• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
rated:
Called directv this morning in regards to the loss of channels. Right off the bat, I was offered $100 statement credit and an upgrade to the nfl max package from the current package.

Phone number: 800-531-5000

Member Summary

directv
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I just fulfilled my two-year contract today and called to cancel. The rep proposed an offer and I was able to haggle a l... (more)

yoregano (Jul. 19, 2012 @ 11:11p) |

I am assuming the deal is dead at this point because the channels are back?

Luniz97 (Jul. 20, 2012 @ 2:26p) |

The "deal" was a YMMV/variable based on several factors (how long one was a customer, in or out of contract, level of pr... (more)

yoregano (Jul. 20, 2012 @ 2:47p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i was going to do the same but i have never called DirectTV for such a thing. What exactly is it that I should be saying to them? "Hi im such and such. When is the Viacom deal going to be over? Why am i paying for said subscription/package deal and not getting the channels you offered?" Other than sounding genuinely pissed about it(which it shouldnt be too difficult to do since), what other things can i say to help me out(and others) to get some credit back(which is the only thing i really want since i dont want to pay for a package deal that im not really getting)? Thank you for your time. I appreciate your help.

I just called to find out when they were getting them back and asking them what are my options because I am paying for those channels and casually mentioned that I also have Dish and they lost one channel and sent me a Roku and gave me 12 monthly credits of $10 a month.

Hit 0 to talk to CS not the automated system.

very YMMV...I just get a recording that says "thank you for your patience. We are standing firm against unreasonable demands and will keep you informed every step of the way"

ETA: I got offered free encore channels, although I'm pretty sure this is something they're doing automatically for everyone.

BMWLVR82 said:   very YMMV...I just get a recording that says "thank you for your patience. We are standing firm against unreasonable demands and will keep you informed every step of the way"

Hit 0 to talk to a CS, not the prompts to find out what is going on.

I'm a Cox Cable subscriber. How do I get on on this HAWT DEAL!?!?!?!?!?!??

When did calling up for credit become a hot deal?

On the phone with them now. CS is telling me they are giving everyone Encore for free to "take the heat off losing the channels". Told her I wasn't interested in Encore and I'm now on hold waiting for Billing department.

Update: Billing says at this time they are not offering anything above free Encore and that the situation should be resolved "shortly". Oh well...was worth a shot.

This is a huge YMMV... I was told that the Encore solution is the only solution and to wait it out... the outage should be "resolved" soon.

May try CSR roulette later today.

I was able to get a $15 per month credit for the next 6 months. Had to ask for a supervisor though. I am not under contract and I've been a customer for 10+ years, fyi.

It makes me so mad that we are the pawns in this kind of disagreement. I'm just glad I don't have Dish, cause I'd much rather lose comedy central than AMC. Breaking Bad premiers on Sunday!

BMWLVR82 said:   very YMMV...I just get a recording that says "thank you for your patience. We are standing firm against unreasonable demands and will keep you informed every step of the way"

ETA: I got offered free encore channels, although I'm pretty sure this is something they're doing automatically for everyone.

You just didn't try hard enough.

Luniz97 said:   BMWLVR82 said:   very YMMV...I just get a recording that says "thank you for your patience. We are standing firm against unreasonable demands and will keep you informed every step of the way"

I didn't try at all..Don't really care though either eta (meaning the motivation to deal with their cust serv is not there)

BMWLVR82 said:   Luniz97 said:   BMWLVR82 said:   very YMMV...I just get a recording that says "thank you for your patience. We are standing firm against unreasonable demands and will keep you informed every step of the way"

I didn't try at all..Don't really care though either

Not care about saving money? That's a first on fatwallet.

you can try calling corporate they wanted to offer only 200.00 credit but as stated by luniz97 he got $400.00 (300.00 for nfl and 100 for bill) the number is 310-535-5000 pacific time closes at 5 p.m. or 1-800-254-3809

We are only 6 months into our 2-yr contract and I just got a pay cut at work. I wonder if this would be an opportunity to get out of my contract.

I too want to get out of the contract, is there any way

Been trying to get them on the phone to do it but can't get through so I'm sending an online message.

Got through on the phone. The best they would do was $5 off for three months. Pitiful.

call the cancellation department

Luniz97 said:   Called directv this morning in regards to the loss of channels. Right off the bat, I was offered $100 statement credit and an upgrade to the nfl max package from the current package.

I bet if you have the Ultimate package you are likely to get the $100 credit. The Ultimate package comes with all the freebies they are offering.

jonny4 said:   Luniz97 said:   Called directv this morning in regards to the loss of channels. Right off the bat, I was offered $100 statement credit and an upgrade to the nfl max package from the current package.

