• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
cristinaaaron said:   
smartiepantz said:   
cristinaaaron said:   $597.61 from Comscore
  Wow, I completely missed that one.  No one posted about it here.  Just curious, did you get a postcard for that one?

No, it was an online claim form. I don't see it here either.....I stopped posting new ones when that AugustFour clown was around and guess I forgot to come back and add it.

That user is gone, so please add any to the list, thanks

rated:
Got my check from USPLabs, $30.64

rated:
this is in regards to the KARDONICK SETTLEMENT ADMINISTER check legitimately topic... I received a check in the mail and I have been corresponding with somebody named Michael Smith I deposited the check it was returned with refer to maker and I now have a $21 overdraft fee I am looking for compensation how or who can I contactis this illegal and can they be held accountable for this how can I check to see if my bank account information has been looked up or compromise someone please help

rated:
stephofharts said:   this is in regards to the KARDONICK SETTLEMENT ADMINISTER check legitimately topic... I received a check in the mail and I have been corresponding with somebody named Michael Smith I deposited the check it was returned with refer to maker and I now have a $21 overdraft fee I am looking for compensation how or who can I contactis this illegal and can they be held accountable for this how can I check to see if my bank account information has been looked up or compromise someone please help
  Looks like this settled over two years ago. I'm sure your check had an expiration date.

rated:
My check from USPLabs is $8.58.

rated:
Truvia check today - $15 and change

rated:
Hey, stop posting every check that you receive!
You are just cluttering this thread, making it unreadable!

rated:
I want to thank all who take the time to post and reply. It helps us all out that participate.

rated:
Mrtelevisionguy said:   Truvia today.

31.XX

Got my check today. $47.15

rated:
sloppy1 said:   Hey, stop posting every check that you receive!

Even though I don't post my checks, I appreciate others posting theirs when the checks initially arrive.  That's how I know to expect mine, in case mine never arrives. I've had to request check re-issues in the past because of lost checks.

rated:
https://www.kirinbeersettlement.com/Landing.aspx

Kirin Ichiban [owned by Anheuser-Busch] is accused of falsely leading consumers to believe that the product was brewed in Japan instead of the US. If you bought Kirin or Kirin Light between October 2009 and December 2014, you are entitled to file a claim.
If you can furnish receipts, you are eligible for up to $50; if you can't, then the maximum refund you can receive will be $12. The deadline to sign up is June 15, 2015.

rated:
Never bother to keep receipts especially Beer, Just wondering, can i make two claims one with my name and other with my wife..I dont see anything like one per household type of thing in FAQs
https://www.kirinbeersettlement.com/faqs.aspx

rated:
whats the date of purchase with old label? i bought some in June 2014 before disney trip. don't remember the label. 

rated:
kmsiva said:   Never bother to keep receipts especially Beer, Just wondering, can i make two claims one with my name and other with my wife..I dont see anything like one per household type of thing in FAQs
https://www.kirinbeersettlement.com/faqs.aspx

Read 5b - Monetary Payment.   Payment is capped per household

rated:

with the moniker of Sloppy One ...might think you would be more appreciative

rated:
Truvia check today - $15 and change

rated:

rated:
pietromoon said:   

I think it's fine for ONE posting that a refund check has been received, but 3, 4, 7... no, I also think that clutters the thread. 

Why should everyone have to be "appreciative" to learn that a third or fifth random person has received a check for something that we've already been alerted by one poster (the first poster) is now in the mail?  Back-to-back posts on the same checks that are being received -- no, I'm not especially appreciative of this.

Especially now that people don't always post on this thread about class actions that are current and that they themselves are submitting claims for, yet they come to this thread later to tell others when they have received the payment for those (such as the several mentions here of people getting Fitflop checks, which I could have made $75 on, if I had known about the class action suit, but it was never mentioned here in this thread until the checks started rolling in). 

