• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
"IF YOU PURCHASED NUTELLA IN CALIFORNIA BETWEEN AUGUST 1, 2009 AND JANUARY 23, 2012, OR IN ANY OTHER STATE BETWEEN JANUARY 1, 2008 AND FEBRUARY 3, 2012, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A PAYMENT FROM A PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT."

I would add "... and were gullible enough to believe that eating a hazelnut-based chocolate sandwich spread was healthy ..."

"As a result of a recent class action lawsuit filed against Nutella over falsely alleging that its hazelnut spread could be considered a health food, customers who purchased Nutella are entitled to receive up to a $20 cash settlement. (You get $4 per jar purchased during the eligible period, for up to five jars.) To claim your money, fill out this form:"

https://nutellaclassactionsettlement...antInformation

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is nuts.

WorkerAnt (Apr. 17, 2012 @ 4:43p) |

Did I just fall into Bazzaroworld?

solley (Apr. 17, 2012 @ 4:48p) |

This is exactly what will happen. I got a check from one of these things last year for 17 cents. I missed the B&S thin... (more)

clearanceman (Apr. 18, 2012 @ 7:03a) |

link not working

We probably bought way more than 10 jars in that long time span ... feel sorry in a sense ... but hope easy $40 ....

they sell (or used to) this stuff in the health food aisle in my grocer... so yeah, i thought it was a healthy alternative. I'll take my $20

invisible said:   We probably bought way more than 10 jars in that long time span ... feel sorry in a sense ... but hope easy $40 ....

5 jar max

Trinidon2k said:   invisible said:   We probably bought way more than 10 jars in that long time span ... feel sorry in a sense ... but hope easy $40 ....

5 jar max

... per person x 2 ?

thanks op

invisible said:   Trinidon2k said:   invisible said:   We probably bought way more than 10 jars in that long time span ... feel sorry in a sense ... but hope easy $40 ....

5 jar max

... per person x 2 ?

From the FAQ (bold mine):
6. How much will my payment be?
Class Members can receive up to $4.00 per jar of Nutella that they purchased during the relevant time period. Class Members who purchased multiple jars of Nutella during the relevant time period can submit a claim for up to five jars for a maximum award of $20.00 per household.
In the event the total claims filed exceed the amount of the settlement funds available, each claim will be reduced on a pro rata basis.

Now, will some people figure out a way to have multiple "households?" Probably.

How many "Apartments" do you have in your basement??

this is so dumb. i luv nutella. always have at least 2-4 jars of it in the pantry. but like anything - enjoy in moderation or work out like a maniac after you eat a whole jar in 1 sitting. i am in the latter category. during this timeframe I probably purchased a 100 jars, and as much as I am a stickler for every penny in life i will not make a claim out of principle. great stuff. go ferrero

idrobnjak said:   this is so dumb. i luv nutella. always have at least 2-4 jars of it in the pantry. but like anything - enjoy in moderation or work out like a maniac after you eat a whole jar in 1 sitting. i am in the latter category. during this timeframe I probably purchased a 100 jars, and as much as I am a stickler for every penny in life i will not make a claim out of principle. great stuff. go ferrero

I can understand your point of view but the point being made here is that the company made false claims in order to sell more.

I'm entitled to make a claim, however, I can't in good conscience file one. I don't believe I've been misled by the company any more than when Coca Cola's advertising slogan, 'Coke Adds Life' made me hope to live longer if I drank the stuff.

kassaal said:   I'm entitled to make a claim, however, I can't in good conscience file one. I don't believe I've been misled by the company any more than when Coca Cola's advertising slogan, 'Coke Adds Life' made me hope to live longer if I drank the stuff.I'm sure someone would be more than willing to borrow your address to get compensated for their Nutella addiction

Note it says "up to $4.00". The FW effect ought to knock that down to about $0.29.

fudge; i thought i was eating healthy.

zenci said:   fudge; i thought i was eating healthy.
Somewhat fudgy texture, I suppose, but chocolate and hazelnut. If not good for your health, good for your happiness.

