• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
jschuman said:   My point was, with a gas car you can bring the fuel to the vehicle,problem solved. But with a battery car, how do you bring a charge to the vehicle?

that is true. it's about fuel management either way. bear in mind, you get to "refuel" this car AT HOME EVERYDAY. you can't do that with a conventional engine unless you live at a gas station.

peas said:   homerj31 said:   how much to get the charging station at home?Lowes sells the GE charger for a grand. There's a hard-wired version and a wall plug version with a NEMA 6-50 plug. That makes installation super easy because any electrician can install a standard NEMA 6-50 plug. You can also move the charger wherever you like if you have multiple 6-50 outlets.I forgot to mention another option by EVSE Upgrade. Their <$300 cable modification allows the Leaf to charge at the full 3.84kW rate from a 240v outlet.

As far as having to install a charger, we have been just using the level 1 charger that comes with the car, and charging over night. As long as we drive 80 miles a day or less, this has worked fine for us.

blueiedgod said:   Called the local dealer, they could not touch the Leaf for under $200. $250 is the best they could do, with $3000 down.

Too bad I can't fly down and drive the car back.

Fly in, sign lease, u-ship car, fly back!

alamo11 said:   blueiedgod said:   Called the local dealer, they could not touch the Leaf for under $200. $250 is the best they could do, with $3000 down.

Anyone been able to pull that off with Bommarito Nissan? Their Leaf lease has plunged to $158/mo 0-down! I'm starting to get suspicious of bait & switch tactics by this dealer.

peas said:   alamo11 said:   blueiedgod said:   Called the local dealer, they could not touch the Leaf for under $200. $250 is the best they could do, with $3000 down.

Anyone been able to pull that off with Bommarito Nissan? Their Leaf lease has plunged to $158/mo 0-down! I'm starting to get suspicious of bait & switch tactics by this dealer.

I am convinced it bait and switch. Spoke with 2 different sales people. Both stated that "the vehicle in the ad is available, come in to sign the papers" when I tell them that I want to do everything over the phone/fax/e-mail and have the car shipped to me in Buffalo, they both told me they will get back to me, and never did.

blueiedgod said:   I am convinced it bait and switch. Spoke with 2 different sales people. Both stated that "the vehicle in the ad is available, come in to sign the papers" when I tell them that I want to do everything over the phone/fax/e-mail and have the car shipped to me in Buffalo, they both told me they will get back to me, and never did.

I would never say a dealer is good, but this is one of the largest dealers in the St Louis area. However, generally they are more expensive than other dealers in the area. Just saying.

so any takers?

miserTen said:   Is this SL or SV? Test drove one, good ride, only problem is we started with "30 miles" balance and after 5-6 miles test drive it was at 18, so dont know how much you can get on full talk. But if it works for you. Go for it.

The mileage indicator is notoriously inaccurate until you put 1000 to 1500 miles on your Leaf. At that point it is just inaccurate. I live in Sarasota Florida and drive mine round trip 70 miles daily. I could make this without charging at work, but I plug in when I'm not driving. My full range is around 80 miles with the AC blasting. At that money, I'd get 2. I love my Leaf.

Bommarito Nissan never panned out. The sales guy first said $179/mo with nothing down, then a week later said Nissan changed it to $199/mo with $3k down + TTL. At first he was fine with a transaction from out of state but became less interested as the email conversation went on.

After factoring in shipping, TTL etc, I had pretty much given up. At the time my local dealer was only able to do $329/mo + $3k down + TTL which ended up being $5k down. However this weekend the salesman called back and said that they had ONE Leaf for $279/mo with ZERO down. I hauled butt into the dealership and signed the papers. He implied that the remaining Leafs would be $279 + TTL but who knows, they might get desperate to move them and offer others with 0 down. PM me if you want the dealership info.

Although it's not a luxury car, it feels like one in many ways. The dash is laid out well, touchscreen navigation with Carwings, 3 mo of XM radio, steering wheel comes with a leather wrap which feels great. The car performs about as well as an average midsize vehicle. I don't miss getting reamed at the pump; being free from that is beyond awesome.

ProzacBoy said:   miserTen said:   Is this SL or SV? Test drove one, good ride, only problem is we started with "30 miles" balance and after 5-6 miles test drive it was at 18, so dont know how much you can get on full talk. But if it works for you. Go for it.The mileage indicator is notoriously inaccurate until you put 1000 to 1500 miles on your Leaf. At that point it is just inaccurate.The Leaf community has nicknamed it the Guess-O-Meter (GOM). I laughed when I first saw that term.

