• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
We currently have Verizon and I have an old LG slider phone. Always hated this phone! Now I want to get a new phone when we switch to Straight Talk. What is the best phone for the least amount of money on the Straight Talk plan? I have never had texting before, so I'd like to be able to do that with the least amount of trouble. Also would be great to be able to access my email account. Any advice on which phone to get or stay away from?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what are your choices?

If you want to stay with Verizon's network you will have to buy a CDMA phone from Straight Talk. They also offer phones that use the At&t & Sprint.

If you want to buy their sim card and provide your own phone you can choose either At&t or T-Mobile. You will be limited to the $45 unlimited plan. Also if you select a smart phone from their phones you have to go the $45 plan.

Break it down to what you want/need in terms of service, then decide on a phone.

Hard to say as phone choices are personal. I have an iphone 4 running on ST. It is an ATT based iphone and I got their SIM. I bought it used.

Before I went on my works plan with At&t and iphone, I personally owned the previous version of the Samsung T404G. Great phone, uses verizon towers. The only thing you need to worrry about is the hinges that holds both sections together. Broke on me right after the warranty went up. if you look online its a huge complaint....used a rubber band to hold together. but for the price, its a great deal for a year. do note you can not move contacts over in bulk, just individually.

stay away from the nokia e71

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.