I would not say that I had expected other people to be looking out for the group here at the same time as they have been looking out for themselves, unless I was not doing that myself:  I always post on this thread any class actions I hear about (after doing a search to make sure that they have not already been mentioned here), even if it is something that I personally cannot participate in.  For the last few years, I have even pulled other people's mentions of class actions on other forums of Fatwallet (Finance, Deal Discussion, etc.) and linked them to this thread, so that the most people possible can learn about them.  I also have campaigned a couple of times in my 8 (or whatever) year spell on FW for this thread to be stickied, during times when it was removed from being a sticky.  (Therefore, I don't worry in the slightest if someone wants to say that I am not "appreciative", because I've made adequate contributions to this thread/topic.)

However, I have learned (and I have been PM'd about this too) that this thread has evolved into mostly a reporting page about refund checks that are received, and is not really a major source of spreading the word about new class actions, and that there are other websites that one should look at, to stay in the loop, if one is interested in class actions.  It seems that most FW people who are interested in taking advantage of class action lawsuits already know that, and do that, and correspondingly there is less and less of an emphasis on making sure that this thread gets notice of new class action suits before their deadlines.

Part of the reason for that is probably the fact that someone, I forget the details, though it's recorded in this thread I believe, was copying and pasting multiple class actions to this thread from a class action newsletter/blog, and was publicly on this thread asked to stop doing that (he/she probably worded it more gently, I don't remember) by the author of that newsletter/blog, so maybe other people here felt hindered from announcing new class actions on this thread, since they might be accused of simply passing on information that someone else has already collected and published. 

It's a shame that this had to happen, because the information really isn't "owned" in the sense of individual artistic effort, but it does take time and effort to compile such info, and I do see how it would be frustrating to have one's work used without attribution.

I personally don't often go round to other internet sites to see what the latest class actions are, and I take the passive approach of catching the odd one mentioned here on FW, and I am okay with that.
If someone really wants to know about all the class actions available, they should not rely on this thread. 
If they want to then come back to this thread and describe some of the current (pre-deadline) class actions that they have found, I'm sure people here would be appreciative of that. 
And it's great that people come here when they've received a check in the mail, if they are the first poster about that, which will alert everyone else that the payments have been mailed out.  It's not too helpful for other people to jump in and say "I got one too", but I do understand it gives some a sense of community to do that.  (And of course, some people get different amounts than others, and there can be good lessons to learn about why that happens.)
But if there is a class action that you have applied for, that you didn't see here, and that you didn't mention here, it really isn't that helpful to come back 9 or 12 or 24 months later and tell people here that you've received the payout for it; especially if you are the third or fourth person who wants to share the happy news.

rated:
cristinaaaron said:   Until June 23 to file....mail in.
http://www.americanregistryfaxsettlement.siprut.com/documents/Cl... 

Site wording seems to imply only if you received:
"This website is intended to provide additional documents and information for those persons or entities who received a Class Action Settlement notice in the mail or via fax "
So not for everyone who may be affected buty not recd a notice?

rated:
MsMay said:   My check from USPLabs is $8.58.
  Got my check (36.77) but drawing a blank as to which item this was for.

ETA: Found it 'OxyELITE Pro, Jack3d, and/or VERSA-1'.

rated:
I would love to have a sticky thread where we could have the sharing of current active Class Actions like we used to (not certain who took issue with who ever was posting links to available Class Actions or why this seemed to be such a sore enough spot that people stopped posting but to those people who are basically in it for themselves - too bad - suck it up buttercup - this is FW FORUM - a deal / information SHARING site - not your personal gains site).  Not all of us have the links to whatever web engines / pages that keep track of Class Actions that are currently available (if any of you nice FWalleters out there have a few resources for this information, please share with the rest of us, or maybe someone can PM me so I can book mark, look these up? TIA.) 

