• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Called last night:
1. $10 off the bill for 3 months
2. 6 months free Showtime
3. FREE NFL Ticket with one year contract.

They started with 5 bucks off for three months and went from there. I realized that we primarily watch the Viacom channels. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

I'm a longtime DirecTV customer and have nearly every channel they offer + Sunday Ticket..paying way too much for it all to begin with..
Called today to tell them I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket and got:
$10 of per month for 6 months
NFL Sunday ticket down to $24.99/mo for six months (was paying $60/mo for six months!!)
Then she transferred me to the PST(?) department and I got an additional $20 off per month for six months
We all need to just kill our televisions...

mrunge said:   Just a bit of interesting math (they only offered me $5 credit for the hassle):

DirecTV Claims that Viacom wants to boost the price by $1B, or a 30% increase from their current price.

This means that DirecTV was paying roughly $3B for the Viacom package. Divide this by their 20m customers, you get $150/yr/customer, or $12.50 per customer per month. If they offer anything less than $12.50 per month to you, they are pocketing the extra money that they are no longer paying Viacom. Anybody who got only $5 is now paying an extra $7.50/month (plus whatever markup DirecTV was already earning for those stations).

My understanding is that the $1B is over a period of years (though I don't know how many). I can't imagine DTV is paying $12.50 per month per customer. If so, my bill would be $500/mo

What back door number did you call?

Viacom caved, Directv customers can now watch Daily Show and Colbert online.... not that I give a $*&($ television sucks.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/17/technology/colbert-stewart-viaco...

$10 off a month for a year and free STARZ for 3 months. BOSS is getting to start back up and I really wanted to see those.

Thanks!

this link for the current update from DirecTV re: Viacom issue - http://www.directvpromise.com/latest-updates/

I called last week and spoke to a nice CSR... asked her how the weather was and got into the whole " Why are there channels missing"..
Please note I have all the channels + 4 receivers ..have been a customer for 7 years .. complained that all new customers are paying 85$ and free sunday ticket .. meanwhile I'm paying 119$ a month .. a little back and forth ...just being nice ...I ended up getting 30$ off for the next 12 months.. and NFL SUNDAY ticket + max free ..had to sign 1 year for Sunday ticket.

I got Starz and Showtime for free for 3 months. I also got NFL Sunday Ticket for 4 payments of $24.99/month = $100. Not bad for 5 minutes of work....Plus they reinstated my $10 month HD credit.....

I just fulfilled my two-year contract today and called to cancel. The rep proposed an offer and I was able to haggle a little bit further. I am getting a $20 credit plus $8 dvr credit for 12 months plus a "bonus" $10 credit for the first three months. The catch: contract extended another 12 months. But my average bill is going from $83 per month to $51.25 with the Choice Extra Classic package. I was really prepared to pull the plug, but am pretty satisfied with the deal. Don't care about a deal on Sunday ticket or HBO, etc.--don't need anything added--but happy about paying a good chunk less for what I already have.

I am assuming the deal is dead at this point because the channels are back?

Luniz97 said:   I am assuming the deal is dead at this point because the channels are back?
The "deal" was a YMMV/variable based on several factors (how long one was a customer, in or out of contract, level of programming service, billing history, etc.). It still wouldn't hurt to call. One can always attempt to negotiate something.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014