• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
rated:
If you did the $90 Intuit rebate from Staples recently and submitted your rebate to Parago read on.

I believe there was a thread or two also in hot deals that Mr C had posted when the rebate was active (just to refresh everyone's memory).

Parago is pulling a stunt on this and labeling the rebate as invalid due to not having the UPC.

Some of the SKU's that were in the promotion were online versions and didn't have an UPC.

In spite of the receipt (invoice) clearly showing that the SKU was indeed a qualifying product Parago has still sent this for a upper management review which will take 10 business days. SKU's listed at the end of OP.

Check the status of your rebate here

Website doesn't give a phone number, google was my friend, here is the number: Parago CSR Phone Number: 1-877-378-8545

Worse case I know Staples will have our back and may give us $90 store credit (typically valid for 90 days).

Here is the promo: $90 Mail in rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Simple Start (SKU's 366756,365853,369783,369794) at Staples

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
After 9 months already... there is a little hope.


Of course, the Company ID was written write on the receipt, that I mail... (more)

metsfan (Jun. 26, 2013 @ 11:33a) |

Received today, finally. Hate Intuit. Anyone have suggestions for my taxes next year other than TurboTax?

metsfan (Jul. 08, 2013 @ 5:25p) |

H&R @ Home. Used to be TaxCut.

mathfaster (Jul. 10, 2013 @ 8:47p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sligthly different for me. I finally got an email from them on Jul28. This is their stunt in my case:
Rebate: Variable Reward Check
Rebate Information For: XXXXXXXXX
Promotion: $90 Mail in rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Simple Start (SKU's 366756,365853,369783,369794) at Staples
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 07-28-2012
Status: Invalid
Status Detail: We apologize for the misunderstanding, we show that you did not purchase this product within the dates this promotion was valid.

usmonty have you called them yet? What did they say. If your dates all check out via the receipt I can't belive they are trying to pull this kind of scam.

I mailed my rebate like over 4 weeks ago and it just showed up in the system two days ago and now it already went to invalid due to missing UPC

ETA: My records show that I mailed it on 6/25. Their website shows date received of 07/29. Nearly 5 weeks to receive it, what a joke.

What kind of scam is this?

Are they purposely showing these up in the system 30 days late so they can perhaps use that excuse to deny the rebates? Will that be their next move?

Status for me show I did not sent them receipt.

This issue is also being discussed on that other forum. Someone had the same issue with lacking UPC for a download order and escalated to a supervisor at Parago to get it successfully resolved. I assume Parago is having issues with this rebate as it is the first time Staples has had a MIR for this product.

dupe

mathfaster said:   This issue is also being discussed on that other forum. Someone had the same issue with lacking UPC for a download order and escalated to a supervisor at Parago to get it successfully resolved. I assume Parago is having issues with this rebate as it is the first time Staples has had a MIR for this product.

My call actually was directly routed to a supervisor who still couldn't resolve it even though he acknowledged that I had done everything right (as per rebate guidelines).

He had to send it for "upper management review and approval" and said it would take up to 10 working days.

I did not call them yet about i"did not purchase this product within the dates". I'd call them tomorrow and update you on the result. My record shows I dropped them on the mail on 6/19. I was getting ready to follow up why there was no trace for more than 1 month and then just popped in my email on the 28th that its invalid (no reason mentioned in the email). When I clicked the link within the email, thats where it showed "did not purchase this product within the dates". Parago used to be very reliable for consumer rebates... I am not so sure these days.

newbietx said:   usmonty have you called them yet? What did they say. If your dates all check out via the receipt I can't belive they are trying to pull this kind of scam.

I mailed my rebate like over 4 weeks ago and it just showed up in the system two days ago and now it already went to invalid due to missing UPC

ETA: My records show that I mailed it on 6/25. Their website shows date received of 07/29. Nearly 5 weeks to receive it, what a joke.

What kind of scam is this?

