Selling yearbooks to Classmates.com

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Has anyone done this deal where you send your school yearbook to Classmates.com and they send you a $25 Amazon gift card? Seems a little too easy and I'm wondering what the catch is. Thanks.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
As mentioned above yes, I did send my yearbook in and yes, I did get paid. I don't remember how long it took...but it w... (more)

Neidman (Aug. 22, 2012 @ 4:29a) |

Great, thanks. I did get a reply to my email to them stating:
"Please allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the date we r... (more)

CMeys (Aug. 22, 2012 @ 7:40a) |

So been 6 weeks after they received my first 2 yearbooks. Nothing from them. Sent a E-mail. got a response back with ... (more)

bookreader54321 (Oct. 08, 2012 @ 2:51p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Post a link to where you saw that. I looked on their website and didnt locate it.

SlamminMOFO said:   Post a link to where you saw that. I looked on their website and didnt locate it.

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/submitform?schoolId=&offerTy...

Maybe this is a targeted email but I'm not a premier or gold or whatever you pay for so I can't see how they chose me. I was surprised when I couldn't find any mention here or on SD.

Sent in for 2 of my high school ones. Will see what they say. did a search on their website for the years I have and found nothing.

"We can only accept yearbooks dated 1988 or earlier."

I wonder why?

Harder to get. Figure digital prints were just starting in the late 80's

kettledrum said:   "We can only accept yearbooks dated 1988 or earlier."

I wonder why?

Someone wants to be able to age photos of people my age who sold out and became Republicans. Then embarrass us to death and throw the election. Get rid of all the old white men.

Oooh I bought a storage auction that has some old ones, thanks!

classmates.com is still around?

fleabay has a thriving market for yearbooks. They fetch a much higher price than cm.

I never bought from cm, just on Amazon

Classmates uses what you send them to prey on unsuspecting people. Take the yearbook, find contact info, contact people saying you are "working with the school to build a current yearbook", get other people's contact info from that person... You are helping that dishonorable practice by sending yearbooks.

I wonder why?

Wonders if they accept from the 30's?

EradicateSpam said:   Classmates uses what you send them to prey on unsuspecting people. Take the yearbook, find contact info, contact people saying you are "working with the school to build a current yearbook", get other people's contact info from that person... You are helping that dishonorable practice by sending yearbooks.

How in God's green Earth is classmates.com going to use 25+ year old data to contact people? First off my yearbook only has my name/photo in it, secondly, even if it did have address/phone information, it'd be a quarter of a century old!

I wonder why?

At least I can sell my first 5 years.

I sold them mine. No problems with payment. They take your yearbook, scan it, then try to re-sell it to others in your class for something like $80 a copy.

I wonder why?

Copyrights maybe?

Neidman said:   I sold them mine. No problems with payment. They take your yearbook, scan it, then try to re-sell it to others in your class for something like $80 a copy.

ah ha.

dhilpert said:   Has anyone done this deal where you send your school yearbook to Classmates.com and they send you a $25 Amazon gift card? Seems a little too easy and I'm wondering what the catch is. Thanks.

They probably resell the yearbook. They're desperate since Facebook destroyed their business

mariajoseph12 said:   dhilpert said:   Has anyone done this deal where you send your school yearbook to Classmates.com and they send you a $25 Amazon gift card? Seems a little too easy and I'm wondering what the catch is. Thanks.

They probably resell the yearbook. They're desperate since Facebook destroyed their business

They never had a decent business to begin with.

Classmates.com never presented a decent social media site, they hide behind paywalls, want you to spam your friends to get them to join, lie about the number of "people" that you will know on the site, and are probably one of the shadiest companies on the internet.

They're desperate because they've always been desperate, Facebook just helped to ensure their mediocrity will die faster than they otherwise would have.

Neidman said:   I sold them mine. No problems with payment. They take your yearbook, scan it, then try to re-sell it to others in your class for something like $80 a copy.There's no copy right on yearbook?

Oh ya, I agree, FB is killing classmate.com

Well never got an E-mail back from them but just got a package containing the FedEx box and paperwork. No mention of money for my yearbooks. Put in an E-mail to them but have not heard back.

Anyone ever get actual quote from them and if so how much per book?

I also just got the package in the mail to ship them the year book and nothing in the package mentions the payment ($25 Amazon gift card is promised on their website), so I am hesitate to send it in.

I've also emailed them for a confirmation that payment will be made.

Has anyone here sent in a yearbook and received the gift card? How long did it take to get it?

CMeys said:   I also just got the package in the mail to ship them the year book and nothing in the package mentions the payment ($25 Amazon gift card is promised on their website), so I am hesitate to send it in.

I've also emailed them for a confirmation that payment will be made.

Has anyone here sent in a yearbook and received the gift card? How long did it take to get it?

As mentioned above yes, I did send my yearbook in and yes, I did get paid. I don't remember how long it took...but it wasn't long enough to get me worried.

Great, thanks. I did get a reply to my email to them stating:
"Please allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the date we receive your yearbook(s) here to receive your reward for contributing to our yearbook collection. We'll send you an email with more details as soon as your rewards are available."

I will send one out today.

So been 6 weeks after they received my first 2 yearbooks. Nothing from them. Sent a E-mail. got a response back with the codes. They stated that after the books are scanned, you name goes on a list and if they are backed up, the E-mail does not go out right away. This is after the 6 week wait. However, if you E-mail them, then they check the list and manually send them to you.

What a way to do business.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014