• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Toys R Us now requires ID for ALL returns. Including website returns. With or without a receipt.

rated:
mrsec123 said:   I cracked a $200 window I just bought from Home Depot driving home! help. what should i do? will they give me a replacement?
You could try it, the worst they can do is say no. I cracked a $10 mirror from HD driving home and had no problem returning it.

rated:
AbbaZabba said:   Toys R Us now requires ID for ALL returns. Including website returns. With or without a receipt.
  Yes but TRU cannot stop a return using a credit card.  Period.  It's in the Credit Card Rules.  If you return during the return period, then any credit card transaction must be credited, even if TRE (Not the same company) says no.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
AbbaZabba said:   Toys R Us now requires ID for ALL returns. Including website returns. With or without a receipt.
  Yes but TRU cannot stop a return using a credit card.  Period.  It's in the Credit Card Rules.  If you return during the return period, then any credit card transaction must be credited, even if TRE (Not the same company) says no.

Where in the credit card rules does it say that merchants are required to accept all returns within the return period with no other allowed restrictions for items paid with a CC?

rated:
mrsec123 said:   I cracked a $200 window I just bought from Home Depot driving home! help. what should i do? will they give me a replacement?
  Blame it on the paper boy? 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   mrsec123 said:   I cracked a $200 window I just bought from Home Depot driving home! help. what should i do? will they give me a replacement?Blame it on the paper boy? Or suck it up and drive more carefully next time.
  

rated:
jayK said:   
forbin4040 said:   
AbbaZabba said:   Toys R Us now requires ID for ALL returns. Including website returns. With or without a receipt.
  Yes but TRU cannot stop a return using a credit card.  Period.  It's in the Credit Card Rules.  If you return during the return period, then any credit card transaction must be credited, even if TRE (Not the same company) says no.

Where in the credit card rules does it say that merchants are required to accept all returns within the return period with no other allowed restrictions for items paid with a CC?

  Pretty simple.  Any merchant that takes credit  cards must have some kind of Return Policy (Even if there is no returns).  Home Depot and Target Both publish their return policy in the stores (90-120 Days)

TRE allows HD and Target and TRU to violate that policy and deny a return even if with receipt. (Sorry TRE says no, so you can't return).  That in turn is a credit card violation.  Hence the CC holder now has the right to chargeback each and every transaction due to that policy.  So TRE doesn't affect credit card sales because it violates the T&C that they submitted to the credit card company and hence could open a slew of unfightable chargebacks.  Now if HD said we don't take returns at all then the CC would support them, but they are saying we don't take back sales from people we don't like, the CC companies will not allow that.

Here's a link to the short of it.

http://blog.unibulmerchantservices.com/credit-card-rules-for-ret... 


This TRE policy is RIPE for a class action lawsuit.  I am surprised that this hasn't happened yet.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Pretty simple.  Any merchant that takes credit  cards must have some kind of Return Policy (Even if there is no returns).
So all TRU would have to do is change their stated return policy to say that ID is now required for all returns.

HD's return policy says "The Home Depot uses a refund verification system. All returns are subject to system approval." Therefore if the system does not approve the return, you can't return the item as per HD's policy. This does not violate any CC agreement.
http://www.homedepot.com/c/Return_Policy

rated:
jayK said:   
forbin4040 said:   Pretty simple.  Any merchant that takes credit  cards must have some kind of Return Policy (Even if there is no returns).
So all TRU would have to do is change their stated return policy to say that ID is now required for all returns.

HD's return policy says "The Home Depot uses a refund verification system. All returns are subject to system approval." Therefore if the system does not approve the return, you can't return the item as per HD's policy. This does not violate any CC agreement.
http://www.homedepot.com/c/Return_Policy

You cut out something important and that made it wrong.

And this is what I found on their Return policy which is SLIGHTLY different than what you have
http://www.homedepot.com/c/Return_Policy 

• We require a valid ID for non-receipted returns and returns generated from purchases made with store credits. The Home Depot uses a refund verification system. All returns are subject to system approval
 

No where there does it say CC's will be restricted.  However it doesn't say Gift Cards will be either (Just Store Credits).  