Are they purposely showing these up in the system 30 days late so they can perhaps use that excuse to deny the rebates? Will that be their next move?



not a scam, I encountered the same lag time at Office Depot with their rebate. You'll find that you receive the check within 1-2 weeks from it being posted on the rebate site like that.

As for denying for the dates, I believe there was some goofy wording on this rebate that you had a very short window to ACTIVATE the software and register it on their system. That might be why some people are getting the invalid date reason.

As for the UPC issue, if you did the download version, and there is no UPC, and that's the reason for denial, I wouldn't be too concerned. It will get resolved, Staples is very good about backing up their rebate advertised items when Parago screws up or misunderstands. Hang in there everyone!

PS- don't blame Parago here, this is likely the directive they are getting from Intuit and they are denying them based on intuit's willingness to pay out for the rebates. the rebate house works for the manufacturer who pays the rebate (and the store to some degree), but not the other way around.

Understood Mr. C. And I agree that the rebate processor is under strict instructions from the manufacturer and perhaps Intuit is to blame here for the shabby guidelines and wrong info they have conveyed to Parago.

The dates are pretty messed up though, why would they show a rebate received date of like 5 weeks after the mail date. That is something under Parago's control I would think.

But yes Staples is what still keeps my confidence in the prcoess. Lets see how it shakes out.

newbietx said:   Understood Mr. C. And I agree that the rebate processor is under strict instructions from the manufacturer and perhaps Intuit is to blame here for the shabby guidelines and wrong info they have conveyed to Parago.

The dates are pretty messed up though, why would they show a rebate received date of like 5 weeks after the mail date. That is something under Parago's control I would think.

But yes Staples is what still keeps my confidence in the prcoess. Lets see how it shakes out.



That date is meaningless, it's not when they "received it", it's when they processed it. As I stated, unlike most rebates, which first take 30-45 days to mail the check from when it appears on rebateshq.com or whereever, the check for this intuit rebate will go out in 7-14 days. So from time you mailed it back in June to time you get the check (assuming your rebate is approved and valid) will be about 6-7 weeks, Not that far out of whack from what's stated on the rebate form.

My ordeal wit hthis rebate....

Mailed this Intuit rebate on 6/11/2012

USPS DC shows it was delivered at the TX PO box on 6/14/2012.

Forward 4 weeks:
Online status showed it was never received. Contacted Intuit Rebate Center (Pargo) and was told my only option was to resubmit as they are not responsible for my lost submission) Yeh Right!

I immediately filed a BBB complaint against Intuit since I have tracking shoing it was delivered to their PO box which is the end of my responsibility for this rebate. Magically as soon as the BBB complaint was received by Intuit 3 days later my rebate appeared and was approved. The online submission status showed the submission type as "CS input" . I know from past experience that means it was manually entered by Intuit. Gotcha!

Less than 24 hours later my rebate changed from approved to missing UPC! That same day I receied a phone call from the real Intuit CS (not Parago) stating my rebate was already in their system and I approved. I stated I beg to differ as it was showing invalid. Intuit CS fixed that.
The next day it showed as invalid because the company ID was invalid, I called Intuit CS and once again and they fixed it.
The next day it showed as invalid purchase date. Once again I called Intuit CS and they manually fixed it.
On the fourth day my rebate finally went to the fulfillment stage.
I received the $90 check on 7/27/2012.

Bottom line you need to call Intuit CS (Not Parago) if you want your $90 rebate! Below is the response that Intuit gave to the BBB complaint complete with a direct dial number to someone at Intuirt who can get your rebate fixed:


On July 24, 2012 I called and spoke to Mr.xxxx. I explained that I received his concerns today about the rebate. I looked at the status and it was approved check number 601675 in the amount of $90.00 was processed on July 23, 2012. He should receive it in 15 days. He said had he not complained he would have never received it and it should not have to be this hard to get a rebate.

Providing consistently outstanding customer service and high-quality products is our goal at Intuit. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this situation may have caused.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at (520) 901-3280. I will be happy to help.



Sincerely,

Sonia Mejia
Office of the President

cnlsfg thank you for sharing your experience and the phone number for Intuit. I may give them a call.

