• filter:
  • 119202122 23
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
$328.22 must have been the maximum. I got that and $3.74 from Bear Naked. Makes up for me not reading about the LCD settlement. Interestingly, I got three pieces of spam mail about Kashi urging me to file a settlement (and none from Bear Naked, which I must have found on one of the settlement web sites) so I think the Kashi lawyers were aware that there were not too many filers. 

rated:
Did anyone ever get the Duracell check in the mail?
Its been a while. No way to check status online from what I can tell.
FW thread about this is achieved.

www.UltraBatteriesSettlement.com

rated:
I also got my $5.82 Nutella settlement check a couple of weeks ago.

rated:
I got $328.22 from Kashi and nothing from Bear Naked. I probably didn't file for the latter.

rated:
I got $28.00 from Organix. I'm hoping I get my Kashi check today.

rated:
Not sure why but everybody (including me) who posts that they got 328+ from Kashi is getting a green. Wondering if there is a hitman loitering these forums waiting to go hit the homes of the guys who are admitting the big check.

rated:
I am really hoping I did the Kashi settlement. Can't wait to get home Tuesday.

rated:
Received CA Kashi settlement check today ... $328.22. WOW. Must not have been many who submitted ...

rated:
Sirius called me. Sent in my form and they are refunding my last payment since I was unable to cancel

rated:
I wasn't on this thread yet when kashi came out. Crap.

rated:
Was kashi settlement only for California?

rated:
jmoore6389 said:   Was kashi settlement only for California?
  Yes. Read my OP from July 8, 2014.
mikejensen said:   For California residents only.
The Kashi Lawsuit claimed that Kashi misled consumers by marketing certain products as “All Natural” and “Nothing Artificial” which contained one or more synthetic ingredients. Kashi stands by its marketing and denies it did anything wrong.
The Bear Naked Lawsuit claimed that Bear Naked misled consumers by marketing certain Products as “100% Pure & Natural” and “100% Natural” which contained one or more synthetic ingredients.
To receive money from either of these Settlements you first have to determine if you are a Member of either or both of the Kashi All Natural / Nothing Artificial Food Products Class and/or the Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural / 100% Natural Food Products Class. Members of the Kashi All Natural / Nothing Artificial Food Products Class are those California residents who purchased between August 24, 2007 and May 1, 2014 the specified Kashi Products listed in section II, paragraph A.23 of the Kashi Stipulation of Settlement, available at www.NaturalClassSettlement.com. Excluded from the Kashi Class are Kashi employees, officers and directors; persons or entities that purchased the Products for the purpose of re-sale; retailers or re-sellers of the Products; governmental entities; persons who properly exclude themselves from the Class; and the Court, the Court’s immediate family, and Court staff.
Members of the Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural / 100% Natural Class are those California residents who purchased between September 21, 2007 and May 1, 2014.
A Class Member who has written proof of purchase may seek reimbursement of $0.50 for every purchased package of the specified Kashi Products for which they submit a valid Claim Form with written proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or a retail rewards submission.
A Class Member who does not have written proof of purchase may still make a claim for reimbursement of $0.50 for every package of a specified Kashi Product purchased for which they submit a valid Claim Form but the maximum recovery for those Products not having written proof of purchase will be $25.00.
Bear Naked Class Members:
A Class Member who has written proof of purchase may seek reimbursement of $0.50 for every purchased package of the specified Bear Naked Products for which they submit a valid Claim Form with written proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or a retail rewards submission.
A Class Member who does not have written proof of purchase may still make a claim for reimbursement of $0.50 for every package of a specified Bear Naked Product purchased for which they submit a valid Claim Form but the maximum recovery for those Products not having written proof of purchase will be $10.00.
https://secure.gcginc.com/ksh/login.aspx

rated:
Quite a suprise for those seeking $10-25 with no proofs, and ending up over $300.

rated:
Hey really nice discussion, if it is going to be stick then it would be really great.

rated:
maes6riew said:   Hey really nice discussion, if it is going to be stick then it would be really great.
  You plan on starting a class action against manual transmission cars ?

rated:
Re: Legal Notice of Settlement of Class Action – Rue La La

NOTICE OF PENDING CLASS ACTION AND NOTICE OF PROPOSED SETTLEMENT
MIRABELLA v. RUE LA LA, INC., et al.