If you look at the high road of the TRE policy, it's really there to catch people who shoplift and return without receipt.  It allows stores to share a national database of people who do this regularly.
But doing it to people who buy on Gift Cards?  Oh please HD, that's too much.
 

rated:
I think you might be confusing two separate topics...your reply earlier was to a post about TRU requiring IDs for returns, then you mentioned that the CC agreement has rules that presumably say a retailer must abide by their return policy. My quote of HD's return policy indicates that retailers who use TRE already have this verbiage in their policy, ergo no violation of the CC agreement.

rated:
I'm saying that They have to say NO RETURNS, not fancy 'our system has to determine it'. Since they allow Returns, they will ALWAYS allow a credit card return. Period.

HD says they only check Store Credit but that's wrong, they check gift cards as well.

ToysRUS says they check ALL returns.  Lets see them try to decline a CC return.

Target says if item is opened OR doesn't have a receipt may be declined.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   I'm saying that They have to say NO RETURNS, not fancy 'our system has to determine it'. Since they allow Returns, they will ALWAYS allow a credit card return. Period.
Source?

rated:
jayK said:   
forbin4040 said:   I'm saying that They have to say NO RETURNS, not fancy 'our system has to determine it'. Since they allow Returns, they will ALWAYS allow a credit card return. Period.
Source?

  Apply to be a merchant, one of the first things they ask you is where do you publish your Terms and Conditions and where is your return policy specifically. And they check back every 3 months to ensure it is still there.
That's about as far as I will go to satisfy a single person's interest.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
jayK said:   
forbin4040 said:   I'm saying that They have to say NO RETURNS, not fancy 'our system has to determine it'. Since they allow Returns, they will ALWAYS allow a credit card return. Period.
Source?

  Apply to be a merchant, one of the first things they ask you is where do you publish your Terms and Conditions and where is your return policy specifically. And they check back every 3 months to ensure it is still there.
That's about as far as I will go to satisfy a single person's interest.

So if the merchant's return policy says that returns are subject to approval by a verification system, the credit card company would tell the merchant that's not good enough? That would be news to the credit card companies that do business with every major retailer that uses TRE.

rated:
As I said you are taking the 'subject to system approval' out of context. It was specifically for people who returned without a receipt. No where else in the return policy does it say that it applies to Credit Cards.
And I doubt the credit card companies would accept 'We will allow credit card returns when we want to'.

As you notice, all the TRE retailers always take credit card returns. How about you prove to me where TRE was used to refuse a Credit Card Return.

rated:
HD says "all returns are subject to system approval". It says this in the same bullet point as "ID required for non-receipted returns" but to me it's pretty clear that it applies to all returns regardless of whether or not there is a receipt, and that's how the policy is implemented in practice. There is no distinction regarding credit card vs. cash sales.

rated:
jayK said:   HD says "all returns are subject to system approval". It says this in the same bullet point as "ID required for non-receipted returns" but to me it's pretty clear that it applies to all returns regardless of whether or not there is a receipt, and that's how the policy is implemented in practice. There is no distinction regarding credit card vs. cash sales.
  Well that's how you interpret it, but until HD Actually pulls a No Return on a Credit Card sale for an item that is otherwise returnable, I won't believe it.
 

rated:
Good info!

rated:
I just left HD attempting to return items that had been purchased for me (no receipt), I called ahead to explain the situation and the person said "simply bring the items and your ID and we will issue a store credit/merchandise card. I did exactly that, drove 30 miles to the store the items were purchased at, presented my ID and was denied and given an 800# to call. I called the 800#, they told me "I could write to them and explain why I need to return the items, and they would respond within 30days" they also said that it was likely my request would be denied and I would be unable to return any items with or without a receipt for the next 30 days period"... This is the 1st time I've ever returned anything to Home Depot.? What steps (other than keeping receipts) would you guys do? Do I write the letter? Or keep the tools I don't need?

rated:
I also stated to them that my intent was to purchase the correct items while I was there in the store... No response.. My last comment was, "You must love your job at Christmas time" lol... Reading the posts, do I understand there are now agencies that track returns on a "global" scale, meaning I have returned items to Lowes a few weeks back.? I received to exploration as to why it was denied...

rated:
eltimberman said:   Reading the posts, do I understand there are now agencies that track returns on a "global" scale, meaning I have returned items to Lowes a few weeks back.? I received to exploration as to why it was denied...
 

Correct, there are companies that partner with most major retailers to store information on who returns what how often (tracked by driver's license and possibly credit card info). Consumers who return items too often are flagged in their database and are denied returns at any retailer they partner with.

rated:
For those who buy GC's from others (eBay):
READ:
I get rejected all the time, even though I have the receipts of my purchases. Here is what I was told. Because I buy many GC's on eBay, they are already associated to another person's DL (ID). When I use it to make a purchase and then return it, I am asked for my DL. When the computer sees that my DL does not match the original owners' DL of the GC, it rejects the return and I get "marked" by the system.

