Best deal on Subaru gold plus extended warranty?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Not looking at starting a thread of discussing if it's woth it or not... But can't seem to find dealers selling at or near cost, or what cost is. Got some numbers for 7/70 but looking for 7/100.

TIA

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
There's definetly some wiggle room on the Gold Plus Extended at least in Ct. I found.
On a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium afte... (more)

AFOBM (Aug. 04, 2012 @ 11:23a) |

I've just purchased a 2011 Subaru Outback with hail damage...could I shop competitively for a warranty on the vehicle at... (more)

moroni45 (Oct. 08, 2012 @ 6:10a) |

The best deal on a genuine Subaru backed warranty:

AutomakerWarranty.com/Subaru

russ9743 (Oct. 21, 2012 @ 8:42p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Prices as of 1/4/2012:

Here are quotes on the Genuine Subaru Gold Plus Extended Warranty Plans you asked about.

The genuine Subaru extended warranties that we sell are the exact same warranties your local dealer sells, we just sell them at highly discounted pricing. Here's some information about the genuine Subaru Gold Plus Extended Warranty plans, and some information about who we are as well. Here is our discounted pricing on all of the Genuine Subaru Added Security Gold Plus Extended Warranty Plans you asked about:

$100.00 Deductible $50.00 Deductible $0.00 Deductible

3yr/45k $295.00 $346.00 $459.00
4yr/60k $495.00 $549.00 $595.00
5yr/60k $559.00 $615.00 $695.00
6yr/60k $649.00 $695.00 $775.00
6yr/80k $825.00 $949.00 $1049.00
7yr/70k $849.00 $935.00 $1035.00
5yr/100k $995.00 $1195.00 $1295.00
6yr/100k $1149.00 $1225.00 $1395.00
7yr/100k $1275.00 $1375.00 $1495.00

Please add: $95.00 for 6 cylinder, $295 for turbocharged, $495 for STi .

Please note that all of these plans are the Genuine Subaru Gold Plus Warranty Plans which are the absolute best extended warranties available from Subaru. These plans are just what the name implies: an extension of the same FACTORY warranty your vehicle currently has, with the added benefits of Trip Interruption Insurance (up to $500.00 for lodging and meals) , Road Hazard Tire Protection, Car Rental Allowance, Towing Allowance, it's also transferable and cancellable. It is these added benefits that make purchasing a genuine Subaru extended warranty a smart move even if your original factory warranty is still active and valid.

The genuine Subaru "Classic Plans" are also available and are priced at $100 less than the prices shown above, for the same term plan. The Classic Plan offer coverage for the Powertrain and Suspension Components, Many Electrical Components and many Air Conditioning Components. While the Classic Plan offers good coverage on many of the items that can get very expensive in the event of a problem, the Gold Plan is really the best bargain in my opinion (especially at only $100 more). The comparison chart states that the Classic Plan covers 957 components while the Gold Plus Plan covers 1723 components. The bottom line really is that the Gold Plus Plan is a really an full and complete extension of the coverage your vehicle currently has, while the Classic Plan offers coverage on most of the items that are currently covered under your original factory warranty.

Please also note that when buying a Genuine Subaru Warranty from us, your total cost is reflected above.
All plans are sold TAX FREE , with NO documentation fee's & NO additional hidden costs or charges what-so-ever. The price you see above is your TOTAL cost.

Who are we and why should you buy your genuine Subaru Extended Warranty from us?

We are a large Subaru dealer located in Massachusetts and are happy to provide our on-line customers with any of the Genuine Subaru Plans at these extremely low prices. Our feeling is that if we can provide our customers with a great product at a fantastic price, you will continue to do business with us whenever you need parts, accessories or anything else for your vehicle. Purchasing an extended warranty plan from us is easy! If you'd like to purchase, simply let me know what plan you'd like and your vehicle's current mileage and 17 digit VIN number. I'll enter the information into Subaru's database and send the confirmation paperwork out to you. Your vehicle will then be fully covered at any Subaru dealer nationwide. Your identification cards will be sent to you directly from Subaru, though your coverage will already be in place and valid. Payment is easy too. We can take your payment right over the phone, or you can use Paypal or a check. It's whatever is easiest for you. I can be reached toll free at (508) 802-9413 or at dgeyer@Mastria.com . You may also want to check us out on the web at www.MastriaSubaru.com

Subaru also offers a 10 payment plan that many of our customers find convienent. The way it works is that your extended warranty cost is broken up into 10 equal payments. Each month a payment is charged to your card until it is paid for. There is no finance charge or additional cost at all for this option. For example: If you decide you'd like the 6 year 100,000 mile genuine Subaru Gold Plus Extended Warranty Plan with a $50.00 deductible , your total cost would be $1225.00. $1225 divided by 10 comes to 10 monthly payments of $122.50 billed directly to your credit or debit card. Again, No fee's or additional costs what-so-ever for this option.

