• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have purchased 2 laptops from Staples for the $100 extra rebate for students, each time i have dealt with associates who claim "Oh yea the rebate will print." and it never does

I show them my id and they claim it is not needed even though advestisement and rebate says you need to show.... apparently this is an ongoing issue they cant fix stupidity....

****Warning, if you submit this online, it will be marked as "invalid"

see discussion:

9:45:45 AM : me: for rebate 12-96391
9:46:03 AM : me: in store, it did not bring anything for the $100 student rebate
9:46:16 AM : me: associate said i can do online
9:46:29 AM : me: should i register with my .edu address to avoid any processing issues ?
9:47:06 AM : me: i meant, instore did not print any rebate form
9:47:56 AM : Beth: Okay, where it did not print, the store must not have entered into the register that the ID was shown, we would have to have you either fax or e-mail a copy of the ID to process that rebate.
9:48:19 AM : Beth: You can still submit it online today, but it will come back invalid for missing the ID.
9:48:26 AM : me: apparently the stores are not aware of the procedure
9:48:34 AM : me: this would be my 2nd time with this issue at 2 stores
9:48:37 AM : me: i show my id
9:48:45 AM : me: but say they dont neeed it
9:48:49 AM : me: sigh
9:48:57 AM : me: this is aggrevating
9:49:01 AM : Beth: I apologize, we have been having a lot of difficulty with this promotion.
9:49:45 AM : me: i will submit this online today but where should i fax my information ?
9:50:35 AM : Beth: Our fax # is 1-866-964-7069, please include your tracking number, name, address, phone # and e-mail address on a cover letter.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

..and from the above example, it is clear that Beth successfully made it through the education system, retaining the important rules of capitalization, and the use of past, present and future tense, so to become gainfully employed and assist those that fail at these important concepts.

Yea, Beth!

lol

Im not trying to thread crap, but if Beth only has had two issues with 2 stores, that is really not bad. Both times I have done it, the employees knew what they were doing. Maybe just bad luck with a bad employee who had a bad day.

It seems like a complete lack of communication and training by managers at these store. If you go into an Apple Store, and get the student discount, they know exactly what to do and get the priced dropped immediately. I believe the management should be responsible for this.

erbaker67 said:   Im not trying to thread crap, but if Beth only has had two issues with 2 stores, that is really not bad. Both times I have done it, the employees knew what they were doing. Maybe just bad luck with a bad employee who had a bad day.

you misunderstand what has been posted.... beth = Staples, me = issues at 2 different stores on this promotion

OP, please consider a more descriptive title, e.g.:

Staples - for those buying a laptop for $100 Student rebate - please read about my bad experience with the rebate

or

Staples - $100 Student laptop rebate hassles

My apologies OP. I was on my cell. Maybe I just happened to get lucky the two times I have done it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014