• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Mrtelevisionguy said:   Well in my defense... I only looked in this thread.
Not trying to nit-pick, but if you had done a search in this thread for that topic, you would have seen the original post on this class action suit, which I quoted above, from January 2014.

rated:
Did not see this posted.
Templeton Rye Settlement
https://www.templetonryesettlement.com/ClaimFilingInfo 

Monetary Relief. Defendant has agreed to create a Settlement Fund in the amount of Two Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($2,500,000.00) from which Settlement Class Members can Submit A Claim for any or all of the below options, limited to one Claim Form per household:

Proof of Purchase.Settlement Class Members who submit a Claim Form along with proof(s) of purchase shall be entitled to receive a cash payment of Six Dollars ($6.00) for each bottle of Templeton Rye purchased, subject to a maximum of six (6) bottles per Class Member. Proof of purchase means any written documentation, such as an itemized sales receipt, credit card statement, or UPC from a Templeton Rye bottle, evidencing the purchase of Templeton Rye.

Without Proof of Purchase. Settlement Class Members who submit a Claim Form without proof(s) of purchase shall be entitled to receive a cash payment of Three Dollars ($3.00) for each bottle of Templeton Rye that they purchased, subject to a maximum of six (6) bottles per Class Member.

On Premise Purchase. Settlement Class Members who submit a Claim Form shall be entitled to receive a cash payment of One Dollar ($1.00) for each alcoholic beverage containing Templeton Rye purchased on premise at a retail establishment (such as a bar or restaurant), subject to a cap of five (5) drinks. 

rated:
received $11.70 from https://autolightclaims.com/ 

rated:
TheBells said:   
benjaminkarter said:   $239.41 dollars bayer one a day
settlement check came today

Did you provide proof for your items? If so do you re-call which ones you bought? Thank you in advance and congrats on your $!

Shoot!  I missed that one.  I could have easily found the proof of my purchases. 

rated:
Allen v. JPMorgan Chase Bank NA

If automated calls were placed to your cell phone by Chase's auto subline of business from November 18, 2009 through May 19, 2015, you may be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement

Claim filing deadline:
Submitted Online or Postmarked by September 4, 2015

How much will my payment be?
Your share of the Settlement Fund will depend on the number of valid Claim Forms that Settlement Class Members submit. Class Counsel estimate that the amount of the cash award (while dependent upon the number of claims) may be within the range of $45 to $55. This is an estimate only. The final cash payment amount will depend on the total number of valid and timely claims submitted by Settlement Class Members.

Proof :  cell phone number that received the call.

https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/jpa/home.aspx 

rated:
Hi - I Also recd capital one check but warned me about possible tax consequences - should I be worried about that?

im new, and thanks in advance. 

rated:

CLAIM FORM (254.02kB)
Disclaimer
Poly Foam Antitrust Litigation
If You Purchased a Product That Contains Flexible Polyurethane Foam,
Such as a Mattress, a Couch, or Carpet Padding,
You Could Be Eligible to Receive Money by Participating in Nine (9)
Proposed Class Action Settlements

* Looks like no proof of purchase needed to file claim, but may be requested later, so keep your documents. They also require social security number or tax ID with the claim form. *

Total Settlement Valued at $151,250,000.

The following was t
aken from the claim form:
"You will complete the Claim Form to receive a payment from one or more of the following nine (9) Settlements with a total value of $151,250,000.
YOUR CLAIM WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL NINE OF THE FOLLOWING SETTLEMENTS UNLESS YOU CHECK ONE OR MORE OF THE BOXES BELOW.
* the Settlement with Carpenter Co. ($63,500,000);
* the Settlement with FFP Holdings LLC ($2,750,000);
* the Settlement with Future Foam, Inc. ($10,500,000);
* the Settlement with FXI Holdings, Inc. ($9,000,000, plus costs solely for Notice and Notice Administration of up to $500,000);
* the Settlement with Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company. ($10,250,000);
* the Settlement with Leggett & Platt Incorporated. ($26,500,000);
* the Settlement with Mohawk Industries, Inc. ($16,000,000);
* the Settlement with Vitafoam Products Canada Limited and Vitafoam, Inc. ($2,750,000);
* the Settlement with Woodbridge Foam Corporation," 

http://www.polyfoamclassaction.com/ 

rated:
lolicker said:   Hi - I Also recd capital one check but warned me about possible tax consequences - should I be worried about that?

im new, and thanks in advance. 