I know I'm not one of the type of people who join a CA just to get  5 bucks here or 10 bucks there. I only join when its something that I've bought and been a part of. If the concern is people who scam these CAs and that's why the postings have gone so minimal, sadly, there's no way for anyone to prevent fraudulent activity from happening whether its made available on FW Forums or on ANY web page. A scam artist with a computer has access to both, so what is the real harm in posting the CAs in FW Forums?

rated:
GeekyOne said:   I would love to have a sticky thread where we could have the sharing of current active Class Actions like we used to (not certain who took issue with who ever was posting links to available Class Actions or why this seemed to be such a sore enough spot that people stopped posting but to those people who are basically in it for themselves - too bad - suck it up buttercup - this is FW FORUM - a deal / information SHARING site - not your personal gains site).  Not all of us have the links to whatever web engines / pages that keep track of Class Actions that are currently available (if any of you nice FWalleters out there have a few resources for this information, please share with the rest of us, or maybe someone can PM me so I can book mark, look these up? TIA.) 

I know I'm not one of the type of people who join a CA just to get  5 bucks here or 10 bucks there. I only join when its something that I've bought and been a part of. If the concern is people who scam these CAs and that's why the postings have gone so minimal, sadly, there's no way for anyone to prevent fraudulent activity from happening whether its made available on FW Forums or on ANY web page. A scam artist with a computer has access to both, so what is the real harm in posting the CAs in FW Forums?

This is the thread you are looking for. If you receive a mail or email, hear it on the news, stumble upon it online or somewhere else, please come back here and share. Thanks to everyone who has been posting be it active class actions or settlement amounts received.

rated:
NantucketSunrise said:   
pietromoon said:   

I think it's fine for ONE posting that a refund check has been received, but 3, 4, 7... no, I also think that clutters the thread. 

(and a great big wall of text afterwards)

It's ironic that a page of rambling drivel about polluting the thread gets green. Checks are normally mailed out in batches based upon state/zipcode....sometimes over a couple weeks.....it is useful to know when people are receiving checks for that reason.

rated:
Just keep on keeping on, please try not to be sloppy.

Truvia? Check.

rated:
cristinaaaron said:   
NantucketSunrise said:   
pietromoon said:   

(and a great big wall of text afterwards)

It's ironic that a page of rambling drivel about polluting the thread gets green. Checks are normally mailed out in batches based upon state/zipcode....sometimes over a couple weeks.....it is useful to know when people are receiving checks for that reason.

I just greened it for the first sentence, assuming it was the synopsis.

rated:
This company reported I allegedly killed 9 serial killers but allegedly it was 20. 
Dexter didn't hire me to expend his franchise in eastern US so now this company must pay....   up to 1000 per claim.

http://www.grecosmssettlement.com/

rated:
GeekyOne said:    Not all of us have the links to whatever web engines / pages that keep track of Class Actions that are currently available (if any of you nice FWalleters out there have a few resources for this information, please share with the rest of us, or maybe someone can PM me so I can book mark, look these up? TIA.

http://topclassactions.com/

rated:
http://www.franklinwellsfargotcpa.com/ 
This one is tricky they have a list of numbers they called so when you enter your number they check against their database.
So if you did get a call you might get huge settlement since not many will qualify.

~~Wells Fargo has agreed to pay the sum of $13,859,103.80 (the "Settlement Fund") to settle the lawsuit. All Class Members that meet the claims requirements set forth below ("Eligible Claimants") will receive an equal  pro rata share of the Settlement Fund after Settlement Costs are deducted from the Settlement Fund. Settlement Costs include the costs of notice and claims administration, attorneys' fees and costs and payment of an Incentive Award to the named class representative, as detailed herein. Each Eligible Claimant that submits a valid claim by June 9, 2015 , will receive a pro rata payment 

rated:
https://targetbreachsettlement.com/

Target Breach settlement

If You Shopped at Target from November 27 through December 18, 2013 or Received Notice That Your Personal Information Was Compromised,
You Could Get Money for Losses from a Data Breach Settlement.