I was told that there is a lot of fraud they contend with and this is one way they are trying to prevent it. THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO USE GC's FROM OTHER PEOPLE.

TIPS:
-Rather than return WITH a receipt, you are better off making the return WITHOUT it.
-Use your spouse, relative, friends' DL to make the return and spread the return love out!!!
-only use GC's from eBay with purchases you don't plan on returning

rated:
theriault3 said:   For those who buy GC's from others (eBay):
READ:
I get rejected all the time, even though I have the receipts of my purchases. Here is what I was told. Because I buy many GC's on eBay, they are already associated to another person's DL (ID). When I use it to make a purchase and then return it, I am asked for my DL. When the computer sees that my DL does not match the original owners' DL of the GC, it rejects the return and I get "marked" by the system.

I was told that there is a lot of fraud they contend with and this is one way they are trying to prevent it. THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO USE GC's FROM OTHER PEOPLE.

TIPS:
-Rather than return WITH a receipt, you are better off making the return WITHOUT it.
-Use your spouse, relative, friends' DL to make the return and spread the return love out!!!
-only use GC's from eBay with purchases you don't plan on returning

  You are aware you don't need a DL to buy a gift card right?
 

rated:
forbin4040 said:   You are aware you don't need a DL to buy a gift card right?The fleabay GCs most likely are a result of returns without receipt ... which require a DL.
  

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
forbin4040 said:   You are aware you don't need a DL to buy a gift card right?
The fleabay GCs most likely are a result of returns without receipt ... which require a DL.
  

They may also be able to determine the GC buyer's identity using their credit card info.

rated:
jayK said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
forbin4040 said:   You are aware you don't need a DL to buy a gift card right?
The fleabay GCs most likely are a result of returns without receipt ... which require a DL.
  

They may also be able to determine the GC buyer's identity using their credit card info.

  Because GC's are not transferable, right? =P ...Even if purchased at Safeway. By the way, where does anything say store credit isn't transferable?

rated:
OGIGA said:   Because GC's are not transferable, right?
That's exactly the point. The GCs are transferable, but the association with original purchaser is not.
By the way, where does anything say store credit isn't transferable?
Store credit is transferable, but if the store credit was originally obtained by someone on a blacklist and you buy something with that store credit, you probably won't be able to return it (unless you "lose" the receipt).

rated:
Interesting, they track who they gave the Store Credits...makes sense but never thought that they would do it.