The one for 39 dollars?  Only personal injury once are tax free.   Everything else potentially is taxable.
But for small amounts if they don't send 1099 , I wouldn't worry about it.   I don't remember getting 1099 or other tax forms
for any settlements so far.

rated:
I have not seen any tax form(s) yet, in years.

rated:
TheBells said:   Poly Foam Antitrust Litigation

* Looks like no proof of purchase needed to file claim, but may be requested later, so keep your documents. They also require social security number or tax ID with the claim form. *

The following was t
"You will complete the Claim Form to receive a payment from one or more of the following nine (9) Settlements with a total value of $151,250,000.
YOUR CLAIM WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL NINE OF THE FOLLOWING SETTLEMENTS UNLESS YOU CHECK ONE OR MORE OF THE BOXES BELOW.
* the Settlement with FXI Holdings, Inc. ($9,000,000, plus costs solely for Notice and Notice Administration of up to $500,000);
* the Settlement with Vitafoam Products Canada Limited and Vitafoam, Inc. ($2,750,000);

Concerned about giving my SS# out on the claim form. Actually very concerned.
Just curious of those who qualify like myself are you not filing due to the SS# stipulation?
Thanks!

rated:
Squeezer99 said:   received $11.70 from https://autolightclaims.com/ 
  The check came last week.

rated:
alanmax said:   

The following was t

Just curious of those who qualify like myself are you not filing due to the SS# stipulation?
Thanks!

I would still file but put random numbers for SS#.  I don't give out my ssn for claims.  Especially to that site , doesn't look very secure or well done.

rated:
computer87 said:   
alanmax said:   

The following was t

Thanks!

I would still file but put random numbers for SS#.  I don't give out my ssn for claims.  Especially to that site , doesn't look very secure or well done.

Wouldn't that constitute perjury? "UNDER THE PENALTIES OF PERJURY, I CERTIFY THAT ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ME ON THIS PROOF OF CLAIM FORM IS TRUE, CORRECT, AND COMPLETE, AND THAT THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED HEREWITH ARE TRUE AND CORRECT COPIES OF WHAT THEY PURPORT TO BE."

rated:
mikejensen said:   
computer87 said:   
alanmax said:   

The following was t

Thanks!

Wouldn't that constitute perjury? "UNDER THE PENALTIES OF PERJURY, I CERTIFY THAT ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ME ON THIS PROOF OF CLAIM FORM IS TRUE, CORRECT, AND COMPLETE, AND THAT THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED HEREWITH ARE TRUE AND CORRECT COPIES OF WHAT THEY PURPORT TO BE."

Companies are allowed to ask for SSN , but you don't have to provide it.  You might get denied the claim.
I believe they refer to the actual proof of claim.  Your SSN doesn't prove you are eligible for anything.
Up to you how you interpret it.  But with recent information thefts you should be carefull who you give SSN to.

http://www.identityhawk.com/Who-Can-Lawfully-Request-My-Social-S...

rated:
computer87 said:   
mikejensen said:   
computer87 said:   
alanmax said:   

The following was t

Thanks!

Companies are allowed to ask for SSN , but you don't have to provide it.  You might get denied the claim.
I believe they refer to the actual proof of claim.  Your SSN doesn't prove you are eligible for anything.
Up to you how you interpret it.  But with recent information thefts you should be carefull who you give SSN to.

http://www.identityhawk.com/Who-Can-Lawfully-Request-My-Social-S... 

* side note about giving out SSN*
I would be careful especially IF you are going to file online ! Filing online sends your SSN over the www you know! IF you qualify and file I would mail the form with a COPY of my proof of purchase, although that is not necessary (may be requested later). As always keep a copy of your claim. 

rated:
                                                                                                     If you purchased a Mitsubishi LaserVue TV
                                                                                           that is currently malfunctioning, and/or if you previously
                                                                                  spent your own money to repair certain problems with your LaserVue TV,
                                                                       you may be entitled to a repair, payment or reimbursement from a class action settlement.

proposed Settlement has been preliminary approved by the Court in a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi alleging that the sale of Mitsubishi LaserVue TVs (“TVs”) violated warranty and consumer protection laws. Mitsubishi denies all wrongdoing. Both sides agreed to settle to avoid the costs and uncertainty of litigation are a Settlement Class Member if you purchased a Mitsubishi LaserVue TV, models L65-A90, L75-A91, L75-A94, or L75-A96 from January 1, 2008, to July 13, 2015.

But, you are not in the class if you: (i) released your claims, (ii) got your TV for commercial use or resale; (iii) are a current or former Mitsubishi employee; or (iv) are a judicial officer to whom the Action is assigned (or immediate family of such an officer).
Mitsubishi agreed to distribute to Class Members (a) reimbursement of repair expenses and (b) extended warranty benefits, in the form of either free repairs or a payment of at least $500. You can receive reimbursement for any money that you spent out-of-pocket prior to July 13, 2015 to repair Malfunctions on your TV. “Malfunction” includes any video anomaly or other issue that interferes with your TV’s normal or intended functioning as described in its original warranty, but does not include damage to cosmetic parts of the Television, including the screen and cabinet
assembly.

