comcast in houston

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am signing up with Comcast. They want to charge me $7/month for the cable modem. I am getting the Mbps package. Not sure which modem will accommodate this speed with reasonable price. I don't want to pay fortune for a cable modem. Any ideas guys?

Member Summary

I read or was told it depends or your local area if they even allow this. Also depends on if you have voice service. I just recently got a new Motorola Surfboard sb6121 of eBay for $60. So now going with Ooma for home phone and stuck with them for internet.

don't get the triple play hustle, usually if you sign up in best buy for comcast, you get your modem free, just get DOCSIS 3 and you should be good

If you plan on going the buy your own modem route, which is what I recommend to save on rental fees. Here are a list of their approved modems. I'm still using my Motorola SurfBoard SB5100 purchased back in 2005 for $45. At a rental fee of $3/month back then, it already paid for itself and savings me money at this point.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014