• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Did not see a post regarding this yet, received this offer through my e-mail, and you have to sign up to get the offer at the discover website. This may be moved to credit card forums, but either way I think its a hot deal.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

$5 off $50+ Amazon Purchase
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
never got that email

gangwei (Jan. 20, 2012 @ 3:35p) |

Bump.

george2001 (Jan. 30, 2012 @ 11:53a) |

One more day to use it. Didn't find anything I was interested in for $50, so I hope a GC purchase does qualify.

yoregano (Jan. 30, 2012 @ 4:27p) |

Fine print...

*Get $5 CashBack Bonus only on a one-time purchase of $50 or more at Amazon.com made now through 1/31/12. Purchase amount of at least $50 must be put on Discover card. CashBack Bonus redeemed at Amazon.com will not count towards purchase amount. Only one $5 CashBack Bonus offer per account. We are not responsible for merchant delays in processing transactions. Promotional rewards will be applied to your account within 8 weeks from the end of this offer. See CashBack Bonus Terms and Conditions for full reward program details.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bah, no discover card for me. Oh well, good deal though.

I just received the e-mail about five minutes ago.

hkgfnt said:   I just received the e-mail about five minutes ago.
Me too. Discover FTW!

Even if you did not receive the email, log in to your Discover account and see if there is an option to sign up for this offer.

Should the $50 purchase be made in one transaction only or can it be cumulative through Jan 31th?

akhilageets said:   Should the $50 purchase be made in one transaction only or can it be cumulative through Jan 31th?

From the email:
*Get $5 CashBack Bonus only on a one-time purchase of $50 or more at Amazon.com made now through 1/31/12. Purchase amount of at least $50 must be put on Discover card. CashBack Bonus redeemed at Amazon.com will not count towards purchase amount. Only one $5 CashBack Bonus offer per account. We are not responsible for merchant delays in processing transactions. Promotional rewards will be applied to your account within 8 weeks from the end of this offer. See CashBack Bonus Terms and Conditions for full reward program details.

Doesn't seem to specify whether a giftcard counts...

Whats the best way to stack with Chase freedom 5% back? Buy a $52.27 Amazon gift card with Discovercard? then use this to buy the full price item with the chase freedom?

Blasphemouse said:   Doesn't seem to specify whether a giftcard counts...

Any reason why it wouldn't? I couldn't find anything about this either.....

I am card holder and use it on Amazon, but no email

i just received email

Does anyone know if Amzn payment account payment works?

Still no email here. Also checked on Discover Card and Amazon sites and didn't find anything.
Poo.

Yet again, DC forsakes me. I did not get the $100 or 10% off HDTVs email either. Time to shelve using my 2 cards. Maybe they will send me emails if I do that.

selected card members? I do not receive the email.....still waiting

slackerace said:   Yet again, DC forsakes me. I did not get the $100 or 10% off HDTVs email either. Time to shelve using my 2 cards. Maybe they will send me emails if I do that.

Maybe you need to carry a balance? I never get offers from my credit providers, but I never carry a balance. I keep waiting to get charged for not paying finance charges... =|

KingMongo said:   slackerace said:   Yet again, DC forsakes me. I did not get the $100 or 10% off HDTVs email either. Time to shelve using my 2 cards. Maybe they will send me emails if I do that.

Maybe you need to carry a balance? I never get offers from my credit providers, but I never carry a balance. I keep waiting to get charged for not paying finance charges... =|

I never carry a balance and got this offer (though not the HDTV offers). I don't like I've ever used my DC on Amazon, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I was actually wondering about the discover/Amazon relationship these days because of the "Get 2%(?) CashBack on purchases upto $250 using discover at Amazon at the end of the statement period" (I can't seem to find it right now, but that's what I seem to remember)

Now, with the 5 off 50, I just sorta wish that there would be more details on what's allowed and how soon the $5 shows up. (next statemen, next statment after 30 days? just more info)

I got this email, it had a "click to sign up, no login required."

I carry a decent balance with Discover and I use it on Amzn all the time. It's my default payment method.

I've been happily getting the 2% Disc CB for a while now.

must be targeted, nothing for me

Got the email too.

got the email, bought a $50 Amazon GC, waiting for the CashBack email to come in.

VivYip said:   Now, with the 5 off 50, I just sorta wish that there would be more details on what's allowed and how soon the $5 shows up. (next statemen, next statment after 30 days? just more info)
Updated quick summary with the fine print from my email. It looks like the $5 CB will be credited after 8 weeks from the promotion's end date (01/31/12).

MClamb said:   got the email, bought a $50 Amazon GC, waiting for the CashBack email to come in.

--

I'll do the same, I thought buying Amazon GC would not qualify.

dragoon976 said:   Bah, no discover card for me. Oh well, good deal though.

You posted just to say you don't have a Discover card? Why?

I did not get the email. I am pretty loyal to my Discover Card--I charge $1400 to $2000 each month, but pay the balance off. I didn't purchase anything on Amazon on my most recent statement though. I did most of my holiday shopping in November and definitely had Amazon charges on my previous statement. Maybe that's it.

