at not a bad price. The key is searching through their expanded online selection. They carry a lot of things that you wouldn't automatically assume Staples would (small appliances, tools, home goods, electronic items...)

Thank you.  I just bought a frying pan from Staples.
It was under "by industry," "restaurant."

rated:
What happens to all the rewards once it goes under? I guess there will be a fire sale on everything.

rated:
Can a Staples expert help me out? I've been doing ink recycling for years. Last year in Dec I realized I had only spent about $270 at Staples, so I bought an iPad for $279 (used $40 in rewards) to get me over the $500 mark so I would qualify for Plus status and sold the iPad for a slight loss.  However, Staples says I am a Basic level Rewards member. I've emailed them and called them. Initial response was that I only had just over $100 of qualifying spend. This makes no sense to me. I've removed all coupons and gift cards and calculate $505 of spend. The last rep I talked to saw what I am talking about and supposedly escalated it, but I never heard back. This was a month ago.

Here is a Google Spreadsheet of my 2014 purchases (downloaded from staplesrewards.com). I'd really appreciate someone helping me figure out if I'm crazy or Staples is. Dealing with incompetence and/or stupidity is exhausting. How can I get Staples to recognize my true 2014 spend and give me the Plus status? Every month I'm missing out on $20 in rewards.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-b35j8C4mB7NPM0F83_WMZnRBcxWsiLQbnLLE-vZaG0/edit?usp=sharing 

rated:
dukerau said:   Can a Staples expert help me out? I've been doing ink recycling for years. Last year in Dec I realized I had only spent about $270 at Staples, so I bought an iPad for $279 (used $40 in rewards) to get me over the $500 mark so I would qualify for Plus status and sold the iPad for a slight loss.  However, Staples says I am a Basic level Rewards member. I've emailed them and called them. Initial response was that I only had just over $100 of qualifying spend. This makes no sense to me. I've removed all coupons and gift cards and calculate $505 of spend. The last rep I talked to saw what I am talking about and supposedly escalated it, but I never heard back. This was a month ago.

Here is a Google Spreadsheet of my 2014 purchases (downloaded from staplesrewards.com). I'd really appreciate someone helping me figure out if I'm crazy or Staples is. Dealing with incompetence and/or stupidity is exhausting. How can I get Staples to recognize my true 2014 spend and give me the Plus status? Every month I'm missing out on $20 in rewards.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-b35j8C4mB7NPM0F83_WMZnRBcxWsiLQbnLLE-vZaG0/edit?usp=sharing

I had the same problem last year. Staples showed 3 different amounts for my spend (mobile app, and 2 different on the web site), all slightly above $500, but all different. Apparently the only one that matters is not visible to customers, and according to the representative I talked to, it was a few cents below $500. Their system is really screwed up, and I have decided to make sure I am a healthy amount above $500 in the future. The lady on the phone was nice enough to overwrite the system and give me the "plus" status, she felt sorry for me be being just a few cents below the threshold.

By the way, your spreadsheet is a bit off. The $0.20 per recycle are not really  money that you spent. Anyway, try to call again and plead your case.

rated:
FatMember said:   
dukerau said:   Can a Staples expert help me out? I've been doing ink recycling for years. Last year in Dec I realized I had only spent about $270 at Staples, so I bought an iPad for $279 (used $40 in rewards) to get me over the $500 mark so I would qualify for Plus status and sold the iPad for a slight loss.  However, Staples says I am a Basic level Rewards member. I've emailed them and called them. Initial response was that I only had just over $100 of qualifying spend. This makes no sense to me. I've removed all coupons and gift cards and calculate $505 of spend. The last rep I talked to saw what I am talking about and supposedly escalated it, but I never heard back. This was a month ago.

I had the same problem last year. Staples showed 3 different amounts for my spend (mobile app, and 2 different on the web site), all slightly above $500, but all different. Apparently the only one that matters is not visible to customers, and according to the representative I talked to, it was a few cents below $500. Their system is really screwed up, and I have decided to make sure I am a healthy amount above $500 in the future. The lady on the phone was nice enough to overwrite the system and give me the "plus" status, she felt sorry for me be being just a few cents below the threshold.

By the way, your spreadsheet is a bit off. The $0.20 per recycle are not really  money that you spent. Anyway, try to call again and plead your case.

Good point, still over $500 either way.  I fixed my total to ignore the $0.20 recycles.  I'll keep trying.

rated:
At what time did Staples.com go down?

"We’re sorry the site is currently unavailable."

Probably a Hack attack.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015