WEBSITE
http://www.mitsubishilaservuesettlement.com/ 

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CLAIM ID/PIN

https://gilardigateway.com/MitsubishiLaserVueSettlement/Claimant/UnKnownClaimForm 

Information About the Effective Date:
The Settlement has not yet become effective.
It cannot become effective until:
Court grants final approval to the settlement and enters judgment, and
the time to appeal expires with no appeal being filed, or if an appeal is filed, the final approval order and judgment is fully upheld.
The final approval hearing is scheduled for November 12, 2015.
Please check this page after that date for possible updates about the Effective Date. 

rated:

I read "poly foam litigation" and thought "dangerous chemicals." Thankfully this lawsuit alleges that foam manufacturers conspired to fix prices. Whew!

rated:
BECK’S BEER CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
Without proof $12
Claim deadline 11/20/2015
Anheuser-Busch has agreed to settle a class action lawsuit alleging they misrepresented to consumers that Beck’s beer is brewed in and imported from Germany. If you purchased Beck’s Pilsner, Beck’s Dark, Beck’s Light, and/or Beck’s Oktoberfest between May 1, 2011 and June 23, 2015, you may be entitled to a cash payment from the class action settlement.

Plaintiff Francisco Rene Marty filed the class action lawsuit, which alleges Anheuser-Busch engaged in deceptive marketing and charged premium prices for its Beck’s beer products by stating the product was “brewed in Germany” even though it was actually domestically brewed.

Anheuser-Busch denies all allegations of wrongdoing and maintains that its conduct was lawful. However, it has agreed to settle the Beck’s beer class action lawsuit to avoid the expense and risk of litigation.
In addition to providing cash benefits to Class Members who submit timely and valid claims, Anheuser-Busch has also agreed to modify its labeling to indicate the product is “Brewed in the USA”. The company also agreed to modify the back panel of the beers’ labels.

If you wish to exclude yourself from or object to the Beck’s beer class action settlement, you must do so no later than Nov. 20, 2015.

Who’s Eligible
Class Members of the Anheuser-Busch Beck’s beer settlement include anyone in the United States who purchased Beck’s Pilsner, Beck’s Dark, Beck’s Light, and/or Beck’s Oktoberfest between May 1, 2011 and June 23, 2015.
Potential Award Up to $50.
Class Members who submit a Claim Form with proof of purchase will be entitled to a partial refund cash payment as follows, up to a maximum of $50.00 per Class Household.
Six pack of 12 oz. bottles or cans: $.50 each  
Four pack of 16 oz. cans: $.50 each 
Twelve pack of 12 oz. bottles or cans: $1.00 each
Fifteen pack of 12 oz. bottles or cans: $1.25 each  
Twenty pack of 12 oz. bottles: $1.756
Individual bottle or cans: $0.10 each
A Settlement Class Member who does not have valid proof of purchase of Beck’s Beer will be entitled to the following refunds, up to a maximum of $12.00 per Class Household:
Six pack of 12 oz. bottles or cans: $.50 each  
Four pack of 16 oz. cans: $.50 each
Twelve pack of 12 oz. bottles or cans: $1.00 each
Fifteen pack of 12 oz. bottles or cans: $1.25 each   
Twenty pack of 12 oz. bottles: $1.756 
Individual bottle or cans: $0.10 each
NOTE: A “Settlement Class Household” means family members, or extended family members, living under the same roof and for whom purchases of Beck’s beer were collectively made. 

https://www.becksbeersettlement.com/Landing.aspx 

rated:
TheBells said:   BECK’S BEER CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT

You didn't search before posting. Easily found in this thread.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1170656/?query=b...

rated:

This might save some people some time:

The class action site says that it only covers items
"...purchased in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin or the District of Columbia."

rated:
I submitted the poly form with no SSN and it went through. Received a confirmation number. Also, receipts are only required if you are filing more than $100,000 (Yes.That is correct. $100,000) in claims.

rated:
FroginMyPants said:   I submitted the poly form with no SSN and it went through. Received a confirmation number. Also, receipts are only required if you are filing more than $100,000 (Yes.That is correct. $100,000) in claims.
  OR they will verify ALL claims if they end up without enough money to cover claims, but yes this is a nice case as long as it does not get abused and mess it up for everyone. In my original post I had mentioned the $100,000 part on the claim form, but went back and deleted.

rated:
TheBells said:   
FroginMyPants said:   I submitted the poly form with no SSN and it went through. Received a confirmation number. Also, receipts are only required if you are filing more than $100,000 (Yes.That is correct. $100,000) in claims.
  OR they will verify ALL claims if they end up without enough money to cover claims, but yes this is a nice case as long as it does not get abused and mess it up for everyone. In my original post I had mentioned the $100,000 part on the claim form, but went back and deleted.