You are receiving this e-mail because, on or before May 3, 2013, you may have purchased or received a
Rue La La voucher for goods and/or services that was subject to an expiration date.

A federal court authorized this Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.

Why did I get this notice? A settlement (“Settlement”) has been proposed in a class action lawsuit pending in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts titled Mirabella v. Rue La La, Inc., et al., No 1:13-cv-11392-GAO (“Lawsuit”). According to available records, you may be a “Settlement Class Member.” The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the Lawsuit and the Settlement so that you may decide what steps to take in relation to it.

What is the Lawsuit about? The Lawsuit was filed against Rue La La, Inc. (“Rue La La”) and its parent company Kynetic LLC (“Kynetic,” and together with Rue La La, “Defendants”). The Lawsuit claims that Vouchers purchased from Rue La La, which are used to redeem goods and services, are “gift certificates” and thus are subject to state and federal laws relating to the expiration dates and other conditions applied to the vouchers. The Lawsuit asserts that the Vouchers were sold or issued in violation of state and federal gift card and gift certificate regulations. The Lawsuit also asserts related claims for breach of contract, quasi-contract, and restitution. Defendants deny any wrongdoing and any liability whatsoever, and no court or other entity has made any judgment or other determination of any liability.

Who is a member of the Settlement Class? If the Court approves the Settlement, the Settlement Class will include all persons in the United States who, on or before May 3, 2013, purchased from Rue La La’s website a voucher redeemable for goods or services that was subject to an expiration date. The Settlement will not include Defendants, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and directors, any entity in which any Defendant has a controlling interest, Defendants’ employees, and all judges assigned to hear any aspect of this litigation, as well as the immediate family members of all the preceding referenced individuals.

What relief does the Settlement provide? For each Settlement Class Member who submits a timely and valid Claim Form, Rue La La has agreed to provide a Rue La La Account Credit (“credit”) in an amount equal to the amount a Settlement Class Member paid to purchase a Qualifying Voucher. To receive this credit, Settlement Class Members must certify, among other things, that they were unable to use the paid value of a Qualifying Voucher because of the Voucher’s expiration date. The settlement website at www.rllsettlement.com contains a complete description of the proposed Settlement and what you must do to receive a credit.

YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT

SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM

This is the only way to receive a credit from the Settlement. You may CLICK HERE to obtain a claim form from the settlement website.

In order to receive a credit, you must open or maintain an account with Rue La La no later than 90 days after the Settlement has become final. That date, which will be posted on the settlement website, could be as early as July 11, 2015. Deadline: 30 days after the Settlement becomes final, which will not occur any earlier than May 12, 2015

EXCLUDE YOURSELF

If you exclude yourself from the Settlement, you will not be able to submit a settlement claim. Excluding yourself is the only option that allows you to bring your own lawsuit against the Defendants.

To exclude yourself from the Settlement, you must send a letter by U.S. mail that provides, your name, your address, and a statement that you wish “to be excluded from the Mirabella v. Rue La La settlement.” You must sign and mail this letter to Rue La La Settlement, c/o Rust Consulting, Inc., PO Box 1985, Faribault, MN 55021-6181. The Court will exclude from the class any member who complies with these procedures. Deadline: February 11, 2015

OBJECT

Write to the Court about why you object to (i.e., don’t like) the Settlement and think it shouldn’t be approved. Making an objection does not exclude you from the Settlement.

To object to the Settlement, you should mail a written statement describing your objections (along with any supporting papers or briefs) to the following three addresses: (1) the Clerk of Court at John Joseph Moakley U.S. Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Way, Suite 2300, Boston, MA 02210, (2) Charles J. LaDuca, Cuneo Gilbert & LaDuca, LLP, 8120 Woodmont Avenue, Ste. 810, Bethesda, MD 20814, and (3) Christian J. Pistilli, Covington & Burling LLP, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004. Deadline: February 11, 2015

GO TO THE “FAIRNESS HEARING”

The Court will hold a “Fairness Hearing” to consider the Settlement, the request for attorneys’ fees and expenses of the lawyers who brought the Lawsuit, and the representative plaintiff’s request for service awards for bringing the Lawsuit.