Hi ProzacBoy,

I live in Sarasota too and I was wondering were did you got your Leaf at. Did you install a charger at home? Or are you charging it with the charger that comes with the car?

Thanks!
Juan

Looks like the deal is starting to heat up again, after it cooled for the past month. Bommarito is now at $99/mo for 24 mos with $2500 down (Not quite as cheap, but pretty much the same $ deal [about $400 more] as the original offer).

I was offered 2012 Leaf SV:
MRSP: $36912.02
Sale Price: $34000.00

Customer down: $500.00
Total Rebate: $8050
Total Cash and Rebate: $8550

39 month, 15000 miles per year

Monthly payment: $274.38
Residual amount: $16661.20

I save about $100/month on gas. Do you guys think it is a good deal now? I know 2013 model is coming. Thanks.

dell8200 said:   I was offered 2012 Leaf SVF

I save about $100/month on gas. Do you guys think it is a good deal now? I know 2013 model is coming. Thanks.
You can get a good hatchback (Scion xd/xb, Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, etc) for max 20k. The $7.3k you would save by not getting the Leaf would pay for over 6 years of gas. I'm not even taking the cost of electricity into consideration right now.

KayK said:   dell8200 said:   I was offered 2012 Leaf SVF

You can get a good hatchback (Scion xd/xb, Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, etc) for max 20k. The $7.3k you would save by not getting the Leaf would pay for over 6 years of gas. I'm not even taking the cost of electricity into consideration right now.
6 years is a reasonable break-even on gas savings. You're making the (false) assumption that gas will remain below $4/gal throughout that period when the experts are saying it'll be $5/gal in a few years. Never visiting a gas station again and not funding terrorists in the mideast is priceless. Besides, the Leaf is a far better ride than the Xb, Fit or Versa. Go for it dell8200, that's a great lease deal.

Wholly smoky, I got an unbelievable deal today as the dealership needs this very Leaf sale to meet end of month target..

2012 Nissan Leaf SV
MSRP: $36,220
Discount: $<5408>
Agreed upon value: $30,812.00
Acquisition fee: $595.00
Total Gross Capitalized Cost: $31,407.00

Lease rebate: $8,050

Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $23,357.00
Residual Value: $21,007.60
Depreciation and any amortized amount: $2,349.40

Final deal:
$99.22 due on signing
followed by 23 payments of $99.22 due on 28th of each month

24 months, 12,000 miles per year.
Purchase option at the end of lease term: You have an option to purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease term for $21,007.60

peas said:   KayK said:   dell8200 said:   I was offered 2012 Leaf SVF

6 years is a reasonable break-even on gas savings. You're making the (false) assumption that gas will remain below $4/gal throughout that period when the experts are saying it'll be $5/gal in a few years. Never visiting a gas station again and not funding terrorists in the mideast is priceless. Besides, the Leaf is a far better ride than the Xb, Fit or Versa. Go for it dell8200, that's a great lease deal.

dell8200 said:   Wholly smoky, I got an unbelievable deal today as the dealership needs this very Leaf sale to meet end of month target..

2012 Nissan Leaf SV

Final deal:
$99.22 due on signing

Purchase option at the end of lease term: You have an option to purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease term for $21,007.60
That is a smokin deal. Congrats! Monthly payments less than $100/mo ( <half mine) and virtually nothing down. Anyone would be crazy to pass up a deal like that.

Do you mind posting dealer and sales person info. I would like to duplicate this. This is a really great deal!

dell8200 said:   Wholly smoky, I got an unbelievable deal today as the dealership needs this very Leaf sale to meet end of month target..

2012 Nissan Leaf SV

Final deal:
$99.22 due on signing

peas said:   KayK said:   dell8200 said:   I was offered 2012 Leaf SVF

Please tell us the dealership that's offering the jaw-dropping deal on the Leaf... I've been waiting a lifetime to afford an electric car... I'm begging you to share

thanks!

It is a pacific northwest dealer but only one leaf a month they would be willing to sell at a big discount. It is Nissan's payback structure that require them to sell at least one leaf to get max kickback on the overall sale. Contact all dealers around you at the month end and there could be a great deal if one of them is shooting at it.

Talked to the dealer offering the $99 per month with $2,500 down and it is due to a regional adjustment paid by Nissan. Nissan is apparently forcing sales by pushing money around to places that aren't selling well. No surprise but that deal is gone, but their next best is $150/month. Still not at all bad.

the dealer is Tacoma Nissan. http://www.tacomanissan.com/
They just started advertising the $99 down and $99/month promotion on the website, but it seems their Leaf 2012 models are all gone. Maybe you can do price match at the right time, such as month end.