rated:
Looks like BevMo has a settlement for those that bought wine during the .05 sale from Oct. 9, 2005 to Feb. 9, 2010 They'll be sending $1 coupons per 2 bottles to your BevMo email so make sure it's up to date by July 27th.
Sadly I looked up my purchases on the Bevmo site and didn't start buying from them till later in 2010
info 

rated:
Kolinek v. Walgreen, CO.

https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/wtt/home.aspx 

Cash Payments to Class Members: Defendant has agreed to create an $11 million Settlement Fund, from which Class Members who submit valid claims will receive cash payments. To get a payment, Class Members must submit a valid claim before the deadline of July 22, 2015. The amount Class Members will receive will depend on the total number of valid claims received. If the number of valid claims is low, then the amount of individual payments will go up. But if the number of valid claims is high, then the amount of individual payments will go down.If the individual payments per Settlement Class Member would be less than $15, you will have a second chance to exclude yourself from the Settlement or Walgreens may pay you the difference up to $15. The Settlement Administrator will post additional information about the payment amount on this website if necessary.

rated:
computer87 said:   Kolinek v. Walgreen, CO.

https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/wtt/home.aspx 

Cash Payments to Class Members: Defendant has agreed to create an $11 million Settlement Fund, from which Class Members who submit valid claims will receive cash payments. To get a payment, Class Members must submit a valid claim before the deadline of July 22, 2015. The amount Class Members will receive will depend on the total number of valid claims received. If the number of valid claims is low, then the amount of individual payments will go up. But if the number of valid claims is high, then the amount of individual payments will go down.If the individual payments per Settlement Class Member would be less than $15, you will have a second chance to exclude yourself from the Settlement or Walgreens may pay you the difference up to $15. The Settlement Administrator will post additional information about the payment amount on this website if necessary.

This suit exemplifies why people hate lawyers:
"The suit concerns whether Walgreens violated a federal law called the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by making prerecorded calls to the cellular telephones of certain pharmacy customers to remind them when their prescriptions at Walgreens were due for refill (“Prerecorded Prescription Calls”). Walgreens denies any wrongdoing and maintains that Prerecorded Prescription Calls are necessary medical alerts that its customers want, and are made with their consent and authorized by law. The Settlement does not establish who is correct, but rather is compromise to end the lawsuit."

rated:
homersboy6 said:   
This suit exemplifies why people hate lawyers:
"The suit concerns whether Walgreens violated a federal law called the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by making prerecorded calls to the cellular telephones of certain pharmacy customers to remind them when their prescriptions at Walgreens were due for refill (“Prerecorded Prescription Calls”). Walgreens denies any wrongdoing and maintains that Prerecorded Prescription Calls are necessary medical alerts that its customers want, and are made with their consent and authorized by law. The Settlement does not establish who is correct, but rather is compromise to end the lawsuit."

You have to read the complaint to get the full story:

"In January 2012, Defendant implemented an automated system that included robocall refill reminders. These calls were not alerts informing a consumer that a requested prescription had been filled; rather, they were “reminders” encouraging consumers to refill an eligible prescription at a Walgreens pharmacy. In essence, because Defendant realizes that consumers have numerous choices of where to have their prescriptions filled, the robocall “reminders” serve as advertisements to draw consumers back to a Walgreens pharmacy. Therefore, the robocalls were not made as informational updates, but rather commercial solicitations."

rated:
Here's one. Mail-in, deadline is May 23, so don't wait. $25 per bottle, more than three without proof probably won't be paid. ("Any settlement class member seeking reimbursement for more than three (3) purchases may have his/her claim reviewed for potential fraud")

http://www.dynakorsettlement.com/

This website contains information regarding a settlement that has been reached between Dynakor Pharmacal, L.L.C., and other defendants (collectively “Defendants”), and Sharon Miller and other class representative plaintiffs (“Class Representative” or “Plaintiff”), individually and on behalf of the Settlement Class.

The settlement resolves a class action lawsuit in which Defendants are alleged to have made misleading statements in their labeling and advertising of Akävar 20/50 (the “Product”).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015