A real shame Intuit switched from Staples EasyRebates to mail-in. Glad I skipped this round.

Staples EasyRebates make it too easy for people to submit. They were probably paying out more than they expected.

Major pain. Bought on DAY 1, and mailed immediately. All sorts of denials including bad CUSTOMER CODE. Resubmitted Certified Mail ($6 cost), still denied. Sent another web message and they finally changed it to good.

I also had the some issues. They told me my Company ID was invalid and I sent them screenshots of my company ID being active and they still said its not in their system. After two weeks of fighting, I was approved. Still waiting for the checks though.

rbsolanki said:   Status for me show I did not sent them receipt.
I checked the form and it did not required receipt for this rebate. I called them, They apologized but still wanted receipt to be sent to them to process the rebate.

I checked their website a week ago and my submission was not there. I emailed them and they said they did not receive it. I resubitted with my copies and a copy of the email and it now shows that I should receive a check in one to two weeks.

I had the same problem of downloaded version without UPC Code, sent and email about it with the comment:

"
Comments: Hi, I received an "Invalid" Rebate submission because there was no UPC code. I purchased Quickbook SimpleStart, Download Version Only, so there was no UPC Code. The Staples SKU order was 369783, which was on the rebate form. Please Recheck. Thank you.

"

Also, called the customer service line yesterday; got a bad customer service supervisor - argued for 10 minutes; called intuit and complained; suddenly today, the rebate was updated to Valid:

Won't be doing dealing with Intuit again in the future.

Rebate:
$90.00 Check
Rebate Information For: 539344192
Promotion: $90 Mail in rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Simple Start (SKU's 366756,365853,369783,369794) at Staples
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 07-28-2012
Status: Valid
Status Detail: Your rebate submission is now valid. Please allow up to 15 business days from today to receive your rebate.

EDITED:

Got email replied today:
"Our records display that your rebate was invalid because we were missing the UPC barcode for the QuickBooks Online Simple Start. Since this was a downloadable version of QuickBooks we can process an exception for you and process the rebate without the barcode.

Please allow 15 business days for the $90.00 Intuit postcard check to be mailed.

For further questions feel free to reply to this email or review the promotions at www.intuitrebates.com."

evil doers

NEWBIETX,

I did not have a chance to call them. I did email them on the day I received notification (28Jul2012). In my email I stated that the purchase date on my order was within the offer dates and suggested they recheck my submission on their database. I got this reply today and today my rebate status is:
Status: Pending
Status Detail: Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing.

here is what's in the email I received today:
=================
I apologize it has taken this long to reply to your email.

I have verified that you made your purchase on 06/15/2012, your reward is now valid. Your rebate is now valid and your check in the form of a postcard, will be mailed in 15 business days. The check is in the form of a postcard, however, it is just like a regular check that can be deposited to your account.

If you have any additional questions feel free to reply to this email or contact us at 800-605-2652.


Sincerely,

Mark
Intuit Rebate Customer Service
==================

Thanks all for posting your updates.

Please continue calling Intuit directly and telling them how much their rebate process sucks!

Here is the number again for Intuit that cnlfsg shared: (520) 901-3280

Keep calling, it will make a difference.

Called Intuit's office of the president and expressed my displeasure with their clumsy handling of the rebate process.

They took all the details over the phone.

Saw this on my rebate status today:

Your rebate submission is now valid. Please allow up to 15 business days from today to receive your rebate.

I submitted the rebate package 4 weeks ago but still no status online. Anyone knows the rabate number for the $90 mail-in rebate,deadline 10-04-2012? I did not keep the pdf file of the rebate form...

ucixiaye said:   I submitted the rebate package 4 weeks ago but still no status online. Anyone knows the rabate number for the $90 mail-in rebate,deadline 10-04-2012? I did not keep the pdf file of the rebate form...
#12-94546

No reason to worry until it has been more than 45-50 days. The last Staples QB SS rebate took about that long for most.