I bet if you have the Ultimate package you are likely to get the $100 credit. The Ultimate package comes with all the freebies they are offering.

I have the choice package and still have 1 year remaining on my contract.

Thanks OP. I'm really bummed about the loss of the Viacom channels, since one of them is Nick Jr. With a toddler in the house, that is our most watched channel.

Got $10 a month for 3months.

I got $5 a month for 2 months plus showtime and stars for 6 months. Even asked for a supervisor they wouldn't budge.

Just scored $5.00 monthly credit and free Showtime for 3 months. Would rather have Comedy Central back!

they just gave me showtime unlimited for 6 months.i guess its ok

1 time $20 credit + $13 credit for 3 months

lynnfitz5 said:   Just scored $5.00 monthly credit and free Showtime for 3 months. Would rather have Comedy Central back!

Your post just got quoted on CNN.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/tech/web/directv-complaints/index....

They just offered me $5 for each month they don't have the Viacom Channels. I guess they don't want me as a customer anymore.

I've been offered

1. Free Encore
2. Free Showtime

no money (but I also just got a $20/month discount from them for the next 12 months starting last month).

I finally asked if we could get the DVR fee waived if we get a second DVR (we've wanted one anyway). I was offered a free HD DVR plus 6 months of DVR services.

BUT in the middle of my call the entire call center erupted in cheering and screaming. Does that mean the end of the stand-off is near?

I'm still on the phone.

They gave me $18 off for a year - $10 for the channels, free DVR service ($8). I would rather have the channels back too, but got what I could. They wouldn't let me out of the damn contract though!

I ended up with :

1st payment of Sunday Ticket Max Package - $36 (after I called the day before and got it for $150)
$5 statement credit for next 3 months.

erinm said:   I've been offered

1. Free Encore
2. Free Showtime

no money (but I also just got a $20/month discount from them for the next 12 months starting last month).

I finally asked if we could get the DVR fee waived if we get a second DVR (we've wanted one anyway). I was offered a free HD DVR plus 6 months of DVR services.

BUT in the middle of my call the entire call center erupted in cheering and screaming. Does that mean the end of the stand-off is near?

I'm still on the phone.

got to the end of my order and the "free" upgrade had a disclosure that my bill was going up $13/month. I cancelled my order.

$21 off for the next 3 months, $18 off for 9 months after that, total savings $225.00. Thank you Viacom. I hate MTV anyways.

Why is DirectTV getting rid of channels? I want to get rid of Comcast and was
thinking on getting Direct or Dish....but now

MumzOf2 said:   Why is DirectTV getting rid of channels? I want to get rid of Comcast and was

Viacom wanted DirecTV to pay 1 billion more a year for their channels which would increase DirecTV customers bills by 30% so DirecTV asked Viacom to come to the table and talk about a more reasonable price but Viacom refused so DirecTV followed Viacom's court order and removed their channels. It isn't DirecTV's fault like Viacom is making it out to be, Viacom is using scare tactics on the channels and lying to consumers. The long and short of the Viacom thing is their channels ratings have dropped dramatically over the last 5 years which means they are losing viewers which means they don't make as much money from advertising which makes them think they need to charge more for the channels. It is rather funny because they now lost all the DirecTV revenue and viewers so the ratings will go lower which means even less money. It is funny when greedy people/companies get their just desserts. Viacom has also removed streaming content this afternoon after DirecTV started telling customers they could watch online.

I called in and complained because everyone else was getting free encore and since I already paid for encore I was getting nothing. They gave me $25 credit on my bill for the next 6 months.

They only said that they'd give me a $5 credit for one month.

jonny4 said:   MumzOf2 said:   Why is DirectTV getting rid of channels? I want to get rid of Comcast and was
....Viacom has also removed streaming content this afternoon after DirecTV started telling customers they could watch online.

That was a smart move. Lose ALL your streaming customers. Even for those who do not subscribe to DirectTV.

"Viacom Blocks Online Content For All to Spite DirecTV"

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Viacom-Blocks-Online-Content-...

okunney said:   They only said that they'd give me a $5 credit for one month.

I really think how much you get has to do with how old the account is and what kind of channel package you have.

Skipping 52 Messages...
Luniz97 said:   I am assuming the deal is dead at this point because the channels are back?
The "deal" was a YMMV/variable based on several factors (how long one was a customer, in or out of contract, level of programming service, billing history, etc.). It still wouldn't hurt to call. One can always attempt to negotiate something.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.