• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
BudmanTom said:   vickh said:   so this lease was a unicorn?

It's just like the savings from buying a volt.

I thought the whole point of the thread was that it isn't just like the savings from buying because, when you lease, the dealer gets the tax credit?

BudmanTom said:   vickh said:   so this lease was a unicorn?

Or the savings from buying a Mustang Shelby GT 500, or a Lexus 450h, or.. oh wait...
Cars are a bad return on investment, period. Not everyone buys a car simply based on savings (compared to what?). Unless you own a Fit or Crown Vic, you're really just being pedantic.

Besides, you should thank every single Volt owner for reducing gasoline demand which lowers the price you pay at the pump. Some people do the Right Thing to improve things; you on the other hand are the type to whine about anything and everything. Don't tell me, you're a member of the flat-earth society? In another time & place, you'd be condemning Galileo or ridiculing Einstein.

is this deal active? and is anybody know which dealer is giving this deal in CA? Please give the details, so that I will approach them.

hello2sam said:   is this deal active? and is anybody know which dealer is giving this deal in CA? Please give the details, so that I will approach them.

This is not a deal. This is deal discussion. We should all be calling if to see if this is possible anywhere.

I will start check with dealers, if I will update. If any find please update here the location. Thank you.

Witold said:   This is not a deal. This is deal discussion. We should all be calling if to see if this is possible anywhere.When are you going to share the info regarding all the dealers that you called over the past 9 days?

peas said:   BudmanTom said:   vickh said:   so this lease was a unicorn?

Or the savings from buying a Mustang Shelby GT 500, or a Lexus 450h, or.. oh wait...
Cars are a bad return on investment, period. Not everyone buys a car simply based on savings (compared to what?). Unless you own a Fit or Crown Vic, you're really just being pedantic.

Besides, you should thank every single Volt owner for reducing gasoline demand which lowers the price you pay at the pump. Some people do the Right Thing to improve things; you on the other hand are the type to whine about anything and everything. Don't tell me, you're a member of the flat-earth society? In another time & place, you'd be condemning Galileo or ridiculing Einstein.

People don't buy a Shelby Mustang to save money but they do when they buy a Volt(or they are joining the green/red revolution) and you can buy the same car for less than half if it's not a hybrid, you will never get that money back. If you want to save money/gas buy a Prius or a Leaf both are less expensive and less of my money taxes go to buying your new car. http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/21/govt-subsidies-for-chevy-v...

Perhaps every Volt owner should thank a tax payer since they subsidized their purchases. Lol...I'm not sure it's fair to compare the Volt to the works of Galileo or Einstein.... the electric car has been around for a 100 years and it wasn't government funded back then.

BudmanTom said:   peas said:   BudmanTom said:   vickh said:   so this lease was a unicorn?

People don't buy a Shelby Mustang to save money but they do when they buy a Volt(or they are joining the green/red revolution) and you can buy the same car for less than half if it's not a hybrid, you will never get that money back. If you want to save money/gas buy a Prius or a Leaf both are less expensive and less of my money taxes go to buying your new car. http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/21/govt-subsidies-for-chevy-v...

Perhaps every Volt owner should thank a tax payer since they subsidized their purchases. Lol...I'm not sure it's fair to compare the Volt to the works of Galileo or Einstein.... the electric car has been around for a 100 years and it wasn't government funded back then.
Just about every emerging industry has received some sort of government funding. Yes, that includes the gasoline automobile industry (interstate highway system among others). Passenger airlines (USPS subsidized mail). Railroads. Oil. Just because the base technology for EVs has been around for a while, that doesn't preclude it from being an emerging industry. Windmills have been around for centuries, but wind turbines are an emerging sector.
Einstein received government research funding which led to the ultimate government funded project: The Manhattan Project.

Keep digging, as you'll see there's no limits to bad analogies.

saladdin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   CALIFORNIA DRIVERS NOTE THIS!!

Another key to Volt sales: It got approval for coveted access by solo drivers to California car-pool lanes that normally require two or three aboard.

Legit question here. Is getting access to the car pool lane that much of a big deal? I ask because I don't live in CA and curious.
It's HUGE. Here in WA, solo driver can pay up to $5 a time to use HOV lanes.

saladdin said:   frenchylarue said:   todd2006 said:   If this deal were possible in CA without any hassle, I'd jump on it.

And yes, it makes a huge difference in one's commute in CA to be able to jump into the carpool lanes. It would cut my 30 minute commute down to 20 minutes.

Not just the carpool lanes, but the carpool onramps during rush hour. Huge advantage.

How tough the cops enforcing? Is it a huge ticket to get caught ?

If they see you, they'll write you up. It's minimum $481 right now:
http://dot.ca.gov/hq/paffairs/faq/faq79.htm

Did any one find the dealer who is giving for this price?

I didn't find anyone, let me know if any one find who is offering this.

I'm still looking for a dealer with a competitive lease rate on a Volt too.

I can lease a nissan leaf for $6,250 for 2 years ($2,250 down + $167 per month, including taxes / fees).
I may go with the leaf if I don't start finding lease deals on the volt. I don't drive too far so it would be fine for me.

what are the current lease programs available in Socal area? anybody leased recently ?

rebyjessica said:   How about a fully loaded Volt 36x10 with 2500 down 399.00 a month Boardwalk Chevrolet Jessica Lane 650-568-5135
Shameless plug.

So, did you find a Volt deal in the meantime ?

weigelra said:   So, did you find a Volt deal in the meantime ?

Nope. Looks to me like the news stories were written on hype alone. I could not find a deal anywhere close to what the stories described - at least not anywhere near Philly.

MISTERCHEAP said:   CALIFORNIA DRIVERS NOTE THIS!!

Another key to Volt sales: It got approval for coveted access by solo drivers to California car-pool lanes that normally require two or three aboard.
Chevrolet has been pushing the HOV access for a couple of months on the radio. Limited to the low emissions package and 40,000 but they probably don't need to be concerned about the quantity with sales being slow.

Dano

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014