Thanks upstairs. That's exactly what I need.
Through emails with the customer service, I was told that purchases with coupons DO NOT qualify the rebate, which I never heard before.
Weird...

bpvh said:   ucixiaye said:   I submitted the rebate package 4 weeks ago but still no status online. Anyone knows the rabate number for the $90 mail-in rebate,deadline 10-04-2012? I did not keep the pdf file of the rebate form...
#12-94546

No reason to worry until it has been more than 45-50 days. The last Staples QB SS rebate took about that long for most.


Am I screwed? Has everyone gotten their rebate?

unnamedone said:   bpvh said:   ucixiaye said:   I submitted the rebate package 4 weeks ago but still no status online. Anyone knows the rabate number for the $90 mail-in rebate,deadline 10-04-2012? I did not keep the pdf file of the rebate form...
#12-94546

No reason to worry until it has been more than 45-50 days. The last Staples QB SS rebate took about that long for most.


Am I screwed? Has everyone gotten their rebate? I am also having trouble finding the original deal thread.
Just put "Staples" as the search argument doing a forum search and then sort the results by create date. Find QB in the title hopefully.

mathfaster said:   unnamedone said:   bpvh said:   ucixiaye said:   I submitted the rebate package 4 weeks ago but still no status online. Anyone knows the rabate number for the $90 mail-in rebate,deadline 10-04-2012? I did not keep the pdf file of the rebate form...
#12-94546

No reason to worry until it has been more than 45-50 days. The last Staples QB SS rebate took about that long for most.


Am I screwed? Has everyone gotten their rebate? I am also having trouble finding the original deal thread.
Just put "Staples" as the search argument doing a forum search and then sort the results by create date. Find QB in the title hopefully.


Thanks! Found it. link

Seems like there isn't much discussion about the rebate. Perhaps I am the only unlucky one...

unnamedone said:   mathfaster said:   unnamedone said:   bpvh said:   ucixiaye said:   I submitted the rebate package 4 weeks ago but still no status online. Anyone knows the rabate number for the $90 mail-in rebate,deadline 10-04-2012? I did not keep the pdf file of the rebate form...
#12-94546

No reason to worry until it has been more than 45-50 days. The last Staples QB SS rebate took about that long for most.


Am I screwed? Has everyone gotten their rebate? I am also having trouble finding the original deal thread.
Just put "Staples" as the search argument doing a forum search and then sort the results by create date. Find QB in the title hopefully.


Thanks! Found it. link

Seems like there isn't much discussion about the rebate. Perhaps I am the only unlucky one...
That rebate WAS really delayed for those who presubmitted. Lot more info on that rebate on the other forum. I did that rebate but did not presubmit and got my rebate by end of September.

I did not presubmit either. Missed the 60 day money back period. I don't know how many MM deals I'll have to do to make this one up.

Intuit's rebates are being processed by parago. This effing company sucks. I submitted for a $90 rebate for QuickBooks on Nov 29th 2012. First they lost the receipt. Now the faxed copy of the receipt is illegible. Just submitted a PDF copy to their escalations email address.
Filed a BBB complaint against Intuit.
Want to file a complaint with the Attorney General.

Any tips/advice will be appreciated.

vrb747 said:   Intuit's rebates are being processed by parago. This effing company sucks. I submitted for a $90 rebate for QuickBooks on Nov 29th 2012. First they lost the receipt. Now the faxed copy of the receipt is illegible. Just submitted a PDF copy to their escalations email address.
Filed a BBB complaint against Intuit.
Want to file a complaint with the Attorney General.

Any tips/advice will be appreciated.


how did you find out they lost the receipt? most of us have yet to even get an update on the Bfriday Intuit rebate for $90 at Staples.

MISTERCHEAP said:   vrb747 said:   Intuit's rebates are being processed by parago. This effing company sucks. I submitted for a $90 rebate for QuickBooks on Nov 29th 2012. First they lost the receipt. Now the faxed copy of the receipt is illegible. Just submitted a PDF copy to their escalations email address.
Filed a BBB complaint against Intuit.
Want to file a complaint with the Attorney General.

