Bottled Water from Staples

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
If you order bottled water from Staplesand you ship to NY state, they for some reason do not charge the bottle deposit fee. On a case of 24 this is a savings of $1.20/case and cases arrive at your door rather than having to schlep them home from the store.

Member Summary

water
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Staples charges $5.49 for a case of water in store, which is expensive. If you live in New York you can buy the water from New jersey without tax or a bottle deposit.

I live in New York but Jersey is four hours away .... not all NY is the city :0
They dont charge a deposit on it but you cant return it either because its a non returnable ... so its about an even trade.

Go to BJs and buy it for a quarter of the cost.

owenscott said:   I live in New York but Jersey is four hours away ....
How far away is your faucet?

larrymoencurly said:   owenscott said:   I live in New York but Jersey is four hours away ....

tell that to my wife....shes gotta have bottled....

mrmin said:   larrymoencurly said:   owenscott said:   I live in New York but Jersey is four hours away ....

tell that to my wife....shes gotta have bottled....

Buy her a reusable bottle and teach her how to bottle water herself.
Tap water is regulated, bottled water is not with respect to what can be in it.

There've been various studies that suggest bottled water (of the vanilla kind) is less healthy than tap water.

m2go said:   Tap water is regulated, ..."Tap" water includes private wells and they are not regulated (at least in my county) nor do most people test them regularly.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   m2go said:   Tap water is regulated, ..."Tap" water includes private wells and they are not regulated (at least in my county) nor do most people test them regularly.

The vast majority of people here have access to "tap" water so not really a point. Also if you're not testing your well...you run the risk of introducing harmful contaminants for other water uses (i.e. food prep, brushing your teeth, etc)...no matter if you buy bottled water for drinking or not.

mrmin said:   larrymoencurly said:   owenscott said:   I live in New York but Jersey is four hours away .... How far away is your faucet?tell that to my wife....shes gotta have bottled....Fill cleaned, crystal clear bottles made of PET plastic almost all the way, shake them to put bubbles in the water, then leave out in the sun for 2 days so the oxygen and ultraviolet kill almost all the bacterial. That results in bottled water cleaner than the store-bought stuff.

respdoc said:   The vast majority of people here have access to "tap" water so not really a point. Also if you're not testing your well...you run the risk of introducing harmful contaminants for other water uses (i.e. food prep, brushing your teeth, etc)...no matter if you buy bottled water for drinking or not.Even my relatives in Mississippi know to get their well water tested and treat it with chlorine or ozone, and some of those relatives resemble the banjo playing kid from Deliverance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014