• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
VivYip said:   Just received a reply...can i argue with them on this? I want to say it should be possible, but since it's a MIR and not an easyrebate, I don't know how to argue

Dear [VivYip]
After reviewing your rebate I noticed that there was a coupon of $74.05 applied to the purchase of your software. This means that the total of your purchase was $45.53, unfortunately this means you would not qualify for the $90.00 rebate.

If you have any additional questions Mrs. Yip, feel free to reply to this email or contact us at 800-605-2652.

Sincerely,

Mark

Intuit Rebate Customer Service

Viv, I take it that your "coupon" was a Staples Rewards check? If so, I would explain that to Mark, that a Rewards Check is similar to paying with a gift card and Intuit is still getting their full money from Staples from the purchase. If they still don't budge, I would complain to the Office of the President at Staples and say that items being advertised as free after rebate by Staples are not being honored as advertised and see if they will intervene.

well LOW AND BEHOLD!!!

my rebate status finally updated from them, nearly 3 months after I mailed it in. showing "INVALID COMPANY ID" and rejected for now, hopefully a call with this info will get it corrected. BUT still a big relief to have it show up and not have to mess with the resubmission nonsense.

These intuit rebates are NOT for the faint of heart, unfortunately, it's about the only high dollar MIR from Staples that exists now. The $165 Peachtree Pro rebates seem to have dried up (remember those?)

My rebate from November just finally showed up (2 months after mailing!) and of course it was rejected for Invalid Company ID, even though I wrote it on the form. Just sent email to Parago to complain, let's see what they say.

I really do not expect this kind of nonsense from a supposedly legit company like Intuit, although there is history of the Simple Start rebates being problematic. I've never done one (that had to be mailed in) before because of what I'd read.

I vaguely recall having a problem with an Intuit rebate years ago (maybe it was Sage), getting a similar and idiotic denial due to coupon(s) being used. I did whatever complaining/explaining was necessary and did get my rebate paid.

These rebates have been going on for years, and that is reason enough that they deserve some punishment. Where do they come off telling customers just how they can and cannot pay? It would make sense if there were mfr. coupons being applied, but obviously theses are store-specific discounts that have nothing to do with the mfr., and they have to know this. It's ridiculous and worthy of outrage.

MISTERCHEAP said:    The $165 Peachtree Pro rebates seem to have dried up (remember those?)

Since it became Sage 50 they seemed to have changed their model.

yoregano said:   I vaguely recall having a problem with an Intuit rebate years ago (maybe it was Sage), getting a similar and idiotic denial due to coupon(s) being used. I did whatever complaining/explaining was necessary and did get my rebate paid.

These rebates have been going on for years, and that is reason enough that they deserve some punishment. Where do they come off telling customers just how they can and cannot pay? It would make sense if there were mfr. coupons being applied, but obviously theses are store-specific discounts that have nothing to do with the mfr., and they have to know this. It's ridiculous and worthy of outrage.

we've been dealing with that nonsense for some time on rebates purchased at CVS or RA paid for the extra bucks or ups. Companies decide the value of those belong to them suddenly in a rebate submission. I agree, it is an outrage, but I'm not sure what leg you have to stand on to really fight it (in fact, some rebate wording for OTC items now say you must pay by cash or credit card for the rebate to be paid in full).

JamesTKirk said:   MISTERCHEAP said:    The $165 Peachtree Pro rebates seem to have dried up (remember those?)

Since it became Sage 50 they seemed to have changed their model.

oh right, forgot they changed their name. We used to see 3-4 of those $165-190 Peachtree Pro rebates per year.

billrubin said:   My rebate from November just finally showed up (2 months after mailing!) and of course it was rejected for Invalid Company ID, even though I wrote it on the form. Just sent email to Parago to complain, let's see what they say.

I really do not expect this kind of nonsense from a supposedly legit company like Intuit, although there is history of the Simple Start rebates being problematic. I've never done one (that had to be mailed in) before because of what I'd read.

Bill,

I called the number listed elsewhere in this thread. According to the c/s rep (who was very nice), the rebate was acutally declined not for the company ID as noted, but for activating it outside the ridiculous window they give you. Because I ordered this online, I didn't receive it until after that date (due to BF/Thanksgiving holidays), so there was no possible way to activate it by 11/25 as required (received it on the 27th). so I got their "since you're a valued customer" nonsense to make a one time exception routine and it was approved.

Should have my check within 14 days. It was updated on the rebate page as well.

yoregano said:   I vaguely recall having a problem with an Intuit rebate years ago (maybe it was Sage), getting a similar and idiotic denial due to coupon(s) being used. I did whatever complaining/explaining was necessary and did get my rebate paid.