Any tips/advice will be appreciated.


how did you find out they lost the receipt? most of us have yet to even get an update on the Bfriday Intuit rebate for $90 at Staples.


I checked my status which basically said "Nothing received". Lost patience, since its been two months now.

I used the "Email us" link. Got a response within 24 hours asking me to fax in the receipt since they received everything except the receipt. Then wait 72 hours after the fax.

Faxed everything. waited 96 hours, no response.

So I emailed again (responded to the earlier email).

They now said "receipt is illegible". F U Intuit rebate center or parago, whoever the eff you are. And DOUBLE F U to intuit.

I filed a BBB complaint against intuit and then called Intuit Rebate Center/Parago (the number was mentioned earlier in this thread). The asswipe who answered refused to help. Claimed he was manager. I gave him an earful and he finally gave me the escalations email, so that i could email him a "legible" copy of the receipt in PDF format. Told me to give him 48 hours for a response. That was today.

I am now looking into filing a complaint with the attorney general of Florida, against both Intuit and Intuit Rebate Center/Parago.
Im wondering if this is foolish and how best to proceed, thats why i posted asking for advice.

I resubmitted mine too and I still don't see the rebate from the Black Friday...

I couldn't take it anymore and called (800) 201-0845 and spoke to a Mark. According to him, there has been "overwhelming response" on this rebate...and that they had started telling people in january, but since my has definitely been more than 9 weeks to resend the info (pdf file) via email ( intuit@intuitrebates.com ) and I should receive a response within 72hrs. I will update if I get more info. if a person hasn't seen anything yet, I suggest you do the same if you haven't already done so.

vrb747 said:   Intuit's rebates are being processed by parago. This effing company sucks. I submitted for a $90 rebate for QuickBooks on Nov 29th 2012. First they lost the receipt. Now the faxed copy of the receipt is illegible. Just submitted a PDF copy to their escalations email address.
Filed a BBB complaint against Intuit.
Want to file a complaint with the Attorney General.

Any tips/advice will be appreciated.


vrb747 said:   
I checked my status which basically said "Nothing received". Lost patience, since its been two months now.

I used the "Email us" link. Got a response within 24 hours asking me to fax in the receipt since they received everything except the receipt. Then wait 72 hours after the fax.

Faxed everything. waited 96 hours, no response.

So I emailed again (responded to the earlier email).

They now said "receipt is illegible". F U Intuit rebate center or parago, whoever the eff you are. And DOUBLE F U to intuit.

I filed a BBB complaint against intuit and then called Intuit Rebate Center/Parago (the number was mentioned earlier in this thread). The asswipe who answered refused to help. Claimed he was manager. I gave him an earful and he finally gave me the escalations email, so that i could email him a "legible" copy of the receipt in PDF format. Told me to give him 48 hours for a response. That was today.

I am now looking into filing a complaint with the attorney general of Florida, against both Intuit and Intuit Rebate Center/Parago.
Im wondering if this is foolish and how best to proceed, thats why i posted asking for advice.


UPDATE: Finally received my $90 check today (sent it out 11/29/2012). What a nightmare this was. Will never do another Intuit/QuickBooks rebate again.

Just received a reply...can i argue with them on this? I want to say it should be possible, but since it's a MIR and not an easyrebate, I don't know how to argue


Dear [VivYip]
After reviewing your rebate I noticed that there was a coupon of $74.05 applied to the purchase of your software. This means that the total of your purchase was $45.53, unfortunately this means you would not qualify for the $90.00 rebate.



If you have any additional questions Mrs. Yip, feel free to reply to this email or contact us at 800-605-2652.





Sincerely,



Mark

Intuit Rebate Customer Service

Skipping 44 Messages...
metsfan said:   Received today, finally. Hate Intuit. Anyone have suggestions for my taxes next year other than TurboTax?H&R @ Home. Used to be TaxCut.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014