• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
I've been buying Lowes 10% off coupons from people on eBay who seem to have an endless supply of them... each has a unique barcode number, and I'm pretty sure they are not fake because they get scanned at Lowes and work every time. I'm tired of buying them, does anyone know where these sellers are getting the 10% off coupons from?? thanks for your help and discussion

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
They spend a buck on the change of address form and recieve multiple coupons to many stores and probably sell each one f... (more)

nikoplpl (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 8:56p) |

My guess is that the computers nation-wide are not 'smart' enough to cross-check the coupon bar codes and the eBayers se... (more)

DebraK13 (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 8:05p) |

Have you seen Lowes regular prices.
It is silly to think they do not want your purchase even with 10% off.
So they figure ... (more)

yesidonoitall (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 8:16p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Go to your local post office and ask for change of address package. They always have one in them.

Thanks for the reply, and the tip, I've used those before, and they are usually glossy like a magazine page. the ones from eBay are paper. I'm at Lowes every week, and I'd feel funny taking a stack of the change address packages, or going back every week. anyone know where else they could be coming from?

Nope, the usps ones are a cardstock paper. Most post offices restrict them though. There was a memo sent to all post offices to stop putting them out where people could get them. Some are lucky and still find them though. It does cost the taxpayers to produce them, and when someone takes hundreds just for the Lowes coupons, it costs us all (well, the 50% of people who pay taxes).

briarycliffs said:   Nope, the usps ones are a cardstock paper. Most post offices restrict them though. There was a memo sent to all post offices to stop putting them out where people could get them. Some are lucky and still find them though. It does cost the taxpayers to produce them, and when someone takes hundreds just for the Lowes coupons, it costs us all (well, the 50% of people who pay taxes).

facepalm...

No it does not cost the PO money as Lowes and the others pay to have their stuff in there.

And everybody pays taxes in the US, but seeing that the PO does not get tax money keep your BS to yourself.

briarycliffs said:   Nope, the usps ones are a cardstock paper. Most post offices restrict them though. There was a memo sent to all post offices to stop putting them out where people could get them. Some are lucky and still find them though. It does cost the taxpayers to produce them, and when someone takes hundreds just for the Lowes coupons, it costs us all (well, the 50% of people who pay taxes).

Please research before posting such drivel.

The Lowe's coupons is a Lowe's marketing campaign.

100% of people pay taxes. Explain how someome gets thru life without paying sales tax, property tax, payroll tax...

Please for that is holy, do not have kids. Stop the spread of your genetics.

ejgmoney said:   I've been buying Lowes 10% off coupons from people on eBay who seem to have an endless supply of them... each has a unique barcode number, and I'm pretty sure they are not fake because they get scanned at Lowes and work every time. I'm tired of buying them, does anyone know where these sellers are getting the 10% off coupons from?? thanks for your help and discussion

I get mine here:

It can take a day or two for the email to come in.

www.lowes.com/moving

In my exp....
The po lobby, has the simple non coupon versions.
You can ask for the other with the discount offers at the window...
I just saw it done yesterday........

I've wondered about this too. I have bought these coupons on eBay before, and recently was emailed an offer to purchase them in multiples of 1,000. I'm thinking that somebody must have an inside contact at the company.

dswank said:   I've wondered about this too. I have bought these coupons on eBay before, and recently was emailed an offer to purchase them in multiples of 1,000. I'm thinking that somebody must have an inside contact at the company.

Lowes wants the coupons out there.
They know coupon buyers will only buy with one.
I think that clearly tells you they know they are overpriced.

there are some people out there that able to write script to auto generate these codes.
You can find "similiar coupon" on Staples as well. I heard Staples start to void transactions using this auto generated code but many still pass. easy way to make money.

ejgmoney said:   Thanks for the reply, and the tip, I've used those before, and they are usually glossy like a magazine page. the ones from eBay are paper. I'm at Lowes every week, and I'd feel funny taking a stack of the change address packages, or going back every week. anyone know where else they could be coming from?

i recently did a change of address, and sent to my new address are stack of coupons from USPS, in it two Lowes coupon one is 10% and other is 10 off 50 both are glossy

Did I miss something..
Whats this glossy or not business?

Keep in mine, Home Depot will take the Lowes 10% off coupon

Keep in mind...
Buy at Lowes dot come for instore pick up to get the FW Cash Back....