Either way I'll be happy to help you, Thank you again for your inquiry!

Dave Geyer @ Mastria Subaru 508-802-9413

P.S. I don't work for nor represent Mastria Subaru.

FYI - My parents haggled with the local dealer and eventually got them to match Mastria pricing + sales tax.

Huh? Those are retail prices. I got leads on 7/100 gold plus with zero deductible for 1265 and no tax. Also, 7/70 0 for $835. I've got 1495 on first response by many dealers for 7/100 0. This looks to be the actual msrp...

rsuaver said:   Huh? Those are retail prices. I got leads on 7/100 gold plus with zero deductible for 1265 and no tax. Also, 7/70 0 for $835. I've got 1495 on first response by many dealers for 7/100 0. This looks to be the actual msrp...The prices I posted are very competitive. They are not MSRP. It looks like your low prices are for $100 ded, not $0 ded; better confirm those "leads".

These are MSRP:

Dealer Suggested Retail Pricing Schedule

Plan Terms Gold Plus

$0 DEDUCTIBLE
3 years / 45,000 miles $616
4 years / 60,000 miles $820
5 years / 60,000 miles $924
6 years / 60,000 miles $1,128
6 years / 80,000 miles $1,620
7 years / 70,000 miles $1,620
5 years / 100,000 miles $2,040
6 years / 100,000 miles $2,224
7 years / 100,000 miles $2,522

7/70 $0 ded is $585 off MSRP
7/100 $0 ded is $760 off MSRP

hi folks, I am also looking to buy extended warranty for Subaru Forester....I am about 1200 mi from hitting 30k ...so should I be looking for extended warranty ..if so 4 yr 60k looks interesting......

'NoMoneyInMyWallet' what can you offer??

hi folks, I am also looking to buy extended warranty for Subaru Forester....I am about 1200 mi from hitting 30k ...so should I be looking for extended warranty ..if so 4 yr 60k looks interesting......

bigotedson said:   hi folks, I am also looking to buy extended warranty for Subaru Forester....I am about 1200 mi from hitting 30k ...so should I be looking for extended warranty ..if so 4 yr 60k looks interesting......

I can't "offer" anything ... I don't sell the warranties.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   rsuaver said:   Huh? Those are retail prices. I got leads on 7/100 gold plus with zero deductible for 1265 and no tax. Also, 7/70 0 for $835. I've got 1495 on first response by many dealers for 7/100 0. This looks to be the actual msrp...The prices I posted are very competitive. They are not MSRP. It looks like your low prices are for $100 ded, not $0 ded; better confirm those "leads".

Did check - all are for $0 ded... 3 different dealers. 2 in IL and 1 in NJ so far. $835 (plus tax if in the same state) for 7/70 $0 ded. Once I pull the trigger on mine next week, I'll post the info.

You can certainly haggle on these as well. I bought a 2008 Outback XT which has a turbo this weekend. They offered $1375 to extend the warranty to 8yrs/100k Gold Plus and I was able to get them down to $800. There is a lot of cushion on these if you talk them down.

falco said:   You can certainly haggle on these as well. I bought a 2008 Outback XT which has a turbo this weekend. They offered $1375 to extend the warranty to 8yrs/100k Gold Plus and I was able to get them down to $800. There is a lot of cushion on these if you talk them down.

I doubt you got Subaru's Gold Plus. You can't buy Gold Plus on a 4 year old car. Only during it's original warranty, which is 3 years (unless that model had more than 3 years).

Also, AFAIK, the max you can get is 7yr/100k. And that is as low as $1250.

You better double check what you got, as dealers will often sell their own extended warranties, which are only good in their dealerships and are pretty worthless..

rsuaver said:   falco said:   You can certainly haggle on these as well. I bought a 2008 Outback XT which has a turbo this weekend. They offered $1375 to extend the warranty to 8yrs/100k Gold Plus and I was able to get them down to $800. There is a lot of cushion on these if you talk them down.

I doubt you got Subaru's Gold Plus. You can't buy Gold Plus on a 4 year old car. Only during it's original warranty, which is 3 years (unless that model had more than 3 years).

You better double check what you got, as dealers will often sell their own extended warranties, which are only good in their dealerships and are pretty worthless..

The car only had 34k miles. I understand where you are coming from, but I am certain it is the Subaru Gold Plus. I spent more time reading through the warranty information than anything else through the deal. I misspoke though, I paid for the 6yr/100k Gold Plus "Wrap" warranty. Maybe I was able to extend it because the car was sold under the Certified Pre-Owned system.

falco said:   rsuaver said:   falco said:   You can certainly haggle on these as well. I bought a 2008 Outback XT which has a turbo this weekend. They offered $1375 to extend the warranty to 8yrs/100k Gold Plus and I was able to get them down to $800. There is a lot of cushion on these if you talk them down.