rated:
I am a contractor I do a large variety of repairs/ rebuild. I spend over $2200 mon after my returns. I return prob more 2x than I buy because I'll buy all of something to shiow the customer some options. The business debit
/ credit cards in my wife's name. I never heard anything about this no recipt and getting blocked. Every single time do a return I would be buying 3 times more. So the cashiers are slick because they would ask me oh are you just swapping this stuff out? I have 15-20 recipts ready for them to enter. They go well let's just make this easier and just put it all on a gift card so u can use it today. I'm like oh that sounds great. Yeah not so great now I'm banned. The dumbest thing is I always. Had recipts and because the store assigns 1 return person they try to cut corners so they can get the line down faster. Who pays for that. I guess I do. The idea that they actually have a return policy like this is a large companies greed. If they have this denial shouldn't your return employees remind people that too many of these u can get blocked. Not once ever has anyone ever said anything about getting blocked. If that was the case the cashier needs to take the time to type in the recipts all 20 to 30 of them. On top of that the descriptions are horrible. Why wouldn't you want to give your customers a clear description and maybe even state returns with out recipts will be blocked. All return policy's say they have the right to refuse or deny a return. I worked in retail management for 15 yrs at 3 large companies and this is exactly why I left retail because of corporate greed. I understand why the cashier wants to cut a corner eventually they could get written up for performance. I think the guy who spoke about its the companies failure to prevent loss vs you are stopping people who do excessive returns. If home depo actually cared they would have a human review each denial with that customer and make a decision after they do a proper review. Because it's not always a shoplifter doing excessive returns it could be an employee training issue. I have plenty of ways to work around the automated denial. I have not voiced my concerns to homedepot customer service yet. By the sounds of it it sounds pointless. The other funny thing is these people who you are trying to stop already have multiple Ids and can work around the denial crap. All that effects is your consistent customers. The other thing I've read is people who were long time customers go to a place where they don't punish people for spending 300-600 each trip and if you are just going to get more things today then they make the customer happy and they increase their sales. On top of that what are u suppose to do if your bank turns off your card because of a suspect purchase and they automatically issue a new card. Which seems to happen to us with someone once a month. I know u can use the recipts but I have to find all the items on litterally hundreds of recipts I have every month. Just like everyone else with a 90 day return policy I hold on to my recipts for 90 days. The other thing I've ran into is the cashier will say oh it didn't come up on the receipt or card so randomly I would return it the next time and then it came up. Again training issue but it's easier for the employees to issue something they know. This horrible policy does not account for any employee errors. So going forward I will make sure they will pay for this stupid policy. I am going up as high as I can with this and I am going to annoy customer service and or the managers and beyond. I will have them explain the lack of employee training now becomes your customers problem. Again while I'm calling 10-15 times a day. I will still be doing what I was doing before because I don't have time to stand there and wait all day while the cashiers try there best to type in the recipts. One of my questions will be how am I being denied for returns without recipts? I had the recipts the cashiers either entered the info incorrectly or told me some bogus info. Why is it that you can only see the recipts with items that show up? All recipts should be on there to show you the cashier took the time to do there job. I'll ask for corporate documentation on what the employees are suppose to inform u on? I would like copies of not the computerized doc that denied me which doesn't show u actual transaction info. Who's to say someone isn't using my id. Can you show me the policy on that? For those of you out there dealing with this. DO NOT TAKE NO FOR YOUR ANSWER! If someone tells you they can do anything or whatever who is there boss. Get first and last names of there is an ext to who your talking to. When you get past the reg customer service corporate puppet. The district and the regional will have a cell phone and an email. Save all of this info. Let them know on the phone you are recording this for possible further review for clarity. I hope I helped someone stand up to this. The more people that fight win or lose you will win because you won't except loss. Anyone knows in retail if you have that customer which I hate but they always seem to get those rules bent. Also don't shop there the more people who go to the hundreds of repair stores it will hit them in the pocket. Durning all of this make sure you buy those cheap gift cards at 50% off face value. Go and buy the items u have recipts for that u are allowed to return or just return the items and get ur full amount back. I'll share what that figure looks like with the people on the phone. Make sure if u get frustrated because ur on hold forever or the associate was rude on the phone. Well that's a customer service issue get you a $50. - $200 gift card for your trouble. Don't give up the fight and I promise you will get ahead and make a difference for others!

rated:
Even though that is a huge wall of text, read it and agree 100%. I would say that 99% of the people they 'banned' where never informed that multiple returns with gift cards or no receipts would be banned from returning purchases in the future. That 'may deny your return' line in their policy is so vague that I smell a class action in the future.

they should post the things about gift card and no receipt returns, and when something is triggered, warn the customer that their next return will not be accepted, so the customer has the choice of not shopping there in the future, instead of being stuck with unwanted merchandise.