Actually that is not correct. Most if not all of the product specific "instant savings" , coupons and SER rebate discounts Staples offers are 100% funded by the manufacturer or vendor that stocks the product in Staples. Tax-wise all those discounts are all treated as manufacturer coupons. You can't seriously think Staples offers a $100 instant savings on an Intuit QuickBooks product and then actually eats all that cost? The margins on software and hardware sold at Staples averages around 5% so Staples would quickly go bankrupt if they actually funded a fraction of the instant, coupon or rebate savings on items they offer every week.

Staples product specific rebates have ALWAYS had exclusions stating that certain offers were not valid with other offers. Until recently the rebate processors have rarely enforced those "other offers" rebate restrictions either becuase they were not told to or they simply did not have a way to cross-check “other offers”. In either case it is not just Intuit that is doing this kind of validation. Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky and are other manufacturers that have all recently started doing this type of additional other offer or product version limit validation. (not to be confused with the rebate limit) Legally since manufacturers are stating the exclusions in the rebate terms they are untouchable. However, IMO starting enforcing these types of without clearly defining what other offers or product version limits constitutes and giving those who participate in these offer prior notice is just bad business that will ultimately do them more harm in lost business than they gain from rejecting offers on vague rebate terms.

cnIsfg said:   yoregano said:   I vaguely recall having a problem with an Intuit rebate years ago (maybe it was Sage), getting a similar and idiotic denial due to coupon(s) being used. I did whatever complaining/explaining was necessary and did get my rebate paid.

Actually that is not correct. Most if not all of the product specific "instant savings" , coupons and SER rebate discounts Staples offers are 100% funded by the manufacturer or vendor that stocks the product in Staples. Tax-wise all those discounts are all treated as manufacturer coupons. You can't seriously think Staples offers a $100 instant savings on an Intuit QuickBooks product and then actually eats all that cost? The margins on software and hardware sold at Staples averages around 5% so Staples would quickly go bankrupt if they actually funded a fraction of the instant, coupon or rebate savings on items they offer every week.

Staples product specific rebates have ALWAYS had exclusions stating that certain offers were not valid with other offers. Until recently the rebate processors have rarely enforced those "other offers" rebate restrictions either becuase they were not told to or they simply did not have a way to cross-check “other offers”. In either case it is not just Intuit that is doing this kind of validation. Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky and are other manufacturers that have all recently started doing this type of additional other offer or product version limit validation. (not to be confused with the rebate limit) Legally since manufacturers are stating the exclusions in the rebate terms they are untouchable. However, IMO starting enforcing these types of without clearly defining what other offers or product version limits constitutes and giving those who participate in these offer prior notice is just bad business that will ultimately do them more harm in lost business than they gain from rejecting offers on vague rebate terms.

Think you are confused here....we are using the term coupons to mean "Staples REWARDS CHECKS" here, not the types of discounts you are listing.

I understand instant savings and the like being discounts from the mfr. and/or the vendor. I thought it was pretty clear what I was saying, like the situation posted by VivYip, where rewards and/or Staplez dollar off coupons caused a rebate to be rejected. Intuit has NO BUSINESS denying a rebate in a case like this since the discounts have nothing to do with them. Outrage is warranted because it's obvious that these types of coupons and rewards are Staplez offers and have no connection with Intuit.

FWIW, I have recently (within the last two months) received two McAfee rebates from transactions where I used rewards certs. and there were no problems whatsoever.

yoregano said:   I understand instant savings and the like being discounts from the mfr. and/or the vendor. I thought it was pretty clear what I was saying, like the situation posted by VivYip, where rewards and/or Staplez dollar off coupons caused a rebate to be rejected. Intuit has NO BUSINESS denying a rebate in a case like this since the discounts have nothing to do with them. Outrage is warranted because it's obvious that these types of coupons and rewards are Staplez offers and have no connection with Intuit.

FWIW, I have recently (within the last two months) received two McAfee rebates from transactions where I used rewards certs. and there were no problems whatsoever.

AH! sorry I misunderstood. Yes Staples Rewards are the same as cash as far as the manufacturer is concerned. They have nothing to do with the manufacturer or vendor offers. Your best bet is to complain to Staples OOP as I am sure they don't know this is happening.