The ad from tacoma nissan is all B.S. I tried to obtain one at the advertised
price and was told it was no longer available. But, they just so happened, to
have another one at a 'slightly higher' price... total deceptive advertising.

My friend was trying to get the same deal as mine but was told the closest thing now is 0 down $199/month. Still not bad if it is the right car for you as most other dealers cannot do this either.

mikep4436 said:   The ad from tacoma nissan is all B.S. I tried to obtain one at the advertised
price and was told it was no longer available. But, they just so happened, to
have another one at a 'slightly higher' price... total deceptive advertising.

There is $3500 dealer cash available now, plus the $7500 federal rebate, so that in essence is $11,000.00 off the car.

Yep, there's an ad in the Atlanta paper this weekend, Regal Nissan is advertising 1 Leaf at $20k after all incentives (list price $36.5k minus fed/state tax credits of $12.5k and dealer cash). You would have to pay sales tax on $33k of car though.

http://www.regalauto.com/VehicleDetails/new-2012-Nissan-LEAF-4dr...

Pretty good deal, but I've seen mixed reports on the miles that people are actually getting out of the Leaf. I have a 50-mile, 90% highway work roundtrip and from what I've seen you're lucky to get 60 miles in the winter or middle of summer with A/C running. That's cutting it way too close for me.

GTFan said:   Yep, there's an ad in the Atlanta paper this weekend, Regal Nissan is advertising 1 Leaf at $20k after all incentives (list price $36.5k minus fed/state tax credits of $12.5k and dealer cash). You would have to pay sales tax on $33k of car though.

http://www.regalauto.com/VehicleDetails/new-2012-Nissan-LEAF-4dr...

Pretty good deal, but I've seen mixed reports on the miles that people are actually getting out of the Leaf. I have a 50-mile, 90% highway work roundtrip and from what I've seen you're lucky to get 60 miles in the winter or middle of summer with A/C running. That's cutting it way too close for me.
With that amount of driving you'd stand to save a ton of money on fuel. 50-mi round trip, even in the worst case scenarios - hottest part of summer or coldest GA winter - is easily achievable once you get a feel for the driving styles that conserve (or waste) the most energy.

To address your range anxiety which could be valid in rare cases, see if you have access to a standard 120v outlet at work. 25 mi worth of driving (one-way) should charge up in 2-4 hrs depending on how hard you drive it. That's plenty of time assuming you work regular 8+ hrs/day. $22k (approx w/tax) for a new Leaf is incredible. Being close to the end of the year, you'd be able to get the tax credits in a few months. Man I'm envious of all the incentives available to you.

Got a SL for $300/mo, 15k mi, 36 month, incl TTL, zero out of pocket. In SoCal. ~$1250 below invoice. Called around, nobody is even close to the deals above. Still have $2500 CA CVRP incentive, so essentially $230/mo. Got a good or not?

It think you might have been able to get a little better but not much. If you got it for $1250 below invoice than it's about $1000 below MSRP of SV. Currently national ad for SV $199 and $1999 down plus license, title, fees, taxes. So if you eliminate the down, you payment now comes to $250. Since you did zero out of pocket meaning they no title, license, and fees correct? That should increase the monthly by 25 bucks. Add tax and maybe someone can do $285 - $290/month as best. So $300 is not bad at all. Which So. Cal. dealer was this?

Oh.. I didn't realized you got 15k/year. Yeah, so I think you got a good deal. Do you have the info of how the lease was broken down? Like Final Cap Cost, Residual Value, etc?

i got mine for 260/mo after tax with 0 down and all fees paid for my SL. even the first month was paid. 15k/year for 24 months (it was a mistake, but they gave it to me at the end.) this is in Colma, CA.

i went for the 24 month lease because all work is covered in the first 24 months. so the only thing i can tell is required to do is tire rotation and brakes.

but thinking back and after driving it for two weeks, should have gotten the 36 month deal because you get additional 2500 back in CA if the lease is at lease 36 months.

also, i am getting a free home charger installed and installation fee paid via http://www.theevproject.com/overview.php

yeah, i agree it doesn't work for everyone but it does make sense for me. it's a great commute car if distance allows.

Frankng, I'm looking through their site. Does everyone who sign up for the EV Project gets a charger and installation for free? Do you have to meet some qualification? If so, do you know what they are? Income? Home type? Area? etc? Feel free to PMed me. Thanks!

Looks like the deal is expired.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014