• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
doveroftke said:   
cnIsfg said:   2. You obviously can't chargeback something that you paid for with HD store credit so that comment makes no sense in the context your reply to tdkoury who stated they paid with store credit . If the transaction would have been paid for with a credit card there would have never been a denial in the first place. remember that HD and TRE are tracking patterns of fraud.

Tdkoury didn't say how he paid for the current items he has to return, only the item that got him on the blacklist. In fact, he said that he uses a credit card "most of the time". It's not clear from this thread whether the ban applies to items paid for entirely by credit card, though one post does seem to suggest that it does.

~~Tdkoury  clearly stated he/she used store credit for the denied return .

rated:
cnIsfg said:     ~~Tdkoury  clearly stated he/she used store credit for the denied return .

First of all, he/she didn't, though I'll grant you that it is clearly implied. However, my post wasn't about that item, which was a mop bucket. In the last paragraph, Tdkoury talks about "a door closure…needs to be returned. Obviously since I am blacklisted I cannot return it." That was the part I quoted when I discussed the credit card return protection and chargeback possibilities.

rated:
doveroftke said:   
cnIsfg said:     ~~Tdkoury  clearly stated he/she used store credit for the denied return .

First of all, he/she didn't, though I'll grant you that it is clearly implied. However, my post wasn't about that item, which was a mop bucket. In the last paragraph, Tdkoury talks about "a door closure…needs to be returned. Obviously since I am blacklisted I cannot return it." That was the part I quoted when I discussed the credit card return protection and chargeback possibilities.

I not sure what you are reading but  Tkoury went on for two long paragraphs describing a long pattern of returning things without a receipt to get store credit because I did not realized I was being tracked"  
Second HD would not BL him/her unless the item unless their wa a prior history of paying for items with store credit and/or habitually returning items with no receipt documentation.
Third filing a chargeback because a retailer who is still in business that does not allow a return is not considered a valid dispute reason under most credit card holder user agreements. It certainly is not covered under FCBA which is the only Federal law governing card holder disputes.  Disputes are supped to be limited to unauthorized card use or merchant misrepresentation. HD clearly advertises in their return policy accepting returns is at their sole discretion.   Some cards like AMEX have return protection benefits tthat are paid by the credit card company. However even AMEX return protection has exceptions for TRE denials. 

rated:
cnIsfg said:   
doveroftke said:   

I not sure what you are reading but  Tkoury went on for two long paragraphs describing a long pattern of returning things without a receipt to get store credit because I did not realized I was being tracked"  
Second HD would not BL him/her unless the item unless their wa a prior history of paying for items with store credit and/or habitually returning items with no receipt documentation.
Third filing a chargeback because a retailer who is still in business that does not allow a return is not considered a valid dispute reason under most credit card holder user agreements. It certainly is not covered under FCBA which is the only Federal law governing card holder disputes.  Disputes are supped to be limited to unauthorized card use or merchant misrepresentation. HD clearly advertises in their return policy accepting returns is at their sole discretion.   Some cards like AMEX have return protection benefits tthat are paid by the credit card company. However even AMEX return protection has exceptions for TRE denials. 

Tdkoury doesn't mention whether the original denial (when attempting to return a mop bucket) was because he used store credit for the purchase or asked to get store credit for that refund. The difference isn't really material to the discussion, though.

What is material is that Tdkoury didn't say how she/he paid for the door closer he/she wants to return. She/he mentions a pattern of using small amounts of store credit on large purchases, but even if he/she did use some store credit to pay for that purchase (which, again, is not stated), she/he easily could have paid for most of if not all of the value of that particular item with a credit card.

Also, it is entirely appropriate to chargeback for defective merchandise that the retailer won't accept as a return, see Visa Reason Code 53.

rated:
cnIsfg said:   However even AMEX return protection has exceptions for TRE denials. 

Ciation? Because it's not in the benefit's T&C; they might deny the claim because Home Depot should have taken the merchandise back per their published return policy, in which case a chargeback would be appropriate.

rated:
doveroftke said:   
cnIsfg said:   However even AMEX return protection has exceptions for TRE denials. 

Ciation? Because it's not in the benefit's T&C; they might deny the claim because Home Depot should have taken the merchandise back per their published return policy, in which case a chargeback would be appropriate.

And people wonder why HD has to limit returns?  Denial of the return protection benefit due to excessive returns certainly is in the AMEX Return Protection benefit terms.. Call AMEX Return protection claims  @ 1-800-297-8019 if you don't believe they will uphold TRE rejections and deny your return protection benefits If you are flagged by TRE 
As for HD's return policy you are wrong there as well, It clearly states: The Home Depot reserves the right to limit or refuse to accept the return of merchandise at any time and for any reason in the Return and Product Exceptions section of their return policy. Exactly what part of that statement don't you understand?
As for chargebacks ONCE AGAIN  you are wrong. No credit card company is going to approve a chargeback simply because a retailer refuses to accept a return especially when the retailer clearly states in their return policy they have the right to limit and refuse returns. There is NO law that requires ANY retailer to accept returns and give refunds. Do you really believe HD and TRE  and their clients don't know the FCBA regulations? 
Bottom line you like many here are clueless when It comes to retailer rturn policies, consumer chargeback rights and why.

rated:
cnIsfg said:   
doveroftke said:   

Ciation? Because it's not in the benefit's T&C; they might deny the claim because Home Depot should have taken the merchandise back per their published return policy, in which case a chargeback would be appropriate.

And people wonder why HD has to limit returns?  It certainly is in the AMEX benefit terms.. Call AMEX Return protection claims  @ ~1-800-297-8019 if you don't believe they will uphold TRE rejections and deny your return protection benefits I you are flagged by TRE  HD 's return policy CLEARLY states returns are at their dissection and the reserve the right to refuse returns As for chargebacks ONCE AGAIN  no credit card company is going to approve a chargeback simply because a retailer refuses to accept a return. There is NO law that requires ANY retailer to accept returns and give refunds. Do you really believe HD and TRE does not know the FCBA regulations?  Bottom line you like many here are clueless.

Here are Visa's chargeback guidelines, go to page 49 and read the section about defective merchandise. Government regulations or not, return policy or not, it is absolutely a valid reason chargeback, the consumer would be ethically in the right, and the consumer would win in a heartbeat.

rated:
cnIsfg said:   Call AMEX Return protection claims  @ 1-800-297-8019 if you don't believe they will uphold TRE rejections and deny your return protection benefits If you are flagged by TRE.

I called, they said it would be eligible for return protection. I also called Amex customer service, they said that a chargeback would be appropriate. It is you, sir or madam, who is clueless.

rated:
it doesn't matter even when having receipt they deny you. Boycott HOME DEPO

rated:
easy solution here: BOYCOTT HOME DEPO

rated:
uhh.. what's the deal with Home Depot? i tried returning a feit led light bulb that was defective and they denied me a refund or even an exchange!

rated:
macroman said:   uhh.. what's the deal with Home Depot? i tried returning a feit led light bulb that was defective and they denied me a refund or even an exchange!

How much have you returned to Home Depot recently?

rated:
jayK said:   
macroman said:   uhh.. what's the deal with Home Depot? i tried returning a feit led light bulb that was defective and they denied me a refund or even an exchange!

How much have you returned to Home Depot recently?

this year? twice
 last year - around 10 times..

all small items...

rated:
TRE pulls data from other retailers as well, so if your aggregate number/value of returns for all retailers participating is TRE is high that could be the issue.

You can request a copy of your return activity report here:
https://www.theretailequation.com/consumers/ReturnActivityReport...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014