The good thing is that these type of purchases is what people usually keep the receipts for (mattresses, couches) future warranty issues.

rated:
If you look at the plaintiffs in the foam case, they are all hotel chains and such. I have a feeling us consumers with a single couch or bed will likely see nothing, especially with such a long time frame for claims. So far there are no payout numbers in the long form.

rated:
StarKist Tuna Class Action Settlement 

This settlement resolves a class action against StarKist Co. The lawsuit alleged that StarKist UNDER-FILLED certain tuna products in direct violation of federal law.

According to the StarKist tuna class action lawsuit, which was filed in February 2013 by plaintiff Patrick Hendricks, federal law requires 5-ounce cans to contain an average of 2.84 to 3.23 ounces of tuna. However, Hendricks alleges that 5-ounce cans of StarKist tuna only contain an average of 2.81 to 3.11 ounces of tuna. StarKist Co. denies the allegations but has agreed to settle to avoid the expense and risk associated to a trial. 

Class Members of the StarKist tuna settlement include all U.S. residents who purchased any of the following

StarKist products between Feb. 19, 2009 and Oct. 31, 2014:

5 oz. Chunk Light in Water
5 oz. Chunk Light in Oil
5 oz. Solid White in Water
5 oz. Solid White in Oil

NOTE: StarKist 5 oz. Chunk White in Water is not included in the class action settlement. 

Class Members may elect to receive either a cash payment of $25 or $50 in product vouchers redeemable for StarKist tuna products.

Depending on the number of claims filed, the actual amount each Class Member will receive may be reduced on a pro rata basis.

Proof of Purchase  None required. However, Class Members must submit a Claim Form confirming under the penalty of perjury (1) the specific StarKist product(s) purchased and (2) that the purchases were made between Feb. 19, 2009 and Oct. 31, 2014.

Claim Form Deadline 11/20/2015 
https://www.tunalawsuit.com/Landing.aspx 

rated:
It would be nice if at least some details were posted along with the product and settlement info.

The tuna isn't a case of poison fish, just a case of underfilled containers.

rated:
NOTE: You must be a current California resident to file a Claim Form.
True Religion Apparel Inc. has agreed to settle a class action lawsuit alleging it misrepresented the country of origin of some of its products. If you purchased a True Religion product in California that was labeled as “Made in USA” between Dec. 10, 2010 and July 31, 2015, you may be entitled to benefits from a class action settlement.

http://www.classactionrebates.com/settlements/true-religion/ True Religion T-shirt (approximate value of $25 per shirt). Under the terms of the True Religion class action settlement, eligibility to receive a T-shirt will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis.Class Members who purchased an allegedly mislabeled True Religion product at a retail store must pick up the T-shirt at their local True Religion retail or outlet store. If a Class Member is physically unable to pick up the T-shirt from a store, the Settlement Administrator may deem it appropriate to mail the T-shirt to the address provided on the Claim Form.

rated:
scripta said:   It would be nice if at least some details were posted along with the product and settlement info.

I thought that the poster of this class action suit provided a good amount of detail, which was well-laid-out. 

There was no implication in the post that the lawsuit was due to "poison fish".

rated:
just received $10 merchandise voucher for Hernandez v Old Navy good at any California Old Navy, gap outlet or Banana Republic Factory Store.

rated:
NantucketSunrise said:   
scripta said:   It would be nice if at least some details were posted along with the product and settlement info.
I thought that the poster of this class action suit provided a good amount of detail, which was well-laid-out. 

There was no mention at all of what the lawsuit alleges. And I think that would be just as beneficial as the rest of the info.

rated:
wwinters said:   just received $10 merchandise voucher for Hernandez v Old Navy good at any California Old Navy, gap outlet or Banana Republic Factory Store.
  I hadn't opened it yet but got it yesterday also.

rated:
scripta said:   
NantucketSunrise said:   

There was no mention at all of what the lawsuit alleges. And I think that would be just as beneficial as the rest of the info.

Well, then you should chide most of the posters here, because many of the postings in this thread which announce new class action suits are not as complete in detail and well-laid-out as TheBells' post about the Starkist suit was.  It would be great if all the other announcements here reached the standard of the Starkist post.

rated:
NantucketSunrise said:   

This might save some people some time:

The class action site says that it only covers items
"...purchased in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin or the District of Columbia."

Is there any easy way to tell if any of the couches or mattresses I've bought have poly foam?

rated:
RedSombrero said:   NantucketSunrise said:   
TheBells said:   /l]."
  Is there any easy way to tell if any of the couches or mattresses I've bought have poly foam?

I read the papers they filed, looked online for what different types of foam exist, looked at my mattresses and couch cushion labels and there was nothing to differentiate that it was polyfoam.

I submitted all of my claims for all couches and mattress bought in that time period as having it. Unfortunately, those 9k+ will pale in comparison to all the hotels submitting claims, so I will not expect more than $20.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015