Keep in mind...
Buy Lowe's gift cards on eBay at 10 to 15% off for additional amounts off

they forge them and let you feel like a fool after youve come to register with 800 dollars worth of stuff only to tell you its a forgery,,and then they give you that evil look like you are a crook,,,and if you are lucky you wont get arrested by homeland security...

The coupons people sell on eBay originate from the Postal Service's "New Movers" marketing materials whose largest sponsor is Lowe's. Some coupons come from the front end (what you can ask for at the post office) or from the back end (what comes in the mail after you change your address). Home Depot used to have the marketing rights, now it's Lowe's. Lowe's works fairly hard to keep repeat sellers from selling the coupons on eBay, but spent even more effort changing how the USPS provides the change of address kits, and now they are almost always kept behind the counter. It appears that the large eBay sellers have access to the cases of address kits, presumably as USPS employees.

Just do it online. Yes you can get the ones at the post office, but IMO it's better to just get one from online once in awhile, print off 20 of them and bring them when you go to HomeDepot, since they don't scan the barcode on it. This won't work at Lowe's, since they scan the code which deactivates it after first use.

ShaneM said:   Just do it online. Yes you can get the ones at the post office, but IMO it's better to just get one from online once in awhile, print off 20 of them and bring them when you go to HomeDepot, since they don't scan the barcode on it. This won't work at Lowe's, since they scan the code which deactivates it after first use.

That's a YMMV thing, some Home Depot won't take computer print outs. You may find one that does, but after a while, the manager probably sees them and tells the clerks to stop taking computer print outs. I'm told the Harbor Freight 20% off coupons sometimes works too. Most prices at Home Depot seem to be a little bit lower than Lowes in general, but once in a while Lowes is cheaper. The other thing you can do is go to Lowes, use the self checkout lane and don't drop the coupon in, then use the same coupon at Home Depot. Or you can phone in an order at Lowes, they will just ask for the barcode and then you can use it later at Home Depot. The only reason I still get things at Lowes seems to be for appliances, they're good about delivering them the next day if it's in stock.

I buy $10 off $50 coupons all the time but not from eb@y. They come from another web site. Usually costs about $1 each and then ask the cashier to break up my purchases into approx. $50 amounts as I buy it. One day I did this on over $300 on 6 transactions at HD without any issues.

20% easy.

My Home Depot doesn't take computer print outs anymore. I get 2 "moving packs" from the Post Office a couple times a year for the Lowe's coupons. Yes, they're behind the counter and you have to ask.

OP- just because something scans doesn't make it a legitimate coupon. Someone, if they wanted to, could make a coupon that scans '$100 off $50' and demand that Lowes pay them $50 but they don't since that would raise red flags. . .

nyseGUY said:   OP- just because something scans doesn't make it a legitimate coupon. Someone, if they wanted to, could make a coupon that scans '$100 off $50' and demand that Lowes pay them $50 but they don't since that would raise red flags. . .

Thats just plain silly.
Any coupon would have to be recognizable by the stores system....
If they never had such an offer, how could it accept it.

dude, next time ask your postal worker for a 'change of address' form and they usually have a 10% discount in them. Some postal offices sometimes leave these forms out for anyone to grab or sometimes its behind the desk. Lowes has been offering 10% discount for anyone moving for at least two years since I've remember them having it

i get them from post office (change of address form)

It's not 10% but you can sign up for a Lowes Business account and get 5% on everything you put on their card. It's less hassle and less reward but it's legit.

Kdogg said:   It's not 10% but you can sign up for a Lowes Business account and get 5% on everything you put on their card. It's less hassle and less reward but it's legit.

Do both..
Get 15% off....

They used to be and are probably still are in the moving/forwarding mail packets from the US Postal Service. Just go to any USPS and ask for moving packets. They used to alternate between $10 off $50 and 10% off, so I always ask for 2. Never had a problem.

They used to be and probably still are available at the US Post Office. Just go to the USPS and ask for the moving packet and one of Lowes' coupons will be in the packet. The post office near me alternate between $10 off $50 and 10% off. I usually ask for 2 when I needed a coupon.

ShaneM said:   Just do it online. Yes you can get the ones at the post office, but IMO it's better to just get one from online once in awhile, print off 20 of them and bring them when you go to HomeDepot, since they don't scan the barcode on it. This won't work at Lowe's, since they scan the code which deactivates it after first use.