The car only had 34k miles. I understand where you are coming from, but I am certain it is the Subaru Gold Plus. I spent more time reading through the warranty information than anything else through the deal. I misspoke though, I paid for the 6yr/100k Gold Plus "Wrap" warranty. Maybe I was able to extend it because the car was sold under the Certified Pre-Owned system.

Hmmm - Not sure what "Wrap" is - I would contact Subaru itself to verify if it's a true Gold Plus, or the dealer is making up their own. Gold Plus is valid at any Subaru dealer in the US.

Now, you bought UNDER 36K. And it's possible the car was actually sold originally in the first few months of 2009, making it still eligible...

However, a 6/100K Gold Plus would go for $1100 at best... You should go back to your dealer as AFAIK, there's no such thing as 'Wrap'

On a side note, if you plan tu use above Subaru of America (SOA) Extended Warranty while travelling in Canada, you will have to pay up front the full repair bill.

You'll have to submit SOA the bill/paperwork in order to get a (partial) reimbursement a few weeks later.

---> I say partial because Canadian Subaru Dealership will charge you full retail price on parts and labor, while Subaru of America will only reimburse you what it pays its USA dealers, ie dealer rates which is about 40% less. So, BEWARE!!! <----

You said that you would post where you got these "supposed better deals." Am I missing it...?

Just bought 6/100,000 ($100 deductible) Gold warranty for $475.00 from Subaru dealer in Los Angeles area in conjunction with purchasing a certified 2010 Forester. Finance guy told me it's "not a profit item" for them rather just a service they provide. Not sure if they'd sell at that price w/o vehicle purchase, but figured it's a good data point for those of you looking to bargain with other dealers. And, Yes I'm sure it's genuine Subaru of America, received the warranty packet in the mail within 5 days of purchasing vehicle.

Where did you buy in LA? Sounds like a great price on the warranty.

Wow, that's a really good price. Can you please post what dealership it is? or PM me when you get a chance?
We just bought our 2012 Subaru Impreza and I looking to buy a Gold plan from SOA

dcaarsys said:   Just bought 6/100,000 ($100 deductible) Gold warranty for $475.00 from Subaru dealer in Los Angeles area in conjunction with purchasing a certified 2010 Forester. Finance guy told me it's "not a profit item" for them rather just a service they provide.

Wow, an honest car salesman? I'm doubtful, but that does appear to be a decent price for the warranty you got. And yes, the finance guy in car dealerships are salesmen, and in fact, in many dealerships that's where the money is made.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/where-does-the-car-dealer-make...

...they are really there to make extra profit for the dealership by increasing interest rates, selling extended warranties and add-ons such as fabric protection and paint sealant....The National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) estimated that 28.5 percent of the profit from selling a new or used vehicle came from F&I.

rsuaver said:   Huh? Those are retail prices. I got leads on 7/100 gold plus with zero deductible for 1265 and no tax. Also, 7/70 0 for $835. I've got 1495 on first response by many dealers for 7/100 0. This looks to be the actual msrp...
Hello there, can you please help and provide info on the delaer selling gold package at $835...Is he in LA ? What is the phone #/name ?

Thank you!!!

Do you know how to quickly cancel a warranty that I have purchased with my brand new Subaru ? I am still within the 30-day period and would like to cancel ASAP.

Thank you!

regisha12 said:   Do you know how to quickly cancel a warranty that I have purchased with my brand new Subaru ? I am still within the 30-day period and would like to cancel ASAP.Umm ... read the warranty for the cancellation procedure?

Think my fine print on my gold plus warranty says you may cancel within 90 days.... Paid $1100 + tax for a 7 yr/100000 with $100 deductible. Stupidly didnt negotiate. Did I get a bad deal?

Looks like a pretty good deal you got since most dealers will only match what they can confirm and the Mastria Suburu guy's prices were posted above in this thread. I can't find any CONFIRMED lower prices, although I'm sure they exist, but probably on a very hush hush basis. You'd probably have to call a lot of dealers all over to find out who might haggle with you to get a lower price.

There's definetly some wiggle room on the Gold Plus Extended at least in Ct. I found.
On a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium after trying 6 dealers the lowest price for a 7 Yr. /70K/ $0 deductible was $ 910 and for a 7 Yr. /100 K/ $0 was $1361 plus sales tax. Remember the 7Yrs. starts from the day you bought the car and added this warranty before the 3 Yr. 36K mi date.
I check'd out Mastria who is a little higher, apparently if you buy in Ma. they don't have tax on warrantys.
I plan to be on the road alot over the next four years. Good luck.

I've just purchased a 2011 Subaru Outback with hail damage...could I shop competitively for a warranty on the vehicle at different subaru dealerships?

The best deal on a genuine Subaru backed warranty:

AutomakerWarranty.com/Subaru

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014