MISTERCHEAP said:   I called the number listed elsewhere in this thread. According to the c/s rep (who was very nice), the rebate was acutally declined not for the company ID as noted, but for activating it outside the ridiculous window they give you. Because I ordered this online, I didn't receive it until after that date (due to BF/Thanksgiving holidays), so there was no possible way to activate it by 11/25 as required (received it on the 27th). so I got their "since you're a valued customer" nonsense to make a one time exception routine and it was approved.
There is nothing on the form that I submitted that has a deadline for registering the product. It simply said you had to purchase between 11/21 and 11/26 and activate the product. Period.

billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   I called the number listed elsewhere in this thread. According to the c/s rep (who was very nice), the rebate was acutally declined not for the company ID as noted, but for activating it outside the ridiculous window they give you. Because I ordered this online, I didn't receive it until after that date (due to BF/Thanksgiving holidays), so there was no possible way to activate it by 11/25 as required (received it on the 27th). so I got their "since you're a valued customer" nonsense to make a one time exception routine and it was approved.
There is nothing on the form that I submitted that has a deadline for registering the product. It simply said you had to purchase between 11/21 and 11/26 and activate the product. Period.

that may be, but they told me it had to be activated between those dates as well, which is why mine was rejected (but then approved)

rbsolanki said:   Status for me show I did not sent them receipt.What does your scan of all the materials you submitted show? Such scans have helped me 3 times, in one case by just mentioning it over the phone.

MISTERCHEAP said:   that may be, but they told me it had to be activated between those dates as well, which is why mine was rejected (but then approved)OK, I got the usual BS response saying they approved it because I am a valued customer. It's not worth replying and telling them that there was no such requirement since it won't do any good, anyway. At least they didn't try to pull the "you used coupons" on me.

We really should make Staples aware of this BS.

Your rebate in the amount of $90.00 was invalid because the Company ID was not verified, this can happen when the product was not activated within the promotional dates. Since you are a valued customer to us, I have validated your rebate. Your check will be mailed within the next 15 business days. The check is in the form of a postcard, however, it is just like a regular check that can be deposited to your account.

billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   that may be, but they told me it had to be activated between those dates as well, which is why mine was rejected (but then approved)OK, I got the usual BS response saying they approved it because I am a valued customer. It's not worth replying and telling them that there was no such requirement since it won't do any good, anyway. At least they didn't try to pull the "you used coupons" on me.

We really should make Staples aware of this BS.

Your rebate in the amount of $90.00 was invalid because the Company ID was not verified, this can happen when the product was not activated within the promotional dates. Since you are a valued customer to us, I have validated your rebate. Your check will be mailed within the next 15 business days. The check is in the form of a postcard, however, it is just like a regular check that can be deposited to your account.
Oh this is so much BS from Intuit. I mailed in one of their rebates in September and they got it in about a week. Prior to that I did activate it in the their time frame. Sent in the customer number. It still failed for invalid customer number as their stupid system did not have the customer ids in the database for validation. A quick phone call fixed the issue. Did not get any of that courtesy yak.

I got invalid rebate because of customer id too. What is the number to call the customer service? rebateshq or intuit customer service number?

MISTERCHEAP said:   Should have my check within 14 days. It was updated on the rebate page as well.I didn't believe them when they said 14 days, but my check arrived in the mail today.

tusi said:   I got invalid rebate because of customer id too. What is the number to call the customer service? rebateshq or intuit customer service number?I just did a chat from the RebatesHQ site.

Go here: http://rebateshq.com/promocenter/rebateshq/customer_service.html and click "Chat Now" at the bottom of the page. Easier than navigating the phone menu trying to figure out where they hid "talk to someone".

-billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Should have my check within 14 days. It was updated on the rebate page as well.I didn't believe them when they said 14 days, but my check arrived in the mail today.

yes, the one positive thing I will say for these rebates, once they tell you it's "approved" your check comes very quickly.

On the other hand, I've done rebates where it shows approved in the system within 2-3 weeks, and have waited 3 months til a check is finally cut/sent out.

Just got the dreaded postcard today. Thanks for the discussion, I'll try to get a chat tomorrow and take care of this.

Mine (mailed September!) still not in the system. I hate mail-in rebates.

Did a chat, was told to mail or fax to resubmission department. Decided to try faxing, since I was told 5-7 days if faxed, 2-4 weeks if mailed, to get it into their system. Faxed with faxzero.com, included a copy of the online chat with it. We'll see what happens...

Mine was also mailed in Sep, 2012! they said they did not receive my mail, and refuse resubmission! I filed BBB immediately afterwards.

metsfan said:   Mine (mailed September!) still not in the system. I hate mail-in rebates.