In my experience with Discover, they always say it takes up to 8 weeks (or similar) to get bonus credits (ShopDiscover or other bonuses), but mine NEVER take that long.

Thanks to this thread though, I logged into my account and realized that I'd not signed up to receive the 5% CashBack Birthday Bonus on up to $500 (my birthday is this month, so I was about to lose out!).

Meant to add that I saw nothing about Amazon offer after logging into my account.

glendacc said:   I did not get the email. I am pretty loyal to my Discover Card--I charge $1400 to $2000 each month, but pay the balance off. I didn't purchase anything on Amazon on my most recent statement though. I did most of my holiday shopping in November and definitely had Amazon charges on my previous statement. Maybe that's it.

In my experience with Discover, they always say it takes up to 8 weeks (or similar) to get bonus credits (ShopDiscover or other bonuses), but mine NEVER take that long.

Thanks to this thread though, I logged into my account and realized that I'd not signed up to receive the 5% CashBack Birthday Bonus on up to $500 (my birthday is this month, so I was about to lose out!).

I never heard of that promotion before, but thanks to you I was able to find it and sign up for it. Thanks.

I got this email, and I got the $100 off an HDTV email from a month or so ago, as well.

FWIW, I use my DC regularly, spending $250-$1,000 per month. I always sign up for the quarterly and other bonus offers, including the recent 2% CB on phone/internet. I've had the account 19 years and virtually never carry a balance.

Placed two orders on two different discover cards after receiving the emails. Both orders contained multiple items and ended up splitting into two different shipments which were billed separately on each credit card. Curious to see if this voids the CashBack, but ready for a fight with Discover if necessary. One of the orders also included an item that showed up as Amazon marketplace instead of Amazon.com. The fine print just says you have to buy it off Amazon.com so curious how that will play out too.
Perhaps should've just stuck with Chase where I get my 5% no matter what the order amount.

Has anyone received an email confirming that their purchase qualified?

Not sure how I qualified for the offer and got the e-mail. I have used my DC may be twice for the last five years? I did recently sign up to apply my DC Cash Back towards Amazon purchase.

I got the email... .. been using DC regularly, but not on Amazon (using Citi Forward for that). And I don't carry a balance on DC. I think DC is trying to compete with Chase Freedom which has 5% CB on Amazon purchases for Q1-2012.... ..!

sara85 said:   Placed two orders on two different discover cards after receiving the emails. Both orders contained multiple items and ended up splitting into two different shipments which were billed separately on each credit card. Curious to see if this voids the CashBack, but ready for a fight with Discover if necessary. One of the orders also included an item that showed up as Amazon marketplace instead of Amazon.com. The fine print just says you have to buy it off Amazon.com so curious how that will play out too.
Perhaps should've just stuck with Chase where I get my 5% no matter what the order amount.

I had the same issue and called Discover Customer Service. They said orders from Amazon Marketplace DO count toward the $50 minimum purchase even though Amazon bills it out separately.

arribasn said:   must be targeted, nothing for me
Same here

CashGod said:   I got the email... .. been using DC regularly, but not on Amazon (using Citi Forward for that). And I don't carry a balance on DC. I think DC is trying to compete with Chase Freedom which has 5% CB on Amazon purchases for Q1-2012.... ..!

Yes I think so too. If you compare the 5% category of Chase Freedom and Discover card, frequently they have the same categoies for the same quarter.

salzburg said:   sara85 said:   Placed two orders on two different discover cards after receiving the emails. Both orders contained multiple items and ended up splitting into two different shipments which were billed separately on each credit card. Curious to see if this voids the CashBack, but ready for a fight with Discover if necessary. One of the orders also included an item that showed up as Amazon marketplace instead of Amazon.com. The fine print just says you have to buy it off Amazon.com so curious how that will play out too.

I had the same issue and called Discover Customer Service. They said orders from Amazon Marketplace DO count toward the $50 minimum purchase even though Amazon bills it out separately.

Thanks! Now I don't have to deal with customer service myself (at least for now )

Squonk said:   I am card holder and use it on Amazon, but no email

Got this when I queried DC on why no email:

"Thank you for your message about our $5 CBB with a $50 purchase at Amazon.com. I appreciate your interest in receiving more CashBack Bonus, and I am happy to assist you.

I can understand that you want to take advantage of this promotion; however, this offer is not available on your account right now. We offer these promotional features from time to time, and they may not be available on all accounts.

Please refer to the CashBack Bonus tab on our website for further details on how to take advantage of all the great CashBack Bonus options that are available to you.

We will continue providing the excellence, value, and promotions that you are used to seeing from us, and we look forward to your continued business.

Sincerely,"

Nothing for me, and I spend a lot of money with Discover throughout the year.

Maybe I've hit them up for too much CashBack recently.

Haven't used my Discover card in a while, never carry a balance, and got the promotion.

Skipping 4 Messages...
One more day to use it. Didn't find anything I was interested in for $50, so I hope a GC purchase does qualify.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014