rated:
jeff92 said:   I am a contractor I do a large variety of repairs/ rebuild. I spend over $2200 mon after my returns. I return prob more 2x than I buy because I'll buy all of something to shiow the customer some options. The business debit
/ credit cards in my wife's name. I never heard anything about this no recipt and getting blocked. Every single time do a return I would be buying 3 times more. So the cashiers are slick because they would ask me oh are you just swapping this stuff out? I have 15-20 recipts ready for them to enter. They go well let's just make this easier and just put it all on a gift card so u can use it today. I'm like oh that sounds great. Yeah not so great now I'm banned. The dumbest thing is I always. Had recipts and because the store assigns 1 return person they try to cut corners so they can get the line down faster. Who pays for that. I guess I do. The idea that they actually have a return policy like this is a large companies greed. If they have this denial shouldn't your return employees remind people that too many of these u can get blocked. Not once ever has anyone ever said anything about getting blocked. If that was the case the cashier needs to take the time to type in the recipts all 20 to 30 of them. On top of that the descriptions are horrible. Why wouldn't you want to give your customers a clear description and maybe even state returns with out recipts will be blocked. All return policy's say they have the right to refuse or deny a return. I worked in retail management for 15 yrs at 3 large companies and this is exactly why I left retail because of corporate greed. I understand why the cashier wants to cut a corner eventually they could get written up for performance. I think the guy who spoke about its the companies failure to prevent loss vs you are stopping people who do excessive returns. If home depo actually cared they would have a human review each denial with that customer and make a decision after they do a proper review. Because it's not always a shoplifter doing excessive returns it could be an employee training issue. I have plenty of ways to work around the automated denial. I have not voiced my concerns to homedepot customer service yet. By the sounds of it it sounds pointless. The other funny thing is these people who you are trying to stop already have multiple Ids and can work around the denial crap. All that effects is your consistent customers. The other thing I've read is people who were long time customers go to a place where they don't punish people for spending 300-600 each trip and if you are just going to get more things today then they make the customer happy and they increase their sales. On top of that what are u suppose to do if your bank turns off your card because of a suspect purchase and they automatically issue a new card. Which seems to happen to us with someone once a month. I know u can use the recipts but I have to find all the items on litterally hundreds of recipts I have every month. Just like everyone else with a 90 day return policy I hold on to my recipts for 90 days. The other thing I've ran into is the cashier will say oh it didn't come up on the receipt or card so randomly I would return it the next time and then it came up. Again training issue but it's easier for the employees to issue something they know. This horrible policy does not account for any employee errors. So going forward I will make sure they will pay for this stupid policy. I am going up as high as I can with this and I am going to annoy customer service and or the managers and beyond. I will have them explain the lack of employee training now becomes your customers problem. Again while I'm calling 10-15 times a day. I will still be doing what I was doing before because I don't have time to stand there and wait all day while the cashiers try there best to type in the recipts. One of my questions will be how am I being denied for returns without recipts? I had the recipts the cashiers either entered the info incorrectly or told me some bogus info. Why is it that you can only see the recipts with items that show up? All recipts should be on there to show you the cashier took the time to do there job. I'll ask for corporate documentation on what the employees are suppose to inform u on? I would like copies of not the computerized doc that denied me which doesn't show u actual transaction info. Who's to say someone isn't using my id. Can you show me the policy on that? For those of you out there dealing with this. DO NOT TAKE NO FOR YOUR ANSWER! If someone tells you they can do anything or whatever who is there boss. Get first and last names of there is an ext to who your talking to. When you get past the reg customer service corporate puppet. The district and the regional will have a cell phone and an email. Save all of this info. Let them know on the phone you are recording this for possible further review for clarity. I hope I helped someone stand up to this. The more people that fight win or lose you will win because you won't except loss. Anyone knows in retail if you have that customer which I hate but they always seem to get those rules bent. Also don't shop there the more people who go to the hundreds of repair stores it will hit them in the pocket. Durning all of this make sure you buy those cheap gift cards at 50% off face value. Go and buy the items u have recipts for that u are allowed to return or just return the items and get ur full amount back. I'll share what that figure looks like with the people on the phone. Make sure if u get frustrated because ur on hold forever or the associate was rude on the phone. Well that's a customer service issue get you a $50. - $200 gift card for your trouble. Don't give up the fight and I promise you will get ahead and make a difference for others!
 

  The REAL problem here is customers like you and some others here STILL don't get it . Regardless of what you spend yearly or what you think your importance as a contributing customer to HD's bottom line it is customers like you that cost HD to lose BIG money way beyond anything you spend in their stores which eventually costs legitimate customers more .  80% of all HD returns, even if never opened, go straight to salvage as is HD's corporate policy and the corporate policy of many other big box retailers  to provide their customers a quality product as intended by the manufacturers and vendors  of the products they stock in their stores. . You can rant and rave all you want but your complaints are baseless because what you and others are doing is WRONG.  I for one don't want to purchase returns a customer has had rolling around in the back of their truck for a month.so I applaud HD for standing up to abusers who think HD and other retailers are in business to provide you free product rentals.  As a contractor If you can't afford to stock inventory for the options you offer your customers and take the occasional, inevitable loss for unused inventory then you have no business being in business. Instead you think it is perfectly OK to pass that burden on HD and other retailers but you would be the first to rant and rave if your customers did the same to you!
HD and other participating members of the return exchange want abusers to know they are NOT your personal warehouse to "borrow" merchandise to show your clients, or to "rent" their merchandise and then return it after you have used it and your current project is over or to make life convenient because some customers abuse return policies as they lack the professional trade skills to properly plan their contractor projects. HD has a Prodesk that will help contractor plan their product and provide easy returns for overages.
It is unfortunate that some legitimate HD customers who have not abused a return policy get caught up in the return exchange's net but it customers who frequently abuse that you should blame and not HD for trying to protect their customers and ultimately their stockholders.

rated:
cnlsfg:

Why do you consider jeff92 wrong? A professional still has to use the same return desk as everyone else. The 'Pro' desk is not for returns.
And customers always want to see options. A professional also knows that the 3 spigots he buys today at HD might not be there in 6 months. So he can't keep those items in stock as it might not be there for the next customer to buy.

