• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm looking at something simple for my 65 year old mother... all she does is occasional stuff.... word/couple websites qvc etc... and email. Does anyone have any experience with these models?

Thanks
---MIKE

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Silly topic...since, obviously...many factors go into these. (i.e. brand, model, price, etc).

Research what specs you need...then do more research into a narrowed down section of two or three for you and/or your mother to look at in finer detail.

I bought a refurb monitor from Staples/Joy Systems, and was happy with it.

However, the prices aren't very good on the current refurbished desktops, since they are all Pentium 4/Pentium D systems. You can do better buying a used Dell or HP Core 2 Duo system on eBay, especially if you don't mind installing Windows.

Or, look for a deal on a new system, like last week's Gateway SX2865-UR11P $200 deal.

What is you budget?

Do you just need the computer?

Or a complete system?

op leaves out much details.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014