• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
my last successfull $50 trade in deal was a epson at $199.99 retail price and was able to pm it for $99 + $1 filler at office deposit making the printer $50 with tax.

but thats 1 year ago and im unsure of how the trade in works now. last i seen stapples allowed trade ins for only its only what they select the printers you coulduse the trade in for. now i also noticed its mostly HP printers that you can get the $50 trade in deal there. so im guessing i can only rely on Staples for a sale on non HP printers because i bought a ciss epson kit and it was a bit expensive but surprisingly the ciss kit ink worked better than oem carts because my photo prints had a lot of random spots where the ink was eitbertoo light or too dark and what looks like smudges similar to using a finger and rubbing or touching a freshly printed photo. i handle and allow them to dry with care but it wasnt untill i switched to ciss ink or refillable inks to most people with generic inks the problems was cured. but anyways i just got the kit so i refuse to buy a HP because of quality issues and i do like some of the epson models.and features.

whats the best way atm to do a printer trade in between OD OM BB and Staples now? i only noticed the Staples changes changes but can i still select the printer of my choice at the other stgores as long it meets requirements of printers that are valued 199.99.and up before a pm is allowed and the additional $50 trade in discount. i need a new printer as im cursed with the 1 year printer bug where every printer i buy screws up after the 1yr warranty is over. always 1 year and mostly HP, both cheap and expensive models. so i refuse to buy HP and want to try epson and canons out but for now i would like to use my ciss more as i still have a lot of ib k left.

thnks in advance

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"i bought a ciss epson kit "

"want to try epson and canons out but for now i would like to use my ciss more as i still have a lot of ib k left."

sorry your post is very confusing and contradicting as quoted above by you, you say you bought a epson cis kit yet later in post say you want to try epson and canon but for now you would like to use up your cis kit that you bought implying its for another brand. Best i can say is get the printer you want that you can do the 50 dollar trade in for and buy a new cis kit there not that expensive and if there is alot of ink in old cis kit syphon it out and put in new kit as needed Just dont get hung up on the cis system you have as they are usaully model or series specific.

I know, very hard to read, perhaps English is a second language to HKFEET.

looks like it
BlueLetterD said:   I know, very hard to read, perhaps English is a second language to HKFEET.

I've had an Epson RX595 photo printer for about five years now and I put a CISS system on it and I'm on my 3rd or 4th set of refill inks for it (the CISS came with full ink tanks as well). That translates into thousands of pages and photos. It still prints great. The Epson's seem to work better the more your print because the print head is not built into the ink cartridges.

Most of my photo and regular paper is free from Staples so all of this printing is on the cheap. I'm only spending about $18 a year on refill ink.

The new Epsons are even easier to use with a CISS system because the ink cartrige is stationary.

So, my point is to just make sure to use your printer on a regular basis with the CISS system and you shouldn't have to worry about buying a new one each year.

Printer trade-in this year at Staples, Office Depot, Office Max is nothing like last year. As you mentioned last year it was any printer for $199.99 regular price and up. That printer only needed to have a regular price of $199. It could be on sale for $100 and the $50 trade-in still applied. I did that twice. If seems like they plugged that hole this year.

Another printer related deal was Office Depot which gave you $5 rewards for old ink cartridges. I think that was around April 2011 for a very limited time. I am waiting for that one to show up again this year.

For whats its worth on the printer listed at Staples here on Feb 12th "HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer $99.90 (Reg : $299.99)" I ended up getting the 50 dollar trade in only because i did live chat with Staples and they told me it was on the list so I printed the live chat and took it to Staples with my old printer and they made a call and said since i had done the live chat and been told it was elgible they would honor it. otherwise i would have been out of luck

he made it sound complicated, but I think all he asked was what is the best trade-in deal for printer in 4 major stores.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014