Webroot - 100% cashback For REAL?!?!

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
100% Cash Back from FatWallet.

Seems like a no brainer.

Anyone knows if the product is worth the purchase?

http://www.fatwallet.com/Webroot-coupons/

Member Summary

Webroot
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This is back on sale. 75 percent CashBack from fatwallet and 99.9 percent CashBack from ebates. It is the best anti-vi... (more)

MitchFlorida (Sep. 15, 2012 @ 7:20p) |

can anyone confirm that they got the 100% CashBack from the last deal?

friendlyguy (Sep. 15, 2012 @ 9:17p) |

This is no different than any other fw or ebates CashBack deal. It takes 4 days to hit your account, and 90 days to ge... (more)

MitchFlorida (Sep. 16, 2012 @ 4:49a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

techowl said:   100% Cash Back from Wallet.

Seems like a no brainer.

que?

treasurebeacon said:   techowl said:   100% Cash Back from Wallet.

Seems like a no brainer.

que?
http://www.fatwallet.com/Webroot-coupons/

It's a no brainer alright.

Well, if this is a brilliant promo to convince folks to switch to Webroot it worked for me. Just loaded up on some 3 year subs.

On the other hand if this is a bait and switch then it sux and I'll need some major refunds.

Restrictions for Use
Cash Back not available on Renewals or CDs.

Proceed with caution, not going to be resellable if that's your thing.

Perfect to meet credit card spend requirements...

bozo007 said:   Perfect to meet credit card spend requirements...Sure is. Can anyone confirm credit?

Ordered today. Will report back as soon as(if) got a credit.

Cash Back Sale Ends 6/30/12.

Restrictions for Use

Cash Back not available on Renewals or CDs.

fyi.....

If you do not want your subscription to be automatically renewed, you may discontinue this service at any time by following the instructions set forth in the Customer Receipt & Download Instructions that will be e-mailed to you after you place your order.

There is a 70 day no risk money back guarantee. Also, during checkout, make sure that you remove the backup CD since that seems to be what will void ca$hback.

What killed it for me was the sales tax or I would have been in.

so there is sales tax? otherwise, I could see this being an incredible churn opportunity with a bad 90 day waiting period

if there isn't sales tax, then this could be a 1-2% opportunity for a 90 day loan. Wonder how many I can buy?

There highest priced item is $269 for 5 computers for 3 years each. It does let you add as many to your cart as you'd like, but I foresee problems for people placing large orders that they don't use. Seems like a lot of hassle / risk if there isn't a way to resell any of the subscriptions.

On the flip side they do have a 70 day money back guarantee, so if the Cash Back doesn't post, just ask for a refund. Also the online storage seems nice to have for a 3 year period.

What I like to do is buy these things and sell them to old people I know at 2x the price for rebate stuff. It is really cool to get 100% CashBack too. I probably pass on this one, because old people like shiny new box.

Does the software have to be activated by a specific date? For example, can I wait until my current program expires in 10 months before I activate this version?

What about just buying it for credit card rewards only and donating the software?

fatxman said:   What I like to do is buy these things and sell them to old people I know at 2x the price for rebate stuff. It is really cool to get 100% CashBack too. I probably pass on this one, because old people like shiny new box.

Why would you do that to elderly people? Leave the old folks alone.

Got 100% chashback today in my account, ordered few days ago when deal started.

Getting like 7.4% tax...seems like they're pulling this number out of thin air, very shady. It's an intangible item, downloadable software isn't even supposed to be taxed in Illinois (I removed the CD so it is fully intangible...still taxing me). Combine that with autorenew and you have some top-notch shadiness going on from Webroot.

So there's no limit on the number you can purchase?

bozo007 said:   Perfect to meet credit card spend requirements...

You can buy business protection - SecureAnywhere endpoint protection, for maximum of 999 PCs with 3 years. That's $53546 total! Enough to get bonus from any airline credit cards.

They charge 1% tax in CT. (CT sales tax is flat 6.35%) I am confused.

It's a great risk to take. You better take video of entire ordering process.

How am I sure that the FatWallet CashBack is actually tracking my purchase before I make it? I remember in the past when I used rebate services like ebates there would be a window within a window that you would make your purchase in that would give you assurance that you would receive credit for the purchase.

BIGTCQB said:   How am I sure that the FatWallet CashBack is actually tracking my purchase before I make it? I remember in the past when I used rebate services like ebates there would be a window within a window that you would make your purchase in that would give you assurance that you would receive credit for the purchase.

Well, for one eBates owns Fatwallet. For two, fatwallet pops up a note window, so you can leave yourself a note on what you bought, how much it was, and what the CB % was and then you can pull that note up in your fatwallet account at any time.

How long does it take to receive an order confirmation? I placed an order early this morning and yet have to receive an email or order confirmation or anything. My credit card shows an authorization but I haven't received anything at all. Thanks.

Charging tax in NJ, for whatever reason. Otherwise I'd be in.

BrianGa said:   Charging tax in NJ, for whatever reason. Otherwise I'd be in.
And in MI

There is no field to change the quantity of the item in the cart, how do you add 999?

friendlyguy said:   There is no field to change the quantity of the item in the cart, how do you add 999?

Don't do it, they will not process your order and your funds will be held up for days and days. I tried to place a very large order and they did not fill it instead they emailed me asking about the order instead of just filling it and providing me with my CashBack so that I could pay the credit card company and do it again... I'll have to try smaller orders when my funds are returned to my account.

how about doing multiple orders of the most expensive package that they have? Would that work?

Is there any confirmation that the CB posts quickly? I'm in for secure anywhere complete for 5 years if that's the case.

GIANTmicrobes said:   Is there any confirmation that the CB posts quickly? I'm in for secure anywhere complete for 5 years if that's the case.

+1 A FW staff confirmation would be great to make sure there aren't any caveats?

Also any manu. MIR to double dip??

multiple orders ok?

offer over,down to 10%

anyone get the 100% CashBack yet?

This is back on sale. 75 percent CashBack from fatwallet and 99.9 percent CashBack from ebates. It is the best anti-virus out there. No hassles with mailing back forms or getting software in the mail.

can anyone confirm that they got the 100% CashBack from the last deal?

This is no different than any other fw or ebates CashBack deal. It takes 4 days to hit your account, and 90 days to get the cash rebate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014