Black Friday 2012 Store Opening Times

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
http://www.examiner.com/article/2012-black-friday-opening-times-...

Below is a list of stores that have revealed their opening times so far for this year's Black Friday which falls on November 23, 2012.

WalMart - 12:00 a.m.
Best Buy - 12:00 a.m.
Toys R Us and doorbusters - 9:00 p.m. Thursday, November 22, 2012
Target - No time yet officially announced
K-Mart - 5:00 a.m.
JC Penney - 4:00 a.m.
Kohl's - 12:00 a.m.
Macys - 12:00 a.m.
meijer - 4:00 a.m.
OfficeMax - 6:00 a.m.
Sears - 4:00 a.m.
Staples - 6:00 a.m.
Walgreens - 7:00 a.m.
Office Depot - 6:00 a.m.
Old Navy - 12:00 a.m.
Bass Pro Shops - 6:00 a.m.
Cabela's - 5:00 a.m.
CompUSA - 5:00 a.m.
HH Gregg - 12:00 a.m.
Menards - 6:00 a.m.
Microcenter - 8:00 a.m.
Radio Shack - 5:30 a.m.
PETsMART - 7:00 a.m.
Joann Fabrics - 6:00 a.m.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Sports Authority is opening at midnight.

Specialbrew (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 8:53a) |

WalMart already has most of their deals on the out on the floor already

kcrom (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 11:13a) |

WalMart is 8pm not Midnight.

JediFreeStuff (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 8:54p) |

WalMart - 12:00 a.m.
Best Buy - 12:00 a.m.
Toys R Us and doorbusters - 9:00 p.m. Thursday, November 22, 2012
Target - No time yet officially announced
K-Mart - 5:00 a.m.
JC Penney - 4:00 a.m.
Kohl's - 12:00 a.m.
Macys - 12:00 a.m.
meijer - 4:00 a.m.
OfficeMax - 6:00 a.m.
Sears - 4:00 a.m.
Staples - 5:00 a.m.
Walgreens - 7:00 a.m.
Office Depot - 6:00 a.m.
Old Navy - 12:00 a.m.
Bass Pro Shops - 6:00 a.m.
Cabela's - 5:00 a.m.
CompUSA - 5:00 a.m.
HH Gregg - 12:00 a.m.
Menards - 6:00 a.m.
Microcenter - 8:00 a.m.
Radio Shack - 6:00 a.m.
PETsMART - 7:00 a.m.
Joann Fabrics - 6:00 a.m.

Please Note: Stores may not open on Thanksgiving (until Midnight) in some states.
Maine is one state as such.

Coincidentally I'm sitting here wearing my 2011 BF t-shirt that says "I already got it online. I'm just here to watch you guys fight for it."

don't forget to get tents and sleeping bags..

wearing my 'half black friday shirt'

Surprised about K-Mart - in the past it's been 24x7 since Wednesday night...

Better option is to stay in a 24 hour WalMart and keep the stuff in your cart until 12:00 AM

Black Friday already? Shoot me now??

What's the hot item this year anyway? Everyone has the TVs, tablets and PCs. All the 'doorbusters' are gonna be cheap knockoffs that don't last long. I think this year will be a relative dud.

kvs25 said:   What's the hot item this year anyway? Everyone has the TVs, tablets and PCs. All the 'doorbusters' are gonna be cheap knockoffs that don't last long. I think this year will be a relative dud.

Maybe that Wii-U thing, at least going by ebay pre-sales.

kvs25 said:   What's the hot item this year anyway? Everyone has the TVs, tablets and PCs. All the 'doorbusters' are gonna be cheap knockoffs that don't last long. I think this year will be a relative dud.

I will be looking for an LED TV to replace the CRT we have in the bedroom. And a wall mount too.

Not much expect

Best Buy at midnight on Black Friday was through the roof at the store I go to.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, can't wait. i always do the bestbuy!

wow,thanks! I like it!