Trinidon2k said:   they sell (or used to) this stuff in the health food aisle in my grocer... so yeah, i thought it was a healthy alternative. I'll take my $20

you sir are why the terrorists hate us.

No wonder everyone hates California. Instead of going after Cheerios, which claims to prevent heart disease, breast cancer and AIDS, they sue a tasty chocolate spread that makes no specific claims. Where's that 10.0 we keep hearing about, that's going to drop that whole state into the ocean?? It can't happen soon enough.

Thanks OP! That $20 will go toward my Weight Watchers monthly membership.

thanks!

knickdigger said:   No wonder everyone hates California. Instead of going after Cheerios, which claims to prevent heart disease, breast cancer and AIDS, they sue a tasty chocolate spread that makes no specific claims. Where's that 10.0 we keep hearing about, that's going to drop that whole state into the ocean?? It can't happen soon enough.

I can't wait for it to hit as well and we float away. I would love not to have to pay the f***ing federal government the preposterous amount of tax it charges us for almost nothing in return. I would love not to have sponsored the extrvagant GSA meeting in Vegas, courtesy of Mr.Neely. Or the secret service fucation in Columbia. Don't need this big government. Anywhere but California buddy, anywhere but!

MyCharmedLife said:   Thanks OP! That $20 will go toward my Weight Watchers monthly membership. that's $ 20 toward more Nutella

invisible said:   We probably bought way more than 10 jars in that long time span ... feel sorry in a sense ... but hope easy $40 ....

Trinidon2k said:   they sell (or used to) this stuff in the health food aisle in my grocer... so yeah, i thought it was a healthy alternative. I'll take my $20

I think the settlement the plaintiffs sign should read: “I am an epic fail and possess no ability to read the list of ingredients on the back of the Nutella jar. I believe everything everybody tells me, once I licked a metal pole outside in the winter because my friend told me it tasted like ice-cream. I solemnly swear I will use the obtained $20 to purchase a copy of Hooked-On-Phonics and re-enlist into elementary school to learn to read”.

@ kassaal:

Nice too see there are a few of us left who won't grab cash that isn't rightfully ours, even if we know that we won't be caught.

Nutella has never crossed my lips. But I had a very similar situation with my Yardman / Briggs&Stratton powered mulching lawn mower. It was $190 at Home Depot.

In a class action, everyone who purchased the mower was entitled to about $25 because Briggs overstated the horsepower of their engines.

I still had my proof of purchase receipt.

Problem was, the mower was sold by its torque rating, not the horsepower. And I was very happy with the performance of the mower, especially so with the engine.

So I passed on the free money.

Just sh_t up and file your claim if you want to. No need to reason.

I had no limits to chocolaty stuff, and guess what - it accumulated, now if I have any - I get a bad rash on my scalp which clears up in a week after staying away from cocoa products, also the rash brings on huge dandruff problem. I am not alone in this - I have a friend who did the same thing and is just like me now, - for you I suggest you keep going with your 100 cans of nutella and eventually you will join my circle. SAme with coffe - you want a jock itch rash after any amount of caffeine - just do what I did - 5 cups of coffee a day for a few years - we will be like brothers then.

This is nuts.

inbilya said:   I had no limits to chocolaty stuff, and guess what - it accumulated, now if I have any - I get a bad rash on my scalp which clears up in a week after staying away from cocoa products, also the rash brings on huge dandruff problem. I am not alone in this - I have a friend who did the same thing and is just like me now, - for you I suggest you keep going with your 100 cans of nutella and eventually you will join my circle. SAme with coffe - you want a jock itch rash after any amount of caffeine - just do what I did - 5 cups of coffee a day for a few years - we will be like brothers then.

Did I just fall into Bazzaroworld?

callenjr said:   Note it says "up to $4.00". The FW effect ought to knock that down to about $0.29.

This is exactly what will happen. I got a check from one of these things last year for 17 cents. I missed the B&S thing though. The only result of class action suits is rich lawyers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014