Did a chat, was told to mail or fax to resubmission department. Decided to try faxing, since I was told 5-7 days if faxed, 2-4 weeks if mailed, to get it into their system. Faxed with faxzero.com, included a copy of the online chat with it. We'll see what happens...
I don't think the issue is mail-in rebates per se. I think it is Intuit mail in rebates. Have done 5 mail in Staples rebates(McAfee/Total Defense) so far this year and all were validated in a week to ten days of mailing. The September rebate for Intuit I mailed and got an invalid customer ID issue that I fixed over the phone in 5 minutes and got the check 2 weeks later. These later Nov. Intuit rebates seem to be a real PITA. Maybe why they switched from SER to mail-in to disallow more of them. Seems that way.

mathfaster said:   metsfan said:   Mine (mailed September!) still not in the system. I hate mail-in rebates.

I don't think the issue is mail-in rebates per se. I think it is Intuit mail in rebates. Have done 5 mail in Staples rebates(McAfee/Total Defense) so far this year and all were validated in a week to ten days of mailing. The September rebate for Intuit I mailed and got an invalid customer ID issue that I fixed over the phone in 5 minutes and got the check 2 weeks later. These later Nov. Intuit rebates seem to be a real PITA. Maybe why they switched from SER to mail-in to disallow more of them. Seems that way.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that mail-ins in general had this problem. This is definitely shenanigans by Intuit saying they never received it or trying to deny them. I just don't like mail-ins in general because it opens them up to more problems like this. SERs are so easy. I just did the McAfee/Total Defense ones recently, not enough time to see anything yet. Hopefully soon.

i think the intuit rebates might go way of peachtree...the hassle/complaints would discourage both the shopper and eventually the vendor/manufacturer to offer the rebates... (I only did peachtree once...and had to resubmit a long time ago...stayed away from them since...after intuit implemented "activation" and the mail in rebates, especially in the end of 2012, I'm staying far and away if they they're offering soething FAR)

VivYip said:   i think the intuit rebates might go way of peachtree...the hassle/complaints would discourage both the shopper and eventually the vendor/manufacturer to offer the rebates... (I only did peachtree once...and had to resubmit a long time ago...stayed away from them since...after intuit implemented "activation" and the mail in rebates, especially in the end of 2012, I'm staying far and away if they they're offering soething FAR)Yes and the stain is long lasting. People still stay away from McAfee rebates after OD issues a couple of years ago. Even now after having done Staples McAfee rebates this year and gotten the checks I am very reluctant to submit another rebate for the same McAfee product even though it is/was a different offer number. I am not going near another QB rebate after this feedback from the Nov. one.

I submitted my rebate for this in Nov 2012, it showed up couple of weeks ago and then I recd a postcard saying "MISSING COMPANY ID". Called them up and they made 'one time exception' and now my rebate is valid Thanks OP for the phone number.

mathfaster said:   VivYip said:   i think the intuit rebates might go way of peachtree...the hassle/complaints would discourage both the shopper and eventually the vendor/manufacturer to offer the rebates... (I only did peachtree once...and had to resubmit a long time ago...stayed away from them since...after intuit implemented "activation" and the mail in rebates, especially in the end of 2012, I'm staying far and away if they they're offering soething FAR)Yes and the stain is long lasting. People still stay away from McAfee rebates after OD issues a couple of years ago. Even now after having done Staples McAfee rebates this year and gotten the checks I am very reluctant to submit another rebate for the same McAfee product even though it is/was a different offer number. I am not going near another QB rebate after this feedback from the Nov. one.

happy to report my most recent McAfee at Staples ($65MIR) was approved and not subjected to the audit nonsense.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ..happy to report my most recent McAfee at Staples ($65MIR) was approved and not subjected to the audit nonsense.How many times have you done a McAfee rebate for the same product recently? Assuming new offer number for each of course. With so few FAR or near FAR deals and the sunset of the mobile app 20% off $40 SW coupon, I'm inclined to do more rebates for McAfee for the same product if they will pay out.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..happy to report my most recent McAfee at Staples ($65MIR) was approved and not subjected to the audit nonsense.How many times have you done a McAfee rebate for the same product recently? Assuming new offer number for each of course. With so few FAR or near FAR deals and the sunset of the mobile app 20% off $40 SW coupon, I'm inclined to do more rebates for McAfee for the same product if they will pay out.

almost certain it was the 3rd time for the 3User 2013 Title that was FAMIR around Presidents Day (when they had the 20% off bag promo going).

yes, all different offer #'s.

