• filter:
  • 119202122 23
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
mathfaster said:   
VegasVegan said:   I have a question about instant discounts. Bought a printer (reg $150) with a $50 instant discount and some ink so I could return old carts. On the receipt it shows printer $99 and underneath instant savings $50, Then the ink is listed at full price.

When I went into my rewards it shows that they split the instant savings between the two products ($40 for printer and $10 for ink) and that lowers my ink to less that $30. Is that how it normally works? Or should I call and try to get it adjusted?

Rewards system is screwed up and that is how it works unfortunately. They cannot adjust the transaction in Rewards. You have 3 choices. 1. Do a return and then rebuy - could screw things up as well. 2. Buy more ink to get over $30 or 3. Contact them every month to get rewards due to Rewards screwed up proration of instant savings.

LOL isn't #3 a sure sign of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Thanks MathFaster. Lesson learned.

rated:
You are always better off buying the ink as a separate transaction if there is any discount or coupons involved. Keeps life simpler and more predictable.

rated:
I bought a Staples item that came with a rebate. The card is now expired by a month. Any chance customer service will give me a new one?

rated:
walawala324 said:   I bought a Staples item that came with a rebate. The card is now expired by a month. Any chance customer service will give me a new one?
  See this link: http://articles.courant.com/2013-07-27/business/hc-bottom-line-r...

From a post on that other forum: "Issue with Staples cardStaples rebate card expired, I know, it was overlooked.

So two days after it expired I emailed asking for it to be reissued and they want $6.50 to do that. Should they charge to reissue an expired card? I can see that for a lost one, but not simply expired."

rated:
walawala324 said:   I bought a Staples item that came with a rebate. The card is now expired by a month. Any chance customer service will give me a new one?
  What was expired, the rebate you got or the offer of the rebate?

rated:
mathfaster said:   So two days after it expired I emailed asking for it to be reissued and they want $6.50 to do that. Should they charge to reissue an expired card? I can see that for a lost one, but not simply expired."Yes, they should - it's not their fault that users can't follow instructions...and there are (some) expenses involved in reissuing a card.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014