Lowes drywall settlement received today

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Finally settled. $250 gift card came today. I only purchased 6 sheets.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Damn! Congrats!

i only got $50

The most expensive glory hole you'll ever get paid for

got my $250 yesterday in the mail as well...

mine was $50 but that's the proper amount for what I bought. Thanks to the op's of the 3 links.

Got Mine $50 bucks. Yippy!!!

250 here for 50 sheets.

I had totally forgotten about this, so I was thrilled to get a $50 gift card yesterday.

I got a $250 gift card when i purchased 213 sheets i submitted proof of damages medical bills for my entire family repair statements and bids from contractors. I contracted the attorneys in charge and said they would look into it and contract me this week i submitted the enhanced benefit claim form.

robosupa Any luck? I also submitted proof of damages and an affadavit for hospitalization due to stroke-like symptoms I had as a result of working with their poisonous drywall. I had redone my house with their drywall, and still had receipts for some of it.
They only gave me the $250 card and a form letter. No mention whatsoever of the Enhanced Benefits Group claim. That was Sept. 24. The lawyers steered me to the outfit handling it all, called Total Class Solutions L.L.P. I think I'm getting the good old runaround. The thought has crossed my mind that there are a bunch of us getting shafted, while those people keep the cash. I plan to ratchet it up a notch, and if I have to, I will consider hiring a lawyer to go after it; however, I hate the thought, they are expensive critters.

I only received 250 gift card also. I have called them every week since Sept. I think we all got screwed and the attorney are the only ones who benefited from this whole mess.There should be someone who over sees these class actions and make sure its just not some laywer taking all the money. WHERE CAN WE GO TO GET HELP?

Like the 2 posters above, I also submitted for enhanced benefits claim (property damage only, no physical injury). I got a $250 GC in late Sep. I called the Claims Administrator, Total Class Solutions, whose number was on the letter accompanying the gift card. Talked to Rachel, who said they will review my claim. Then called back early Oct, was told they need more time because there were a lot of appeals like ours. Called in Nov, Kathy said still under review. In late Dec, someone called me offering another $250 to which I said it's not enough to cover the cost of remediation. I believe this call was from Lowes' lawyers.

Then, today, 2/14, I got a call from Bridget saying they can offer me the full GC amount, no more - I read to her the acceptable proof of documentation in the settlement docs and asked her what part of that I did not satisfy. She said I had to prove damage due to sulfur, so I asked her where in the document is that requirement. Lowes is neither admitting nor denying fault here, so why should I have to prove sulfur damage. If that's what they really wanted as proof, then it should have been stated explicitly.

Finally, she said she's with the defendant's (Lowes) lawyers and that the plaintiff's (us) lawyers did not agree that I should get more than $250, and that they (Lowes' lawyers) are offering this as a courtesy. I said I need to talk to the claims admin or the plaintiff's lawyers because I satisfied all the doc requirements and submitted more than $4.5k in remediation-related expenses. After calling and leaving a message, I have yet to hear from the plaintiff's lawyers or claims admin...

How about you guys, where are you with your claims?

I call numerous time after my 250 Gift Card since Sept 2012 all they said it was under review. Well i called 2/22 and was told they finally reviewed my claim and they will send me a letter of the amount they found to my favor but then she said or the reason why it was denied. I should receive in March, well waiting time again. i did email My state Senator of California and Florida's also and the White House. Well i was always told they would call me but never did i bug them alo't.

Well 5/10/13 and they still haven't sent out the letters of the outcome yet, apparently they need Lowes lawyers to approve there decisions. Basically BS to all of us.

June 19, 2013 i got a letter stating they researched my file as a courtesy and found i did not qualify for the enhance payout but out of courtesy they send me a $50 gift card. I'm not giving up i have send a letter to corporate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014