• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I thought FWF had a thread about this already but searching for "Verizon" doesn't pull anything up.

I think these work for folks who have been with VZW for at least 2 years, so slight YMMV.

For those of you who don't use up too many mobile minutes, Verizon has an unadvertised family share plan for $40 base + $10 per line. Two lines make that $60. Employee discounts if any will be applied on the base $40 + $10 for the primary account holder. Unlimited nights/weekends and in-network calling apply.

I just combined my wife's and my plans and it was all completed in less than 15 mins. Before that we were paying $40 per line, $80 total. New price is $60 total. $20 savings per month

They also have individual loyalty plans for around $10-$25 per month for anywhere from 50 to 200 minutes. Those are much restrictive in nature - e.g., no unlimited nights/weekends etc. Just ask for the loyalty plans when you call.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find, but: PagePlus Cellular has 1200 minutes, 3000 texts, and 100mb data for $30, a few bucks cheaper if you go through callingmart.com and use a coupon (you can find the coupon du jour at howard forums). Also no tax, no fees, etc.

And this might be for phones only plans. Supposedly if you try to upgrade to a smartphone you loose any grand fathered unlimited data plan or low use plan and have to do the share everything at $40 per smartphone, $30 per regular phone and $50 for 1gb of data. You do get unlimited txt and minutes however.

No it's not. Both of us were grandfathered into the $15 data plan for 150MB and that stayed the same with this change in voice plan. We both have smart phones.

mojoshtudd said:   No it's not. Both of us were grandfathered into the $15 data plan for 150MB and that stayed the same with this change in voice plan. We both have smart phones.

So you now have $60 for both phones in voice only, but also $30 for both 150mb data plans? That's good to know. I wonder what would happen if you try to add a line to it, or if you have a phone only and try to upgrade to a smartphone then...

rsuaver said:   mojoshtudd said:   No it's not. Both of us were grandfathered into the $15 data plan for 150MB and that stayed the same with this change in voice plan. We both have smart phones.

So you now have $60 for both phones in voice only, but also $30 for both 150mb data plans?

Yes

mojoshtudd said:   rsuaver said:   So you now have $60 for both phones in voice only, but also $30 for both 150mb data plans? YesSo $90 + tax + another tax + fees + more fees (and a contract?) vs. $60 (or less) all in for Page Plus. Is that 50MB each (and N/W + M2M) really worth $40+? Not in my world.

We are not talking about Page Plus in this thread. There are cheaper plans/service providers outside of Verizon. This thread is about how to minimize cost *if* you are with Verizon. Also, in reality, I am paying a lot less due to employee discounts. I didn't mention that because it is not necessarily true for all people. I don't know if smaller players like PagePlus give those type of discounts.

This is the Deal Discussion forum, meaning people are free to discuss (compare and contrast) the deal.

Of course people need to take all into account before making a decision, but it's a FW moral obligation to mention Page Plus (VZW reseller) in a VZW thread.

P.S. Thanks for posting the VZW deal [for those that fear leaving Big Red ].

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014