• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Squinky's Tuition
Disclaimer
Just thought I'd share my use for the mail-in rebate debit cards you get from the Current FAR Items at Newegg thread.
This is my Fall tuition payment for Auburn University.

A sincere thank you to Fatwallet and the people who have helped out by posting the FAR deals. You can either look at this as "FREE tuition with the purchase of tons of software" or "FREE tons of software with the payment of your tuition." Either way, it was a fun way to pay for a semester!

And a sincere apology to whomever tried to pay their Auburn tuition last week and found that the billing system had crashed... I don't THINK it was my fault!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cool! Auburn can reload the debit cards and use them to pay their football players.

+1 for a really nice way to use those annoying prepaid debit cards!

wfay said:   +1 for a really nice way to use those annoying prepaid debit cards!I'm not sure which I prefer. The checks mean that I can purchase something with a rewards credit card and then pay off the card with the money from the check (at least a 2% boost). The cards, however, give me free rentals at Redbox...

squinky86 said:   wfay said:   +1 for a really nice way to use those annoying prepaid debit cards!I'm not sure which I prefer. The checks mean that I can purchase something with a rewards credit card and then pay off the card with the money from the check (at least a 2% boost). The cards, however, give me free rentals at Redbox...
After Redbox, cash them out at a bank (if they are not issued by Chase).

SpeedDragon

Cam and Cecil Newton approve this message. Jovon Robinson "likes" this, too.

I'm not a fan of the bureaucracy and athletic programs at Auburn. I just go because of the high quality teachers like Dr. David Umphress. Fortunately, the Greek houses and stadium are on one side of campus, and the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering is on the other. It's like two separate schools - the party side and the geeky side.

squinky86 said:   I'm not a fan of the bureaucracy and athletic programs at Auburn. I just go because of the high quality teachers like Dr. David Umphress. Fortunately, the Greek houses and stadium are on one side of campus, and the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering is on the other. It's like two separate schools - the party side and the geeky side.

I'd be willing to bet that's intentional. Ya know the rules...geeks and jocks/popular/frat/special people are not to mix.

folks over in FW Finance saw your article posted on Yahoo frontpage yesterday.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1219703/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014