You may, but are not required to, speak at the Fairness Hearing about any objection you filed to the Settlement. You may, but are not required to, hire an attorney to speak on your behalf at the Fairness Hearing. If you or your attorney intend to speak at the Fairness Hearing, you must notify both the Court and the parties’ attorneys of your intent to do so by February 11, 2015. You should mail your notice to the Clerk of Court at John Joseph Moakley U.S. Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Way, Suite 2300, Boston, MA 02210; your notice to Settlement Class Counsel at Charles J. LaDuca, Cuneo Gilbert & LaDuca, LLP, 8120 Woodmont Avenue, Ste. 810, Bethesda, MD 20814; and your notice to Defendants’ counsel at Christian J. Pistilli, Covington & Burling LLP, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004. Hearing Date: March 13, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Hearing Location: Courtroom 9, John Joseph Moakley U.S. Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Way, Boston, MA.

DO NOTHING

You will not receive a credit, you will give up your right to object to the Settlement, and you will be not be able to bring your own lawsuit about the legal claims in this case.

What effect will the Settlement have if it is approved by the Court? If you do not exclude yourself from the Settlement, then you (and any person claiming by, for, or through you) will give up any right to bring your own lawsuit or participate in any lawsuit about the issues in this case. The Settlement releases the Defendants and their affiliated parties from all the claims described here in Section D of the Notice. You may CLICK HERE to view the Notice.

What if I would like more information about the Settlement? For complete information about the Settlement; to view the Settlement Agreement, related Court documents, and the claim form; and to learn more about how to exercise your various options under the Settlement, please visit www.rllsettlement.com. You may also contact the Settlement Administrator via email at info@rllsettlement.com, via mail at Rue La La Settlement, c/o Rust Consulting, Inc., PO Box 1985, Faribault, MN 55021-6181, or via phone at 1-866-898-5092. You may also contact the attorneys for the Settlement Class: Charles J. LaDuca of Cuneo Gilbert & LaDuca, LLP by calling 202-789-3960.

rated:
Konnichiwa! I just noticed the Kirin Beer class action settlement:

kirinbeersettlement.com

This website contains information regarding a proposed class action settlement that is pending in the Circuit Court in and for Miami-Dade County, Florida entitled Gustavo E. Oliva et al. v. Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC, Case No. 13-033620 CA 01.
NATURE OF THE SETTLEMENT

The lawsuit alleges that Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC ("A-B") misrepresented to consumers that Kirin Ichiban and Kirin Light beers are brewed in and imported from Japan. Plaintiffs alleged that these beers are in fact domestically brewed but priced as a premium imported beer. Plaintiffs maintain that Defendant’s actions constitute violations of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Fla. Stat. §§ 501.201-501.2101. Further, Plaintiffs claim that Defendant was unjustly enriched by said conduct.
Defendant denies Plaintiffs' claims and charges, denies that it has violated any laws, and believes that its labeling, packaging, and marketing of Kirin Ichiban and Kirin Light have always been truthful and not deceptive.

THE SETTLEMENT CLASS

You are included in the Settlement if you purchased bottles and/or cans of Kirin Ichiban beer or Kirin Light beer brewed and sold by Defendant in the United States for personal, family, or household purposes and not for re-sale from October 25, 2009 to December 17, 2014.

rated:
Saw a notice at Trader Joe's about zip code collection class action settlement (I'm guessing it followed the Michael's, Kohl's, Big5, and probably a few others). I didn't write down the URL and my memory and google aren't helping. If someone knows the right URL, please post it.

rated:

rated:
No, not the all natural one. The zip code collection one.

rated:

rated:
jayK said:   http://traderjoeszipcodelawsuit.com/
  not sure why they limited to CA though -- maybe stricter personally identifiable info laws compared to elsewhere?

rated:
I received ModusLink Securities Litigation http://moduslinksecuritieslitigation.com claim forms, seems regarding CMGI (changed ticker symbol to MLINK, had reverse 10:1 split). Sorry likely will not apply to those who did not receive but looking for FWF opinions:

The interesting thing is,

1. the online site FAQ https://moduslinksecuritieslitigation.com/Home/FAQ#faq8 gives no indication on my payout, but paper copy has added info that says if 100% claims filed then per share $0.10 !
  2. there is no online submission
  3. paper submission needs proof of purchase (i can probably dig up from online broker) but long fork with lots of validity info to be filled out regarding transactions 7+ years ago

Almost seems like they are trying to dissuade anyone from filing? How to figure out if payuout will be good if not many file? OR will they only pay exactly what is due per share on what they determine?