My local Home Depot stores also won't take Lowe's print out coupons anymore.

OP, to save more money, you can also buy Lowe's (and Home Depot) gift card at a discount and use the 10% off coupon. If you have Discover Card, you can redeem your rewards for Lowe's gift card at 10% off.

I think we've missed the OP's original question. There are eBay sellers (and probably elsewhere) who sell a large number of Lowe's 10% off coupons and they aren't the glossy ones that come from the post office. The OP asked where these non-post office coupons/codes come from. I am also interested in knowing - do they generate the numbers and print their own coupons or do they have a source for a large number of coupons elsewhere?

bippie said:   I think we've missed the OP's original question. There are eBay sellers (and probably elsewhere) who sell a large number of Lowe's 10% off coupons and they aren't the glossy ones that come from the post office. The OP asked where these non-post office coupons/codes come from. I am also interested in knowing - do they generate the numbers and print their own coupons or do they have a source for a large number of coupons elsewhere?

I think you missed the answer. Re-read the thread.

henry33 said:   ShaneM said:   Just do it online. Yes you can get the ones at the post office, but IMO it's better to just get one from online once in awhile, print off 20 of them and bring them when you go to HomeDepot, since they don't scan the barcode on it. This won't work at Lowe's, since they scan the code which deactivates it after first use.

That's a YMMV thing, some Home Depot won't take computer print outs. You may find one that does, but after a while, the manager probably sees them and tells the clerks to stop taking computer print outs. I'm told the Harbor Freight 20% off coupons sometimes works too. Most prices at Home Depot seem to be a little bit lower than Lowes in general, but once in a while Lowes is cheaper. The other thing you can do is go to Lowes, use the self checkout lane and don't drop the coupon in, then use the same coupon at Home Depot. Or you can phone in an order at Lowes, they will just ask for the barcode and then you can use it later at Home Depot. The only reason I still get things at Lowes seems to be for appliances, they're good about delivering them the next day if it's in stock.

Your comment: "don't drop the coupon in..." is a loss to the store. This action is is analogous to shoplifting and is not the FW way.

Stolat said:   henry33 said:   ShaneM said:   Just do it online. Yes you can get the ones at the post office, but IMO it's better to just get one from online once in awhile, print off 20 of them and bring them when you go to HomeDepot, since they don't scan the barcode on it. This won't work at Lowe's, since they scan the code which deactivates it after first use.

Your comment: "don't drop the coupon in..." is a loss to the store. This action is is analogous to shoplifting and is not the FW way.

RE:
" is a loss to the store

How so?
Is there a value to the coupon?
Does Lowes turn it in for some cash?

bippie said:   I think we've missed the OP's original question. There are eBay sellers (and probably elsewhere) who sell a large number of Lowe's 10% off coupons and they aren't the glossy ones that come from the post office. The OP asked where these non-post office coupons/codes come from. I am also interested in knowing - do they generate the numbers and print their own coupons or do they have a source for a large number of coupons elsewhere?

My wild guess: employees of USPS, employees of printing company. Some sellers seem to have endless supplies of legitimate coupons.
I know for sure that there are eBay sellers who sell fake coupons (color copied and badly trimmed/cut). I encountered them while we were doing renovations and needed a bunch of Lowe's coupons.

Stolat said:   henry33 said:   ShaneM said:   Just do it online. Yes you can get the ones at the post office, but IMO it's better to just get one from online once in awhile, print off 20 of them and bring them when you go to HomeDepot, since they don't scan the barcode on it. This won't work at Lowe's, since they scan the code which deactivates it after first use.

It's the coupon code that gets scanned in and it's a store coupon. Completely different from a manufacturer's coupon. There is no loss to the store. You can also place a phone order and give them the coupon code over the phone and they won't ask you to send it in, it's a unique code so it can't be used again. So it doesn't really matter whether they have the coupon or not.

yesidonoitall said:   Kdogg said:   It's not 10% but you can sign up for a Lowes Business account and get 5% on everything you put on their card. It's less hassle and less reward but it's legit.

Do both..
Get 15% off....

14.5% unless they take them off separately from the total.

I'm guessing they use lots of disposable email accounts to sign up for the movers coupon online.

Skipping 35 Messages...
Have you seen Lowes regular prices.
It is silly to think they do not want your purchase even with 10% off.
So they figure bring em on.

And Home Depot takes them because the promo cost them nothing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014