Hot Item this year will be all of the Ultrabooks! PC manufacturers have slowly been tweaking them - and are ready to blow them out the door.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Well, important enough... Wal-Mart started at 10:00 last year! By 11:00 a lot of things were gone!
Also Important. GO SHOPPING BEFORE THE SALE!!!!
Ok, so this is what I mean by that. Best Buy lists a (for example) Blu-Ray player. The same one at Wal-Mart. So, that and 12 other items go into your cart early in the evening at Wally World and you price match it, saving four hours of waiting in line at Best Buy to get in and two to get out.
Other Stores Price match as long as you have the ad on you. Which is where the time invested in knowing where to find the items before hand comes in.
This creates a more streamlined shopping (aka lowering your stress level) experience.

One more hint: three years running my wife and I went to WalMart nearest to us and it was a test to my Christian faith and discipline not to use my military training to drop a few irritating people to the floor... but I digress, as I was saying we went to a local one that was busy every year. Well, lo and behold we found a new one a few mile away and that one has as many people attending... BUT it is also BIGGER and has a larger stock and larger isles and more checkouts etc!!! Get it? Thanx for listening to my rant! Hope this helps a little

Looking forward to shopping this Black Friday. Thanks for the list!

the good old black friday camp out for a 42 inch tv (pretty big for 7 years ago, Olevia still going strong), xbox etc days are behind me, on the lookout this year for wipes, diapers, cat food and cat litter. Tell me where to turn in my man card. Ooh and also excited for CVS FAECB items.

Worse buy I only do online...

pjws3 said:   the good old black friday camp out for a 42 inch tv (pretty big for 7 years ago, Olevia still going strong), xbox etc days are behind me, on the lookout this year for wipes, diapers, cat food and cat litter. Tell me where to turn in my man card. Ooh and also excited for CVS FAECB items.

Hey.. You need a man card to change some of them diapers..

Which shop is better to line if i wanna replace my TV ?

I want a 50' for our living room, which brand is better? when i should start to line on BF? Thanks for your help .

rumor has it target is opening at 10pm to be matched up with WalMart who also appears to be opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving Day.

macer99 said:   rumor has it target is opening at 10pm to be matched up with WalMart who also appears to be opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving Day.
special hours but no deals?

not much expect, do online much more

I rather shop online but the husband loves the craze of black friday more than the deals itself. You will be seeing me shopping at both

littlewen said:   Not much expect

and how about the deals?

Are all of these hours official or subject to change?

my4mainecoons said:   macer99 said:   rumor has it target is opening at 10pm to be matched up with WalMart who also appears to be opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving Day.
special hours but no deals?

Well obviously he changed his tune with the price match announcement.

My wife works at Target. She doesn't even know the hours yet but was told a few weeks ago there would be no Midnight opening, more like 4 AM. But that may change.

Hi all looking for a LED TV in the range of 46-55 inch. Any brand really but I have heard that Samsung's are one of the best ones. Does anybody know of any BF deals on LED TV's this year? Any advise you can provide would be great.

hstolarz said:   Are all of these hours official or subject to change?

Hours are unofficial until: A. The actual print ad comes out or B. B&M stores posts the time on the door.

It's actual unofficial until the store schedules their staff . Best Buy has yet to tell the staff the hours.

Best idea I've heard! The 24/7 Wal-Mart located near me actually shut down for a few hours so no one could do this last year. I'm hoping for a change this year though I'm already starting my list!

Staples ad says 5:00am.

Although WalMart will be open Thanksgiving Day (unless your state prohibits it), the official BF event won't start until 8 p.m. when certain items will be going on sale like video games and toys. I believe laptops and certain t.v.s such as the 60 inch Vizio for $688 will start going on sale at 10 p.m. and some other items are scheduled for Friday morning at 5 a.m.

Target will be opening on Turkey Day at 9 p.m. this year.

Sears will be opening at 8 p.m. on Turkey Day.

JcPenney's will be opening at 6 a.m. on Friday. No snowglobes this year either.

Wal-Mart is accepting pre-orders online for BF deals. My BF just ordered the 32inch TV for $179.

How do you pre-order BF deals at WalMart or at any other store?

Any ideas about what time deals become available online? Also, which stores are known to have door busters online?

Hey guys, for Staples BF, I'm looking on their website for some of the items and it says "not in stock" or "not sold in this store". Will they have inventory at every Staples for BF or do I really have to find a Staples that actually carries the items?

Skipping 8 Messages...
WalMart is 8pm not Midnight.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014