• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I got a call last night from a company called Adept Consumer Testing. They're asking me I'm available for a specific date in June to test some cars that aren't out in the market yet and claims that I'll be paid for it. Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of or done business with this company.

Member Summary

No, but they're googleable.

I've seen the Google results and they're mostly unhelpful. Thanks for the link to the Yelp review, I saw that too. The only problem the reviewer had is that Adept is paying with Visa gift cards which isn't that big of a deal for me.

Was just curious to the experiences of other people if there are any out there on FW. I'm not even sure how they got my phone number.

Prepaid VISA cards are not a big deal to me since I have to buy groceries anyway.

I'm curious if you have to live near Encino to get the phone call?

Some of those prepaid visa cards can just be deposited like a rebate check. My dad says he just takes it to the Chase tellers and they process it.

ablang said:   Prepaid VISA cards are not a big deal to me since I have to buy groceries anyway.

I'm curious if you have to live near Encino to get the phone call?

I live in NJ.

I called them back and they told me I didn't qualify because they weren't looking for my car.

I've done studies with them for years. Never had a problem.

Spac3d said:   Some of those prepaid visa cards can just be deposited like a rebate check. My dad says he just takes it to the Chase tellers and they process it.

how do you which ones??

WashingtonState said:   Click here for one opinion

Wow, I'm glad I read that. I have some VISA cards from focus group type places (that used to pay cash), and I was going to use them to pay my cable/internet bill, Costco gift cards bought online and anything else I usually do with a credit card, but now I know that these hundreds of dollars are really junk and not useable for anything other than, I suppose, 99 cent store type stuff. Crap.

They're legit. My kids have done at least a half dozen tests. It's always good when you show up and don't have to participate you get paid anyway. They overbook to make sure they have enough, then the extras get sent home with a check. I've gotten $150 and $100 checks before although I hear they're now only doing "rewards cards". We haven't done one in a while but that would really take the incentive away if it limits what you can do with the money.

Yes, Adept is a reputable consumer testing group that I have participated with twice. The participation was initiated by a "cold call." I enjoyed my experience with them twice (the first time was a taste test of soy milk at their offices and the second was a legal study that took place at the Sheraton Hotel in Downtown LA). It has been a while but I was paid cash when I went. It seems like they may have changed their policy.

I live in Northern Calif and I jsut did a survey this morning on cat food. It took 45 minutes and pays $125.00. At least that is what they said. Now to do the waiting game to see if I get a check. They said they mail a check as I ask specifically how they pay.

I'm in L.A. and they are great!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014