• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Anybody ever bought anything from storegreat.com? I just surf this site from the link at Facebook. The price for the Oakley looks too good to be true. anybody bought from there before?
Good deal?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
So should your English tutor..

respdoc (Aug. 25, 2012 @ 9:29a) |

I placed a order just to see what would happen, I received them in 3 weeks, complete knock-offs, hard plastic crap. BUT ... (more)

seanec (Sep. 04, 2012 @ 12:21a) |

I try give to my son, his eye fall out. Is no good.

riznick (Sep. 05, 2012 @ 4:26a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I will say this. When I click on their BBB link it lists FramesDirect.com AND when I click on their Reseller Rating link it lists the same FrameDirects.com. I say it's a bogus website and at the least they would be knockoffs. I would stay away. Just my opinion.

I do not find that the BBB link or any other security or cc links to be valid and instead only point back to the page you are currently on. I smell scam.

The prices are normal better than stores / Oakley website but not too-good-to-be-true. Seems genuine.
Try Paypal or AMEX they are the best in dispute resolution.

I just pulled this info for the site.

ICANN Registrar:
GoDaddy.com, LLC
Created:
2012-06-01

Created 23 Days ago? I would think it's a scam.

I live close by and here are the local ratings

https://plus.google.com/110940501242225952317/about?gl=us&hl=en

the store is genuine.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Framesdirect.Com&f...

2801 S. IH 35, Ste# 170, Austin, TX 78741-5518

they also have a different website : http://www.afeyewear.com/include/information/contactus.aspx

apnagirish said:   The prices are normal better than stores / Oakley website but not too-good-to-be-true. Seems genuine.

The scammers exploit this logic. Ends up being even more tragic when you get a fake product or your CC stolen trying to buy something at a tiny discount. Product is disguised as 0akley (Zeroakley), and there is bad English throughout the site: they are definitely overpriced copies

Just stumbled upon it too. Knock offs or scam for sure.

The poor "Engrish" translation on their "About Us" page is a good warning sign that these Oakleys are likely imported fakes. A while back I bought a pair of Chinese made knock off Oaks (direct from China from another website, probably manufactured from the same factory that made these ones) to see how well they hold up and they are junk. They absolutely look legit up close I'll give them that, but the frames cracked under normal use & the rubberized finish started to rub off, leaving black marks on my face. My real ones have lasted YEARS under heavy use & abuse. Ye be warned...

Yup, the contact us email ID is a hotmail email.

I think just by the pictures on the site, it's obvious that they are fake knock-offs. I have a few newer models and they've never come with that fake "Oakley" sticker on the lens. They're pretty expensive knock off's too! Just go to your local mall kiosk or gas station if you want those...

I've gotten a tracking number from a Chinese location. I'll update when I have new information. I've ordered items from China before and it can take up to 2 weeks between the shipment date and delivery date. They're supposed to be OEM Oakley Sunglasses. I've been emailing back and forth with a Ruolan 'Linda' Huang and she's been very cooperative and helpful. I went through Paypal and I'm very much hoping for a good product. Retail price of the glasses I purchased is $130 and I purchased them for $27 +$9 shipping. Sounds reasonable and about par for merchandise coming out of China. My laptop keyboard that I'm typing on (Toshiba Satellite) is from China and it's better than the original factory keyboard. I'm expecting quality merchandise. Then again, I'm an optimist. Back in a few days for update

R.S.
Central Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

If you have any questions, throw me an email and I may be able to help. johnny78blaze@yahoo.com

Hi, I just purchased a pair of Oakleys at storegreat.com. I will follow up when I receive them. I used Paypal to pay and will open a dispute if needed. Will keep you posted!

Update!! I recieved my sunglasses in the mail today and they appear to be real Oakleys. It took about 10 days to get them from China to NC.USA.

Update:

Very pleased! From time ordered to delivery it was less than 10 days and I live in Pennsylvania. They are in fact real Oakley sunglasses with the MADE in U.S.A. stamped on the inside arm of the frame. The lense was real as well. I've bought a few pair of Oakleys in the past and I've seen plenty of fakes. These are the real deal and an absolute steal at the price I paid. They were exactly what I ordered and the sunglasses came in a nice protective Oakley case with Oakley cleaning cloth (fashionable case and black cloth). My fiance is already looking to get a pair from storegreat.com as well. I'd recommend them based on my experience and the sunglasses I received. I sent a number of emails to Ruolan "Linda" Huang (storegreat.com) and received a number of emails in return confirming authenticity of the site and sunglasses. I'm very relieved and impressed to say the least. For a grand total of $38, I don't know how ANYONE could complain. One last thing: I look damn good in them as well Have a great one! Hope this helped.

Again, any questions just email me. ^^^^^

I ordered 3 pair to get free shipping about 2 weeks ago, and they came in today. They did come with a protective case that I didn't order which was nice, but having a few other pairs of Oakley sunglasses before, and still having one to compare it to currently... I can confirm they are fakes for sure. They are descent looking fakes, but nothing you couldn't pick up at the flea market for $20 a pair. I paid through Paypal so hopefully I can get a refund or something to get a real pair since they tend to hold up much better! I even ran my Oakley Fives over with my car and other than some minor road rash on the inside of where surrounds my nose, they snapped back together without any issues and even no scratches on the lenses. The real ones are worth the extra few dollars. I was just hoping it was a legit site since they were linked to Facebook, I had assumed they were... I was completely wrong, and will make sure I do my homework like I typically would do before any purchases. I hope this helps!

There are no such things as 'decent fakes'. They're either fake or they're not. Period.

There is a website I found on Facebook in the US that sells discount Oakleys. Site is www.byhotstore.com
They even have a phone # and are located in Missouri.

I am afriad to meet some fake website, but how to recognize wether is website is fake? But I had ordered a pair of sunglass for Oakley from China, polished chrome iridium. It took me 3 weeks to receive it. Although delivery was a little long time, but the package was very nice, attached kits, cloth and box. I think it is not the fake. Is it right?

Oakleys are made in the US, why would they be sent from China if they were not fakes?

So many "new members" who just happened to join in June and July ... it must be an authentic deal.

I'm pretty sure that sites selling real Oakley sunglasses do not spell "0akley" with a zero instead of the letter "O." You would be lucky to even get knockoffs if you gave this scam site your money, and the "customers" posting here are clearly shills.

MechanicalMan said:   I'm pretty sure that sites selling real Oakley sunglasses do not spell "0akley" with a zero instead of the letter "O." You would be lucky to even get knockoffs if you gave this scam site your money, and the "customers" posting here are clearly shills.

But they are selling 0akley not Oakley, duh!

If you look at the FramesDirect.com website ... this site is like a copy and paste version of it ... but all the links like "live chat" are disabled or go no where or something else.

I just did a chat with FramesDirect.com and told them about it. They said it's the second time in the last month someone has done this ... and she will pass the word on to have the site shut down.