And I would like to see where you got the 80% straight to salvage data. That's Costco's numbers (Because in Costco, anything opened immediately goes to Salvage or anything over 90 days isn't even sold in the store anymore), but I can't see HD which has a much more restrictive policy to have such a high rate.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   cnlsfg:

Why do you consider jeff92 wrong? A professional still has to use the same return desk as everyone else. The 'Pro' desk is not for returns.
And customers always want to see options. A professional also knows that the 3 spigots he buys today at HD might not be there in 6 months. So he can't keep those items in stock as it might not be there for the next customer to buy.

And I would like to see where you got the 80% straight to salvage data. That's Costco's numbers (Because in Costco, anything opened immediately goes to Salvage or anything over 90 days isn't even sold in the store anymore), but I can't see HD which has a much more restrictive policy to have such a high rate.
 

  Not true. If you purchase at the Pro desk you can return items there as well.  Yes items still go through regular returns system but the rules and payment terms are relaxed and expanded. ( ie you can do POs at the customer counter but not the front end.)  We are not contractors, but myself and my employees do purchase and returns for items originally purchased at the pro desk all the time and never have issue.

As for your spigot example, that is a classic example of a contractor not willing to take responsibility for the TRUE cost of running their business, including planning and future uncertainty in selling any stock inventory that they may need that does not sell.  It is NOT HD's responsibility to run the contractor's business or take a loss because the contract cannot properly calculate materials need for a job, or design trends change and the cannot used the materials they purchased months ago or the contractor is an idiot and simply planned poorly. Why should HD eat the cost of accepting unused and often unsalable returns because the contractor's customers did not want additional  spigots at some future point in time. HD is a retailer. They are NOT your distributor or your business partner, If you need that type of business relationship then you need to look for a distributor that allows that type of product buyback. The reason most don't is they know that even distributors have limits and will cutoff contractor who frequently abuse they inventory and buyback policies,

It is no secret here on FW that even with our sale of dealtree (now CowBoom) and techliquidators to Best Buy a few years ago we are still by far the inventory liquidation company in the US. As such we are also the largest purchaser of retailer salvage (Ie Wal-Mart, Amazon, Costco, HD, Lowes, Office Depot, Staples  just to name a few often mentioned here) in the US so I KNOW retailer savage rates. A typical HD sends 80% of all returns to Hagerstown as salvage for several reasons I will not get into here as it is irrelevant to the return fraud being discussed here but if you want specifics you can PM me. BTW Costco salvage rate is MUCH higher at 97%

rated:
I still don't think you have the right POV regarding to contractors as you are on the return side but VERY interesting specs on the return rates of the big box retailers. I don't need specifics as you said you know this from first hand knowledge but just plain damn.....80%. I still think this is inflated but if you have access to their returns to shelf vs to salvage..just damn.

rated:
So, what is the current return policy for HD purchases made at the store? Can someone upload a picture of the sign in the store? With receipt, and without?

rated:
bankdealsrule said:   So, what is the current return policy for HD purchases made at the store? Can someone upload a picture of the sign in the store? With receipt, and without?
  The links provided show the current policy.

rated:
forbin4040;19063234 said:I still don't think you have the right POV regarding to contractors as you are on the return side but VERY interesting specs on the return rates of the big box retailers. I don't need specifics as you said you know this from first hand knowledge but just plain damn.....80%. I still think this is inflated but if you have access to their returns to shelf vs to salvage..just damn.
 POV is relative to your vested interest but as a legitimate HD customer who does not abuse their returns you should know that contractors like jeff92 are return  abusers and end up costing you around 22% more than you would have paid otherwise since HD simply marks up merchandise to make up for the loss  . Bottom line HD is NOT a contractors personal stockroom or distributor nor have they ever pretended to be one.
 
If you want to see what we do with all those HD returns from contractor abusers. We have a dozen regional bi-weekly reseller auctions across the US like this one below and I assure you that the 80% customer return to salvage rate quoted for HD out of Hagerstown is very low compared to the actual rate which does not include vendor directed write-offs. Typical HD salvage sale 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015