EDIT TO ADD

Rebate: $65.00 Check
Rebate Information For: Mister Cheap
Promotion: $65 Mail In Rebate on McAfee Total Protection 3PC 2013 (SKUs 959597, 957357, 982948) at Staples
Submission Type: MAIL-IN
Date Received: 03-09-2013
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

Has anyone that had to use the resubmit option because their paperwork never showed in the system? My resubmit finally just appeared, and it shows up on intuitrebates.com with this status:

Submission Type: CUSTOMER CARE
Date Received: 03-30-2013
Status Detail: Missing Email Confirmation &/or Original UPC or Invalid UPC number

It also doesn't show up on rebateshq.com, strangely enough.

pthor1231 said:   Has anyone that had to use the resubmit option because their paperwork never showed in the system? My resubmit finally just appeared, and it shows up on intuitrebates.com with this status:

Status Detail: Missing Email Confirmation &/or Original UPC or Invalid UPC number

Mine's there too... hadn't been checking there, only rebateshq. Mine says:
Date Received: 03-07-2013
Status Detail: QuickBooks Online Simple Start Missing Customer ID
Missing Email Confirmation &/or Original UPC or Invalid UPC number

metsfan said:   pthor1231 said:   Has anyone that had to use the resubmit option because their paperwork never showed in the system? My resubmit finally just appeared, and it shows up on intuitrebates.com with this status:

Mine's there too... hadn't been checking there, only rebateshq. Mine says:
Date Received: 03-07-2013
Status Detail: QuickBooks Online Simple Start Missing Customer ID
Missing Email Confirmation &/or Original UPC or Invalid UPC number

Wow, talk about a bunch of scummy pieces of crap. Just got this response from filling out their web form yesterday:

Your rebate in the amount of $90.00 is invalid because it was submitted after the promotion closed. This has been reviewed by upper management and we will be unable to process the rebate. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

On not seeing $90 intuit rebate mailed on March 13 not show up after 21 days I emailed Intuit Rebates <intuit@intuitrebates.com>. They asked to do re submission at Fax # 1-866-964-1213 that I did. In one day they replied with new tracking number that showed validated status as below. The old tracking still shows paperwork awaited. Hopefully it will come in 3 weeks time...

Promotion: $90 Mail In Rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Online Simple Start (SKUs 953839, 957741, 984182, 984183) at Staples
Date Received: 04-09-2013
Status Detail: Your rebate submission is now valid. Please allow up to 15 business days from today to receive your rebate.

I want to buy QuickBooks to test out and learn for my new internship coming up. Should I even bother buying this FAR option of QuickBooks online?

I am assuming no, due to all of the hell I see before me.

Note to self: Put Intuit and Intuit Rebate Center/Parago on same list as Staples.

Thank you to all posters/researchers in this thread.

invisible said:   On not seeing $90 intuit rebate mailed on March 13 not show up after 21 days I emailed Intuit Rebates <intuit@intuitrebates.com>. They asked to do re submission at Fax # 1-866-964-1213 that I did. In one day they replied with new tracking number that showed validated status as below. The old tracking still shows paperwork awaited. Hopefully it will come in 3 weeks time...

Promotion: $90 Mail In Rebate on Intuit QuickBooks Online Simple Start (SKUs 953839, 957741, 984182, 984183) at Staples
Status Detail: Your rebate submission is now valid. Please allow up to 15 business days from today to receive your rebate.

you've got to be patient, intuit rebates take 60-90 days to show up, never in 21. By calling and doing a resubmission, you potentially cause yourself more headaches than if you're patient and let it show up on it's own, which, in my experience, they usually do. You might have a "rejection" reason once it does, but that can usually get reversed if you've submitted it properly and it's some petty reason they've cited.

MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   On not seeing $90 intuit rebate mailed on March 13 not show up after 21 days I emailed Intuit Rebates <intuit@intuitrebates.com>. They asked to do re submission at Fax # 1-866-964-1213 that I did. In one day they replied with new tracking number that showed validated status as below. The old tracking still shows paperwork awaited. Hopefully it will come in 3 weeks time...

you've got to be patient, intuit rebates take 60-90 days to show up, never in 21. By calling and doing a resubmission, you potentially cause yourself more headaches than if you're patient and let it show up on it's own, which, in my experience, they usually do. You might have a "rejection" reason once it does, but that can usually get reversed if you've submitted it properly and it's some petty reason they've cited.

I got the $90 check. Actually what I did worked out better in this specific case for sure: I emailed them after stipulated 21 days post submission, then per instructions faxed them what I had submitted. As they quickly re-validated they also processed the check fast.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014