One golden sentence in enclosed forms say: "Historically the claim submission rate is less than 100% which results in a higher per-share recovery for those who submit qualifying claim" -- the proof of submission form and its details also omits this golden sentence page .....https://moduslinksecuritieslitigation.com/Content/Documents/Clai...

Wondering if going through this will be worth the trouble ... on one hand this seems sneaky way to get aq windfall for the few who really go through this.....

Any opinions?

rated:
invisible said:   
jayK said:   http://traderjoeszipcodelawsuit.com/
  not sure why they limited to CA though -- maybe stricter personally identifiable info laws compared to elsewhere?

Yes, there was a CA ruling in 2011 that ZIP code collection is not allowed during credit card processing. Spawned a bunch of lawsuits.

rated:
Still in Appels?

Duracell Batteries Class Action?

rated:
Have anyone heard any news on the KOREAN AIR PASSENGER class action? On their website they posted that the claim validation and audit process is expected to be completed in 2014.

rated:
Korean Air Passenger Class Action Lawsuit Settlement UPDATE: The appeals from the Court’s orders granting the judgment of final approval and attorneys’ fees and costs have been resolved. The Claims Administrator is currently performing claim validation and audits on claims that were filed. If anything further is needed from you to validate your claim, you will be contacted. This claim validation and audit process is expected to be completed this year and soon thereafter, eligible class members will be mailed their distribution checks and coupons. The coupons will not be available for use until first quarter of 2015.

rated:
BankMan said:   Turns out that "Barefoot running" is not so healthy for you after all and the company, Vibram, who brought the FiveFinger shoes to market will be giving refunds between $20 and $50 thanks to a class action lawsuit.
When the site is live you will be able to apply for refunds online. http://www.fivefingerssettlement.com <NOT LIVE YET>

See article here: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101658879

This settled back in October, when should we expect our checks? Has anyone received anything yet?

rated:
Emergen C came today

rated:
alienjedi said:   
BankMan said:   Turns out that "Barefoot running" is not so healthy for you after all and the company, Vibram, who brought the FiveFinger shoes to market will be giving refunds between $20 and $50 thanks to a class action lawsuit.
When the site is live you will be able to apply for refunds online. http://www.fivefingerssettlement.com <NOT LIVE YET>

See article here: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101658879

This settled back in October, when should we expect our checks? Has anyone received anything yet?

Found this:
Washington Post said: Do the math, and even if a handful of those claims turn out to be invalid, we're talking about refunds of between $8 and $9 per person. Enough to buy a few bottles of Gatorade, but not the windfall originally expected.

And it could be years until the check arrives. Three people have objected to the settlement. Even if Woodlock turns them down, they have the right to press their objection in the appellate court. A lawyer familiar with class action settlements said that typically happens if someone takes the time to file an objection.

rated:
Mrtelevisionguy said:   Emergen C came today
  $36 here

rated:
rickt86 said:   
Mrtelevisionguy said:   Emergen C came today
  $36 here

Got mine, $18

rated:
Just received in the mail a claim form for 2007-2008 and some 2009 Honda CR-V power door lock class action. It includes free replacement, reimbursement for repair, extended warranty. settelement site

rated:
Anyone that bought a Foogo between 1/1/2007 and 12/23/2014 because they were advertised as leak-proof and were not happy, is eligible.
2 options without proof of purchase: either a replacement bottle or cash payment
1 option with proof of purchase: cash payment of what was spent.

https://foogobottlesettlement.com/mainpage/Notice.aspx

rated:
fartfile said:   Anyone that bought a Foogo between 1/1/2007 and 12/23/2014 because they were advertised as leak-proof and were not happy, is eligible.
2 options without proof of purchase: either a replacement bottle or cash payment
1 option with proof of purchase: cash payment of what was spent.

https://foogobottlesettlement.com/mainpage/Notice.aspx

RUST is handling this one... If you ever purchased something in the past that had a class action against it and you claimed it through RUST, they are notorious for denying future class action claims through them as if there is/was no possible way that you could have purchased two or more different items that had claims against them.

rated:
I think we all should be able to get in on this one:

https://www.hotfuelsettlements.com/Index

rated:
"None of the Settlements provides money directly to consumers who have purchased retail motor fuel."

rated:
TextNone of the Settlements provides money directly to consumers who have purchased retail motor fuel.

rated:
tedteddy said:   I think we all should be able to get in on this one:

https://www.hotfuelsettlements.com/Index

I don't want to be excluded, so how do I include myself on this one?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015