Safeway gas - I saved 70 cents a gallon!

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hey guys.

Late last year my generous co-worker (who has a large family of 6) told me I could use his safeway membership # (basically his cell phone #) to get gas with. Most of the time I used his # I was able to save 3 cents/gallon on gas. I believe one time it was 10 cents/gallon.

On this last trip, I saved 70 cents a gallon! Instead of gas being $3.53/gallon, it was $2.82 a gallon. I got 15 gallons worth on my old 300ZX and it still costed $45.

What does one have to do to get that kind of a discount?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Could have been you used up a good number of your friends points.

http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/RewardPoints-FAQ

How are Reward Points* earned?
It's easy to earn Reward Points* just by shopping at safeway with your Club Card:
Every $1 spent on groceries* = 1 point
Every $1 spent on qualifying gift cards* = 2 points
Every prescription filled** = 50 points

Back to Top How do Reward Points* save money on gas?
Every 100 points gets you one 10 per gallon reward for a single fill-up at a safeway gas station. You can use your points in increments of 100 and use up to 1000 points for a single fill-up:
100 points = 10 per gallon reward
200 points = 20 per gallon reward
500 points = 50 per gallon reward
1000 points = $1 per gallon reward

That was nice of you to steal your friends points. With friends like you.....

OP, have you thanked your generous friend? If you don't want to leach off him why don't you get your own card? There's no charge. Even, if you don't build up any points safeway's gas is competitively priced.

May I have that phone number, PLEASE!

yesidonoitall said:   May I have that phone number, PLEASE!

867-5309

Put any phone number into a safeway brand gas pump and you'll receive not only that person's points, but also you'll get to see their NAME. Makes sure you key your phone number in instead of saying it out loud.

Stubtify said:   Put any phone number into a safeway brand gas pump and you'll receive not only that person's points, but also you'll get to see their NAME. Makes sure you key your phone number in instead of saying it out loud.

RE:
Put any phone number into a safeway brand gas pump

Only if that phone number is tied to a safeway rewards card will it work...

Marlin1975 said:   yesidonoitall said:   May I have that phone number, PLEASE!

867-5309

Area code please?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014